Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,724 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

The Detective.... � - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Detective.... � (319 Views)

Murder Or Suicide? Test Your Detective Skills. / A Crime Riddle For All Nlanders With Detective Minds / Man Arrested For Posing As A Police Detective To Rob [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Detective.... � by 201dave: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2022
� || Fiction || The Gentleman Detective || �

"I can't find your wife." His eyes twitched, watching me closely, I made sure to keep my face as still and neutral as I can.

"How is that possible? She can't have just disappeared! None of her parents or relatives has seen her." I felt the usual frustration and anger at the thought of where my wife might be, she had been missing for almost two weeks now. "And none of her friends knew where she might be."

The private detective I hired watched me with an eagle eye from where he sat opposite me in my office. I resisted the urge to squirm as his black eyes pierced me. Did he know? My heart beat faster at the thought, how can he know? I swallowed, palm already clammy.

The detective leaned back on his chair, rubbing his beardless chin with his fingers, still studying me.

"Stop it! Okay, I surrender, I know you know." I blurted out, my wife always said I'm bad with lying.

The detective's eyes gleamed. "You do? I must admit, I'm impressed."

"I didn't mean to do it! I swear it just happened, I didn't mean to lose my temper and beat her, and then she ran away an...."

"Stop!"

I stopped, breathing hard. Looking at the detective with wide eyes, the detective looked stunned.

"I wish I can find her quickly so I can apologies.." I stopped as the detective started laughing, he threw up his head, laughing so hard he nearly fell from his chair.

"Hahahahahaha .." I said, feeling a mixture of confusion and annoyance.

As suddenly as he started, he stopped laughing. "I thought you knew about me and what happened." He said, thoughtful as if he was thinking deeply about it.

I looked at him in full confusion now, he stood up and I realized just at that moment how tall and strong he was. "what do you mean?"

He looked at me almost sadly. "I'm a killer." He said bluntly. "I enjoy it, it's my art. And I always liked the look on the faces of the loved ones when I tell I killed who they were looking for. Yes, that's the look."

He nearly moaned the last words as he focused on my face. I looked at him stunned, as it started clicking together. He had approached me himself, that he had heard about my missing wife, he had told me to not involve the police, he had given me proof of genuineness, he had been a perfect gentleman.

He had been enjoying my misery.

I looked at him again at the cock of a gun.

"Let me end your pain." He pointed the gun on my forehead.

At least I'll see her again, that was my last thought before I knew no more.

IWriter IWriter

Thank you for reading �� .... Don't forget to leave a comment ..

(1) (Reply)

SCAMMER: Ibrahim Zibar Safia Is A Thief. / "I Chopped Off His Hand For Beating My Girlfriend" - Suspect / Be Careful!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.