Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,607 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Pessimism And Optimism: Which Is Good For A Romantic Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pessimism And Optimism: Which Is Good For A Romantic Relationship? (171 Views)

The Pessimism Of Distance Relationship- A Negative Mindset / Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pessimism And Optimism: Which Is Good For A Romantic Relationship? by McEphiks(m): 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Pessimism and Optimism: Which is Good for a Romantic Relationship?

I heard that an article is out there, like a ghost on steroids, hitting the minds of the feeble ones and finding a way to drag the strong people in its path.

One said, (paraphrased) "Optimism and Pessimism are both important in a relationship because things might go wrong. You embrace pessimism because you're not in a relationship with an angel and things can go wrong. You embrace optimism because you want your relationship to work."

You see the thought up there? It's costly if you grab it!

I think pessimism and optimism are two different things and shouldn't be mixed up this way.

You can't hold optimism in one hand and pessimism in the other, then expecting the best. It's like saying unbelief and faith are both important in having a great relationship with God.

Optimism: The optimistic feeling that all is going to turn out well; a general disposition to expect the best in all things.

Pessimism: The feeling that things will turn out badly; A general disposition to look on the dark side and to expect the worst in all things.

Ideally, optimism (like faith) doesn't rule out the fact that things might go wrong. In fact, the greatest of success roots in expecting the best from the worst scenarios.

That's to say that you need optimism, and not pessimism, in any relationship.

Am I now saying even if it appears it won't work, people should believe it will, against all odds?

Na!

I'm not asking you to fixate on someone who will obviously make life difficult for you. I'm not asking you to trade your common sense for baseless faith.

I'm not advising that you start any relationship with any whatchamacallit, expecting the best from it when it's obvious that it might not work from the start.

Nobody boards a plane with a timed bomb attached to it.

Know what works, grab and follow it passionately with optimism.

Choosing wrongly is a disaster going somewhere to happen!

Blessed?

Share your opinion below.

Lalasticlala Myndd44 Dominique
Re: Pessimism And Optimism: Which Is Good For A Romantic Relationship? by HiideaConsole(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
Optimism is good, pessimism too isn't always negativity

But which should you go for to keep things balanced - realism

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Movie Streaming / NFL Streaming Free / A Responsible Father Will Have These Great Qualities...here Is How!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.