Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP (38415 Views)

5000 APC, LP Members Collapse Structures Into PDP In Abuja - Daily Trust / Ondo: Zenith Labour Party Collapses Into PDP / 2023: We Will Bring Prominent Leaders, Youths Into PDP - Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Kwanza: 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is set to head back to the country to receive Ibrahim Shekarau into the major opposition party.

Shekarau, a former Kano state governor, is unsettled at the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), and he is believed to be on his way out.

Atiku is expected to return from Europe on Sunday, where he met with Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers state.

The former vice-president is billed to meet with Shekarau ahead of his official defection to the PDP.

Shekerau left the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the NNPP in May 2022 after months of leadership tussle with Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano.

The senator representing Kano central said APC’s inability to settle the crisis between his faction and Ganduje’s camp resulted in his exit.

But his new alliance with the NNPP would prove to be short-lived. A few days ago, Shekarau opened up on his disgruntlement with the party.

He said the NNPP under the leadership of Rabiu Kwankwaso, the party’s presidential candidate, failed to integrate his supporters.

Shekarau accused Kwankwaso of betraying the agreement they had before his defection.

“I will never be a party to injustice. My integrity is utmost and not any political position that will make me compromise it and that of my people. Nobody will use position or money against my integrity,” he had said.

“Nobody will use money to change my conscience. I was a governor for eight years in Kano and people believed in my integrity.”

SHEKARAU, THE OLD PDP BOY

Shekarau’s imminent return to the major opposition party represents a full-circle moment for him

Until 2018, he was a member of the PDP, with his exit stemming from the internal rift in the Kano chapter of the party.

One faction was loyal to him while another was under the control of Kwankwaso, who was also in PDP at the time.

When he announced his defection, Shekarau blamed the national leadership of the party for failing to resolve the crisis following the controversial dissolution of the state executive committee.

DEFECTION BOOST FOR ATIKU

Despite being out of the office of governor since 2011, Shekarau is believed to still have a decent political structure in Kano.

The state, governed by Abdullahi Ganduje, has been controlled by the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) since 2015.

With the 2023 elections fast approaching, the PDP is working to encroach into APC strongholds, especially as it contends with a yet-to-be-resolved internal crisis.

TheCable had reported details of Atiku’s recent fence-mending talks with Wike in the UK.

The PDP has been in turmoil since it held its presidential primary election in May.

Atiku clinched the party’s ticket after the dramatic withdrawal of Tambuwal from the race. Tambuwal had asked his supporters to support the former vice-president.

The crisis in the party escalated after Atiku chose Ifeanyi Okowa, governor of Delta, as his running mate.

Party stakeholders had expressed concerns that Atiku ignored Wike — who was said to have been preferred by a majority of the PDP’s national working committee (NWC) members as the candidate for the position.

On Friday, TheCable reported that allies of Wike demanded the resignation of Iyorchia Ayu, national chairman of the party, as a condition for a truce with Atiku.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-atiku-jets-back-from-london-to-receive-shekarau-into-pdp/amp

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by kay1one(m): 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
Let him wait till tomorrow.

Today, Obi is shutting down Nigeria!

Million marches everywhere cheesy cheesy

178 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Jones4190(m): 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
Before you go to bed this night, just bear in Mind that President Muhammadu Buhari will be in Onitsha/Asaba this October to Commission the Second Niger Bridge

If you are among those who derive pleasure in abusing Buhari, ask God to forgive you before you retire to bed this night

56 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by donaldking100: 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
P.D.P shall labour in vain.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Xscape1993(m): 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2022
Bye bye evil party....

16 Likes

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by tishbite42: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2022
Fear North

16 Likes

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by tishbite42: 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2022
Jones4190:
Before you go to bed this night, just bear in Mind that President Muhammadu Buhari will be in Onitsha/Asaba this October to Commission the Second Niger Bridge

If you are among those who derive pleasure in abusing Buhari, ask God to forgive you before you retire to bed this night
Buhari will happen to you

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Jones4190(m): 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2022
tishbite42:

Buhari will happen to you
you look frustrated.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by JASONjnr(m): 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
Atiku that will be known as a complete irrelevant politician after 2023....

He will keep trying and will never succeed....

He left PDP and installed Buhari and decided to leave to contest against Buhari....

He refused to support GEJ and now the same party he left and used his money to sponsor against is the party he's going to lord over ...

Atiku is a failure....

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by jkpbestseries: 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
Atiku has won 2023 elections already

37 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Penguin2: 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
2023 presidential election is now strictly between Atiku and Peter Obi.

But Tinubu BATstards don’t like to hear the truth.

Same way we warned them about Edo, that Obaseki will win but they were grandstanding, hoping on Tony Kabaka to deliver but nothing came out.

Same way we warned them that they will lose Anambra no matter how many stakeholders they purchase and they foamed in their mouths waiting for criminal Andy Uba to use Political UGM to win Anambra but they failed.

Same way we warned them about Osun, that Adeleke will win, but they were hoping MC Oluomo’s chartered thugs from Lagos to deliver Oyetola but they failed.

Fools are yet to come to terms with the fact that votes now count and not the era that INEC declare another party after the people have voted a different person.

Tell Tinubu to go home and rest.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by LionTiger(m): 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
Much ado about nothing.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Penguin2: 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2022
jkpbestseries:
Atiku has won 2023 elections already

Will votes from Northwest and Northeast alone make Atiku president?

Or where in the South is Atiku expecting his votes?

10 Likes

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by MadeInTokyo: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
grin grin grin
Northerners are playing game of thrones with the divided south
There is a grand conspiracy by the Northerners to give Block votes to Atiku, and the Northern masses are already displaying, they will queue on election day and vote Atiku enmasse.
That Muslim Muslim ticket Tinubu was expecting the Northerners to queue behind him, can't even save Tinubu from being disgraced heavily in the North on election day.
All those confused political analyst should keep hallucinating that the Northerners will vote Tinubu over Atiku, they should continue their day dreaming. Reality will dawn on them when results are being announced from the North on February 24th 2023

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by VEXT: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Yoruba muslims think they are wise angry grin

I rather vote for atiku than to vote for Pablo Escobar aka tinubu.

Sai obi

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by tillaman(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2022
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by NigeriaIsGreat: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2022
kay1one:

Me? How Can? I Chop Winch Àbí I Dey Craze?

How can I queue behind a man who did NOT employ a single teacher in Anambra in 8 years and leave a man under whose leadership teachers were kings and Queens in Lagos? I craze?

How can I stand with a man with no single investment in Anambra in 8 years and jettison a man with several investments in Lagos? I ma*d?

How can I support a man under whose leadership State medical doctors went into strike action for 13 months leaving a man who e'en built more medical facilities in Lagos? Dem swear for me?

How can I run after a man whose name appeared in the list of corrupt politicians outside the country (Pandora papers) and leave a man with no single conviction? Mo ya wèrè ni?

How can I gravitate towards a man whose driver was caught with N250m he was trying to launder for him and leave a man with clean bill of slate in Lagos? Nígbàtí mi kìí se òdè.

How can I canvass support for a man who refused to pay salaries of workers of State Water Corporation Board for 7 years leaving over 200 of them to die in penury and abandon a man whose workers' welfare was a top priority? I no well?

How can I advocate for a man under whose leadership unwarranted killings (Akwuzu SARS) was rife and ignore a man with many firsts and milestones? I sick?

How can I evangelise politically for a man under whose leadership the State University in Awka went on 6-month strike action and forget a man who even donated N1B to the State University recently to further develop it? I drank Mpkurumiri ni?

How can I, in my sane state of mind drum support for a man who's been exporting job opportunities outside Nigeria in o'er 30 years by importing groceries and wines, devaluing our Naira and run down a man who invested heavily in the economy with many families � drawing their living standard from their? Mo fa'gbó yó ni?

How on earth can anyone tell me to leave gold for 'panda' àbí na Pandora?

Same Obi with no signature investment in Anambra?

Same Obi with no IGR growth?

Same Obi with no visible infrastructure?

Same Obi with no strong IGR?

Same Obi who invested public funds in his family business?

Same Obi who refused to conduct Local Government election for years under his watch?

Abeg, make una dey reason well na.

I chop winch àbí I dey craze to carry a liability for head like Gala? See, I'm not driven by emotions, but reality.

Asiwaju is a sellable product with sterling antecedents.

I am Omogbolahan L.A BABAWALE and I say #AsiwajuIsComing. The #BATKSM2023 ticket of governance eldorado

38 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by tuniski: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2022
kay1one:

Obi is a distraction!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by MadeInTokyo: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
kay1one:

Obi that will align for Atiku few weeks to Election.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by jkpbestseries: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
atiku will win in south south and south east

Penguin2:

Will votes from Northwest and Northeast alone make Atiku president?

Or where in the South is Atiku expecting his votes?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Penguin2: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2022
jkpbestseries:
atiku will win in south south and south east

Ok.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Fkmodhi: 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
Prostitute politicians...

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by obyrich(m): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2022
Jones4190:

How is it this related to the topic? It will also go down in history that Buhari commissioned the first tolled bridge by FG in the South East/South South.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by kay1one(m): 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

How can I queue behind a man who did NOT employ a single teacher in Anambra in 8 years and leave a man under whose leadership teachers were kings and Queens in Lagos? I craze?

How can I stand with a man with no single investment in Anambra in 8 years and jettison a man with several investments in Lagos? I ma*d?

How can I support a man under whose leadership State medical doctors went into strike action for 13 months leaving a man who e'en built more medical facilities in Lagos? Dem swear for me?

How can I run after a man whose name appeared in the list of corrupt politicians outside the country (Pandora papers) and leave a man with no single conviction? Mo ya wèrè ni?

How can I gravitate towards a man whose driver was caught with N250m he was trying to launder for him and leave a man with clean bill of slate in Lagos? Nígbàtí mi kìí se òdè.

How can I canvass support for a man who refused to pay salaries of workers of State Water Corporation Board for 7 years leaving over 200 of them to die in penury and abandon a man whose workers' welfare was a top priority? I no well?

How can I advocate for a man under whose leadership unwarranted killings (Akwuzu SARS) was rife and ignore a man with many firsts and milestones? I sick?

How can I evangelise politically for a man under whose leadership the State University in Awka went on 6-month strike action and forget a man who even donated N1B to the State University recently to further develop it? I drank Mpkurumiri ni?

How can I, in my sane state of mind drum support for a man who's been exporting job opportunities outside Nigeria in o'er 30 years by importing groceries and wines, devaluing our Naira and run down a man who invested heavily in the economy with many families � drawing their living standard from their? Mo fa'gbó yó ni?

Same Obi who refused to conduct Local Government election for years under his watch?

I chop winch àbí I dey craze to carry a liability for head like Gala? See, I'm not driven by emotions, but reality.

I am Omogbolahan L.A BABAWALE and I say #AsiwajuIsComing. The #BATKSM2023 ticket of governance eldorado

Where you copy this crap from? cheesy cheesy grin

18 Likes

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2022
kay1one:

Where you copy this crap from? cheesy cheesy grin
Hahahahahahahaha

You go cry blood after the election no worry Nwanne grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Nonexisting: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
I thought they said he was going to defect to APC. Tinubu urchins right now.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by NigeriaIsGreat: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
VEXT:
Yoruba muslims think they are wise angry grin

I rather vote for atiku than to vote for Pablo Escobar aka tinubu.

Sai obi
Hahahahaha You go cry blood for Biafra after the election no worry Nwanne

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Bontafa: 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Hahahahaha You go cry blood for Biafra after the election no worry Nwanne

Faulty robot . you no get another thing to talk than being a fool ?

9 Likes

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by kay1one(m): 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Hahahahahahahaha

You go cry blood after the election no worry Nwanne grin grin

Why Na? When my candidate go win? cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by XerXers: 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
Agbado master in the mud. Where is Tinubu's stronghold?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Jets Back To Nigeria To Receive Shekarau Into PDP by Techstar: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:

Obi took Anarmbra from number 26 to number 1 in WAEC. And you are saying he didn't employ new teachers in 8yrs. If what you claim is true, then he deserves a Nobel prize for bringing the best out of people. grin cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fact Check: Did Prof Aderinto Call Tinubu's Win "Stolen Mandate"? / FG Officially Removes Subsidy - African Spotlight / NANS Makes U-Turn, Joins June 12 Protest In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.