Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. (3858 Views)

Google Creates New Logo To Remind Nigerians To Vote / Shocking: See The Length Ndị Igbo Is Going To Destroy Tinubu(Picture) / Story Of Osisikankwu And Why Ndị Igbo Must Thread Carefully (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by julaion: 11:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
Before I go to bed, I want to remind Nigerians, especially, ndị Igbo, something. It is history. At this point in my life, I ain't scared of stating the obvious.

The January 15th 1966 coup was championed by junior officers, across Nigeria. But they called it Igbo coup.

Adewale Ademoyega was part of the 5 majors in that coup. He's Yoruba. He wrote the book: "Why We Struck"

He wasn't biased to say the truth. In the 60s, the whole quarters of Nigeria were scared of Igbo. They said that Igbo were dormineering. In education, in business, in military, everywhere Igbo were everywhere. Different newspapers used that word "dormineering" to describe the Igbo.

It started like joke. Tribal slur. Bottled envy, jealousy. Some who couldn't fly, started seeing those who fly as obstacles.

The entire Nigeria believe that the Igbo were taking over everything. I don't want to go into details.

The essence of the first coup, was to release Obafemi Awolowo, the leader of the Yoruba ìn prison, where he was charged for treason, and make him prime minister.

The junior officers believed that the leaders then were corrupt, they needed to wipe them and put Nigeria on the wheels of progress. Kaduna Nzeọgwụ, born in Kaduna, and lived all his life in Kaduna, spoke Hausa and likely might not know what is bịa in Igbo, was the head of the 5 majors.

If you read "Because I AM Involved" by Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, hé narrated how he didn't know Kaduna Nzeọgwụ.

By the time the coup happened, Ojukwu was in Kano. He tried to reach Kaduna, who hung phone on his ears.

Let me not use Ojukwu's account, let me go with Adewale, so that nobody will accuse one of being biased. His book title is self explanatory: "Why We Struck."

The intention of the coup was to wipe corrupt leaders and make Awolowo president, after releasing him from prison.

The coup happened. Northern leaders were killed. They turned it to Igbo coup. Something different officers from different parts of the country were part of.

What happened?

The pogrom. Anywhere they saw anything that looked like Igbo, shoot. Over 50,000 Igbo were múrdered in Kano.

Igbo High army officers were mụrdered. It was a pure genocide. They killed Military head of state— J.T.U Aguiyi Ironsi. Hé was a serving president. Igbo man.

Ojukwu, being the military governor of eastern region had to declare state of Biafra. His people must secede from a country that have called them enemies.

Remember, before 1966, there were killings of the Igbo in Jos, about 1945. The Igbo had been a point for destruction. Series of massacre.

Ojukwu didn't declare war. The Igbo didn't fight Nigeria. The Igbo left to find their own fates, Nigëria declared war to hold them back. That they must remain in Nigeria. How can they have their own country?

Of course, old eastern region was the fastest growing economy in the world between 1954-1960s. The blueprint which the federal state targeted and destroyed during the génocidal war. Let me not go to that because that progress amounted to jealousy, strife etc.

What did Awolowo do?

He told Gowon not to agree on the Aburi Accord agreement he signed with Ojukwu. The same Awolowo those young officers risked their lives for. He connived with Gowon who then ignored the agreement signed at Aburi. Instead, they declared war on Biafrans.

Let me put the record straight, there was no civil war in Nigeria. War was only fought in Biafra land. They brought war, the Biafrans had to defend themselves.

What did Awolowo dó? You want to hear it from Maazị Ogbonnaya?

"Let's starve them with food. Let's create blockade."

Nigeria even had to risk Bakassi Peninsula to Cameroonians, just to block food entrance for the Biafrans. The place with rich oil dominance. The place they tried to get back but lost the place to Cameroon.

They listened to Awolowo. Over 3 million children and women were killed because of that policy.

War was never fought in Yoruba land nor Hausa land but Biafran land. It was a pure genócide.

Have you asked yourself why they scrapped history from school curriculum?

The crimé committed against a people in this land is something no Igbo should forget.

The hatred against the Igbo by the Yorubas and other tribes didn't start today. It will not stop soon. Seeing Igbo man as a threat. They teach their children. It's generational. You should also have it in mind.

If you wondered who orchestrated the policy of starvation that killed millions of Biafran children, it was Obafemi Awolowo.

After the war, he was still the same person who said every Igbo no matter how many billion you have must be given 20 pounds. The man they draw in hundred naịra.

That 20 pounds is what they used to build. Today, we see their offsprings crying that Igbo are taking over their lands. With that 20 pounds.

History is repeating itself. That music of dormineering. You don't expect me to keep quiet.

I paused!

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by Throwback: 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
I hope those foolish Yorubas that voted for Obi can now learn that you will forever be the political enemy of the Igbo.

Thank you OP for reminding the woke fools.

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by julaion: 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
Throwback:
I hope those foolish Yorubas that voted for Obi can now learn that you will forever be the political enemy of the Igbo.

What happened last Saturday has really revealed our true enemy and the envy and jelousy the have for us the igbos....I thank God for that

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by malcom1X: 11:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
Throwback:

You can vote in my city but I can't vote in your city

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by ObalaEmma: 11:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
Throwback:

So when you told igbos to go back to their land and it became a trend among your elites —you never knew history will be revisited? Igbos are trying to heal, we appreciate those who supported a better Nigeria with Peter Obi. But what happened in Lagos has called for concerned to every igbos in Lagos. The tweets from Onanuga that followed made it more official.

The fear of igbos taking Lagos when it was three Yorouba man on a ballot box and no identified igbo man campaigning to claim lagos but somehow twisted to mock igbo to remember them of their brutal history. You lot couldn't control one of your own instead raised tribal attacks against igbo to force your people to attack them. This is the result.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by ChiefJusticeFuc: 11:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
Heebo reaction to Yoruba rejection vs Arewa quit notice to Igbos

This thing Yoruba people did to Heebo , which is simply : "don't meddle in our local politics", did not result in one hair being plucked from an Osu's flat head. But Osus are truly livid and upset to the point that they are now seriously (threatening as always) to leave the SW and Lagos in particular for their yeast.

Wow!

Yoruba rejection of heebo meddling really hurt the OSU.

But what of that of Arewa's ongoing court case seeking Heebo expulsion from Nigeria ? How did the osus react to this ?

Pin dropped silence .

Not one single counter . Not even a single sentence . All we got were dead silence.

This is the north that has shed heebo blood like fowl. This is the north that Igbos are adept in knowing when to do a temporary exodus only to return when things cool down.

The most shameless aspect was that the heebo community leadership in the north went on their knees begging to northern authority figures in Arewa to rescind and withdraw their quit notice order.

But Yoruba that has never done any targeted pogrom on the heebo or discriminated against them as they suffer in the fundamentalist moslem north are "the most evil racist tribe" for telling the heebo to take their votes to the yeast.

It seems the rejection by the Yoruba of the heebo really pain dem.

Could this be because they know deep down that they really fcked up with the only nationality that has been accommodating to them and that which was the only welcoming one to Igbos after the civil war ?

The heebo is now tearing his Nigerian passport over what transpired during the gubernatorial elections in Lagos.

They did not tear their passport when Obi lost.

No. They decided to tear their passport over the state elections in Lagos that had only Yoruba candidates on the ballot.

They made it clear that their renouncing of their Nigerian citizenship is over the outcome and conduct of the Lagos gubernatorial elections .

They did not tear their passport over the wanton killings by thugs in places like Anambra, IMO , Ebonyi , Enugu and Abia The thuggery in the yeast elections was of no concern to these diaspora osus rather it was that of Lagos , a Yoruba state and land.

Omo Yoruba , your rejection of the osu really pain am pass all the osus killed in northern Nigeria by abokis since 1945.

Nah your "OSU mind your business and stay off our internal politics " dey pain them.

What I do know now is that the average OSU is seriously in love with the Yoruba and his way of life and wishes deep down he was one.

Can you pls find in your heart to forgive the heebo and allow them a soft landing to cone back by simply telling them "ehn sorry. But you no say nah you start this thing, oya come back to Lagos ".

Chai!

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by julaion: 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:
Heebo reaction to Yoruba rejection vs Arewa quit notice to Igbos

This thing Yoruba people did to Heebo , which is simply : "don't meddle in our local politics", did not result in one hair being plucked from an Osu's flat head. But Osus are truly livid and upset to the point that they are now seriously (threatening as always) to leave the SW and Lagos in particular for their yeast.

Wow!

Yoruba rejection of heebo meddling really hurt the OSU.

But what of that of Arewa's ongoing court case seeking Heebo expulsion from Nigeria ? How did the osus react to this ?

Pin dropped silence .

Not one single counter . Not even a single sentence . All we got were dead silence.

This is the north that has shed heebo blood like fowl. This is the north that Igbos are adept in knowing when to do a temporary exodus only to return when things cool down.

The most shameless aspect was that the heebo community leadership in the north went on their knees begging to northern authority figures in Arewa to rescind and withdraw their quit notice order.

But Yoruba that has never done any targeted pogrom on the heebo or discriminated against them as they suffer in the fundamentalist moslem north are "the most evil racist tribe" for telling the heebo to take their votes to the yeast.

It seems the rejection by the Yoruba of the heebo really pain dem.

Could this be because they know deep down that they really fcked up with the only nationality that has been accommodating to them and that which was the only welcoming one to Igbos after the civil war ?

The heebo is now tearing his Nigerian passport over what transpired during the gubernatorial elections in Lagos.

They did not tear their passport when Obi lost.

No. They decided to tear their passport over the state elections in Lagos that had only Yoruba candidates on the ballot.

They made it clear that their renouncing of their Nigerian citizenship is over the outcome and conduct of the Lagos gubernatorial elections .

They did not tear their passport over the wanton killings by thugs in places like Anambra, IMO , Ebonyi , Enugu and Abia The thuggery in the yeast elections was of no concern to these diaspora osus rather it was that of Lagos , a Yoruba state and land.

Omo Yoruba , your rejection of the osu really pain am pass all the osus killed in northern Nigeria by abokis since 1945.

Nah your "OSU mind your business and stay off our internal politics " dey pain them.

What I do know now is that the average OSU is seriously in love with the Yoruba and his way of life and wishes deep down he was one.

Can you pls find in your heart to forgive the heebo and allow them a soft landing to cone back by simply telling them "ehn sorry. But you no say nah you start this thing, oya come back to Lagos ".

Chai!
see rubbish u just the type,just the behave like pikin wey still dey him mama womb.....abi ur papa waste him resources send u go school make u learn rubbish,see how u are just behaving like a mad man who escaped from Psychiatry

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by criminalmindz: 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
Yes war was only fought in the south east and south south.
Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by Obaaderemi2: 11:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
But you Ibos were not this pained when Obi lost the presidential election. How come the Lagos election pains you more? Is there a dark agenda you have for Lagos? Do you see it as the crown jewel that should grace your crown?
I don't get it. This wailing is getting too much.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by ChiefJusticeFuc: 11:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
julaion:
see rubbish u just the type,just the behave like pikin wey still dey him mama womb.....abi ur papa waste him resources send u go school make u learn rubbish,see how u are just behaving like a mad man who escaped from Psychiatry

You don reach villa ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by GeneralPula: 11:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
malcom1X:

You can vote in my city but I can't vote in your city
DOA..

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by ChiefJusticeFuc: 11:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
But you Ibos were not this pained when Obi lost the presidential election. How come the Lagos election pains you more? Is there a dark agenda you have for Lagos? Do you see it as the crown jewel that should grace your crown?

The heebo is secretly in love with the Yoruba

The Yoruba rejection of GRV because of his pro Heebo twitter rants is why the heebo is feeling so heartbroken

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by PointB: 11:44pm On Mar 20, 2023
Throwback:

Be bold enough to say the words, "I hate Igbos". Stop hiding behind other 'yorubas or tribe". Own your own hate. Say the words and be free.

7 Likes

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by GeneralPula: 11:45pm On Mar 20, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
10th most deadliest terrorist group on earth would always have evil agenda, regardless..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by EKONGKING: 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2023
Yes Boss ,I understand ur pain .

Instead of doing legitimate work ,why r u doing drugs across the world.

They are thousands of Nigerian Techies ,working in Indian IT and u stupid idiots are destroying the reputation of the country by doing drug dealing and smuggling .

The Indian IT is worth 130 billion dollars in exports and they want to establish African headquarters . They like it in Nairobi instead of Lagos because of bad image of Nigeria and its because of u people.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2023
Not an Ibo coup and YET not a single Ibo politician was killed in the coup. Kontinue

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by julaion: 11:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

You don reach villa ?
I dey Plymouth UK,dey enjoy my life grin you na for Nigeria u go die and vulture go chop ur flesh and dog go crack ur bone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by Obaaderemi2: 11:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

The Yoruba rejection of GRV because of his pro Heebo twitter rants is why the heebo is feeling so heartbroken
It's crazy. Why can't they go and attack Soludo who openly antagonized Obi? What is it they want with Lagos? Their wailing is the reason why they should be watched closely. Anyone that could destroy his own home on the instructions of madmen like Kanu and Epa should be monitored seriously when he lives in your own house. Kilode gan?

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by ObalaEmma: 11:52pm On Mar 20, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
It seems you just came online
Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by GeneralPula: 11:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Goes beyond that. An average Igbo man has Ego and yesterday election is making them feel down & below..

Igbos have always hyped their influence in Lagos. They’ve claimed severally that they’re the largest non-indigenous groups in Lagos, even tho, their wasn’t proof. When Peter Obi won Lagos, it got into their head to the extent that they over-hyped themselves more, forgetting totally it wasn’t only the Igbos in Lagos that voted Lp..

Yesterday election is making them feel less to the core..

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by alanto: 11:56pm On Mar 20, 2023
Wahala ma wa de bayi
Ekun egbere yi po o

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by ChiefJusticeFuc: 11:56pm On Mar 20, 2023
julaion:
I dey Plymouth UK,dey enjoy my life grin you na for Nigeria u go die and vulture go chop ur flesh and dog go crack ur bone

Refugee for 9ja don upgrade to international refugee

Just behave yourself there.

We don't want to be reading about you. NACAN even had to order another big 300 leaves notebook for Heebo entries for just this month.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
DO NOT interfere in Yoruba local politics EVER again. If you want peace in Yorubaland DO NOT interfere in our local elections again.

You can vote your presidential candidates but when it comes to electing our governors DO NOT interfere.

Thank you.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by nonhuman(m): 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Throwback:

the voted for the best president they didn't vote Igbo, educated idiot

2 Likes

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by nonhuman(m): 11:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
DO NOT interfere in Yoruba local politics EVER again. If you want peace in Yorubaland DO NOT interfere in our local elections again.

You can vote your presidential candidates but when it comes to electing our governors DO NOT interfere.

Thank you.
even the time of presidential election, did same thing not happen

1 Like

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by EeyanMayweather(m): 12:00am On Mar 21, 2023
ObalaEmma:

So when you told igbos to go back to their land and it became a trend among your elites —you never knew history will be revisited? Igbos are trying to heal, we appreciate those who supported a better Nigeria with Peter Obi. But what happened in Lagos has called for concerned to every igbos in Lagos. The tweets from Onanuga that followed made it more official.

The fear of igbos taking Lagos when it was three Yorouba man on a ballot box and no identified igbo man campaigning to claim lagos but somehow twisted to mock igbo to remember them of their brutal history. You lot couldn't control one of your own instead raised tribal attacks against igbo to force your people to attack them. This is the result.
Werey
Did Wike allow you losers have your way in Rivers ?
Steer clear of our politics or leave our land

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by julaion: 12:01am On Mar 21, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Refugee for 9ja don upgrade to international refugee

Just behave yourself there.

We don't want to be reading about you. NACAN even had to order another big 300 leaves notebook for Heebo entries for just this month.

you are always sounding like a fabulous mad man grin u wey fulani chase go benin republic go form refugee grin you go soon die

1 Like

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by DodadaKoKigbe: 12:02am On Mar 21, 2023
nonhuman:
even the time of presidential election, did same thing not happen

I have told you we don't care about who you vote for for president. WHEN IT COMES to governor DO NOT interfere. EVER AGAIN in YOUR LIVES. PEACE is BETTER than WAR.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by julaion: 12:04am On Mar 21, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Thank you.
see person we dey talk grin lagos igbos to gentile abeg,make them learn from kano and jos igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by SpatialKing(m): 12:05am On Mar 21, 2023
julaion:
see person we dey talk grin lagos igbos to gentile abeg,make them learn from kano and jos igbos
You can imagine

Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by ObalaEmma: 12:07am On Mar 21, 2023
EeyanMayweather:

Werey
Did Wike allow you losers have your way in Rivers ?
Steer clear of our politics or leave our land
You are the Werey. Wike is against Nnamdi Kanu led IPOB. Wike won't attack a tribe he is part of.
Re: Before I Go To Bed, I Want To Remind Nigerians, Especially, Ndị Igbo, Something. by DodadaKoKigbe: 12:07am On Mar 21, 2023
julaion:

dey play

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Confirms Getting Requests To Overthrow President Bola Tinubu / Arisekola Alao Woos Son Abdullah Alao For Oyo Guber Race / Mike Okiro, From Police To Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.