Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States (22285 Views)

Dele Alake: The Golden Voice Of Tinubu's Presidency - Omo-Ikirodah / APC Governorship Candidates Face Biggest Battles In Opposition States / BREAKING: AlphaBeta MD Dapo Apara Blows Whistle Accuses Firm Of Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by snoopz: 10:05am On Aug 29, 2022
In Lagos, if tinubu is really the owner, then is it right for him to use his own company as the sole tax agency and is it the same amount alphabeta is collecting as its own share the same other states are paying?
I trust Kwara Dem no get that kin luxury to dey pay humongous money at the end of the month to alpha
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by hush15: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

NITEL can also provide telecoms.

Question is do they really?

Why would you compare NITEL to LIRS or FIRS even if we are to scale it up rightly? Is NITEL a tax collector?
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by Parachoko: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2022
hush15:

Yes o. Extremely Jealous so that this our nation will not go bankrupt. So many thing to say or ask about this statement from an ignoramus.

Firstly, if AlphaBeta is the revenue collector for these states, is that the reason why we should dash him the presidency? Besides, with service charges from those States, what does he want from the presidency again except power to control the entire economy. Now we see how he is able to afford dashing and sponsoring politicians and states claiming he made them whereas Tax payers money made these ungrateful lots.

Also, i am pretty sure Lagos State was their first client and they pride themselves in how much they were able to turn around the fortunes of the state cos of volume they record in revenue generation however, we don't hear about such turn around in these other states which raise the question, why? Are they bereft of ideas because Lagos is an easy cash cow since their principal is a political godfather in the state! Till today, LASG cannot come clean with its revenue generation and what Alphabeta collects as commission or service charge.

Alpha Beta is a fraud. Private Companies should not be a revenue collector for State Governments. It's recipe for corruption and money laundering.
Take your evidence to court

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by etrouble: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2022
yomi961:
That doesn't change anything.
It is still a condit pipe to steal our common wealth.
Tinubu is a diaster waiting to happen.
No yoruba Christian will vote APC come 2023, they decieved us and made us to believe that GEJ was the problem, now our eyes have opened to there game plan.
We all heard what happened in owo and what is happening in kaduna a Muslim Muslim state.
We yoruba Christian reject APC and there Muslim Muslim tticket

But you did not reject Osun PDP's Christian - Christian ticket. Did you? You need psychiatric evaluation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by Parachoko: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2022
chucks185:
you must be tribalistic, stupid, or have slave mentality for supporting a sick, fragile, aged, corrupt man who has lost touch with reality over someone who is smarter, stronger and younger. Sometimes I think a lot of you are sick and evil in your being. how can you support evil over good? Are you insane, who's jealous of old man who should be in elderly home?
I don't have time for shallow people like you.
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by rusher14: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2022
hush15:

Why would you compare NITEL to LIRS or FIRS even if we are to scale it up rightly? Is NITEL a tax collector?

There is no difference in the philosophy.

Private enterprise always does better than public especially in Africa.

In UK, everyone is on NHS yet many still have private health insurance because you can be sure to receive better, urgent and efficient treatment.

Just say you are bitter.

I don't see you complaining about Ned Nwoko doing similar.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by NOHOLDSBAR: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2022
CheapHomes1:

you didnt anwser the questions...how does lagos look and feel that nigerians should prefer nigeria to look and feel like lagos? how much of lagos is tinubu responsible for?

was lagos not in existence before tinubu before became governor? what type of influence did tinubu have in promoting "the next 3 candidates for Lagos State Governor"? what has that got to do with what i asked you?

what plans are tinubus successors carrying out that emerged from tinubu? who owns BRT? how many lagosians can afford to live in eko atlantic? what tax system and what are the "many many more"?

Answer what question? I don't need to answer any infantile unecessary questions for Nigerians.
Allow Nigerians to answer why they are all running to Lagos from the SE NE NW and rest of Nigeria. Allow Obi himself to answer why he left. Awka and relocated to Lagos right after leaving office. I don't need to answer for all Nigerians moving to Lagos on daily basis, let them do that.

My theory is very simple and doesn't deserve any argument or long speech. If you prefer the feel and look of Anambra which Obi governed for8 years then go and vote for him. If you prefer the feel and look pf Lagos then vote for Tinubu because the also Governed Lagos for 8 years and is the architect of a lot of the projects on ground now.
You said how many people can afford EKo Atlantic? Was it designed for the average income civil servant to live there? NO
There are always many developments all over the world where the average person cannot afford to buy.
I have travelled all over the world and I can tell you that any city or community, you will always find exclusive domain even within any city or community. How many people living in Atlanta can afford to buy a house in Alpharetta or even the new Atlantic Station?
In fact the new Atlantic Station in Atlanta is surrounded by bunch of poor people living in projects not to talk of super poor who are homeless all over the City of Atlanta and so many of them within steps of Atlantic Station. In fact the Atlantic Station in Atlanta was built on lands where the very poor used to live. they removed them and build this new community.

It's not if the poor can live there that matters, what matters is the economic impact of any project on the rich and the poor. There's no way you are going to build such projects that you will not employ even the poor to work their during and after construction.
Thet US govt is spending 500 Million dollars to build the world's largest consulate in Eko Allantic. That kind of investment will trickle down even to the poorest in form of economic spending. People will supply building materials, food vendors will sell food around the area, transporters will transport building materials and people to and form the site, daily labor will be gainfully employed until the project is done, engineers will be employed and paid. They will in turn used money earned to buy food, send their kids to school and so on and so fort.
That's how real economy works not just who can afford to live there.

Your view is very myopic and very narrow, broaden your world view horizon and see the bigger picture.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by rusher14: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2022
snoopz:
In Lagos, if tinubu is really the owner, then is it right for him to use his own company as the sole tax agency and is it the same amount alphabeta is collecting as its own share the same other states are paying?
I trust Kwara Dem no get that kin luxury to dey pay humongous money at the end of the month to alpha

You don't pay a fee, you pay a commission based on milestones.

There's a difference.
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by rusher14: 10:13am On Aug 29, 2022
NOHOLDSBAR:

Answer what question? I don't need to answer any infantile unecessary questions for Nigerians.
Allow Nigerians to answer why they are all running to Lagos from the SE NE NW and rest of Nigeria. Allow Obi himself to answer why he left. Awka and relocated to Lagos right after leaving office. I don't need to answer for all Nigerians moving to Lagos on daily basis, let them do that.

My theory is very simple and doesn't deserve any argument or long speech. If you prefer the feel and look of Anambra which Obi governed for8 years then go and vote for him. If you prefer the feel and look pf Lagos then vote for Tinubu because the also Governed Lagos for 8 years and is the architect of a lot of the projects on ground now.
You said how many people can afford EKo Atlantic? Was it designed for the average income civil servant to live there? NO
There are always many developments all over the world where the average person cannot afford to buy.
I have travelled all over the world and I can tell you that any city or community, you will always find exclusive domain even within any city or community. How many people living in Atlanta can afford to buy a house in Alpharetta or even the new Atlantic Station?
In fact the new Atlantic Station in Atlanta is surrounded by bunch of poor people living in projects not to talk of super poor who are homeless all over the City of Atlanta and so many of them within steps of Atlantic Station. In fact the Atlantic Station in Atlanta was built on lands where the very poor used to live. they removed them and build this new community.

It's not if the poor can live there that matters, what matters is the economic impact of any project on the rich and the poor. There's no way you are going to build such projects that you will not employ even the poor to work their during and after construction.
Thet US govt is spending 500 Million dollars to build the world's largest consulate in Eko Allantic. That kind of investment will trickle down even to the poorest in form of economic spending. People will supply building materials, food vendors will sell food around the area, transporters will transport building materials and people to and form the site, daily labor will be gainfully employed until the project is done, engineers will be employed and paid. They will in turn used money earned to buy food, send their kids to school and so on and so fort.

Your view is very myopic and very narrow, broaden your world view horizon and see the bigger picture.

Most of these bitter folks are unexposed and unlettered.

They always assume things about foreign lands without having lived it themselves.

They want all the accoutrements of the advanced world without wanting to pay the price.

It's a sad development that clannishness rules in Nigeria.

Any other part of the world Obi would not even dream of being a senator.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by hush15: 10:16am On Aug 29, 2022
snoopz:

You will be surprised they are... and am sure those in charge are using that agency as a milk cow for themselves cos those kinda of contracts or arrangement must definitely have some kickbacks. Else, there won't be any agreement. The Governor cannot expressly approve it without the State Assembly and for the Assembly to pass it, ofcourse, elbows will be greased through Mr Speaker. As for Lagos, we know that the erstwhile governor and still governor by extension is an emperor in his state and his cronies at the State Assembly are his accomplices. As forother states, I know the governors too are benefitting but not in the magnitude of Lagos.
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by hush15: 10:20am On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

There is no difference in the philosophy.

Private enterprise always does better than public especially in Africa.

In UK, everyone is on NHS yet many still have private health insurance because you can be sure to receive better, urgent and efficient treatment.

Just say you are bitter.

I don't see you complaining about Ned Nwoko doing similar.

Ned Nwoko is no different and I agree but this is where the tides changes, he is no a revenue collector but a repo man. His service are repo services where taxs are overpaid or debts overserviced or even repatriated funds, not collecting day to day taxes from citizens
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by hush15: 10:20am On Aug 29, 2022
Parachoko:
Take your evidence to court

All na time
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by rusher14: 10:20am On Aug 29, 2022
IgweBUIKE1:
I liked your post... But pls talking about igr... Compare the number of industries and population of both Anambra and Lagos State...?

Compare that of Nigeria.
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by Oshin56(m): 10:22am On Aug 29, 2022
wolebest:

Where are you from?
You better start from what did Lateef Jakande do for Lagos?
thanks you sir, Lateef Jakande of his blessed memory was the best governor of Lagos state. Most of the plan been implemented now at Lagos was Jakande plan.
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by rusher14: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2022
hush15:

Ned Nwoko is no different and I agree but this is where the tides changes, he is no a revenue collector but a repo man. His service are repo services where taxs are overpaid or debts overserviced or even repatriated funds, not collecting day to day taxes from citizens

Consultancies abound everywhere in the world.

Tinubu did not invent the act of private establishments helping government to increase revenue, he adopted its use in Nigeria and should be applauded for it.

Not vilified.

I don't understand this fixation on who rather than on what.

Is it effective?

Has government benefitted?

Do people lose their homes or well-being as a result?

What exactly is the complaint?

2 Likes

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by Demolakay: 10:24am On Aug 29, 2022
Omonieme:
That's where the data from the state's accountant general's office comes in. He did poorly compared to his predecessor and successor. He performed just above average as governor

Same as all governors in Nigeria. Tell me a governor who performed above average in Nigeria, excluding dose in d 70's nd 80's. We just celebrate deir mediocre performance.

Obiano performed Dan obi infrastructure wise,bt he left d state in serious debt. Soludo himself confirmed Afta his inauguration,dat deir is no money in government coffers, at d same time, d state is in serious debt

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by hush15: 10:24am On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

Consultancies abound everywhere in the world.

Tinubu did not invent the act of private establishments helping government to increase revenue, he adopted its use in Nigeria and should be applauded for it.

Not vilified.

I don't understand this fixation on who rather than on what.

Is it effective?

Has government benefitted?

Do people lose their homes or well-being as a result?

What exactly is the complaint?

Conflict of Interest... the very reason he can boldly claim, emilokan. Terrible sense of entitlement
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by OnyeObodo: 10:24am On Aug 29, 2022
JoshTim:
You dey mind yeebos. Very bitter lots, ungrateful and backbiters.

Tell them that there is life after 2023. They will come back and tell us stories of how they have been left out and maligned in the scheme of things after wasting their votes.

God punish your soul and liquidate your destiny for your comment about Igbos.

May your generation perish. Amen
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by NOHOLDSBAR: 10:26am On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

Most of these bitter folks are unexposed and unlettered.

They always assume things about foreign lands without having lived it themselves.

They want all the accoutrements of the advanced world without wanting to pay the price.

It's a sad development that clannishness rules in Nigeria.

Any other part of the world Obi would not even dream of being a senator.

Aptly stated.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by CheapHomes1: 10:27am On Aug 29, 2022
Owopariola001:

If you know that the government is not broke, the onus is on you to prove otherwise. The government has said it's broke."

Government itself says it's broke, not me.

Because we are spending more than what we earn. Or we earning lesser than what we spend.

They employ Alpha Beta consulting as outsourced business partners to help them generate more revenue like that of Lagos State.

By drawing private investors to the country, there is an increase in upfront financing that the government or other funder only repays plus profits through social service programs, start-ups, seed financing, etc, into public service financing.

If you still don't understand this, it is either this discourse is above your knowledge or you're only trying to prove too smart by half. cheesy cheesy

I didnt say government is broke or it isnt broke. you are the one who said government is broke. my question is that is government actually broke just because it says that it is broke?

if you say nigeria is spending more than it earns, thats why i asked you earlier, Why are our expenditures now growing over our revenue? why is the government of nigeria spending more than it earns?

so who owns alpha beta and when did it start generating revenue for lagos state?

pls what does this mean: "...increase in upfront financing that the government or other funder only repays plus profits through social service programs, start-ups, seed financing, etc, into public service financing."
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by rusher14: 10:29am On Aug 29, 2022
Oshin56:
thanks you sir, Lateef Jakande of his blessed memory was the best governor of Lagos state. Most of the plan been implemented now at Lagos was Jakande plan.

Jakande did well but he did not open the Lekki-Ajah and Epe axis for business, Tinubu did.

Billionaires from as far as Abakaliki have been made from this development alone.

Jakande's classrooms were derided as being poultries back in the day.

There were no BRT lanes in his time.

There was nothing like the EPZ zone is his time.

Certainly no Eko Atlantic or efficient policing system.

Lagos, despite being overwhelmed with the influx of new residents everyday, surpasses all other states in terms of security.

Ingratitude leads to misery.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by rusher14: 10:31am On Aug 29, 2022
hush15:

Conflict of Interest... the very reason he can boldly claim, emilokan. Terrible sense of entitlement

Conflict of interest- you mean like Obi/Next/SABMiller?

Or that one isn't a clear case?

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by Owopariola001: 10:34am On Aug 29, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I didnt say government is broke or it isnt broke. you are the one who said government is broke. my question is that is government actually broke just because it says that it is broke?

Yes, government is broke because they said so, and no reputable body in government financial matters has come out to say otherwise. If you don't agree, the onus is on you to prove otherwise.

if you say nigeria is spending more than it earns, thats why i asked you earlier, Why are our expenditures now growing over our revenue? why is the government of Nigeria spending more than it earns?

Because the Nigerian government wants to meet the demands of the Nigerians.

so who owns alpha beta and when did it start generating revenue for lagos state?

Check the Alpha Beta Consulting firm website, and click on the "About Us" page.
If you're not satisfied, send them an email and inquire more.

pls what does this mean: "...increase in upfront financing that the government or other funder only repays plus profits through social service programs, start-ups, seed financing, etc, into public service financing."

As I said, this discourse is above your knowledge. Go learn about the advantages of private investment in the economy, then you can come back for this discussion. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by Oshin56(m): 10:35am On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

Jakande did well but he did not open the Lekki-Ajah and Epe axis for business, Tinubu did.

Billionaires from as far as Abakaliki have been made from this development alone.

Jakande's classrooms were derided as being poultries back in the day.

There were no BRT lanes in his time.

There was nothing like the EPZ zone is his time.

Certainly no Eko Atlantic or efficient policing system.

Lagos, despite being overwhelmed with the influx of new residents everyday, surpasses all other states in terms of security.

Ingratitude leads to misery.
someone that didn't spend up to 4years in office that you can mention his achievement compare to someone that spend 8years in office. Sir use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by hush15: 10:35am On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

Conflict of interest- you mean like Obi/Next/SABMiller?

Or that one isn't a clear case?

No I mean like the one of promoting a failure to fuel presidential ambition. Using incompetence as a stepping stone to achieve presidency, so that the standard be set so low so when you give that face-lift which has been what they have been dishing in Lagos, it will look epic.

We see those hidden lines and we refuse to be ignorant of it.

Iba son doesn't doesn't own advertisement billboards all over Anambra. Neither is his daughter the market woman General of her state nor the wife a sitting senator or even the son in law a member of house of rep and it doesn't mean that they not successful either.
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by rusher14: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2022
Oshin56:
someone that didn't spend up to 4years in office that you can mention his achievement compare to someone that spend 8years in office. Sir use your tongue to count your teeth.

See how you are avoiding issues.

Ok tell us what Jakande did in 4 years.

Watch how he would avoid it.
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by Tareq1105: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2022
yomi961:
That doesn't change anything.
It is still a condit pipe to steal our common wealth.
Tinubu is a diaster waiting to happen.
No yoruba Christian will vote APC come 2023, they decieved us and made us to believe that GEJ was the problem, now our eyes have opened to there game plan.
We all heard what happened in owo and what is happening in kaduna a Muslim Muslim state.
We yoruba Christian reject APC and there Muslim Muslim tticket

I'm a Yoruba christian from Ijebu Ode and I'm for Asiwaju.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by rusher14: 10:38am On Aug 29, 2022
hush15:

No I mean like the one of promoting a failure to fuel presidential ambition.

Did I expect you to give any logical argument?

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by CheapHomes1: 10:40am On Aug 29, 2022
NOHOLDSBAR:

You have travelled "all over the world"? wow...thats wonderful. can you tell me the number of countries you have travelled to that makes up that "all over the world"?

you are already getting emotional for someone who doesnt have a myopic view. asking questions is another means of broadening ones views. is that not so?

why wont you want to answer questions for nigerians? you said "if you prefer a Nigeria that looks and feel like Lagos State then vote for Bola Hamed Tinubu as the President of Nigeria". if you said that then you should be able to answer my question how does lagos look and feel that nigerians should prefer nigeria to look and feel like lagos? how much of lagos is tinubu responsible for?

if you say Nigerians "are all running to Lagos from the SE NE NW and rest of Nigeria", when did they start this running?

was lagos not in existence before tinubu before became governor? what type of influence did tinubu have in promoting "the next 3 candidates for Lagos State Governor"? what has that got to do with what i asked you?

what plans are tinubus successors carrying out that emerged from tinubu? who owns BRT? how many lagosians can afford to live in eko atlantic? what tax system and what are the "many many more"?

who are the food vendora that sell food in eko atlantic? where there no transporters transporters transporting people to ekp atlantic area before US decided to build a new consulate inside eko atlantic?

so US spending 500million dollars in eko atlantic will trickle down to the poorest in lagos. that great. that means that every poor person in lagos will get piece of the money right?
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by smith1985(m): 10:41am On Aug 29, 2022
bestman09:
The question Nigerians are asking is, WHO OWNS ALPHABETA? Who are the shareholders, and how much are they collecting from Lagos state monthly as commission?

And should the bat becomes president of Nigeria (God forbid bat-ting) ALPHABETA will now monopolize and squeeze the nation's economy for the interest of one man

you are seriously sick interllectually..a firm that has created job to thousand of people in Nigeria..you concern is about who the owner is..if tunubu has taken it to ghana u would have complain that he is growing ghana economy...your obi u are dieing for dont he own any firm in nigeria? honestly many u need mental rehab.

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by Oshin56(m): 10:43am On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

See how you are avoiding issues.

Ok tell us what Jakande did in 4 years.

Watch how he would avoid it.
he didn't spend up to 4yrs. he was the one that introduce Lagos light rail and secondly google is your friend. I'm not against your candidate but don't let us be myopic in our thinking.
Re: Dele Alake: The Same Alphabeta People Complain Of Is Used By Opposition States by hush15: 10:44am On Aug 29, 2022
rusher14:

Did I expect you to give any logical argument?

Then stop replying and look for your irrational response somewhere else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A British Response To 3,000 Pounds Bond / Amaechi is currently leading in the Best Nigerian Governors Polls (join now) / APC Kicks As NCC Bans Networks From Advertising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.