Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,620 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

5 Advantages Of Working From Home - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Advantages Of Working From Home (15715 Views)

Possibility Of Working With Both State And Federal Government. / What's The Implication Of Working Without An Appointment Letter? / 7 Great Jobs You Can Easily Do From Home And Get Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by plsdisvirginme: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
Folasadepitan:
5 Advantages of Working From Home

Most times working from home is underrated. Working from home has lots of advantages that it almost feels like a luxury

It can be so wonderful to not have to share workspaces with annoying coworkers and overbearing bosses

Let's talk about the 5 Benefits of Working From Home

1. Being Able to Save a Lot of Time
Working at home helps save a lot of precious time. That means that you can spend more time doing the things that you actually love in life.

If you want to be able to hang out more with your friends and family members, then working at home can open you up to that pure joy.

It is so nice to not have to deal with long traffic in the morning and again at night(Lagos people can relate wella)

Not having to deal with uber drivers or any other form of transportation daily

Not having to leave home as early as 4 am & come back around 11pm

2. Being Able to Work in an Environment You Love:

It can be nice to be able to work as you stare at your walls covered in photographs of the people you love the most in the world

Staring at pictures of family members all day definitely beats being in a cold and sterile office environment with harsh lighting

3. Being Able to Take Breaks Whenever the Need Arises
If you work at home, then you’re in charge of your own schedule. You don’t have to worry much about anyone monitoring you.

It can be frustrating to not be able to nap quickly any time your eyelids feel heavy or go for a refreshing walk any time when you feel overwhelmed with work.

4. Not Having to Spend too much on Food:
It can be frustrating to have to buy food daily from local restaurants and fast food joints or pack food from home.

Paying for food outside can cost a lot. When I was working as a cashier with L.G., I used to spend 2/3 of my salary on T.P & the rest on food. Yes, no savings!

5. Not Having to Pick Out Outfits

Thinking of matching colours of shoes, bags & outfit is a herculean task

Back then, I used to spend my weekends planning clothes for the week.

To think that you have to iron the clothes to look professional

At home, you can wear your softest pair of leggings around. You can even keep your pyjamas on.

It's just bae

What do you do for a living?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by demanuel(m): 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2022
lawrence2top:

I also work on Fiverr. But I have been trying to get a job on Upwork for more than a year. Please can you put me through? Thanks.
Fiverr is my major source of earnings. I am still struggling with upwork, but then I believe that it's still down to the basics;
-Sending good proposals and on time.
-Having good samples to attach when sending proposals.
-Having a good professional profile.
-etc. Plus luck.

I am still struggling with that platform and I will keep trying till I get it right.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by SpencerM(m): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
Divoc19:
How can I get these jobs from home

Message me on 07063742909…You can work as a Callcare Rep or Collector
P:S And yes i work from home u can get a video to confirm
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by DesignMaestro(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
You're right. Most importantly, you earn hard currency.

Earning in dollars while working from home is still a rare privilege in Nigeria but can also be stressful and frustrating, especially if you are married with kids.

- Constant interruption from the kids,
-The need to attend to issues that would have been settled if you weren't at home,
- Dealing with difficult clients,
- Gaining weight,
- Spending more hours working
- Less social interaction
- Health related risks

I laughed when I read someone's comment, saying it encourages laziness! Well, it might be true if you are into selling of items online, but if you do render services, men, no room for laziness.

Notwithstanding, I still prefer it a million times to reporting at the office every damn morning.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Akuneshiobike(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
No vex.

which kind work be that?

Even yahoo wey be work from home....This nighas spend on the stuffs you listed...heavily

Don't tell me fashion designer abi btc abi fiverr...
www.upwork.com. This is an online platform basically designed for remote work. It's like a market place where foreigners post jobs. Payment is made in dollars and per hour rate.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Akuneshiobike(m): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
No vex.

which kind work be that?

Even yahoo wey be work from home....This nighas spend on the stuffs you listed...heavily

Don't tell me fashion designer abi btc abi fiverr...

www.upwork.com. This is an online platform basically designed for remote work. It's like a market place where foreigners post jobs. Payment is made in dollars and per hour rate.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by kolarov93(m): 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
Gottiii:
Pls.. do lawyers really make money?

Yeah, those one from better backgrounds while those one with poor backgrounds end up with charge and bail to make money.

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Dimejimichael(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
Plz i want to go into Tech, I don't even know wat to venture into, I'm so confused.. Will be very glad if anyone can recommend any digit skills to learn.

Wat I need to have on ground to aid my learning?
Where to learn?
And how to get the needed materials .

Tanks
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Layographics(m): 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2022
Just want to introduce you to a YouTube channel where can learn how to use Photoshop for graphics designs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIg4XhLJlII
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by midehi2(f): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
post=116015102:

Do you know
Only here cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by christianjoy(m): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
Am not a tech guy but I like gadget so much
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by echomanji: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2022
Light78:
I work from home. I save a lot, earn a lot, and feel comfortable.

Car Land, Dem think say I dey do yahoo. Police ask for what I do for a living, I told them, showed them my ID, Dem leave me.

Haters cry.

Some people are evil. The officer told me to be careful of people say one person for area reported me as a suspected yahoo boy.

Hustle well and live a good life.
which work do you do?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by NaijaCover(m): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
midehi2:

Only here cool

Is Me , Popular Blogger
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by meeketta: 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
condralbedez:
cool
Now that we have seen the benefits, please tell us what nature of job,that someone can comfortably do at home.
Affiliate marketing
freelancing
blogging
web designing
youtuber
amazon kdp etc.
whatsapp: 08160405243 If you want to learning any for just a token.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by midehi2(f): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
Akuneshiobike:

how do I begin?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by iLegendd(m): 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by FaithBrain1994(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
Disadvantage: Doesn't create room for networking. To me, remote job is boring and static.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by tctrills: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
Folasadepitan:
5 Advantages of Working From Home

Most times working from home is underrated. Working from home has lots of advantages that it almost feels like a luxury

It can be so wonderful to not have to share workspaces with annoying coworkers and overbearing bosses

Let's talk about the 5 Benefits of Working From Home

1. Being Able to Save a Lot of Time
Working at home helps save a lot of precious time. That means that you can spend more time doing the things that you actually love in life.

If you want to be able to hang out more with your friends and family members, then working at home can open you up to that pure joy.

It is so nice to not have to deal with long traffic in the morning and again at night(Lagos people can relate wella)

Not having to deal with uber drivers or any other form of transportation daily

Not having to leave home as early as 4 am & come back around 11pm

2. Being Able to Work in an Environment You Love:

It can be nice to be able to work as you stare at your walls covered in photographs of the people you love the most in the world

Staring at pictures of family members all day definitely beats being in a cold and sterile office environment with harsh lighting

3. Being Able to Take Breaks Whenever the Need Arises
If you work at home, then you’re in charge of your own schedule. You don’t have to worry much about anyone monitoring you.

It can be frustrating to not be able to nap quickly any time your eyelids feel heavy or go for a refreshing walk any time when you feel overwhelmed with work.

4. Not Having to Spend too much on Food:
It can be frustrating to have to buy food daily from local restaurants and fast food joints or pack food from home.

Paying for food outside can cost a lot. When I was working as a cashier with L.G., I used to spend 2/3 of my salary on T.P & the rest on food. Yes, no savings!

5. Not Having to Pick Out Outfits

Thinking of matching colours of shoes, bags & outfit is a herculean task

Back then, I used to spend my weekends planning clothes for the week.

To think that you have to iron the clothes to look professional

At home, you can wear your softest pair of leggings around. You can even keep your pyjamas on.

It's just bae

Everyone knows the advantage of working from home but not everyone can afford it.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by lawrence2top(m): 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2022
demanuel:

Fiverr is my major source of earnings. I am still struggling with upwork, but then I believe that it's still down to the basics;
-etc. Plus luck.

I am still struggling with that platform and I will keep trying till I get it right.
Same here. Fiverr is my major source of earnings. But I don't know why Upwork is difficult like this. And it's frustrating sometimes.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Chopcy29: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
If you are still not careful you will turn to a chronic masturbator

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by CulturedGotahia: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
You didn't even mention that people can run side hustles comfortably from their homes when they work from home. To start a side hustle from the comfort of your home visit www.gotahia.com/reseller and thank me later.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
dalass:

Thanks OP

Plus

No transportation costs, hazards or risks and

You make more money than running Helter skelter, as in, you make dough in foreign currency grin grin

One of the best, if not the best part.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Akuneshiobike(m): 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
demanuel:

-etc. Plus luck.

Please tell me more about Fiverr. I'm presently on Upwork. Been sending proposals and hoping for at least one to click.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by pocohantas(f): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Mekanus:
Boss lady teach me work na.

A lot has been said on this topic on Nairaland. I have even created topics to that effect and they are right there on my profile. wink
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
condralbedez:
cool
Now that we have seen the benefits, please tell us what nature of job,that someone can comfortably do at home.
There are several jobs you can do while working from home. Some of them are:

Freelancing
Affiliate marketing
YouTube content creation
Ecommerce
Dropshipping, etc.

Contact me on WhatsApp via +2347015112161 so we see the one that suits you the most
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Fantazy(m): 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2022
You van even work naked sef. Nobody will query you.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 4:44pm On Aug 24, 2022
FuckDModz:
grin

Quick backshots while waiting for app to build.
Quick nap while waiting for your next meeting.
Quick puff while waiting for your turn to speak in a meeting.
A quick way to grow old alone, become socially awkward and eventually choke on your junk food and die with no one to help you.

Onsite is 100x better than working from home in the long run.

I mean, imagine not being able to leave work stuff at work? Anxiety and depression living with you at home 24/7

Lol

Tommorrow, I'll make a post on how to effectively deal with this.

Stay tuned�
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
Edopesin:
Chai imagine being able to

1. sleep by 11pm and wake up by 8am (instead of the usual 10pm-4am)

2. zero traffic (The mad people of Lagos roads won't frustrate you)

3. no overzealous boss that will make sure you work to the edge

4. To eat homemade

I'm gradually transitioning from Engineering to Tech, I won't be left behind

Eggzactly!!!!!
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
Fantazy:
You van even work naked sef. Nobody will query you.

Lol... I just didn't want to mention it there ...
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 4:48pm On Aug 24, 2022
FaithBrain1994:
Disadvantage: Doesn't create room for networking. To me, remote job is boring and static.

That is not exactly true. I'll create a post regarding that tommorrow.

Don't miss it
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Akuneshiobike(m): 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
midehi2:

how do I begin?
Are you tech Savvy? If yes, do you know how to use some Customer Relationship Management tools such as Zendesk, Slack, Trello, Anydesk, Monday.com etc., to support your online customers (foreigners)? If no, then i can introduce you to an IT Class where you get these knowledge that can equip you to work remotely for foreigners via Upwork platform. ONLY if you are interested. 08189821671.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt / Phillips Consulting Recruiting For A Telecommunications Industry - 16 Positions / My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.