Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause (31901 Views)

Help Me! I Don't Know How To Measure My BP At Home! / Help! Dark Layers/spots On My Skin. What's The Cause / Cure ? / See The ''Strange'' Baby A Young Girl Gave Birth To As Nigerians React. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by showbiz4all27(m): 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2022
Kindly completely avoid anything containing caffeine, soft drinks like coke and pepsi are time bombs for your health now, orange drinks and yoghurt should suppress your dizziness and if it persists go for vertigo test. Try natural ways to permanently lower the BP. Let Moringa seeds and leaves be your chewing gum.

I was once in a worst situation like you, so worry less, you'll be fine.

DICO111:
Greetings to you all.

Since birth till date (I'm 31) I have never fallen sick to a point were a test is recommended, so I have never had a medical test all my life.

Sometimes when I feel feverish or down in anyway I usually buy malaria and typhoid medicines and that usually work for me.

But some time in 2018, (I was 27 then) I was informed by my uncle's wife that she was going to do a free medical outreach in our village as her own way of helping people (she's a nurse in U.S) and she told me she would like me to be present to help organize and sort out things to make the work easy for medical professionals she invited to do their work.

Majority of the people that turned up were oldies so we had loads of work to do bring in chairs for the overwhelming turn up.... people's blood pressure and blood sugar were check and they also had eyes test and corrective lenses were given.

Now, after the whole exhausting exercise, my auntie as a fondly call her asked all of us that worked to also check our BP and blood sugar, which took turns and did as instructed.

My blood sugar was normal according to the nurse but my BP was something else, 105/156... she immediately called my auntie's attention to it and she opted to check me herself using another equipment, she did and it came as 110/160..... she told me it's really very high and considering my age shouldn't be.

Prior to that event I have never felt anything awkward or unusual, I play football and do almost all exercises a young guy will want to do... it's also pertinent to note that I do not smoke and even though i drink beer i dont exceed 2 bottle because i have "light brain" like they will always say.

She ("my auntie"wink asked the senior doctor present to exchange contacts with me so that at intervals of 1 or 2 weeks I will always go check my BP and see if it will reverse to normal.... I went to his private clinic twice and the results was always high so he, on the second occasion gave me a card of 10mg drugs...

I took the whole card as direct and came back to the clinic this time the result was 100/138, he now asked me to always check it at any pharmacy store near me and always have the aforementioned medicines available.
The doc. asked me not to be taking it daily anymore but only when it's high (above 100/140), I have kept to this routine ever since...

Now my problem here is, in recent time I find myself feeling more week and dizzy and I dont even know how to describe the feelings cry cry
I become very worn out after 45 minutes football unlike me, I barely play now.

My auntie travelled back and seems to forgotten everything she promised, I call and no response and I hate pestering people.
I want a solution to this BP thing, I feel bad about it all the time and always ashamed to even mention it sad
I feel I'm gradually going downhill health wise....I need help and I need it urgently please...... I can't take anything more than this cry

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Rawtruth1: 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
"worrying" does not cause permanent high blood pressure as narrated by the OP, it's diet related. Red meat, fatty food, sugary stuff, alcohol, etc but some Doctors won't tell you.

They want their business going on.

Maximos7:
Simple. Stop over worrying. Can your anxieties move an object or change the weather ?
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by temmypotter(m): 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2022
kenx1:
There are so many factors:

1) Hereditary

2) Lifestyle

3) What you eat

4) Weight

The contributing factors are so many, i used to have a high BP 160/120 until i decided to change my lifestyle i stopped taking alcohol, and carbonated drinks, cut off beef from my diet and exercised more @least walking briskly for 30mins, my Bp is now 124/80

Also, visit a cardiologist they will prescribe the right medication for you, i'm currently on exforge 10-160

Bro, these are the long term meds right? I'm also suffering from HBP right now but Damn, the thought of using meds for life scares me
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Diego234(m): 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2022
fman:
Over thinking.
E no dey solve problem.
That's why I love my simple lifestyle:
Nothing bothers me.
My girlfriend just told me it's over between us yesterday after 4yrs relationship....
I was like
Ok!! Suit yourself.
And she was like "r u not bothered"?
I simply told her. Nothing bothers me.
Ya matter no fit give me sleepless night!
lol you mean oh
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Rawtruth1: 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
Well, I used herbs to control my own when it was high. I hate drugs. Herbs are the best. Just leaves in the bush

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by fman(m): 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
Diego234:
lol you mean oh
It's better
Than to get heart attack
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by ORIAYO70(m): 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
[quote author=achillesfoot post=116052598]. Very good, I need you to do the following scans: A pelvic abdominal scan, Blood tests and Urine tests, blood cholesterol and lastly an ECG... At the end, Carvedilol 3.125 mg and a blood clotting med should be prescribed once a day. Vitamin C, folic acid and bananas are your best friend, garlic/ginger and lemon works wonders.. Amitriptyline might be prescribed for sleep disorder, if you're a working man please use this only on weekends as it weakens you.. You still need exercise, consider getting a treadmill.. [/te]

I just screen shot the above information
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by wiloy2k8(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2022
DICO111:
Greetings to you all.

Since birth till date (I'm 31) I have never fallen sick to a point were a test is recommended, so I have never had a medical test all my life.

Sometimes when I feel feverish or down in anyway I usually buy malaria and typhoid medicines and that usually work for me.

But some time in 2018, (I was 27 then) I was informed by my uncle's wife that she was going to do a free medical outreach in our village as her own way of helping people (she's a nurse in U.S) and she told me she would like me to be present to help organize and sort out things to make the work easy for medical professionals she invited to do their work.

Majority of the people that turned up were oldies so we had loads of work to do bring in chairs for the overwhelming turn up.... people's blood pressure and blood sugar were check and they also had eyes test and corrective lenses were given.

Now, after the whole exhausting exercise, my auntie as a fondly call her asked all of us that worked to also check our BP and blood sugar, which took turns and did as instructed.

My blood sugar was normal according to the nurse but my BP was something else, 105/156... she immediately called my auntie's attention to it and she opted to check me herself using another equipment, she did and it came as 110/160..... she told me it's really very high and considering my age shouldn't be.

Prior to that event I have never felt anything awkward or unusual, I play football and do almost all exercises a young guy will want to do... it's also pertinent to note that I do not smoke and even though i drink beer i dont exceed 2 bottle because i have "light brain" like they will always say.

She ("my auntie"wink asked the senior doctor present to exchange contacts with me so that at intervals of 1 or 2 weeks I will always go check my BP and see if it will reverse to normal.... I went to his private clinic twice and the results was always high so he, on the second occasion gave me a card of 10mg drugs...

I took the whole card as direct and came back to the clinic this time the result was 100/138, he now asked me to always check it at any pharmacy store near me and always have the aforementioned medicines available.
The doc. asked me not to be taking it daily anymore but only when it's high (above 100/140), I have kept to this routine ever since...

Now my problem here is, in recent time I find myself feeling more week and dizzy and I dont even know how to describe the feelings cry cry

My auntie travelled back and seems to forgotten everything she promised, I call and no response and I hate pestering people.
I want a solution to this BP thing, I feel bad about it all the time and always ashamed to even mention it sad
I feel I'm gradually going downhill health wise....I need help and I need it urgently please...... I can't take anything more than this cry

Nigga no too worry ur self . Go get bp drugs .. asin meet a doctor .. i started taking mine when i was 28 .
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by razible5384(m): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2022
LoveGifted:
Let me talk to you personally?

I know what causes your HBP.

Right now so many young people are battling HBP but they don't know.

Once I tell you and you stop it, it would be gone.

What causes this things in youths lives among us and now it's rampant. So many youths now are battling with HBP. Some don't even know they have it until they go for testing and the sad part is that it has nothing to do with bad way of life atall.

The day I found out, I was so shocked.

P.S: I would not be giving you this information for FREE.
then go sit down
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by achillesfoot(m): 7:13pm On Aug 25, 2022
[quote author=ORIAYO70 post=116057391][/quote]. I'm glad I was of help, I've been out of practice for many years now. I don't mean to scare you but consider teaching someone close to you how to perform CPR, these would help should the inevitable happen.. Don't use the African way of 'God forbid'... Be prepared.. Your diet/lifestyle has to change.. Lastly learn not to worry much about things out of your control.. Money comes and goes, A human life remains one. I've so much to say but let me stop here.. I could also ask for your blood type/genotype, family history too could give me an insight for diagnosis.
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by BubblingB(m): 7:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
prolife22:
HBP is hereditary. But taking all those drugs (Amlodipine, Vasoprin etc ) will make it worse over time. Contentious intake could lead to serious cold, hearing issue, even though it's purpose is to regulate the BP. They are designed to be taken for the rest of one's life, so the earlier you stop it and start depending on natural drugs and have a change of life style the better for you. The following common herbs will will control BP; Ginger, garlic, tumeric, glove and Beet root, when combined together. The good thing with then is that, they have no side effect, and they are natural. I'm talking from experience.

Please how is this prepared and taken
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Flappy222: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2022
If 100 or 110 is considered an high bp, what will someone call 130 then?
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by BubblingB(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2022
Drone95:
From your write up, those values doesn't really confirm you are hypertensive but you may be pre-hypertensive thou the diastolic value is a bit high but the systolic value is normal. 140/90mmHg is classified as the high normal value. Try to reduce salt intake, do moderate exercise and don't practice self medication. My 2 cent

Please what should be the normal rate for someone in his middle 30s?
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Flappy222: 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
What are the herbs please?
Rawtruth1:
Well, I used herbs to control my own when it was high. I hate drugs. Herbs are the best. Just leaves in the bush
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by brandmix: 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2022
Hmm late to this thread

Was diagnosed with High BP on my 24th birthday after I was rushed into the hospital from work

Don’t drink, don’t smoke, and after a million and one tests, last last it was pinned on heredity.

Fast forward 9 years, I have gone through the whole curve of denial, frustration, and now acceptance.

I understand my stress triggers and avoid them. Protect my emotional health like my life depends on it

4 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by LOVEGINO(m): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
fman:
Over thinking.
E no dey solve problem.
That's why I love my simple lifestyle:
Nothing bothers me.
My girlfriend just told me it's over between us yesterday after 4yrs relationship....
I was like
Ok!! Suit yourself.
And she was like "r u not bothered"?
I simply told her. Nothing bothers me.
Ya matter no fit give me sleepless night!
that's exactly what my babe told me yesterday after 2years relationship. I called her today and had a good fvck. All she could say is "baby please don't leave me"
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by nedekid: 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Klington:
Living in Nigeria alone is enough problem to give one heart attack not to talk of HP shocked shocked

Take time to rest, wahalaa no dey finish.
Oga, you hit the nail on the head.
We live like animals in Nigeria. A friend says Abuja is the only sane place to stay in the country. Open internet, na bad news daily. Drive on the road wahala. Even when I drive and in traffic inside Ac I am stressed up! I then wonder how folks in the heat, inside those smoky buses, dust and all have to suffer so much. Meeen. Why wount people have high BP? I can bet 8 out of 10 have high BP!
Do you know I have being taking BP medication since I was 25 years old?
My driver early this year had a stroke at 36! He never knew of BP, instead they took him to babalawo and church. Not until I spoke with him over the phone, did I notice slurred speech and sent him to hospital. His BP was 189/158! Ie dead man walking! Thank God he OK now. He is on medication.
Anyway, I take 4 tablets daily now.
As per stress of naija, I don japa go cool my head till next month weh we go start naija stress again.
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by ORIAYO70(m): 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
achillesfoot:
. I'm glad I was of help, I've been out of practice for many years now. I don't mean to scare you but consider teaching someone close to you how to perform CPR, these would help should the inevitable happen.. Don't use the African way of 'God forbid'... Be prepared.. Your diet/lifestyle has to change.. Lastly learn not to worry much about things out of your control.. Money comes and goes, A human life remains one. I've so much to say but let me stop here.. I could also ask for your blood type/genotype, family history too could give me an insight for diagnosis.

Thanks so much will communicate u better tomorrow, thanks so much
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by kenx1(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
temmypotter:

Bro, these are the long term meds right? I'm also suffering from HBP right now but Damn, the thought of using meds for life scares me

Yeah life-long......treating BP is expensive

Meeting up with appointments with a cardio cost like #10k per session

Medication is expensive

Fruits are expensive hahahahaha

except for Vegies

That's Y u have to change ur lifestyle and exercise

Regarding exercise you don't need a piece of fancy GYM equipment, briskly walking will do the job @no cost
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Flappy222: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2022
4 or 5 days ago, I was having this severe headache at my right headed side, I took some paracetamol and normal if I have any headache, once t take the paracetamol it ought to stop, but this particular day it didn’t, when I couldn’t take the pain anymore I went to one pharmacy close to me.
On getting there, I asked if there’s anything stronger I can use for this headache, the lady was still asking my how I was feeling n all, but before she could conclude on anything I just told her I want to check my bp first.
So I did n she was in awe afterwards, just staring at me n asking personal questions, I just told her she should just spill it out n let me know. She said 130/ can’t rem the other one.
So she just gave me a drug to use for the headache first n rest well cos like 2 months now I sleep late like 4 or 5 am.
Went back home n I had to sleep early that day, guessed I slept around past 9 or so, felt great in the morning.
I just thought prolly it’s because I want to have malaria that’s why the bp is at 130 or so cos I was feeling some type of way within me but I was sure it was malaria that prompted it or me sleeping schedule or anxiety but actually have had bp episode 2-4yrs ago which I medically sorted it.
So on a long run, yesterday I had the same headache at the same place, I took paracetamol n rest my head, it reduced awhile n I slept off.
Right now I’m also experiencing the headache, same time it has always been, there was no paracetamol at home, only found 1 tab and used it, I’m just laying down now but the headache still persist, please anyone to give me more insights bout the headaches?
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Luckybelt: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2022
Don’t overthink too much so you won’t worsen it. Does any of ur parent have it ? Sometimes it’s like that. Do your regular exercise, limit your junk food , you ll be fine.
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by kenx1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
prolife22:
HBP is hereditary. But taking all those drugs (Amlodipine, Vasoprin etc ) will make it worse over time. Contentious intake could lead to serious cold, hearing issue, even though it's purpose is to regulate the BP. They are designed to be taken for the rest of one's life, so the earlier you stop it and start depending on natural drugs and have a change of life style the better for you. The following common herbs will will control BP; Ginger, garlic, tumeric, glove and Beet root, when combined together. The good thing with then is that, they have no side effect, and they are natural. I'm talking from experience.

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Openatyn(m): 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2022
It’s not a problem bro, it’s hereditary bro, nowadays lots of youths have HBP, once there is a family history of bp, most heirs would have it too only that no one can ascertain the age it would pop out. Mine came early when I was 27, I have been managing it. Just get a bp machine to check regularly, healthy food-non caffeine drinks/non refined oil and think less
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by flourishing247: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
DICO111:
Greetings to you all.

Check your cholesterol and change u u r diet.
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Jeilani244(m): 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Take a cup of warm water every morning for complete 30 days. You will see changes after 30 days
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by JimmySwaggart(m): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2022
Limassol:
This is misguided advice!(even if well-meaning). Sugary drinks may make things worse. Infact, people who comsume soft drinks daily are at an inreased risk of high blood pressure, research shows.

Next time back your claims with evidence.
So imagine I take multina regularly, means am endangering my live as a hypertensive patient when compared to someone who drinks two bottles of beer at a go. Here this...

ANSWER: It's unlikely that the diet soda you drink is causing your high blood pressure. A number of studies have examined this topic, and there is no evidence to suggest a link between regularly drinking diet soda and an increase in blood pressure.Jun 18, 2016
https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org › ...
Mayo Clinic Q and A: Diet Soda and High Blood Pressure
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Solowsky(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Flappy222:
4 or 5 days ago, I was having this severe headache at my right headed side, I took some paracetamol and normal if I have any headache, once t take the paracetamol it ought to stop, but this particular day it didn’t, when I couldn’t take the pain anymore I went to one pharmacy close to me.
On getting there, I asked if there’s anything stronger I can use for this headache, the lady was still asking my how I was feeling n all, but before she could conclude on anything I just told her I want to check my bp first.
So I did n she was in awe afterwards, just staring at me n asking personal questions, I just told her she should just spill it out n let me know. She said 130/ can’t rem the other one.
So she just gave me a drug to use for the headache first n rest well cos like 2 months now I sleep late like 4 or 5 am.
Went back home n I had to sleep early that day, guessed I slept around past 9 or so, felt great in the morning.
I just thought prolly it’s because I want to have malaria that’s why the bp is at 130 or so cos I was feeling some type of way within me but I was sure it was malaria that prompted it or me sleeping schedule or anxiety but actually have had bp episode 2-4yrs ago which I medically sorted it.
So on a long run, yesterday I had the same headache at the same place, I took paracetamol n rest my head, it reduced awhile n I slept off.
Right now I’m also experiencing the headache, same time it has always been, there was no paracetamol at home, only found 1 tab and used it, I’m just laying down now but the headache still persist, please anyone to give me more insights bout the headaches?
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Shampoo77: 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2022
Pls don't just stop you hypertension medication without consulting your doctor/physician.
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Phils: 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2022
Hyperthyroidism

This is not a diagnosis but just a suggestion that dropped in mind, even though the medical history you gave is scanty. Read about Hyperthyroidism and rule it out.

Wish you well. Thank you.

DICO111:
Greetings to you all.

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by slydog(m): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2022
Drone95:
From your write up, those values doesn't really confirm you are hypertensive but you may be pre-hypertensive thou the diastolic value is a bit high but the systolic value is normal. 140/90mmHg is classified as the high normal value. Try to reduce salt intake, do moderate exercise and don't practice self medication. My 2 cent

Nigeria will not kill person. I had this exact and was placed on bp drugs in ph. No one told me about rest.
Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Drone95(m): 11:31pm On Aug 25, 2022
BubblingB:

Please what should be the normal rate for someone in his middle 30s?
120/80 125/90 130/80 are within normal range for 30s, 40s ,and 50s.
Blood pressure measured after stressful day or after sleepless night is expected to be high, so blood pressure is best measured early in the morning after a sound night sleep

2 Likes

Re: High BP At A Young Age, What Could Be The Cause by Drone95(m): 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2022
Rawtruth1:
"worrying" does not cause permanent high blood pressure as narrated by the OP, it's diet related. Red meat, fatty food, sugary stuff, alcohol, etc but some Doctors won't tell you.

They want their business going on.

a worried person could have difficulty sleeping, and lack of sleep/ insomnia can result in elevated blood pressure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded / Fake Female Doctor Arrested In Cross River (photos) / 5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.