Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax (18699 Views)

Man Utd Sign Van De Beek From Ajax On A 5-Year Deal / Sancho & Man United 'Agree Terms On A 5-Year Contract Worth £340,000 Per Week / Barcelona Signs Frenkie De Jong From Ajax For £75m (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by Starzo: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2022
ViceGovernor:

Stop deceiving yourself....this guy is just another flop waiting to show himself

100 million for a guy that scored less than 10 goals playing for Ajax in the ditch league and man u fans think it's a good deal

Bw the fans and the management I nor know which one mumu pass

4 Likes

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by silvercute(m): 8:04am On Aug 29, 2022
Vinnie2000:

You are VERY wrong in ur analysis.

Man U signed Van der saar from Fulham.
Signed Van persie from Arsenal.
And Ibrahimovic from PSG.

They did not come directly from Ajax.

Most Man u signings from Dutch league were flops. e.g. Depay, Blind, van der beek, etc.

And you’re an expert in Dutch transfers to forget how Nistelrooy performed wonderfully in Man Utd after been bought from PSV Eindhoven.

6 Likes

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by maxiart2(m): 8:04am On Aug 29, 2022
Geovanni412:

4 assists in a Potato league. Why man utd Dey do like this? The max dem suppose pay for Antony na 50-60 million...if you ask me based on im champions league performances wey I see. He is good but obviously has a lot of room for improvement. Like this now, Antony Dey more expensive than Haaland- no be juju be that!

Sometimes, prices are not only determined by actual their worth but by demand and supply.
Man U needed him badly but Ajax never wanted to sell initially. Then Man U later increased their offer on order to convince Ajax to sell.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by silvercute(m): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2022
Starzo:

100 million for a guy that scored less than 10 goals playing for Ajax in the ditch league and man u fans think it's a good deal

Bw the fans and the management I nor know which one mumu pass

How many goals has grealish scored since being bought from Aston Villa. He’s warming the City bench with 100m price tag. Abeg make we hear word

4 Likes

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by sprints1: 8:06am On Aug 29, 2022
I don't know why man utd is always doing like this and it pains me tbh as a man utd fan this is not good at all. Why will you buy an unproven player like Anthony, Chelsea are still suffering from Hakim ziyech who was even better than Anthony while he was there. That guy is overpriced and moreover I have seen his game he is not worth the price at all. This ten hag is indeed a shallow manager he only chases players from his former club from timber to de jong to Martinez to Antony he cannot even look elsewhere. That money would have been better spent on Allan saint maximin or even loan adama traore at least that one sabi assist past antony. There are cheaper alternatives like moussa diaby of Leverkusen but trust man utd they will rather go for overpriced players. Now ajax has made €167m from manutd alone this season.

2 Likes

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by Voldoz: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2022
obembet:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1563958811777552385?t=iOWvf732U0B35A4CwpCSaA&s=19

United went all the way for him cause ETH wanted him and he went on strike for them so it's only fair they pay that amount for him. Moreover Malacia and Martinez has being magnificent so far so Antony will follow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by Voldoz: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2022
sprints1:
I don't know why man utd is always doing like this and it pains me tbh as a man utd fan this is not good at all. Why will you buy an unproven player like Anthony, Chelsea are still suffering from Hakim ziyech who was even better than Anthony while he was there. That guy is overpriced and moreover I have seen his game he is not worth the price at all. This ten hag is indeed a shallow manager he only chases players from his former club from timber to de jong to Martinez to Antony he cannot even look elsewhere. That money would have been better spent on Allan saint maximin or even loan adama traore at least that one sabi assist past antony. There are cheaper alternatives like moussa diaby of Leverkusen but trust man utd they will rather go for overpriced players. Now ajax has made €167m from manutd alone this season.

Malacia worth more than his price tag, Martinez same so let's believe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by judedwriter(m): 8:14am On Aug 29, 2022
Solofresh2:
Won't stop Man United from relegating this season

No, man utd won't be relegated.

But I believe they will qualify for champions league if they keep up the present form.

Unlike previous coaches, Eric ten hag is given much control over the team and its a good sign of progress.

Who benches CR7?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by princewarri1985: 8:14am On Aug 29, 2022
obembet:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1563958811777552385?t=iOWvf732U0B35A4CwpCSaA&s=19
Nice signing! I'm glad my manchester united are now spending the money. I'm begging united in the name of jesus christ to please throw Harry maguire away and the problem of manchester united will be solved completely.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by CeazerMafia22(m): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2022
ViceGovernor:

I do hope they end in the bottom of the table grin
That club has become a joke and they clearly have more money than sense .

How can they buy this guy for 100m undecided
yes the money is huge, but I know he will deliver, at least he's better than Trashford and Sancho combined.

2 Likes

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by mickyfab: 8:21am On Aug 29, 2022
How can this guy be worth 100m for God sake,playing in dutch league that is not even considered among top 7 leagues in the world.I tire o
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by MrLankeeee(m): 8:23am On Aug 29, 2022
CeazerMafia22:
Very happy about this deal.
it's definitely a good signing smiley

grin grin grin grin
what if them win EPL??

1 Like

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by MrLankeeee(m): 8:25am On Aug 29, 2022
Voldoz:

Malacia worth more than his price tag, Martinez same so let's believe.

CORRECT
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by Truvelisback(m): 8:25am On Aug 29, 2022
obembet:

That money is too much for that guy. He doesn't worth that money. They would have used that same money to buy Newcastle winger/attacker Maximin, Change would still remain to buy another player.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by frankson1(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2022
CeazerMafia22:
Very happy about this deal.
it's definitely a good signing smiley

We need a natural striker and a Right-Back before the close of this transfer window.

1 Like

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by ceeceeco: 8:31am On Aug 29, 2022
ViceGovernor:

Stop deceiving yourself....this guy is just another flop waiting to show himself
Just shut up & mind your business & face your own club. And if I may ask, if he's a flop, how does it affect/concern you? My friend face your front! Amibo.

5 Likes

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by DownChelsea(f): 8:31am On Aug 29, 2022
phr0nesis:

With United's excess wealth, they still can't pay up their debts.

Like most clubs or business entities?

Yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by frankson1(m): 8:31am On Aug 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
That money is too much for that guy. He doesn't worth that money. They would have used that same money to buy Newcastle winger/attacker Maximin, Change would still remain to buy another player.

Maximin or whatever his name is, is not consistent and he plays like a secondary school boy most of the times.

4 Likes

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by DownChelsea(f): 8:32am On Aug 29, 2022
Starzo:

Your stadium is rooting away

Glazers are borrowing money from the bank in United's name to buy these overpriced average players and using the remainder to flex in USA

That's why Gary Neville is shouting everyday on skysports for man u fans to protest and kick the glazers out.

Man u nor get money...na loan dey sustain them

Have you asked yourself why you can't borrow 1 million naira, yet Dangote can borrow 10 billion dollars?

4 Likes

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by yomi531(m): 8:32am On Aug 29, 2022
It Reminds me of the lovely Bollywood movie I watched as a kid. Amar, Akbar, Anthony. We now have Ronaldo , Rashford , Anthony. EPL in trouble grin
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by Truvelisback(m): 8:34am On Aug 29, 2022
frankson1:

Maximin or whatever his name is, is not consistent and he plays like a secondary school boy most of the times.
Na lie. Were u expecting a winger to score goals all the time?
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by Kyase(m): 8:35am On Aug 29, 2022
Ray07:
Before you come here with the €100mil troll remember;
✅ Unders. the currency rate
✅ he is 22yrs
✅ it’s £84 million
✅we’ve lacked that profile for years
✅ city bought 25yr old JG for £100 million
✅ Chelsea bought 28 year old RL for £97.5 million
✅ 23yr Darwin same price sad

We are pleased with the signing.
fergie001 Angelfrost kyase lamasta dfrost, come help us celebrate abeg grin

We are winning the league either this season or next
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by sprints1: 8:36am On Aug 29, 2022
frankson1:

maximam is not consistent, joke of the century nobody is better than in the world than maximin in the world in a 1v1 situation. Ask guardiola what he did to city and look at how he has developed this season just like prime Dmitri payet
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by kezu(m): 8:38am On Aug 29, 2022
The transfer fee is outrageous,i hope he delivers as expected

1 Like

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by Whyte96(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2022
Imagine... Money don spoil football
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by frankson1(m): 8:40am On Aug 29, 2022
sprints1:

Well, so far, the players(s) from his former club haven't let the team down.

How many games have you seen Maximin play and I'm not talking about clips undecided
Maximin is a good player no doubt but he still plays like a school boy.
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by frankson1(m): 8:47am On Aug 29, 2022
sprints1:
maximam is not consistent, joke of the century nobody is better than in the world than maximin in the world in a 1v1 situation. Ask guardiola what he did to city and look at how he has developed this season just like prime Dmitri payet

The City game was just a one-off, the reason I clearly stated that he is inconsistent. Did you see the last game.. someone who sometimes runs like a headless chicken undecided

Look, he and Zaha are in the same category 'no dey argue abeg'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by Broveens42(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2022
frankson1:

Well, so far, the players(s) from his former club haven't let the team down.

How many games have you seen Maximin play and I'm not talking about clips undecided
Maximin is a good player no doubt but he still plays like a school boy.

Very true. Let FIFA introduce a 5-aside soccer league, max will easily win the world best back to back for that category
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by frankson1(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2022
Truvelisback:
Na lie. Were u expecting a winger to score goals all the time?

I never stated that he doesn't score goals undecided
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 29, 2022
Y is it that Man U don't price players like their other teams, just see the huge money they re about to waste on a useless player, if I'm d manager of Man U I would av sold more than half of man u players and buy good quality players to support CR7,

Kevin De bruyne
Bernardo silva
Thomas muller
Gotze
Re: Manchested United Agree Deal To Sign Antony From Ajax by DownChelsea(f): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2022
Heathrow44:
Y is it that Man U don't price players like their other teams, just see the huge money they re about to waste on a useless player, if I'm d manager of Man U I would av sold more than half of man u players and buy good quality players to support CR7,

Kevin De bruyne
Bernardo silva
Thomas muller
Gotze

United isn't complaining.

Or, are they?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Highlights Of Nigeria Vs Czech Republic (Video) / Nneka Ogwumike: WNBAs Most Valuable Player 2016 / Ballon D'or: Kylian Mbappe Wins Best Under-21 Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.