Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,581 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. (19537 Views)

I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! / I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. / How To Solve Nigerian Navy 2020 DSSC 28 Incomplete Form Submission Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by akpunda86: 8:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
Halo22:
I have been working in this company for about 8 years now and to be frank, I don't see any much improvement both financially and otherwise.

In addition to that, I noticed some degree of negligence and disregard for old staff, it seems the more years you spend in the company, the less value you accrue. However, I attribute that to the administrative incompetence of the Director who took over from the mum before she( the mum) finally joined her ancestors.

Recall that in April this year, she fired the General manager without any explanation to the rest of the staff, no staff meeting nor briefing. Shortly after that, she reshuffled the managerial team and employed 3 unknown persons who were never part of the company to take over the Management of the company, while she still remains the Director.

All these she did without any form of recourse to her old staff. I never bothered as an old staff until recently, when we started noticing some more incompetency in administration and management of the company. It rose to the extent that workers receive half salary sometimes without any briefing, allowances are not being paid and when they pay, they short pay us.

I couldn't hold it any longer as a man of justice and as such, I wrote to the Director after having meeting with the new GM. In my letter I expressed on behalf of other workers, the feelings of maltreatment and administrative Injustice, as most of them are afraid of opening up, to avoid being sacked.

Then after, the Director herself called for a general meeting and instead of to apologise for all these financial and managerial malfeaseances, she chose to tackle the old workers particularly myself, thinking that we were working against her. I still stood my ground on the path of Justice, finally she tried to pacify the workers by promising a salary increase, based on the number of years spent in the company. But then, I have been on her watchlist all through.

Any little mistake I make, she would capitalize on that to weigh me down. I now seek ur opinions, whether to continue in the company or resign. Good a thing, I have a business that even pay me better than the job.

Your opinions please.

I worked then in glass Force Aba then was 27 years then my boss was 19 yrs a young Lebanese,I called him sir a boss is a boss no matter age.My older colleagues despise d guy but wat will I do.
Wow during promotion I rose at an alarming rate cos of my closeness to d guy.

I left wen I got anoda job.
In company work know wen to leave or u be useless 4 life,can u imagine 27 years now I got some colleagues still dr,wat is Ur gratuity,5 million u can get in just a hussle.
Bro company work no de develop
Beware

2 Likes

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by pipnator00(m): 8:54pm On Aug 26, 2022
As Nigerians, we have become so docile.
Notice how everyone is talking hard on the Op for fighting for what's right.
Nigeria and everything around us wouldn't change until we start fighting for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by OLOKOESHIN: 3:49am On Aug 27, 2022
Mindlog:

Why are you still working there?
I'm not sure of that his last statement. If not he must have resigned so long to concentrate on his sure business
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Cregon: 8:35am On Aug 27, 2022
Robnectar:

Would be glad if you can put me through also
Are you writer? Are you good in Use of English? Mention 5 must have software for a writer.
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Cregon: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2022
Robnectar:

Would be glad if you can put me through also
Each job will typically take 2 hours. Constant light is a must o.
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by japhethGold: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2022
Eight years in one small family business is too much. Look for another job and leave. In fact you have over stay your welcome.
Wishing you God's favour as you look for new job.

Halo22:
I have been working in this company for about 8 years now and to be frank, I don't see any much improvement both financially and otherwise.

In addition to that, I noticed some degree of negligence and disregard for old staff, it seems the more years you spend in the company, the less value you accrue. However, I attribute that to the administrative incompetence of the Director who took over from the mum before she( the mum) finally joined her ancestors.

Recall that in April this year, she fired the General manager without any explanation to the rest of the staff, no staff meeting nor briefing. Shortly after that, she reshuffled the managerial team and employed 3 unknown persons who were never part of the company to take over the Management of the company, while she still remains the Director.

All these she did without any form of recourse to her old staff. I never bothered as an old staff until recently, when we started noticing some more incompetency in administration and management of the company. It rose to the extent that workers receive half salary sometimes without any briefing, allowances are not being paid and when they pay, they short pay us.

I couldn't hold it any longer as a man of justice and as such, I wrote to the Director after having meeting with the new GM. In my letter I expressed on behalf of other workers, the feelings of maltreatment and administrative Injustice, as most of them are afraid of opening up, to avoid being sacked.

Then after, the Director herself called for a general meeting and instead of to apologise for all these financial and managerial malfeaseances, she chose to tackle the old workers particularly myself, thinking that we were working against her. I still stood my ground on the path of Justice, finally she tried to pacify the workers by promising a salary increase, based on the number of years spent in the company. But then, I have been on her watchlist all through.

Any little mistake I make, she would capitalize on that to weigh me down. I now seek ur opinions, whether to continue in the company or resign. Good a thing, I have a business that even pay me better than the job.

Your opinions please.
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Hamachi(f): 9:10am On Aug 27, 2022
I live men like you
Emilokan1:
You're a man with balls of steel. You're myself impersonate. So far I've not been sacked for speaking my humble mind at any level meetings despite threats and all. You see those idiots that are afraid to speak up will eventually be snitching on you because they're satisfied with their condition,and ready to lick ass and boots to stay employed. Don't limit your views for anyone, including a bitching boss. grin
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Cregon: 9:16am On Aug 27, 2022
phemmyfour:
Just resign...you are dealing with an unreasonable Director.

Last last, she will fire you, why not resign and leave with your ego intact before you got sacked.

A system that does not respect you cannot promote you

So because one does not respect you, you'll be willing to embrace hunger?

Well as for me, HATE ME, INSULT ME, SHAME ME, DISRESPECT ME... etc if you'll still pay me, I'll continue to work.

I will definitely be hurt but then, respect can't buy clothes.

I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF MONEY AND GAINS OF MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS.

1 Like

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Hamachi(f): 9:21am On Aug 27, 2022
Just a reminder: Companies would rather pay 100k to a recruiter to replace you than give you a 25K raise

�Do your job to your level best.
�Never feel entitled to your place of work
� Despite being busy at work spare sometimes for your family.
� It's not a bad thing to have a plan B

1 Like

Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Robnectar(m): 9:35am On Aug 27, 2022
Cregon:

Are you writer?
Are you good in Use of English?
Mention 5 must have software for a writer.
not a writer but I can try
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by phemmyfour: 10:58am On Aug 27, 2022
Cregon:

So because one does not respect you, you'll be willing to embrace hunger?

Well as for me, HATE ME, INSULT ME, SHAME ME, DISRESPECT ME... etc if you'll still pay me, I'll continue to work.

I will definitely be hurt but then, respect can't buy clothes.

I BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF MONEY AND GAINS OF MULTIPLE INCOME STREAMS.
Slavery mentality, except you are worthless, you LL allow anyone to disrespect you and your work. If you know your worth, you will always get a better offer. My mental state of health is more important than putting food on the table
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Cregon: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2022
phemmyfour:
Slavery mentality, except you are worthless, you LL allow anyone to disrespect you and your work. If you know your worth, you will always get a better offer. My mental state of health is more important than putting food on the table

I live by God's grace. All I think I am today is totally because of the mercies of God. I have experienced hunger, poverty, penury infact I have even begged on this forum.

Life is a process. During these times I had to endure a lot of insults and shame just to reach destiny.
Every insult i got motivated me to be serious with life and God. Today am not where I want but am no more where I used to be.

NOBODY OWES ME ANYTHING

No matter how much you insult GLO will they deactivate ur line? NO.

WHY?

BECAUSE YOU GIVE THEM MONEY!

Allowing the bad attitude of people influence your life is the real slavery mentality; because they can command you.

I cannot give that power to anyone.
INSULT ME IF YOU LIKE, IF YOU KEEP PAYING ME, I WILL REMAIN YOUR GUY!

Na who never see hunger dey find respect!
Who respect epp?
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by phemmyfour: 11:16am On Aug 27, 2022
Cregon:

I live by God's grace. All I think I am today is totally because of the mercies of God. I have experienced hunger, poverty, penury infact I have even begged on this forum.

Life is a process. During these times I had to endure a lot of insults and shame just to reach destiny.
Every insult i got motivated me to be serious with life and God. Today am not where I want but am no more where I used to be.

NOBODY OWES ME ANYTHING

No matter how much you insult GLO will they deactivate ur line? NO.

WHY?

BECAUSE YOU GIVE THEM MONEY!

Allowing the bad attitude of people influence your life is the real slavery mentality; because they can command you.

I cannot give that power to anyone.
INSULT ME IF YOU LIKE, IF YOU KEEP PAYING ME, I WILL REMAIN YOUR GUY!

Na who never see hunger dey find respect!
Who respect epp?

You are scared, you depend so much on man not God. Infact you are afraid of your tomorrow that's why you can condone all manners of humiliation from your direct boss.

In my place, there is a popular adage that says

" You won't call cow "brother" just because you want to eat meat"
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Cregon: 11:18am On Aug 27, 2022
phemmyfour:
You are scared, you depend so much on man not God. Infact you are afraid of your tomorrow that's why you can condone all manners of humiliation from your direct boss.

In my place, there is a popular adage that says

" You won't call cow "brother" just because you want to eat meat"

Okay.

#moregrace
Re: I Damned My Director Over Incomplete Payment Of Allowance. by Kronikuz: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
You have a business that pays you better than the job then what are you still doing there? Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Urgent Recruitment / How Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Job Search / Comprehensive List Of Candidates Coming For Graduate Fair.(LAGOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.