Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Pls Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Advice (865 Views)

My Ex Wants Me To Marry Her Best Friend, Pls Advice. / My Best Friend Dating My Ex Pls Advice / She Lied For Been A Virgin For 3 Yrs. Pls Advice Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice by funso77(m): 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2011
Hi Nairalanders, i have a concern which haunts me day and nite. I have a lady/woman that i want to get married to. We have courted for close to three years now and once in a while, actually we get into deep discussions about marriage and spending our lives together. Things has been this way for a while now and i intend taking it more serious than where we left off but she insists that we ask our Pastor if truly we were meant to be together. To me, i believe in the saying that: He who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtain favour from the Lord". I found her, we are together, let's tell the Pastor of our intentions and he prays for us until the date chosen arrives. But she sees otherwise and believe that the porgress of our 3 years relationship greatly depends on our Pastor's prophecy. What should i do?
Re: Pls Advice by iyatrustee(f): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
i dont think she is ready for marriage yet. she should have a mind of her own and follow her own intution. dont be surprised that even if you succeed in marrying her, all the decisions along the way would be based on either her pastor's, parents or even friends views.
Re: Pls Advice by Mynd44: 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2011
The lady/woman has not spent enough time in her mother's house.
Re: Pls Advice by MMM2(m): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
op
what is ur problem now angry
Re: Pls Advice by pendo89(f): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2011
seriously some things make me soo sick.Sick to the core.
Okay ask her to marry the pastor.Is the pastor God? they make the worst mistakes.
Next she will be asking the pastor when she can have kids with you,when to have sex with you,when and what to cook for you!
I mean you are going to have a very very miserable marriage dude. Infact you will be marrying 2 people her and pastor!
Re: Pls Advice by rose75(f): 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mind you,the pastor will also tell you when to start making babies if you concede.
You pple should rather pray for God's Guidance, seems she's unsure.
Don't rush her though, she may not be your wife. Our ways are not God's ways.
However, Goodluck!!!
Re: Pls Advice by funso77(m): 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
insightful advices. thanks a lot guys for your responses. what i can learn so far is that everyone points towards a direction, signifying that she's not ready yet and i very well agree with you all. It will just take more time for her to come to her decisions and i will just let her do that. it makes no sense to me trying to win her over anymore. i will let her make her decision when she's ready. thanks guys.
Re: Pls Advice by funso77(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2011
your replies about the Pastor, can i talk it over with her? i mean the decisions that we cannot make on our own unless prophecies are sought? just wanna know.
Re: Pls Advice by webcam(m): 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
@poster throw her out and move on, this type of woman they do let pastor rule there home
Re: Pls Advice by Mynd44: 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2011
Go and bribe the Pastor
Re: Pls Advice by iyatrustee(f): 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^ur signature is badt! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pls Advice by Mynd44: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Pls Advice by claremont(m): 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2011
@OP: The absolute worst thing you can do to your relationship is to base it on religion, you are creating a perfect recipe for disaster!
Re: Pls Advice by deniyor: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
pendo89:

seriously some things make me soo sick.Sick to the core.
Okay ask her to marry the pastor.Is the pastor God? they make the worst mistakes.
Next she will be asking the pastor when she can have kids with you,when to Be Intimate with you,when and what to cook for you!
I mean you are going to have a very very miserable marriage dude. Infact you will be marrying 2 people her and pastor!

GBAM!!! The lady is not mature to think for herself yet!
Re: Pls Advice by cantell(m): 7:14pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mynd_44:

The lady/woman has not spent enough time in her mother's house.
Gbam!
@op,
Tell her to marry her pastor!
Re: Pls Advice by kokoye(m): 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
I thought Christ was supposed to be the head of the household.
Re: Pls Advice by livedit(f): 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
Another touchy subject. It's possible she is still unsure. This is why you two would go to the pastor for marriage counciling first to determine rather or not you two are suitable partners.  Livedit not the one to seek the "pastor" rather than "God" about MY life.  Your pastor is praying to the same God.  Maybe you can try explaining that to her. Just let her know the both of you can ask the pastor to pray over your marriage, but leaving it up to the pastor for the final judgement is not a good idea.  Pastors too can miss it.  That definitely was the case with my now husband.  If she is still reluctant about it, she just maybe scared and/or unsure that you are meant to be her future husband for in which case, you either know or you don't.  You want to be 100 percent sure this is your wife and vice versa before entering into something so sacred.
Re: Pls Advice by lindabon: 8:35pm On Aug 08, 2011
@OP
u need to let her know how naive she is being. the pastor is nobody to determine ur union. if she wants to use the christian angle, does she want to tell me that the pastor is her God? so, what if the pastor does not permit ur union, is she going to agree wit d pastor and dump u? she can pray on her own and get wateva response she wants from God. unless her pastor is God himself. if not, then i fink you need to give her a reality check undecided undecided undecided
Re: Pls Advice by OpaOpa: 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
@ poster: I would not know - as no one can really know except her - why your partner keeps insisting on asking a pastor if you were truly meant to be together; well news flash: no one is able to tell authoritatively who is and who is not meant to be together.

You should question yourself on her real interest to get married now or to you, otherwise there are just as many good-natured women with as much virtues to show and share out there who are prepared mentally, and in every way possible to tie the knot with a man who is equally as ready.

No time, wake up!
Re: Pls Advice by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2011
kokoye:

I thought Christ was supposed to be the head of the household.
Thank GOD you CHRIST and not some FAKE A SS THIEVING SCHEMING PASTOR! undecided
Re: Pls Advice by kokoye(m): 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^

I wont blame the pastor.

I blame the person who has decided to make the pastor the head of their household.
Re: Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^^The LEVEL of IGNORANCE of religious BIGOTS these days is rather STAGGERING! Waiting for your PASTOR'S PROPHECY!!! Why date him/her in the first place? Why not just ask your pastor to provide you a wife/husband? With the way people are always calling GOD into the simplest issues, i sometimes wonder why the same GOD gave them a BRAIN and a CONSCIENCE! undecided
Re: Pls Advice by kokoye(m): 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^

The same reason why God must surely be laughing at some people right now.

He gave you common sense for a reason. . .use it.

God bless us all.
Re: Pls Advice by Mynd44: 2:14am On Aug 09, 2011
Very soon, girls will be asking for their pastor's permission to give their husband punny
Re: Pls Advice by kpolli(m): 10:58am On Aug 09, 2011
funso77:

Hi Nairalanders, i have a concern which haunts me day and nite. I have a lady/woman that i want to get married to. We have courted for close to three years now and once in a while, actually we get into deep discussions about marriage and spending our lives together. Things has been this way for a while now and i intend taking it more serious than where we left off but she insists that we ask our Pastor if truly we were meant to be together. To me, i believe in the saying that: He who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtain favour from the Lord". I found her, we are together, let's tell the Pastor of our intentions and he prays for us until the date chosen arrives. But she sees otherwise and believe that the[b] progress of our 3 years relationship greatly depends on our Pastor's prophecy[/b]. What should i do?

What progress? What ever happened by herself. . . . .
Re: Pls Advice by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2011
@op, i knw her type. U r abt to marry an extremistic and religion bigot!

(1) (Reply)

Useful Tip For Sustainance This Xmas / Is It Wrong To Get Into Your Dates Car? / 10 Things Men Want Their Wives To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.