Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. (19527 Views)

I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! / I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. / How To Solve Nigerian Navy 2020 DSSC 28 Incomplete Form Submission Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2022
xtivin:

No be fight now, I was once in your shoes bro, same IT field, but not in degree level (Economics),went to NIIT, did lots of programming courses etc but had to go for MBA later before I can attain mgt position. You may have done all those courses without their knowledge. Companies like when people go to school and add value. Also some positions are reserved for people married because they feel marriage brings responsibility and maturity and so on. So bro nothing personal just observation. Be ready to face stiff opposition when you resign because you will be scrutinized to find loophole for even possible arrest. Pick your fight o, no be only you Sabi talk. Most times mgt laugh last. Be wise bro if you must fight make sure you are clean

Don't listen to this advisory, OP u have made ur point, and I'm sure ur point has put food on ur table undecided, now I think is time u leave the company,

1 Like

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Bluffly: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2022
xtivin:

No be fight now, I was once in your shoes bro, same IT field, but not in degree level (Economics),went to NIIT, did lots of programming courses etc but had to go for MBA later before I can attain mgt position. You may have done all those courses without their knowledge. Companies like when people go to school and add value. Also some positions are reserved for people married because they feel marriage brings responsibility and maturity and so on. So bro nothing personal just observation. Be ready to face stiff opposition when you resign because you will be scrutinized to find loophole for even possible arrest. Pick your fight o, no be only you Sabi talk. Most times mgt laugh last. Be wise bro if you must fight make sure you are clean
You do not have point. Did the fortune of the company dwindled? Salaries and allowances are been short paid and you are talking of Cv buffer. Was that in their letter of engagement as a condition
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by blaise26abj(m): 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2022
Your boldness came from the comfort of having something by the side . Not making excuses for others but management or running a company is one of the most tedious things you can ever do. Atimes you don’t even know where you will get the salaries at the end of the month but you still pull through .

There are also a lot of terrible managers/directors especially in nigeria . They will be making money, owing staff ,flying abroad with their families and buying new cars . Atimes , as I have come to realize , those things na on top borrowed money .

My advice to you is to stay in the office until your business consistently makes money ( keyword - Consistently ) . That job’s salary is a buffer for you to do all the errors in your business till you perfect them .
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by tradepunter: 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2022
how would you work in a place where you did not build something for yourself?

it beats my imagination
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Freelane33(m): 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2022
Self employment is underrated cool
I’ll always be my own boss
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Ybaby: 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
Halo22:
I have been working in this company for about 8 years now and to be frank, I don't see any much improvement both financially and otherwise.

In addition to that, I noticed some degree of negligence and disregard for old staff, it seems the more years you spend in the company, the less value you accrue. However, I attribute that to the administrative incompetence of the Director who took over from the mum before she( the mum) finally joined her ancestors.

Recall that in April this year, she fired the General manager without any explanation to the rest of the staff, no staff meeting nor briefing. Shortly after that, she reshuffled the managerial team and employed 3 unknown persons who were never part of the company to take over the Management of the company, while she still remains the Director.

All these she did without any form of recourse to her old staff. I never bothered as an old staff until recently, when we started noticing some more incompetency in administration and management of the company. It rose to the extent that workers receive half salary sometimes without any briefing, allowances are not being paid and when they pay, they short pay us.

I couldn't hold it any longer as a man of justice and as such, I wrote to the Director after having meeting with the new GM. In my letter I expressed on behalf of other workers, the feelings of maltreatment and administrative Injustice, as most of them are afraid of opening up, to avoid being sacked.

Then after, the Director herself called for a general meeting and instead of to apologise for all these financial and managerial malfeaseances, she chose to tackle the old workers particularly myself, thinking that we were working against her. I still stood my ground on the path of Justice, finally she tried to pacify the workers by promising a salary increase, based on the number of years spent in the company. But then, I have been on her watchlist all through.

Any little mistake I make, she would capitalize on that to weigh me down. I now seek ur opinions, whether to continue in the company or resign. Good a thing, I have a business that even pay me better than the job.

Your opinions please.

You have outgrown the job sir. Like her mother left her this business - go and work on what you will leave for your children too.

Job is not for pay contrary to popular employee belief .... job is to learn and gain experience so you can then build yours too.

8 years is a long time and the resentment you are feeling should be directed at your self and the old staff.... new people are, have and will come in and do the job better than you because technology.... but the new people donot have wisdom to manage people well and so if you are not in management you will be done away with gradually but surely.

Every oloshoo knows that she must invest in real estate or go husband house (permanent site) because every year new set are turning 18 years old similar to a job every employee must know that new set are coming ..... don't be shouting emilokan all over the place when you should be obidient and yusful.... my bro I may seem harsh but pray hard and go build your own business and hand it over to your kids.... e ti pe to ni tarmac.

Omi ti tun ti ro .... igba o lo bi o re re...... use your people management skills and experience and start thinking about your kids and thier kids. One day we all shall go.

BTW: she does not have to consult or inform old staff before she takes a bold decision as you will want your own kid to do same when you leave her your business.

Ire!

4 Likes

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by teemy(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
Halo22:
Thanks for the advice

It is easier to make peace than to keep a watch for conflict. Simply approach your Director and explain that your actions were to ensure she has staff that are loyal to their work by giving them a good take-home was your aim as any other way would leave them grumbling and not focus on their work and some might leave. Retraining new staff might not be economical on the long run.

If she settles with you and states that if next time you have an issue with her, you should approach her directly in private instead of arguing with her in public, then all is well.

If she does not say the bolded, just know she is going to be vindictive ongoing.

P.S don't be so load at work about your second biz so you don't get labelled as taking the company's funds to run yours. Also, Oga is Oga. That she is the former Director's daughter does not mean you should look down on her.

Wishing you well - Teemy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by DenreleDave(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
dont leave if u no get another job oo
Halo22:
I have been working in this company for about 8 years now and to be frank, I don't see any much improvement both financially and otherwise.

In addition to that, I noticed some degree of negligence and disregard for old staff, it seems the more years you spend in the company, the less value you accrue. However, I attribute that to the administrative incompetence of the Director who took over from the mum before she( the mum) finally joined her ancestors.

Recall that in April this year, she fired the General manager without any explanation to the rest of the staff, no staff meeting nor briefing. Shortly after that, she reshuffled the managerial team and employed 3 unknown persons who were never part of the company to take over the Management of the company, while she still remains the Director.

All these she did without any form of recourse to her old staff. I never bothered as an old staff until recently, when we started noticing some more incompetency in administration and management of the company. It rose to the extent that workers receive half salary sometimes without any briefing, allowances are not being paid and when they pay, they short pay us.

I couldn't hold it any longer as a man of justice and as such, I wrote to the Director after having meeting with the new GM. In my letter I expressed on behalf of other workers, the feelings of maltreatment and administrative Injustice, as most of them are afraid of opening up, to avoid being sacked.

Then after, the Director herself called for a general meeting and instead of to apologise for all these financial and managerial malfeaseances, she chose to tackle the old workers particularly myself, thinking that we were working against her. I still stood my ground on the path of Justice, finally she tried to pacify the workers by promising a salary increase, based on the number of years spent in the company. But then, I have been on her watchlist all through.

Any little mistake I make, she would capitalize on that to weigh me down. I now seek ur opinions, whether to continue in the company or resign. Good a thing, I have a business that even pay me better than the job.

Your opinions please.
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by meveboq(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
xtivin:

Very interesting. Nice piece
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Halo22: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
Emuforlife1:
Op, you are a man of honour. A man of Valor.
Since you have a business paying you more than the Company, dump their sorry ass and focus on your business.
Who knows if this so called Company is hindering the performance of your own Company /Business.
Wish you the Best. See devil junior brother heregrin
Thanks for the commendation.... I will think towards that.

1 Like

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by InvertedHammer: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2022
Halo22:

Your opinions please.
/

Next time address your personal grievances privately and leave the rest out of it. Will you negotiate salary increase for other employees too? Don't act like a self-appointed Workers' Union leader. That's why the Director has marked you. When push comes to shove, the other employees will abandon you to your fate.

/

1 Like

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by abobote: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
abbey621:
You should have been fired immediately! Don't know how it works at Nigerian companies but there should be a chain of command? There's no HR personnel? Even at that, the next command should be your direct supervisor which shouldn't be the director.

Moving on, unless you are confident of finding a better job, it is wiser to not reveal all your cards. Now that you've shown the highest authority your intentions, what would stop them from hiring your replacement, have you trianed that person and then get rid of you? I suggest you refine your CV and start looking for better employment, do this ASAP because like you said you're on her list already, she can do and undo!
It doesn't always work like that, sometimes you damn the consequences to fight for yourself, and others, if you don't come out unhurt, life goes on. Posterity will remember you
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Halo22: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2022
Ybaby:

You have outgrown the job sir. Like her mother left her this business - go and work on what you will leave for your children too.

Job is not for pay contrary to popular employee belief .... job is to learn and gain experience so you can then build yours too.

8 years is a long time and the resentment you are feeling should be directed at your self and the old staff.... new people are, have and will come in and do the job better than you because technology.... but the new people donot have wisdom to manage people well and so if you are not in management you will be done away with gradually but surely.

Every oloshoo knows that she must invest in real estate or go husband house (permanent site) because every year new set are turning 18 years old similar to a job every employee must know that new set are coming ..... don't be shouting emilokan all over the place when you should be obidient and yusful.... my bro I may seem harsh but pray hard and go build your own business and hand it over to your kids.... e ti pe to ni tarmac.

Omi ti tun ti ro .... igba o lo bi o re re...... use your people management skills and experience and start thinking about your kids and thier kids. One day we all shall go.

BTW: she does not have to consult or inform old staff before she takes a bold decision as you will want your own kid to do same when you leave her your business.

Ire!
I don't know why u chose to correlate my post with oloshoism, but however my job is all about continual update where we keep improving to add more values to life. Thanks for ur post anyway.
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Martinez39s(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
The same woman will complain of Buhari and tyranny/corruption in the system. grin

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Halo22: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
tradepunter:
how would you work in a place where you did not build something for yourself?

it beats my imagination
So what makes you think that?
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by blaise26abj(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2022
Freelane33:
Self employment is underrated cool
I’ll always be my own boss
I quite disagree with the underrated statement . There are a lot of qualities you have to have or build to be successful as an entrepreneur.There are jobs that pay over 2 million naira a month . Most people are inclined to work in structured organizations . They can’t function well as entrepreneur and a lot of people are like that .

I think , in present times , entrepreneurship is over rated . Most People go into it because of no job . Where one succeeds , many fail woefully .

2 Likes

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by baconline(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2022
Walk away, sack your director!!!!!!
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Halo22: 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
blaise26abj:
Your boldness came from the comfort of having something by the side . Not making excuses for others but management or running a company is one of the most tedious things you can ever do. Atimes you don’t even know where you will get the salaries at the end of the month but you still pull through .

There are also a lot of terrible managers/directors especially in nigeria . They will be making money, owing staff ,flying abroad with their families and buying new cars . Atimes , as I have come to realize , those things na on top borrowed money .

My advice to you is to stay in the office until your business consistently makes money ( keyword - Consistently ) . That job’s salary is a buffer for you to do all the errors in your business till you perfect them .
Thanks my dear, but I am allergic to Injustice.
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by abobote: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
xtivin:

The only reasonable thing you said, if you must fight make sure you are clean.

Sometimes, someone has to take bullet for others, someone has to present himself as the sacrificial lamb.

Thank God he has side business, maybe if he dedicate more time and energy on the business, he will do much better
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Cregon: 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
DenreleDave:
My own oga fires competent people and hires incompetent people at will................ Infact this place i am is not where i can grow. it is not a place i want to work. My boss calls me and staffs different names "mad man, stupid" but mans gat to just accept all sha. Even when i no wrong, i gat to accept bcox if u drag too much, he will surcharge you

I am sure the only reason why i have not been fired is because i avail myself for multitask job. I do more than i am being paid for.. I cant quit because i dont want to be jobless........

I just have to keep managing

Guys, I need an admin/ mgt job. I have a 2nd class uppper in banking and finance. Age restriction wudnt let me apply for most graduate trainee job as i am in my late 20s

I can handle any adminstrative job, IT maintenance support and any role relating to finance.

Location is lagos

If you have a system and reliable electricity, and fluent in English, there's something you can be doing for me almost every day. I'll pay you every two weeks.

The least you can get weekly is 5k.

Quote me if interested.

I WILL TEST YOU BEFORE I HIRE YOU.
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by RZArecta(m): 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
Halo22:

Your opinions please.
better start looking for a new job, you should have moved years ago at least when you started noticing the madness
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by blaise26abj(m): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2022
Halo22:
Thanks my dear, but I am allergic to Injustice.

There is no Organization you will not find injustice . Mitigating it with tact and wisdom is important . You will need the experience when you are fully running your business . A staff of yours will be allergic to injustice too and your experience will count .
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by pocohantas(f): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
PastorFire:
I can't work under anybody except government. If a job isn't making your life better financially,why stay there?
I worked with a company that told us we shall make it there. But i looked at the manager who has been with the company since inception drinking kunu and jumping on keke to go home from work like us. Immediately, i counted my teeth with my tongue and left immediately. Now, I'm doing FAR FAR better than those still slaving there.

If a company brings their motivational talks of where you wish to see the company in 20yrs, also ask them where they wish to see you with the company in 20yrs. I once asked that question in a staff meeting and they all kept quiet.

Kunu is nutritious na.

Mindlog:

Why are you still working there?

Nigerians love going out in the morning. lipsrsealed
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
James 5) 4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers(F) who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries(G) of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.(H) 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves(I) in the day of slaughter.[a](J) 6 You have condemned and murdered(K) the innocent one,(L) who was not opposing you.
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by detectivejones: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
If you have a good business that pays better than your job why not concerntrate on it and grow it. Nigerians sha
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by GloriousGbola: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
PastorFire:
I can't work under anybody except government. If a job isn't making your life better financially,why stay there?
I worked with a company that told us we shall make it there. But i looked at the manager who has been with the company since inception drinking kunu and jumping on keke to go home from work like us. Immediately, i counted my teeth with my tongue and left immediately. Now, I'm doing FAR FAR better than those still slaving there.

If a company brings their motivational talks of where you wish to see the company in 20yrs, also ask them where they wish to see you with the company in 20yrs. I once asked that question in a staff meeting and they all kept quiet.

This reminds me of my nysc at aluminium rolling Mills Ota.this is how one of the managers had a fight with the Indian oga. Next thing he is saying among us he is ready to resign, wetin, he would be fine, he had 100k saved up. I no say anything as I had already made up my mind I was marking time to nysc end.

Like wtf man?
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Mindlog: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2022
pocohantas:

Kunu is nutritious na.

Nigerians love going out in the morning. lipsrsealed

That is an archaic way of measuring who is not lazy! wink
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Proudlyomonna: 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
You try sha
But it was one hell of a risky move,some kolo director will increase the salary and then sack you grin grin
Na that time the matter go come do you like sabinus photo grin grin
Abeg who get that picture grin

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by marv1: 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
Get out of that place now as I write. She will make the place hell for you

You can do better on your own with so much satisfaction and peace of mind.

Some Nigerian one man biz are not worth the stress.

If you don't fire her . She will fire you one day.
Shallom

Halo22:

Your opinions please.
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by gulfer: 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
The day you started the path of advocacy and justice, you drew the battle line. Do you think she will allow you to infest others with the demand for right treatments etc.; I will advise you to start scouting for another job undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by philipobiz: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
xtivin:

Let me ask one question, just 1!!! During your 8 years did you add value to yourself or improve your CV? If no, you are the problem not your director
Your question speaks volume. It's not just all about upgrading your CV or yourself. How well do you know the job. A friend of mine went for an interview conducted by some white men, with all his certificates. Himself and others who were there were asked who can handle this camera. He raised up his hand. He was instructed to take some snapshots of the interview panel.
After studying the pictures he took, they started discussing how much he will like to earn. They didn't even look at his certificates. That was how he got the job.
While others were dismissed.

Most Nigerian companies lay too much emphasy on your certificates and rich CV, In the developed world is what you can do to add value to the company. That is why they are far ahead of us

1 Like

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Phraences: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
Halo22:

Your opinions please.

You should have tread softly until you got another job. Before embarking on a battle, you study your opponent. Tackling a vindictive woman direct was not really wise. If you have side business that can sustain you, you can resign immediately. If not, get a job and leave. The way you wrote to Mgt sef when everyone else was afraid of getting sacked, be like say you get some small connection sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N Power Text Message / Job Scammers Impersonating FLP Disgraced In Public!!! / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.