Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,707 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) (33552 Views)

Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) / Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Express Ghastly Accident, Shops Burnt Down / Trailer And Fuel Tanker Collide On Suleja-Minna Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by bonnyhope: 10:36am On Aug 26, 2022
Lagos Ibadan Road project has been on since I was born
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by ba7man(m): 10:37am On Aug 26, 2022
Penguin2:
Jonathan awarded this road and have been working on it before Buhari came to power.

All this nonsense eulogies for Buhari is rubbish.
GEJ did not build up to 20km of road before Buhari took over.

This is my route so I know it, unlike you that relies on hearsay fuelled by hate.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by ba7man(m): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2022
bonnyhope:
Lagos Ibadan Road project has been on since I was born

You were born in 2014 then.

You're 8yrs old by your statement.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by sunsplash99(m): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2022
Penguin2:
Jonathan awarded this road and have been working on it before Buhari came to power.

100% right
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by bonnyhope: 10:41am On Aug 26, 2022
ba7man:
You were born in 2014 then.

You're 8yrs old by your statement.
Is like you no de this country

That road has been under construction since Obj era
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Smith414: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2022
Yoruba1stson:
Baba Buhari dey try sha
BAT23 is a done deal
Jagaban is your next president, if you no like am go hug the nearest transformer and end your miserable life
even you nor believe yourself, why you nor talk ‘’ my next president “, instead you push am give us dey day “ your next president “ ... we don’t want bat-thing to happen to us in this country... God forbids it, Allah forbids it
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by sanya4good(m): 10:45am On Aug 26, 2022
Actually Baba Buhari used the borrowed money well on infrastructure but what about the indebtedness created thereby.

Fashola, Minister of Works used to say jobs are created during the execution of those projects but I maintain that the jobs created are temporary and only within the environment of the project being done.

Our nation more importantly need to move from the position of a consumer nation to a producer nation, it's then we can grow to become an exporting nation thereby earning Dollars and strengthening of Naira.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Penguin2: 10:47am On Aug 26, 2022
ba7man:
GEJ did not build up to 20km of road before Buhari took over.

This is my route so I know it, unlike you that relies on hearsay fuelled by hate.

And you are talking to someone who doesn’t use the route abi?
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by ba7man(m): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2022
Penguin2:

And you are talking to someone who doesn’t use the route abi?
You didn't use that route regularly under GEJ. You can't grandstand someone that knows what he's talking about.

The construction started at the Ibadan toll-gate and didn't even get to Guru Maharaji's camp under G.E.J.

Thank God Buhari divided the project into 2, awarding CECC to handle the Lagos end while Julius Berger retained the Ibadan end.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by nedekid: 11:00am On Aug 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
The project looks solid and beautiful. Buhari is trying in borrowing money to fix our infrastructure, but leadership is far beyond doing that because anyone can do it.

Nigeria needs a man who can create wealth for her teeming population, especially young people. If not, the level of insecurity we will experience in the next ten years, nobody will be able to walk down the streets anymore.
For real? Buhari is trying borrowing money to fix infrastructure? Seem you don't know how devastated the economy is. I am sure very very soon everyone will feel it.
Poor people will hear it and already hearing it, rich people are already sweating. Cash in the bank is loosing value daily. Those that have money in their domiciliary account (their own money) have problems withdrawing it.
All the visa debit card Zenith bank issued, linked to dom account have all failed. People stranded with no money.
Airlines have decided to stop flying to Nigeria, you possibly will have to go to ghana, Benin or Togo to travel. Foreign reserves is less than 15b, excess crude empty. Doctors, nurses, IT staff are all japaing leaving banks almost impossible to run their servers.
Nigeria under the heardsman is the only oil producing country not making money, smiling to the bank.
Banks will tell you no dollar as cbn has not released it, but when time of primaries, election comes, some people will be using personal bullion vans to distribute dollars as if it is paper.
Infrastructure? Will you take money from sokoloan to build your house when you income is little? Or you cut cost save money over a period and then build the house from your savings.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by gadgethead: 11:02am On Aug 26, 2022
If you know how many accidents and deaths have occurred due to lack of lane marks, you will appreciate this

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:09am On Aug 26, 2022
This road for me is the best in Nigeria so far
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Prince001(m): 11:12am On Aug 26, 2022
Biodun556:
Baba is working

This is one of basic amenities, no leader should be praised for this kind of thing. Where's electricity and so on. Electricity is one of d major basic amenities that makes country to thrives. Its so sad, we don't have that and these idiots flying to London for political meetings!!!!!!
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by iyenebari(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2022
Nice
Canon Rebel T1i
Camera features
ISO 100 to 3200
1080p30 video recording
Focus modes AI Focus, One-Shot, AI Servo, Live View with built-in flash
With 28-80mm lens

Other packages includes
Weifeng Tripod
Panasonic Microphone and it kits
Extension Camera Lighting system
58mm camera filters kit
Camera Battery and Charger
Camera body cap and lens (front & back)cap
Canon camera bag

Price N150,000

All in good working condition, no damage
Price is negotiable. Location ph
You can WhatsApp me on 0 8 0 7 9 7 9 5 1 1 0

Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Amayabor1: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2022
Biodun556:
Baba is working

Yes o. We have seen his achievements in Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Southern Kaduna, Sokoto, Katsina, Zamfara etc where mass burials have been conducted due to bandits and fulani herdsmen killings.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Viraltrends123: 11:13am On Aug 26, 2022
phemmyfour:
Lane marking while other portion isn't fix yet

Misplaced priority
which other portion
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by goslowgoslow(m): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2022
Biodun556:

Obasanjo,Yardua also worked on it.

Yorubas adage says " Akii k'alase ti ku ise, Eni Toba sase yori ohun Laho yin"

meaning " we don't praise he who stop the job half way, It is he who finished the job that we are going to praise.

Asi pa owe ni yen! You have to praise both of them. What if ones tenure finishes before the road is completed and the next person happens to finish it? Is governance and development not continuous?
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Viraltrends123: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2022
Prince001:

This is one of basic amenities, no leader should be praised for this kind of thing. Where's electricity and so on. Electricity is one of d major basic amenities that makes country to thrives. Its so sad, we don't have that and these idiots flying to London for political meetings!!!!!!
but, you can praise Peter Obi for not doing anything in Anambra state

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Viraltrends123: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2022
Smith414:
even you nor believe yourself, why you nor talk ‘’ my next president “, instead you push am give us dey day “ your next president “ ... we don’t want bat-thing to happen to us in this country... God forbids it, Allah forbids it
What he said is right, he is our next president, wether you like it or not. And not one ex PDP member who did nothing as a governor

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Prince001(m): 11:28am On Aug 26, 2022
Viraltrends123:
but, you can praise Peter Obi for not doing anything in Anambra state

Me? Nooo. I will never praise anyone for doing what they were voted for in the 1st place. They are all crooks including Peter Obi, na mouth and speech he sabi. Nuttin tangible to show for that's why Ipob not supporting him cos they knows na only talk no action all our politicians be. I can't still understand how they can decide to go for political meetings in London. Wowwwwwww.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Penguin2: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2022
ba7man:
You didn't use that route regularly under GEJ. You can't grandstand someone that knows what he's talking about.

The construction started at the Ibadan toll-gate and didn't even get to Guru Maharaji's camp under G.E.J.

Thank God Buhari divided the project into 2, awarding CECC to handle the Lagos end while Julius Berger retained the Ibadan end.

But GEJ awarded it regardless.

And work started.

Buhari unbundled and completed it.

All these eulogies are unnecessary. That’s my point.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by MemoriesAndMe: 11:34am On Aug 26, 2022
Praxis758:
In sane and hitech countries, a busy and vital highway like Lagos-Ibadan will be minimum of 4 lanes on each side considering the high volume of vehicular movement plying it.

Well, kudos to the government for fixing it.

Not in every developed country. This is an inter-state road and most inter-state roads in even the US don't have that many lanes - except in the major cities where where local and inter-state travelers need vehicular access at same time.

I think thisis commendable as long as the maintenance culture is in the long-term plan.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by doshiyad1: 11:35am On Aug 26, 2022
Penguin2:

It doesn't matter who started or finish it, who awarded and release the resource for the contracted.

What is most important is, the end result which is the projects is done and well done.

That's why we have so many unnecessary abandoned project from pervious administrations littered all around the country without completion because of comment like yours undecided undecided undecided,
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by ba7man(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2022
Penguin2:

But GEJ awarded it regardless.

And work started.

Buhari unbundled and completed it.

All these eulogies are unnecessary. That’s my point.
Let's just be glad it wasn't abandoned like some past administrations used to do.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by babajero(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2022
Biodun556:

Obasanjo,Yardua also worked on it.

Yorubas adage says " Akii k'alase ti ku ise, Eni Toba sase yori ohun Laho yin"

meaning " we don't praise he who stop the job half way, It is he who finished the job that we are going to praise.

And who told you the job has been completed? Even though buhari met the road well over ore, he has been borrowing snapping and posting pictures since over 7 years now, since that time earthquakes and other natural disasters has happened in many other countries that have rebuilt, and reconstructed and even forgotten. As far as Nigeria is concerned all this media massaging of a statue like buhari who is not even active in his own government doesn't work anymore, because even the buhari doesn't know the amount that have been borrowed in his name.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by anonimi: 11:39am On Aug 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
The project looks solid and beautiful. Buhari is trying in borrowing money to fix our infrastructure, but leadership is far beyond doing that because anyone can do it.

Nigeria needs a man who can create wealth for her teeming population, especially young people. If not, the level of insecurity we will experience in the next ten years, nobody will be able to walk down the streets anymore.

Should we forget that the road should have been done & dusted since 2017, but somehow somehow the railway that started much later was completed?
How does one explain this abracadabra

Lordave:
Lagos– Ibadan Expressway: As A Responsible Govt, We Had To Intervene – Jonathan
Jul 05, 2013

President Good-luck Jonathan Friday, flagged off the reconstruction and expansion of Lagos-Ibadan express way, 35 years after its construction during the administration General Olusegun Obasanjo as Nigeria’s militaryHead of State.

Jonathan said that job on the 127. 6 kilometre road which would cost N 167billion would be completed in 48 months, even as he reiterated the commitment of his administration to the provision of enduring and sustainable transportation networks across the country.
Two companies, Julius Berger Nigeria Plc and Reynolds Construction Company, RCC, Limited were awarded contracts. Julius Berger would handle Section 1, stretching about 43. 6 kilometres from Lagos to Shagamu Interchange while RCC is to execute section 11 of the project, which is about 84 kilometres starting from Shagamu to Ibadan in Oyo State. The projects were earlier awarded to Bi-Courtney Highway Services before the contract was revoked in controversial circumstances last year.

Jonathan described the dual carriageway, as very important because of high volume of traffic it carries … estimated at 84,000 vehicles daily.’’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/lagos-ibandan-expressway-as-a-responsible-government-we-had-to-intervene-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Akharmony: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2022
This road is suppose to be one of the best road in Nigeria. For whatsoever reason the cabal were busy playing politics on this project that utmost too forever. . Just imagine how many lives as been lost to that road alone. Mayb alot coulr have been averted if this wicked cabal have human feelings in ther heart. .
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by dheilaw1(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2022
Ibapajugus:
Na buhari do am wey you put spoil everything
na your papa do am?
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by babajero(m): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Na Buhari do am
Yes, and that is why the road is not yet completed, with a debt that can complete 5 of those roads.

Can you please tell me one project buhari has completed close to the 8 years of his rule, that will not be revisited again.

And tell me any project buhari has initiated that will be continued just like he continued the ones Jonathan started.

Then you tell me the impact of the humongous loans and borrowings he and his minions like the minister of finance has embarked on since over 7 years ago.
Re: Ongoing Lane Marking On Lagos-Ibadan Express Road (Photos) by Praxis758: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2022
MemoriesAndMe:

Not in every developed country. This is an inter-state road and most inter-state roads in even the US don't have that many lanes - except in the major cities where where local and inter-state travelers need vehicular access at same time.

I think thisis commendable as long as the maintenance culture is in the long-term plan.

Have you been to the US before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters / All You Should Know About Driving In Australia As A New Immigrant From Nigeria / NURTW Chairmen In Various States In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.