Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi (11119 Views)

Coronavirus: China Publishing Fake Data To Deceive Countries — Report / Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by IbileIfe: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
I worked as national program consultant for one of the agencies of the United Nations in Nigeria and I was told how to make 100 become 1000 and report 1000 as 1000000 so that the government and donor agencies will respond faster and give more allocations of revenues. I saw how more money was spent on 3 Star hotels to accommodate consultants and top level staff than money for the real projects. I was just 25 then and I was given a double suite in Durbar Hotel in Kaduna State for a one week workshop on Child Survival and Development (CSD). I asked why I was given a double suite when I was the only person, but they just smiled and asked if I did not like enjoyment.
In Calabar, I stayed in the Metropolitan Hotel for one week during another workshop on HIV/AIDS.

1 Like

Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
donleo92:
lol.
this dude they talk from experience!!
data collection in Nigeria is flawed with corruption
data is flawed anywhere in the world... See Obedients claiming they are doing million Marches for obi when obi can't see beyond 2-3m votes next year elections... See football data ll tel u pple like kross inesta no Sabi cos Dem no to score plenty goals but in reality they are intelligent footballers...
Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
In the history of NGOs in Nigeria I bet nobody has ever witnessed an NGO accomplish anything worthwhile and useful.
IbileIfe:
I worked as national program consultant for one of the agencies of the United Nations in Nigeria and I was told how to make 100 become 1000 and report 1000 as 1000000 so that the government and donor agencies will respond faster and give more allocations of revenues. I saw how more money was spent on 3 Star hotels to accommodate consultants and top level staff than money for the real projects. I was just 25 then and I was given a double suite in Durbar Hotel in Kaduna State for a one week workshop on Child Survival and Development (CSD). I asked why I was given a double suite when I was the only person, but they just smiled and asked if I did not like enjoyment.
In Calabar, I stayed in the Metropolitan Hotel for one week during another workshop on HIV/AIDS.

Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by fof1: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
nlfpmod:
As shared by journalist, Temisan Okomi:

https://twitter.com/temiokomi/status/1563078328885870593?t=LO0_uKjq9wtAwMfLI-WYnw&s=08

May God Punish them with the Same Sickness, they Tend to Exaggerate in Nigeria, for their Mischief and Greed.
Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by Wipper7000: 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
sircatherine45:
Na today you know this one? I know an NGO that has accounts for laundering funds, and the FBI will keep mute.

Corruption is everywhere!
Just like how OBi is bouncing fake data up and down the streets
Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by kelvnigeria(m): 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
It shows how stupid you are. For each person that is tested positive. He cant be on treatmemt until the personis comfirmed in a sophisticated lab. Each positive person has a unique code that he could be trace on any database. So lets say you are enrolled in Ibadan for care and you come to lagos and another NGO takes your sample it will automatically read as double counting when it gets to the central database being used by thr likes of USAID, CDC and PEPFA.

Dont this useless jobless boys.
Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by sircatherine45(m): 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2022
Wipper7000:
Just like how OBi is bouncing fake data up and down the streets

I like the way Obi is living rent free in your head. Keep it up!
Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by onoja12: 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2022
Very correct, I have raised this same issue at a conference of the united nations in new York, the figures the so called professors where turning out were ridiculous, telling me 22 million women die of child birth in Nigeria yearly, I ask them , how many births a years does Nigeria register and if 22 million women are dying a year means Nigeria would have been out of women within 5 years .they all looked at me like i was crazy for even challenging the figures and stopped giving me the mic or muted it.

1 Like

Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 28, 2022
I weep for those who don't believe this
Re: NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi by MacWin155(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
Tycyborg:

Thank you and this is the just the pure truth... We said we want government to make Nigeria look like UK but we throw dirty on the ground without caring... We inflate price of things from greed and we blame government for the inflation and many other things... But the more we change mentally the more better we can hold government accountable...
Do you know NIN which is free are being sold hiddenly by civil servant... On the form it was written this form is not to be sold and when I said I won't pay a dime they told me I am not ready for the NIN... Imagine but yet we blame government...
We are the problem of this nation... When we get our selves in oder then we can talk about how disorder some other people are.
Truth is bitter

My brother. Nigerians as a whole needs to change, which is why I supported Buhari's mantra then that "change begins with you". But clearly and sadly corruption is a fabric of our nation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obiano To Distribute 450 Cm Of Oxygen To Hospitals In Anambra / 7 Best Body Building Food / Which Type Of Milk Should You Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.