Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus (34735 Views)

Flooding: Australian Government Warns Nationals Against Travelling To Nigeria / Be Wary Of Northern Cyprus: FG Issues Travel Advisory For Nigerians / UAE: FG Advises Intending Travellers To Be Guided By New Visa Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by jayyeff: 8:27am On Aug 26, 2022
chaddy16:

Whatever, what am I doing there? Their nationals are racist. Which kind hustle I wan hustle for there?

Turkish people are racists? You’ve not stayed with Turkish people my guy. If you’d Call them racist, what do you call the people in USA or other glorified countries. Racism is in Cyprus as much as it is in every other country, no doubt, but it is at its minimum. But don’t talk down on the citizens of north Cypriots. They are one of the Most pleasant people to be around with. Steady I dey hang out with my landlord and his family.

1 Like

Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by jayyeff: 8:32am On Aug 26, 2022
Okudiover:
It is good that she advised thus but she is being selective by not including countries like Libya.

She is very selective! How would she pick Libya over north Cyprus? Lol. Nigerians were shot recently in the glorified Canada about a month ago, yet she’s not against people going there
Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 26, 2022
Genesils:
grin grin Be like say na there you dey

Yes bro... Me de fear self..

1 Like

Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by gimakon2(m): 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What's the difference between Cyprus and Nigeria. Cyprus like Nigeria is awash with Natural Gas...but the citizens in Cyprus feel the wealth coming from that gas whereas in Naija we are in penury

They do not feel anything. Hungry in that country walk on two Legs. A friend called me and told me Most people there dont have Jobs, he has even left Cyprus for somewhere else, I think Schweiz
Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by airsaylongcome: 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
gimakon2:

They do not feel anything. Hungry in that country walk on two Legs. A friend called me and told me Most people there dont have Jobs, he has even left Cyprus for somewhere else, I think Schweiz

Lol! That's the illegally occupied TRNC. I'm talking of the wealthy Republic of Cyprus. Lived there for 4 years. It's super comfortable in the Republic of Cyprus
Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by gimakon2(m): 9:13pm On Aug 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! That's the illegally occupied TRNC. I'm talking of the wealthy Republic of Cyprus. Lived there for 4 years. It's super comfortable in the Republic of Cyprus

That part like would i say "Greece Owned" or "Greece dominated" you mean? I know for sure , Turkish Cyprus has hunger as its middle name.
Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by airsaylongcome: 9:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
gimakon2:

That part like would i say "Greece Owned" or "Greece dominated" you mean? I know for sure , Turkish Cyprus has hunger as its middle name.

So the Republic of Cyprus (not the illegal, so-called "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus" ) is neither "Greece owned" or "Greece dominated". It's dominated by Cypriots. Period. The Cypriots speak Greek just like Nigerians speak English. Would you call Nigeria "England owned" or "England dominated" because the language spoken in Nigeria is English?

Some of the richest Cypriots made their money from Nigeria back in the 70s. If you are old enough, you'd probably remember the supermarket called Leventis. That was a Greek Cypriot. Coca cola Nigeria? That's owned by a Greek Cypriot. Even the infamous Nigerian Cement Armada of the 70s? That was were Nicholas Shacolas (one of the richest Cypriots) made his money from
Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by gimakon2(m): 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So the Republic of Cyprus (not the illegal, so-called "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus"wink is neither "Greece owned" or "Greece dominated". It's dominated by Cypriots. Period. The Cypriots speak Greek just like Nigerians speak English. Would you call Nigeria "England owned" or "England dominated" because the language spoken in Nigeria is English?

Some of the richest Cypriots made their money from Nigeria back in the 70s. If you are old enough, you'd probably remember the supermarket called Leventis. That was a Greek Cypriot. Coca cola Nigeria? That's owned by a Greek Cypriot. Even the infamous Nigerian Cement Armada of the 70s? That was were Nicholas Shacolas (one of the richest Cypriots) made his money from

Well i am not that old. Why i said the "Greek owned" because yes they speak Greek, i mean there has to be an origin, thats why I said so.Its fine.
Coca Cola too was from Cyprus?
Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by airsaylongcome: 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2022
gimakon2:

Well i am not that old. Why i said the "Greek owned" because yes they speak Greek, i mean there has to be an origin, thats why I said so.Its fine.
Coca Cola too was from Cyprus?

I didn't say Coca-Cola was from Cyprus. The company that bottles Coca-Cola in Nigeria called the Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company Nigeria was brought into the country by a Cypriot
Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by gimakon2(m): 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I didn't say Coca-Cola was from Cyprus. The company that bottles Coca-Cola in Nigeria called the Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company Nigeria was brought into the country by a Cypriot

I get u now.
Re: FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus by ASAPFERG1: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
obedience4:

Cyprus not the same with northern Cyprus..
If you go to the capital of Cyprus Nicosia you will know that lekki they suffer..
Cyprus is a nice place to chill..
Na igbo boys get Nicosia
all of them na drug dealers and fraudsters
Igbo amaka grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Speeding Vehicle Rammed Into Lady's Shop In Owerri. Photos / FG Takes Delivery Of Rail Wagons From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.