Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause (31904 Views)

Help Me! I Don't Know How To Measure My BP At Home! / Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? / See The ''Strange'' Baby A Young Girl Gave Birth To As Nigerians React. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by jonahhh: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
Too much salt , and sugar

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
Stop thinking all will be well
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by charlsecy(m): 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Newsmic: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by ednut1(m): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Stop playing football you can die from it o. It may be hereditary. You can do light exercises like walking or stretching avoid football abeg

5 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by omowolewa: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Hereditary
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by ozento: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
i
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by lawrenzooo: 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Try and watch your diet, frequent football might not be too good for you(thrice a week would do) then take a lot of fruits.

Na wetin my doctor suggest be that when my BP was high and it helped.

2 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by israelmao(m): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2022
Buhari regime

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by SunTzu123(m): 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
In addition to seeking medical advice, please talk to a dietician. Most people don't know it but one major factor for so called "hereditary" sicknesses are the eating habits we inherited from our families.

3 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by tripoli007(m): 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
Quit smoking and drinking alcohol , take long walks of at least 3-5km every morning . After 1 month check ur bp

2 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Yankee101: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
How tall are you?
What is your weight?

You better cut off alcohol totally and exercise
Reduce you salt intake too

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by baconline(m): 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
Change your feeding, u might have too much cholesterol in your veins, reduce your carbohydrate intake , avoid oils, lots of vegetables,avoid red meat etc

2 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by sauceEEP(m): 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
High BP is hereditary so it's not out of the ordinary for you to be experiencing it at age 31.

Thank God it was diagnosed early so all you have to do is to be managing it with the recommended drugs. You also need to buy the electronic BP monitor so that you'll be monitoring it yourself twice in a week.

3 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by LoveGifted(m): 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
Let me talk to you personally?

I know what causes your HBP.

Right now so many young people are battling HBP but they don't know.

Once I tell you and you stop it, it would be gone.

What causes this things in youths lives among us and now it's rampant. So many youths now are battling with HBP. Some don't even know they have it until they go for testing and the sad part is that it has nothing to do with bad way of life atall.

The day I found out, I was so shocked.

P.S: I would not be giving you this information for FREE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by honey001(m): 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
DICO111:
Greetings to you all.

Since birth till date (I'm 31) I have never fallen sick to a point were a test is recommended, so I have never had a medical test all my life.

Sometimes when I feel feverish or down in anyway I usually buy malaria and typhoid medicines and that usually work for me.

But some time in 2018, (I was 27 then) I was informed by my uncle's wife that she was going to do a free medical outreach in our village as her own way of helping people (she's a nurse in U.S) and she told me she would like me to be present to help organize and sort out things to make the work easy for medical professionals she invited to do their work.

Majority of the people that turned up were oldies so we had loads of work to do bring in chairs for the overwhelming turn up.... people's blood pressure and blood sugar were check and they also had eyes test and corrective lenses were given.

Now, after the whole exhausting exercise, my auntie as a fondly call her asked all of us that worked to also check our BP and blood sugar, which took turns and did as instructed.

My blood sugar was normal according to the nurse but my BP was something else, 105/156... she immediately called my auntie's attention to it and she opted to check me herself using another equipment, she did and it came as 110/160..... she told me it's really very high and considering my age shouldn't be.

Prior to that event I have never felt anything awkward or unusual, I play football and do almost all exercises a young guy will want to do... it's also pertinent to note that I do not smoke and even though i drink beer i dont exceed 2 bottle because i have "light brain" like they will always say.

She ("my auntie"wink asked the senior doctor present to exchange contacts with me so that at intervals of 1 or 2 weeks I will always go check my BP and see if it will reverse to normal.... I went to his private clinic twice and the results was always high so he, on the second occasion gave me a card of 10mg drugs...

I took the whole card as direct and came back to the clinic this time the result was 100/138, he now asked me to always check it at any pharmacy store near me and always have the aforementioned medicines available.
The doc. asked me not to be taking it daily anymore but only when it's high (above 100/140), I have kept to this routine ever since...

Now my problem here is, in recent time I find myself feeling more week and dizzy and I dont even know how to describe the feelings cry cry
I become very worn out after 45 minutes football unlike me, I barely play now.

My auntie travelled back and seems to forgotten everything she promised, I call and no response and I hate pestering people.
I want a solution to this BP thing, I feel bad about it all the time and always ashamed to even mention it sad
I feel I'm gradually going downhill health wise....I need help and I need it urgently please...... I can't take anything more than this cry

You need to also change your diet as it plays an important role in our overall health, eat more fruits like Cucumber, Beetroots and Avocado pear.

Above all, stop worrying about it, the more you think about it, the more it spikes and whenever you want to check, don't allow anxiety to set in as it might increase it at that point. I pray that it will be normal by the grace of God.

Note: I am not a medical practitioner oooh....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by BenjaminDomer: 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2022
DICO111:
Greetings to you all.

Since birth till date (I'm 31) I have never fallen sick to a point were a test is recommended, so I have never had a medical test all my life.

Sometimes when I feel feverish or down in anyway I usually buy malaria and typhoid medicines and that usually work for me.

But some time in 2018, (I was 27 then) I was informed by my uncle's wife that she was going to do a free medical outreach in our village as her own way of helping people (she's a nurse in U.S) and she told me she would like me to be present to help organize and sort out things to make the work easy for medical professionals she invited to do their work.

Majority of the people that turned up were oldies so we had loads of work to do bring in chairs for the overwhelming turn up.... people's blood pressure and blood sugar were check and they also had eyes test and corrective lenses were given.

Now, after the whole exhausting exercise, my auntie as a fondly call her asked all of us that worked to also check our BP and blood sugar, which took turns and did as instructed.

My blood sugar was normal according to the nurse but my BP was something else, 105/156... she immediately called my auntie's attention to it and she opted to check me herself using another equipment, she did and it came as 110/160..... she told me it's really very high and considering my age shouldn't be.

Prior to that event I have never felt anything awkward or unusual, I play football and do almost all exercises a young guy will want to do... it's also pertinent to note that I do not smoke and even though i drink beer i dont exceed 2 bottle because i have "light brain" like they will always say.

She ("my auntie"wink asked the senior doctor present to exchange contacts with me so that at intervals of 1 or 2 weeks I will always go check my BP and see if it will reverse to normal.... I went to his private clinic twice and the results was always high so he, on the second occasion gave me a card of 10mg drugs...

I took the whole card as direct and came back to the clinic this time the result was 100/138, he now asked me to always check it at any pharmacy store near me and always have the aforementioned medicines available.
The doc. asked me not to be taking it daily anymore but only when it's high (above 100/140), I have kept to this routine ever since...

Now my problem here is, in recent time I find myself feeling more week and dizzy and I dont even know how to describe the feelings cry cry

My auntie travelled back and seems to forgotten everything she promised, I call and no response and I hate pestering people.
I want a solution to this BP thing, I feel bad about it all the time and always ashamed to even mention it sad
I feel I'm gradually going downhill health wise....I need help and I need it urgently please...... I can't take anything more than this cry

You have a heart disease..

See a cardiologist
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by joshtooxplicit: 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2022
Do you take energy Drinks alot?

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by sshyne(m): 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2022
DICO111:
Greetings to you all.

Don't disturb your aunty anymore. Go to a good private hospital or government hospital. They will give you drugs to control the bp to a normal stage and they would most likely ask you to take an ECG and kidney function test.

Make sure you exercise regularly and change your diet. HBP is a silent killer so do the needful

7 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Elidrisy20: 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2022
Nairaland211:
Ashiere, Afofungbemu
Ode
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by BenjaminDomer: 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
joshtooxplicit:
Do you take energy Drinks alot?

Yes .... To give me more energy to fvck kpekus mercilessly cry
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Geli2022: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2022
Why don't you change your diet,less meat more vegetables and fruits
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by unnot21(m): 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
If you can make early morning jogging your morning routine everyday, I believe it might help.

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by kkfada(m): 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
Bro relax your life and leave that useless addiction they are luring you live with.....things like these destroys your mind that leads to anxiety and depression. You health and be peaceful
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Confirm4real(m): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2022
The cause is APC under Buhari.

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by SolarEngr(m): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2022
Living in Nigeria is a potential cause.

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Redoil: 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2022
DICO111:
Greetings to you all.

see a certain organ is falling in your system and it is very difficult for doctors in Nigeria to detect it so it is disturbing the normal flow of blood in your system.

the particular organ failling will takes time to either heal it self or ...............

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by studentofTruth: 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2022
Go see a cardiologist. You need a thorough examination and work up. They will have to check your Kidney function.

At least, they must check your electrolytes, urea, and creatinine and do abdominal scan to check your kidneys. Their findings would determine whether to refer or manage themselves.

5 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by kenx1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2022
There are so many factors:

1) Hereditary

2) Lifestyle

3) What you eat

4) Weight

The contributing factors are so many, i used to have a high BP 160/120 until i decided to change my lifestyle i stopped taking alcohol, and carbonated drinks, cut off beef from my diet and exercised more @least walking briskly for 30mins, my Bp is now 124/80

Also, visit a cardiologist they will prescribe the right medication for you, i'm currently on exforge 10-160

3 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by BnQoyyim(m): 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2022
Family history could be the prevalent causes

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by marsup: 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2022
It could be hereditary. Just calm down, and always check your blood pressure twice a week. Ginger and garlic, helps too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fake Female Doctor Arrested In Cross River (photos) / Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded / 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.