Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

5 Advantages Of Working From Home - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Advantages Of Working From Home (15714 Views)

Possibility Of Working With Both State And Federal Government. / What's The Implication Of Working Without An Appointment Letter? / 7 Great Jobs You Can Easily Do From Home And Get Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2022
Akuneshiobike:

Please tell me more about Fiverr. I'm presently on Upwork. Been sending proposals and hoping for at least one to click.

Fiverr is saturated. Upwork is the main deal.
I have a video that explains how you can navigate your way around not just upwork but social media platforms and get gigs.

Contact me on WhatsApp via +2347015112161 to get it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Mekanus(m): 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
pocohantas:

A lot has been said on this topic on Nairaland. I have even created topics to that effect and they are right there on my profile. wink
I was just kinda joking sha. I'm already on the online space but not making much. Just need a way to breakthrough in upwork.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
Chopcy29:
If you are still not careful you will turn to a chronic masturbator

Lol... that is not possible.

Of course, you can go out & network.
That the essence of being your own boss.

I'll talk about it tomorrow. Stay tuned
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by pocohantas(f): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
Mekanus:
I was just kinda joking sha. I'm already on the online space but not making much. Just need a way to breakthrough in upwork.

I thought as much because I was sure I have seen your post somewhere before. Omo, I done tire for Upwork matter. Na persistence and luck. At least someone that read my thread two weeks ago has gotten his first contract already.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
tctrills:

Everyone knows the advantage of working from home but not everyone can afford it.

Honestly, it doesn't cost much to work from home.

In fact, it is even more cost effective.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
Dimejimichael:
Plz i want to go into Tech, I don't even know wat to venture into, I'm so confused.. Will be very glad if anyone can recommend any digit skills to learn.

Wat I need to have on ground to aid my learning?
Where to learn?
And how to get the needed materials .

Tanks

There are several high income skills you can learn. Some of them are:
Content writing
Digital marketing
Copywriting
Web design
Graphics design, etc

With these skills, you can work as a freelancer from the comfort of your home

I have a video that explains how you can get these skills, how to be a freelancer and most importantly, how to get clients

Contact me on WhatsApp via +2347015112161 to get it

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2022
plsdisvirginme:
What do you do for a living?

I'm a digital Marketer and an online coach
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Mekanus(m): 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
pocohantas:

I thought as much because I was sure I have seen your post somewhere before. Omo, I done tire for Upwork matter. Na persistence and luck. At least someone that read my thread two weeks ago has gotten his first contract already.
Upwork is highly saturated now, it's mostly pure luck. Transcription is another good niche but Nigerians are restricted from the good paying ones and the ones that accept Nigerians make their test very hard to pass.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2022
3exe3:
Yeah u right but sometimes encourages laziness.

Not exactly.

You can get yourself a coach or an accountability partner.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
RedPill01:
Okay let me go start working at home

Lol...
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
Nwibii:
"At home, you can wear your softest pair of leggings around. You can even keep your pyjamas on."
Is that pyjamas you're putting on?

Lol ...You want to see me in pyjamas?

It's is a soft cloth, isn't it?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folasadepitan(f): 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
No vex.

which kind work be that?

Even yahoo wey be work from home....This nighas spend on the stuffs you listed...heavily

Don't tell me fashion designer abi btc abi fiverr...

There are several work you can do from home.

Freelancing is one of them
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by bukatyne(f): 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2022
Folasadepitan:
5 Advantages of Working From Home

Most times working from home is underrated. Working from home has lots of advantages that it almost feels like a luxury

It can be so wonderful to not have to share workspaces with annoying coworkers and overbearing bosses

Let's talk about the 5 Benefits of Working From Home

1. Being Able to Save a Lot of Time
Working at home helps save a lot of precious time. That means that you can spend more time doing the things that you actually love in life.

If you want to be able to hang out more with your friends and family members, then working at home can open you up to that pure joy.

It is so nice to not have to deal with long traffic in the morning and again at night(Lagos people can relate wella)

Not having to deal with uber drivers or any other form of transportation daily

Not having to leave home as early as 4 am & come back around 11pm

2. Being Able to Work in an Environment You Love:

It can be nice to be able to work as you stare at your walls covered in photographs of the people you love the most in the world

Staring at pictures of family members all day definitely beats being in a cold and sterile office environment with harsh lighting

3. Being Able to Take Breaks Whenever the Need Arises
If you work at home, then you’re in charge of your own schedule. You don’t have to worry much about anyone monitoring you.

It can be frustrating to not be able to nap quickly any time your eyelids feel heavy or go for a refreshing walk any time when you feel overwhelmed with work.

4. Not Having to Spend too much on Food:
It can be frustrating to have to buy food daily from local restaurants and fast food joints or pack food from home.

Paying for food outside can cost a lot. When I was working as a cashier with L.G., I used to spend 2/3 of my salary on T.P & the rest on food. Yes, no savings!

5. Not Having to Pick Out Outfits

Thinking of matching colours of shoes, bags & outfit is a herculean task

Back then, I used to spend my weekends planning clothes for the week.

To think that you have to iron the clothes to look professional

At home, you can wear your softest pair of leggings around. You can even keep your pyjamas on.

It's just bae

Point 1 & 3 gives me the vibes that you have not worked fully from home. cheesy
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by bukatyne(f): 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2022
Bloggz74:
Disadvantages:
1. You work even past 5pm till late in the night most times.
2. You can have unplanned meetings so going for personal issues outside your home could be tricky.
3. You need constant power supply for a perfect work station which could costs alot.
4. Working from home could be boring because you miss that office excitement and banter.
5. You add lots of weight because of less stress and eating too much.
6. Much distraction from kids and family members especially married ones.

Absolutely on point!
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by bukatyne(f): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
AdeMoss:
I will describe this list as FEATURES of working from home and not advantages. By the time your home has been conditioned to workspace, it has a mental effect. The absence of physical coworker interaction turns you to a robot.

@bold:

Absolutely on point!

Every leave, you need something/where to go else it feels like a work day.

Home no longer feels like home.

And the amount of time spent on meetings?!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by pocohantas(f): 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
bukatyne:

Point 1 & 3 gives me the vibes that you have not worked fully from home. cheesy

It may just be her own kind of job. smiley
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by bukatyne(f): 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
pocohantas:

It may just be her own kind of job. smiley

True that.

I read her WFH as traditional jobs done from home. I believe it's same with the posters I quoted.

I saw in other posts that she is talking about freelancing/coaching etc.

That is definitely another space.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by pocohantas(f): 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
bukatyne:

True that.

I read her WFH as traditional jobs done from home. I believe it's same with the posters I quoted.

I saw in other posts that she is talking about freelancing/coaching etc.

That is definitely another space.

Yea, the traditional ones are quite tricky as you stick to office hours. Someone like the other poster you quoted that has a problem going out because of impromptu meetings, is he supposed to go out? grin grin If these meetings are done within the stipulated work hours, then you should be available. That is why WFH requires a lot of discipline.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by FuckDModz: 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
Folasadepitan:

Lol

Tommorrow, I'll make a post on how to effectively deal with this.

Stay tuned�

Based on personal experience over a long period or copy and paste?
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by bukatyne(f): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
pocohantas:

Yea, the traditional ones are quite tricky as you stick to office hours. Someone like the other poster you quoted that has a problem going out because of impromptu meetings, is he supposed to go out? grin grin If these meetings are done within the stipulated work hours, then you should be available. That is why WFH requires a lot of discipline.

We don't even stick to work hours.

I have gotten a lot of 'bukatyne please can we quickly look at this email by 10pm'?

And I have done it plenty (make I no lie). Or calling people on Teams by 8pm to clarify 'something'.

These days, I am freer when I go to the office than working from home.

And mentally, home is no longer 'home' for me.

Infact, going to the office is more exciting for me now.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by pocohantas(f): 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2022
bukatyne:

We don't even stick to work hours.

I have gotten a lot of 'bukatyne please can we quickly look at this email by 10pm'?

And I have done it plenty (make I no lie). Or calling people on Teams by 8pm to clarify 'something'.

These days, I am freer when I go to the office than working from home.

And mentally, home is no longer 'home' for me.

Infact, going to the office is more exciting for me now.

I also have those “look at this email by 10pm”, but it didn’t start with my remote work. In fact, I love looking at things by 10pm with my foreign remote work because I get paid for these extra hours. Unlike the Nigerian one that my boss would call me by 9pm, when I no pick, e go dey diss me for meeting and everybody would be laughing because they know he is referring to me.

I think I already got to my limit with the office work. I thought I missed it, but when I go out, the sun is too hot and I can’t wait to go home. To even walk in my heels is now a chore. grin

A hybrid arrangement would be just fine for you. A little of this and that.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by iykepromotions: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
Working from home means making money online from home right? Yes many of f us do it legitimately here in Nigeria. One of them is making money with expired domain names.

Learn for free here; https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online

Forget about scamming anyone online. Get a service or product to sell online and it will be a win win and with a rest of mind too.

1 Like

Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Akuneshiobike(m): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
Folasadepitan:

Fiverr is saturated. Upwork is the main deal.
I have a video that explains how you can navigate your way around not just upwork but social media platforms and get gigs.

Contact me on WhatsApp via +2347015112161 to get it.
Okay bro. I will chat u up. Thanks
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Emeka71(m): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
So correct.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by midehi2(f): 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
Akuneshiobike:

Are you tech Savvy? If yes, do you know how to use some Customer Relationship Management tools such as Zendesk, Slack, Trello, Anydesk, Monday.com etc., to support your online customers (foreigners)? If no, then i can introduce you to an IT Class where you get these knowledge that can equip you to work remotely for foreigners via Upwork platform. ONLY if you are interested. 08189821671.
Ok, will chat you up
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Aparche(f): 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
I love working from home, it suits my personality.

For the past 3 weeks+ I've been on annual leave from my regular govt work. And have concentrated on my remote work and Fiverr freelancing gigs.

This has allowed me to experience what it's like working fully from home, and I'm loving it.

Honestly, I don't feel like resuming back at my govt. job but I'm gonna resume anyway 'cos it's flexible and doesn't affect my online work + it's another source of income.

And most importantly I don't need to start explaining about copywriting or remote work when I'm asked what I do for a living. I just mention my govt. job & go my way.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Folayat(f): 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Working from home has it own dismerit.

You won't be able to meet new people and make friends.

You body can easily start getting weak.

Loneliness and depression can set in. Just to mention few
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Wwwq: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2022
Yeah
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Folasadepitan:

Most times working from home is underrated. Working from home has lots of advantages that it almost feels like a luxury

It can be so wonderful to not have to share workspaces with annoying coworkers and overbearing bosses

Working at home helps save a lot of precious time. That means that you can spend more time doing the things that you actually love in life.

If you want to be able to hang out more with your friends and family members, then working at home can open you up to that pure joy.

It is so nice to not have to deal with long traffic in the morning and again at night(Lagos people can relate wella)

It can be nice to be able to work as you stare at your walls covered in photographs of the people you love the most in the world

Staring at pictures of family members all day definitely beats being in a cold and sterile office environment with harsh lighting

If you work at home, then you’re in charge of your own schedule. You don’t have to worry much about anyone monitoring you.

It can be frustrating to not be able to nap quickly any time your eyelids feel heavy or go for a refreshing walk any time when you feel overwhelmed with work.

It can be frustrating to have to buy food daily from local restaurants and fast food joints or pack food from home.

Paying for food outside can cost a lot. When I was working as a cashier with L.G., I used to spend 2/3 of my salary on T.P & the rest on food. Yes, no savings!

At home, you can wear your softest pair of leggings around. You can even keep your pyjamas on.

It's just bae

As a programmer, i can attest to all this

So far there is electricity.
Everywhere Good
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by Chimatesky64: 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2022
I love going out instead of staying at home,I rather rent an office space that will make me go out than staying at home.
Re: 5 Advantages Of Working From Home by MisterKennedy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2022
Folasadepitan:

It's just bae

Hmmm nice article

Did you write this article yourself or you copied it from somewhere?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Stages Of A Successful Job Hunt / Phillips Consulting Recruiting For A Telecommunications Industry - 16 Positions / My Boss Only Pays Half Salary, What Can I Do ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.