Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release (16266 Views)

Imprisonment Of Inibehe Effiong Was Unconstitutional - Nigerian Bar Association / Judge Sends Inibehe Effiong To Prison For Defending Leo Ekpenyong / Withdraw Honour Award From Abba Kyari - Inibehe Effiong Tells House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by ShaqFu: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
This is not right. I read the previous story and I'm appalled the judge can even do such a thing.

Sending a lawyer to prison without a fair trial. Even if his crime was contempt of court (what I believe the judge jailed him for) surely he's eligible for a fair trial and not just outright jail term.

This is a very gross violation of human right and justice. Whoever that judge is, he or she should be made to answer to this wanton disregard for due process of the law.

2 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Seuun is an idiot and tribal bigot.
What are you doing in the forum of an idiot person? Don’t be unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Hope the dude behaves well this time around.

what was his bad behavior before

please remind us
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by adolfHitler1934: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Seuun is an idiot and tribal bigot.
Don't mind the stupid,biased and tribal bigot.
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by Pacesetter123(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
He is playing with fire.

Late Chief Gani fights govt, not embarrassing and challenging female Judges in their court like Inibehe Effiong.

What Inibehe is doing is called notoriety. He must still apologise to the court and face disciplinary panel.
All those trolls hiding behind monikers to defend him will abandon him las las like they did while he was in prison and now waited until his release before trolling. He should learn and ask himself why heaven did not fall despite being sent to prison right from the court appearance for his client. It was because he crossed the line and public opinion disapproves of his misconduct.

He messed up in that Her Lordship's court.
check my signature for free stuffs!

What are you even saying?
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by broadman20: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
He is playing with fire.

Late Chief Gani fights govt, not embarrassing and challenging female Judges in their court like Inibehe Effiong.

What Inibehe is doing is called notoriety. He must still apologise to the court and face disciplinary panel.
All those trolls hiding behind monikers to defend him will abandon him las las like they did while he was in prison and now waited until his release before trolling. He should learn and ask himself why heaven did not fall despite being sent to prison right from the court appearance for his client. It was because he crossed the line and public opinion disapproves of his misconduct.

Believe me with the mindset and people like you, we would have still been in the colonial era.

A judge that cowed all the lawyers in Akwa Ibom not to represent a man who had a issue with the state governor?

I'm so disappointed with the youth of your type and no wonder this politicians are messing your future up anyhow.

4 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by FreeStuffsNG: 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
broadman20:

Believe me with the mindset and people like you, we would have still been in the colonial era.

A judge that cowed all the lawyers in Akwa Ibom not to represent a man who had a issue with the state governor?

I'm so disappointed with the youth of your type and no wonder this politicians are messing your future up anyhow.
You must think you are writing to a neophyte. Is her court the final court and is that why you rabble rousing and pushing Inihebe to jail and notoriety of fighting a woman publicly in her court? Smh

If she rules, go on appeal in a higher court and report her to appropriate body . If she is out of order, it will be seen because not everyone is from Akwa Ibom or adopts rabble rousing.

If you keep messing up your Judges in Akwa Ibom, it is lack of proper home training and poor education. Here in Lagos, we don't do that and you lot and Inibiehe Effiong should keep his crassness to his Akwa Ibom state and not bring it to Lagos.shiorr
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by broadman20: 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You must think you are writing to a neophyte. Is her court the final court and is that why you rabble rousing and pushing Inihebe to jail and notoriety of fighting a woman publicly in her court? Smh

If she rules, go on appeal in a higher court and report her to appropriate body . If she is out of order, it will be seen because not everyone is from Akwa Ibom or adopts rabble rousing.

If you keep messing up your Judges in Akwa Ibom, it is lack of proper home training and poor education. Here in Lagos, we don't do that and Inibiehe Effiong should keep his crassness to his Akwa Ibom state and not bring it to Lagos.shiorr

The same position some HOME NEGROES maintained when Martin Luther king Jr was killed.

The same the said when Nelson Mandela was sent to prison for many years.

The same some sellout said when Awolowo was imprisoned unjustly.

The same position you will take even in this unjust prison sentence melted out to this young man.

Anyway, I don't get angry with people who maintained your position when events like this is taking place because life has a way of paying them back in good measures.

3 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by Moh247: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
broadman20:

The same position some HOME NEGROES maintained when Martin Luther king Jr was killed.

The same the said when Nelson Mandela was sent to prison for many years.

The same some sellout said when Awolowo was imprisoned unjustly.

The same position you will take even in this unjust prison sentence melted out to this young man.

Anyway, I don't get angry with people who maintained your position when events like this is taking place because life has a way of paying them back in good measures.

The case is very tricky... You can't just accuse a judge of been partial and think she won't get angry.. we all know the Governor appointed her but there a ways of carefully withdrawing the case from her court without outrightly accusing her
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by MoneyMustBMade(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
Just because this man speak against apc on arise tv since then federal have been looking for a way to bring him down
Yet they failed
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by Moh247: 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2022
MoneyMustBMade:
Just because this man speak against apc on arise tv since then federal have been looking for a way to bring him down
Yet they failed

State High court, State Judge, PDP State, case relating to PDP Governor

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by SmartyPants(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hehehe...

He remains upbeat after getting beat up.

cheesy
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by 1bunne4lif(m): 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
He is playing with fire.

Get lost you Agbadorian

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by SmartyPants(m): 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2022
ShaqFu:
This is not right. I read the previous story and I'm appalled the judge can even do such a thing.

Sending a lawyer to prison without a fair trial. Even if his crime was contempt of court (what I believe the judge jailed him for) surely he's eligible for a fair trial and not just outright jail term.

This is a very gross violation of human right and justice. Whoever that judge is, he or she should be made to answer to this wanton disregard for due process of the law.

Lol. Which law is that?

Contempt is straight to jail. That is the law.
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by nesphil(m): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
Welcome back, bro.
But try and separate Activism from politics and bias.
if you want to join politics come out clear and if you wanna be an activist come out clear too.
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by KingTom(m): 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2022
LordGuru1:
You must be very hopelessly Senseless! What brought Seun into this matter!
Jesus grin grin
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by ShaqFu: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
SmartyPants:

Lol. Which law is that?

Contempt is straight to jail. That is the law.
Oh yeah. I didn't know this. Can I see evidence to support this? Thank you.
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Dear Fellow Nigerians..
As we can now see..
We have lots of work to do on the Election day.
The Polling-Units are open for all of us to stay and cast our votes, and to observe what they are doing, and at the same time protect our votes.
WE DON'T HAVE TO BE AN ACCREDITED PARTY AGENT BEFORE WE STAY AROUND THE POLLING-UNITS..

WE THE ORDINARY NIGERIANS ARE BARRED FROM THE COLLATION CENTERS, UNLESS WE ARE RECOGNISED AS ACCREDITED PARTY AGENTS.
THE ACCREDITED PARTY AGENTS CAN DO THE REST OF THE PROTECTION AT THE COLLATION CENTERS. NO WAHALLA.
THAT ONE IS THEIR BUSINESS

BUT THEN,,, THERE IS GOOD-NEWS....
AND THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT:
“THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS CONCERNING OUR CURRENT ELECTIONS ARE NOW HAPPENING AT THE POLLING-UNITS”,,
(AND NO MORE AT THE COLLATION CENTERS),
WHICH ARE:

1. SENDING A SCANNED COPY OF THE RESULTS DIRECTLY TO THE ONLINE RESULTS PORTAL.

2. SENDING THE SAME RESULTS TO THE CENTRAL COLLATION SERVER / SYSTEM.

So, my dear Fellow Nigerians, we won't relent..
We won't even dream of leaving the Polling-Units this time If the INEC Presiding Officer didn't do these two things right in front of us...
And we confirm the Online Results by logging in to the Portal.

WE “THE PEOPLE” ARE THE STRUCTURE THIS TIME AROUND.
WE ARE NIGERIANS, AND WE ARE THE ONES THAT DO THE CHOOSING,, AND NOT THE INEC OFFICIALS AND THE CORRUPT POLITICIANS.

WE ARE NOW THE ONES TO PROTECT OUR OWN VOTES, AND MAKE SURE THAT OUR VOTES COUNT,
AND NO MORE THE PARTY AGENTS ANY LONGER.
Allow me to copy this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
He is playing with fire.

if u talk now Dem go say u de support oppressor... Activism should be done with sense

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2022
Moh247:

The case is very tricky... You can't just accuse a judge of been partial and think she won't get angry.. we all know the Governor appointed her but there a ways of carefully withdrawing the case from her court without outrightly accusing her
gorvenors don't appoint judges it's Nigerian judicial council that's why attaining judge or cheif justice is by seniority... NJC ll nominate send to executive then to legislature for ratification... There's a reason NJC stood by Akon ikpeme after Ben Ayade and crs assembly wanted not ratifying her appointment and went for another njc rejected the new man till Akon was authenticated
. under saraki as kwara gorvenor d cheif judge was illegally removed without two third assembly members ratifying her removal she fought the case in court for three years and got justice... She was reinstated...

Onnoghen is another example is was ready to fight his illegal suspension before NJC advise he resigned which he did... The judiciary is an independent arm of govt deriving their powers from constitution like executive and legislature...

Thanks
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by kingyakos: 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2022
Moh247:
cool

This is between PDP and Akwa Ibom Government

Femi Falana SAN went to defend him free of charge... Seun's Nairaland platform helped to publicise the injustice , Tinubu's TVC aired a morning program discussing it

Somehow they would blame yorubas again..

Ordinary Thank you and show of appreciation to Femi Falana or Seun Osewa, they wont

U Bragg alot, was it only falana that stood for him....
Nonsense
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

what was his bad behavior before

please remind us

Heard he insulted a judge in the courtroom
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by Moh247: 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
gorvenors don't appoint judges it's Nigerian judicial council that's why attaining judge or cheif justice is by seniority... NJC ll nominate send to executive then to legislature for ratification... There's a reason NJC stood by Akon ikpeme after Ben Ayade and crs assembly wanted not ratifying her appointment and went for another njc rejected the new man till Akon was authenticated
. under saraki as kwara gorvenor d cheif judge was illegally removed without two third assembly members ratifying her removal she fought the case in court for three years and got justice... She was reinstated...

Onnoghen is another example is was ready to fight his illegal suspension before NJC advise he resigned which he did... The judiciary is an independent arm of govt deriving their powers from constitution like executive and legislature...

Thanks
Thanks for the correction

Nice submission.. I thought the Governor or Executive have unilateral power to nominate Judges.. never knew CJN has their inputs

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by Moh247: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
kingyakos:

U Bragg alot, was it only falana that stood for him....
Nonsense

To thank Falana and people like Seun is too much to ask Abi.. if we don't remind you sometimes you won't appreciate us and that's not bragging
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by Corridon: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2022
Moh247:

To thank Falana and people like Seun is too much to ask Abi.. if we don't remind you sometimes you won't appreciate us and that's not bragging
Rubbish. Everything about you is tribalism. Grow up kid.
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by kingyakos: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
Moh247:

He was sentence to one month and he spent exactly one month, so what's the noise of ur Yoruba bragging all about.
You make alot of noise like u the only Yoruba here.
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by BluntCrazeMan: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
1KOBONAIRA:

Allow me to copy this.
You're Always Free To Copy.

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by jimmyvic(m): 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
Your moniker alone says it all
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Re: Inibehe Effiong Remains Upbeat After Release by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

He has social media charring him so he won’t. I guess it will go from bad to worse.

Wasn’t shocked when NBA gave account of what happened yesterday and the story was the same, save for the being rude part.

It is well

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi, Poll Leader In Nigerian Elections Pledges Debt Revamp - Bloomberg / I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule / Govs Decry Harassment Of Gov Amaechi By The Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.