Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others (3861 Views)

Peter Obi Lands In Enugu To Campaign For LP Governorship Candidate & Others / Enugu 2023: Dorothy Nwodo Leads Women Group To Support Ugwuanyi, PDP Candidates / 2023: APC, Labour Party Leaders In Lejja Collapse Structures For Ugwuanyi, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by OEPHIUS(m): 3:59am On Aug 27, 2022
…Appreciate governor’s disposition to peaceful, harmonious co-existence

Non-indigenes in Enugu State, under the umbrella of Brethren of Interfaith and Inter-Community Development Initiative, have assured Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of their resolve to support his bid to represent Enugu North Senatorial District in the National Assembly in 2023, on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The non-indigenes also endorsed the governorship candidate of the PDP in Enugu State, Barr. Peter Ndubuisi Mbah, as their preferred guber candidate for the 2023 general election.

The group, popularly known as “Brethren of the Rock”, comprising indigenes from TIV, Hausa, Yoruba, Igala communities and other four states of the South East geo-political zone and Delta State, gave the endorsement when they paid a solidarity visit to Gov. Ugwuanyi at the Government House, Enugu, on Friday, to appreciate the way he has promoted peace, security and harmonious co-existence among indigenes and non-indigenes resident in Enugu State.

Accompanied by the Chairman of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Enugu State Chapter, Rt. Rev. Dr. Emmanuel Edeh, the immediate past Chairman of CAN, Bishop Christian Obiefuna, the Traditional Ruler of Ibagwa-Nike, Enugu East Local Government Area, HRH Igwe Emma Ugwu and the Chairman of Council of Traditional Rulers, Enugu East Senatorial District, HRH Igwe Hyacienth Edeani, among others, the non-indigenes said that they are happy and comfortable with the way they live and relate in Enugu State.

They described Gov. Ugwuanyi as a peaceful and friendly governor, the father of the fatherless, the father of non-indigenes and the man that brought enduring peace to the state, stressing that the governor through his peaceful disposition has united all of them in the state.

Endorsing Gov. Ugwuanyi, Barr. Mbah and the PDP family in Enugu State in the forthcoming elections, the Director General of Brethren of the Rock, Barr. Onuora Okeke, on behalf of the group stated that it is worthy of commendation that people from other states “are now doing traditional marriage, wedding and other social activities in Enugu State because of the peace and security you (Ugwuanyi) have entrenched in the state.”

Barr. Onuora reassured Gov. Ugwuanyi that the non-indigenes in Enugu State will mobilise massive support for the PDP and ensure that its candidates emerge victorious at the polls in 2023 in appreciation of his peaceful and good governance initiatives in the state.

He said: “Your Excellency, we are here to show our solidarity. We are here to express our gratitude. We are here to endorse the PDP governorship candidature of Barr. Peter Mbah and we are here to reassure you that your senatorial bid is already confirmed.”

Barr. Onuora who disclosed that the group has the backing of the leadership of the Christian and Muslim communities in Enugu State as well as the traditional institution, among others, maintained that they will deliver on their mandate in 2023.

In their separate solidarity speeches in support of the DG’s presentation, Bishop Joseph Ajujungwa, the representative of Sarikin Hausawa, Alhaji Danladi Abubakar, the leader of Yoruba Community, Alhaji Abdulazeez Adebayo, the Onu Igala, Enugu, Ndayale Onuja, the representative of TIV Community, Hon. Tamenor Emmanuel, the leader of Abia, Anambra, Imo, Delta and Ebonyi (AAIDE), Hon. Igwe Eke, HRH Igwe Edeani, the Women Director, Brethren of the Rock, Hon. Chioma Chukwu and HRH Igwe Ugwu, all paid glowing tributes to Gov. Ugwuanyi for entrenching peace and good governance in Enugu State as well as his humility, accommodating spirit and commitment to national unity, reassuring him of the maximum support and solidarity of non-indigenes living in the state.

The climax of the event was the recognition of Gov. Ugwuanyi as the Grand Patron of Brethren of Interfaith and Inter-Community Development Initiative (Brethren of the Rock) by the non-indigenes.

The Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor, Prof. Malachy Okwueze and the Executive Secretary, Enugu State Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board, Barr. Nestor Ezeme were at the event.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid031GcsqcFzcvJ1oS2H49yaitYJbQp8TCd3z8Y7xExWeNYF8wW1x4pDwEjDSidUMg1ml&id=100044234839321

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by saintjimos(m): 4:03am On Aug 27, 2022
Enugu business

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Staphylococcus: 4:04am On Aug 27, 2022

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by donaldking100: 5:00am On Aug 27, 2022
Staphylococcus:
Seems Labour party does not have a candidate grin grin grin

Even when reality stares into the eyes of many, they still cannot see it!

Why are you people so bothered about Obi and his votes?
No be ment be dat?
Concentrate on whichever ancestor you are supporting na.
Obi no get structure, Obi is irrelevant but una still de get sleepless nights over this same man.
I don't think any other presidential canditate has been attacked the way they have been attacking Obi.
All these propaganda will not help y'all at this time.
The ancestors you are supporting had all the time and resources to do right by Nigerians but they did not.
Now the youth are woke and ready to take back this country.
Obi 's presidential ambition s a movement, & Nobody can stop a moving train.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by God1000(m): 5:00am On Aug 27, 2022
Is he performing well as governor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Buhari4sale: 5:01am On Aug 27, 2022
Wetin concern me?
Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Ignatiusprince(m): 5:01am On Aug 27, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Peacemaker5129(f): 5:02am On Aug 27, 2022
Why the endorsement not for the structureless party's candidate? Something is not right

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Shaev7(m): 5:03am On Aug 27, 2022
Morning prayer
Thank you, Lord, for revealing yourself to me through the wonder and beauty of your creation. Thank you for your grace and blessing in my life. Thank you for your presence in the situation l am praying for. Come show yourself to me, and fill my heart with your power. Lord, I want to respond to your grace and follow your lead. Hold me fast as I pursue a fuller measure of your life in me. Help me to see my life of faith as a relationship, so that I can accept and act on all the grace you have for me. Help me to keep my eyes on you and your holy will. Free me from selfish and momentary goals in life so that I can seek to serve you only in the way that produces joy to your heart. Fill me with your life as I spend time with you today, and let this life spill out for others to see. Holy Spirit, help me to recognize the fruit of my thoughts and plans. Purify my heart so that I can live a life pleasing to you. Show me the ways that you are working in my life and the path that you have planned for me. Open my mind today, so that I can understand and discern your will. Amen.
Good morning
Have a lovely weekend.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Staphylococcus: 5:03am On Aug 27, 2022
donaldking100:

No be ment be dat?
Obi no get structure, Obi is irrelevant but una still de get sleepless nights over this same man.
I don't think any other presidential canditate has been attacked the way they have been attacking Obi.
The ancestors you are supporting had all the time and resources to do right by Nigerians but they did not.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Buhari4sale: 5:03am On Aug 27, 2022
donaldking100:

No be ment be dat?

You just a liar like your brother Obi.

Because na obidient rodents dey attack pass

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by IboHausaYoruba: 5:04am On Aug 27, 2022
Hmmn! If Obi should have 1000 votes in the whole of Enugu that means he really tried. Enugu is PDP without any controversy. I want to see any party that will wrestle that state from Ugwuanyi. That man is not joking at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Omonieme: 5:06am On Aug 27, 2022
Who's this person that's soo much on ENSG payroll na? Anything about Enugu and Ugwanyi dey make FP effortlessly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by kenechukwuj(m): 5:06am On Aug 27, 2022
Ugwuanyi and his cohorts should go and sit down. We need a breath of fresh air in Enugu. We need to take Enugu's governance back instead leaving it in the hands of God and going to sleep.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Staphylococcus: 5:15am On Aug 27, 2022
kenechukwuj:
Ugwuanyi and his cohorts should go and sit down. We need a breath of fresh air in Enugu. We need to take Enugu's governance back instead leaving it in the hands of God and going to sleep.

17 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by maxtop(m): 5:16am On Aug 27, 2022
O Ye brethren, be mindful of those who use my words but never practice what they preach, they will come like a thief in the night and steal your vote ....Be watchful and more importantly be OBEDIENT

No be me talk am, na BIBLE and QURAN verse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by maxtop(m): 5:19am On Aug 27, 2022
DEAR NIGGAZ,
HOLD ON TO YOUR PVC ............ grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Soso990240(m): 5:31am On Aug 27, 2022
After everything Sullivan Chime did in Enugu, Ugwuanyi came and reduced the quality of Governance in Enugu state. Ugwuanyi is by far the worst Governor Enugu have had

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by fasho01(m): 5:46am On Aug 27, 2022
Paid endorsement you mean..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Uraniumdavid: 5:47am On Aug 27, 2022
D number of votes APC gets determine the number of mad people in the country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Greenbirth: 5:49am On Aug 27, 2022
I am getting pissed off with your stupid write up in this forum. After all the loot and rubbish that Ugwuanyi and that arrogant Animal called Chimaroke is doing, you are still praise singing them because of the pea nut they are giving you.

Learn it from today that the you want change and not these old fools and nothing will stop it. If you wish you can fight for them that day shocked

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by okorogodwin4(m): 5:50am On Aug 27, 2022
Iam a non indigen resident in Enugu for 45yrs now we cannot endorse failure the government paid rented crowd to snap with them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Henryfortune(m): 5:55am On Aug 27, 2022
grin grin
grin
Did you just say nobody can stop a moving �...taaaaa keep quiet Jus recently Bandits did and nothing happened...
donaldking100:

No be ment be dat?

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by OnyeAshuaUru: 6:14am On Aug 27, 2022
Soso990240:
After everything Sullivan Chime did in Enugu, Ugwuanyi came and reduced the quality of Governance in Enugu state. Ugwuanyi is by far the worst Governor Enugu have had
All you mischievous bigots should shut your trap! Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is a study in mediocrity but Sullivan Chime was never any better. This year alone, Enugu has been ranked number one in more than four areas by the NBS, and that never happened under Sullivan Chime. Enugu public schools came top in WAEC. Two Enugu students were among the top 10 in JAMB. Enugu is number 1 in the country when it comes to implementation of MDGs, so where do you all keep getting this awful impression that a misogynistic sadist like Sullivan Chime who only did one on two roads in his native Udi and Enugu city performed better than Ugwuanyi?
Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by Soso990240(m): 6:48am On Aug 27, 2022
OnyeAshuaUru:

All you mischievous bigots should shut your trap! Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is a study in mediocrity but Sullivan Chime was never any better. This year alone, Enugu has been ranked number one in more than four areas by the NBS, and that never happened under Sullivan Chime. Enugu public schools came top in WAEC. Two Enugu students were among the top 10 in JAMB. Enugu is number 1 in the country when it comes to implementation of MDGs, so where do you all keep getting this awful impression that a misogynistic sadist like Sullivan Chime who only did one on two roads in his native Udi and Enugu city performed better than Ugwuanyi?
It is paid Praise singers like u that is Deceiving Ugwuanyi. Pls, what policy did Ugwuanyi introduce in the education sector that affected WAEC performance? Non.
Enugu was Ranked Number 1 in what especially?
Do you even know that Government Primary schools have been on strike for months?
You said Sullivan's Government wasn't any better? Ur stupidity is top Notch. I schooled in Esuth, had been in Enugu since 2001, and if u think i haven't seen the state enough, then ur brain is in ur anus.
During Sullivan tenure, we had roads neat, street lights, shuttle busses (state owned), Pipe borne water, Salaries pension and gratuity were being payed.. do u even know that Ugwuanyi never payed gratuity since after his first 2years?
Do u even know that Ugwuanyi ordered People to be shot if u come close to the place where palliative were stored during Endsars?
Pls, just name a thing Ugwuanyi achieved as a Governor that Sullivan didn't do X2.
If u stay in Enugu, just drive around town and tell me what u see, dirty , no street light again, no traffic light.. OGA get out abeg, psychopath

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by ridbell01(m): 6:53am On Aug 27, 2022
Nooo we can't take no other political party in SE other LABOUR PARTY that was a fake news
Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by AchichaMmuo: 7:06am On Aug 27, 2022
okorogodwin4:
Iam a non indigen resident in Enugu for 45yrs now we cannot endorse failure the government paid rented crowd to snap with them

Bro the guy is a collosal failure, serious one. I visited Enugu state after a long time and I nearly cried, the place is a shadow of itself. I just wish Enugu voters will WAKE UP! and vote rightly.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by AchichaMmuo: 7:09am On Aug 27, 2022
Soso990240:
It is paid Praise singers like u that is Deceiving Ugwuanyi. Pls, what policy did Ugwuanyi introduce in the education sector that affected WAEC performance? Non.
Enugu was Ranked Number 1 in what especially?
Do you even know that Government Primary schools have been on strike for months?
You said Sullivan's Government wasn't any better? Ur stupidity is top Notch. I schooled in Esuth, had been in Enugu since 2001, and if u think i haven't seen the state enough, then ur brain is in ur anus.
During Sullivan tenure, we had roads neat, street lights, shuttle busses (state owned), Pipe borne water, Salaries pension and gratuity were being payed.. do u even know that Ugwuanyi never payed gratuity since after his first 2years?
Do u even know that Ugwuanyi ordered People to be shot if u come close to the place where palliative were stored during Endsars?
Pls, just name a thing Ugwuanyi achieved as a Governor that Sullivan didn't do X2.
If u stay in Enugu, just drive around town and tell me what u see, dirty , no street light again, no traffic light.. OGA get out abeg, psychopath

You are an OG, same Esut here. The guy who quoted is a Bastard, with his Ugwuanyi. Ggburugburu destroyed Enugu.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Enugu Non-Indigenes Endorse Gov. Ugwuanyi, PDP Guber Candidate, Others by BlazinGlory40: 7:12am On Aug 27, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
Hmmn! If Obi should have 1000 votes in the whole of Enugu that means he really tried. Enugu is PDP without any controversy. I want to see any party that will wrestle that state from Ugwuanyi. That man is not joking at all.

Is Obi contesting for governor of Enugu state?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. / One Hundred Million Naira Betting On 2024 Edo Governorship Election. / What's Wrong With Our Tax System ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.