Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son (26715 Views)

Breaking!!! House Of Reps To Scrap The NYSC Program / Meet Zainab Bashir, First Class Graduate Of Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto / Al-Amin Bashir Bugaje, ABU Zaria Best Student 2017. Gets NNPC Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by hush15: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1564269695108366338?t=8QpfbPeZt3OPrji2zhwtjA&s=19

i dont blame him.He didn't school in Nigeria so he can't really understand or appreciate the efforts the Nigerian teacher or Lecturer.

FOr clearance of doubt, those of you whose father is a lecturer and you are students of Nigerian Universities, how does it feel when your father who happen to be a lecturer comes home and you see the workload piled up with stacks and stacks of endless scripts and lecture notes that he work up all night to prepare and you know he is not well compensated for it. Also you think and you have to go to class that is not a conducive environment for learning.

We all know that we sit in exams halls where there is no fan, no generator, no ventilation and you are hoping to pass without settling lecturer ehn but people like that midgets's son whose father sent him to school with tax payers money and stolen patrimony can come here to insult.

Father in heaven, i commit him to your hands cos i no wan talk wetiin dey my mind.

i repeat, Happy Lecturers=Happy Students
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Makbams: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2022
Where on earth did you finished your Education, see his mouth.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by CoolAmbience(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2022
Zonefree:
My question remains, are there no other ways ASUU can get their money from FG apart from striking?

Most of our politician children don't school in Nigeria. They don't even care about us. Na average people dey suffer for this strike not government. Buhari no send anybody papa.

ASUU should go and lock National Assembly complex instead of locking schools for average Nigerians. They've been going on strike for decades yet nothing is happening. It's only a fool that will be doing same thing every time and expect different result.

That is the point.

Why strike when you are very aware that the children and wards of the political class rarely school here.

ASUU really has to device another strategy. One that doesn't hurt the students and parents.

They claim to be the best brains in the country. They should be able to do better than keeping the universities in locks and keys; and millions of students at home.

They have to bear in mind that there are educators like them too at the primary and secondary schools too. There are also professionals in engineering, medicine, law etc, that work for the government as well.

I really think that the minds of these lecturers have to be disabused. Primary and secondary schools aren't inferior to the universities. The universities are a progression of primary and secondary schools - centers for third tier education. As a matter of fact, if there are educators who should be doing this, it should be those at the very foundational stages of knowledge acquisition - primary and secondary.

In my thinking, educators at the primary and secondary schools are even more important. Have we wondered why with an SSCE one can become the president of the country?

Everyone needs a pay rise, in the midst of a global economy that is biting so hard. I really think that ASUU should shift some grounds. As valuable as their role is, they aren't the only services sector in the country.

Being a lecturer or academic is a choice. That doesn't make anyone superior to the other. I recently learned that government made some offers of increments - something in the neighborhood of N30k and N60k, which they vehemently rejected.

ASUU matter don taya me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by benjaminlawson(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2022
Mr. Man, did you go to University at all, if you did, you would have know that this people you call useless, some of them are older than your father, why calling your father's mate useless. Even if your father use public fund to send you abroad, their respect and decency over there too.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2022
Parachoko:
I agree

Nah wetin dey even surprise me pass nah the State Universities under ASUU

I wander why the FG should be held responsible for state universities.

Those ones are not okay on normal ground. As in, they are the biggest definition of uselessness in this aspect

Thank God some of them don dey get sense dey pull out like person wey enter raw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2022
Kasssandra:

The only way is fee increases.

But ASUU does not like it,...because people would hate them
Government does not like it...because people would bash them, and vote them out.
Neither do the Nigerian people like it.

So, at the end, ASUU would be bought off with a few billions, and we will all calm down.....expecting government to spend 4 billion on something that needs 400 billion, or more annually....because apparently when you spend 4 billion, it would magically get you 400bn worth of goods and serivices.

But no, we can't face reality...we are too 'pore'....so we keep pretending, while we borrow money from Mama Christina and Auntie Ngozi to plug the deficits. We are too pore, and we have to show them foreigners

The Kasssandra.

Nice analysis. But what do you now say about state universities that charge high and still decided to join the strike?
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Lovenorth: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2022
See his long neck like a snake grin
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by MrJames007: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2022
EverestMajur:
see this mumu wey im sense dey for im long neck. This guy is a kaduna giraffe..
lol

Chai u got no joy. cheesy
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by okorogodwin4(m): 11:06am On Aug 30, 2022
Oga go and take your drug shameless sickler
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by ugbarreta(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2022
I don’t blame you! Because your criminal minded dad used our looted money to send you abroad to study. Idiot son of a short devil.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by princeemmma(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2022
Zonefree:
My question remains, are there no other ways ASUU can get their money from FG apart from striking?

Most of our politician children don't school in Nigeria. They don't even care about us. Na average people dey suffer for this strike not government. Buhari no send anybody papa.

ASUU should go and lock National Assembly complex instead of locking schools for average Nigerians. They've been going on strike for decades yet nothing is happening. It's only a fool that will be doing same thing every time and expect different result.

Kindly advice them on how to go about it, without going on strike
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by dogmart(m): 11:18am On Aug 30, 2022
CoolAmbience:

That is the point.

Why strike when you are very aware that the children and wards of the political class rarely school here.

ASUU really has to device another strategy. One that doesn't hurt the students and parents.

They claim to be the best brains in the country. They should be able to do better than keeping the universities in locks and keys; and millions of students at home.

They have to bear in mind that there are educators like them too at the primary and secondary schools too. There are also professionals in engineering, medicine, law etc, that work for the government as well.

I really think that the minds of these lecturers have to be disabused. Primary and secondary schools aren't inferior to the universities. They universities are just a progression of primary and secondary schools. As a matter of fact, if there are educators who should be doing this, it should be those at the very foundational stages of knowledge acquisition - primary and secondary.

In my thinking, educators at the primary and secondary schools are even more important. Have we wondered why with an SSCE one can become the president of the country?

Everyone needs a pay rise, in the midst of a global economy that is biting so hard. I really think that ASUU should shift some grounds. As valuable as their role is, they aren't the only services sector in the country.

Being a lecturer or academic is a choice. That doesn't make anyone superior to the other. I recently learned that government made some offers of increments - something in the neighborhood of N30k and N60k, which they vehemently rejected.

ASUU matter don taya me.

God bless you. Maybe the entire sectors under the Nigeriam government should go on strike, since they are all facing poor funding.

Are they the only one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by themanderon: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2022
Zonefree:

Sadly the only language the Nigerian government understands is force. If you try to be diplomatic with them they will ignore you completely.
The only people powerful enough to stop the decay in this country and demand better governance for the people of this country is NLC but its unfortunate that the leadership of that body is in bed with the oppressive political class.
NLC can force the government to accede to the demands of ASUU but they always seem to lack the will to force the thieving political class to do right.
Our politicians are more interested in next years elections and they are jetting around the world to fulfill the agenda and the students can burn for all they care.
The money used to service the thieving rogues can go a long way to solve ASUU disputes many times over. Imagine that Ahmad handling social media for the President yet collecting more than twice what a professor is taking home as salary. Is that not madness?
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Determinedbobo: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2022
Yes, I support this call, one useless, inconsiderate union can't continue to hold the entire nation to ransom. If I were the Fg, i'd privatize the universities, and regulate the fees

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 30, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Nice analysis. But what do you now say about state universities that charge high and still decided to join the strike?

Are state universities charging high fees?

So long as it is not as high as what covenant and Babcock charge, it is not that high!

That they are not on strike does not mean that the issues are non existent.

In fact all the state universities that are not on strike is because they have issues with ASUU.

The kasssandra

1 Like

Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Basiljoe: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2022
This bast.ard again?
Not surprised, look at his eyes, probably high on cow dungs.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Musaspp(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2022
Can someone tell me if this spoilt brat schooled in Nigeria He doesn't seems like he attended higher institution in Nigeria.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by error4040: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2022
Zonefree:

LoL bruuuh!!! grin

Nigerian students are the Foolish ones here
Like this is their FUTURE They are playing with.
And they can't keep TRIBALISM and RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY aside and come out to protest for a TANGIBLE COURSE but they could do a Rally for Unnecessary END SARS that Federal Government used against them as National Unrest.

Like seriously??

So you mean they are way to LAZY to come out rather they are hiding Behind ASUU skirt to peep Federal Government toy with their FUTURE

LoL I swear Una never ready for any change for this country.

Nigerian Students you guys all are FOOLS!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by openmine(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2022
During the ASUU strike,the FG through the president initially set up a committee headed by Dr. Jibrin Shagari to renegotiate with ASUU on the 2009 agreement about the revitalization and funding of the dilapidated universities....When the recommendations were presented to the presidency,it was outrightly rejected and another committee was set up headed by Nimi Briggs.....His recommendations was also thrown out by the president!
Now how is that the fault of ASUU?
If you are not satisfied with the committee report,why not meet ASUU to renegotiate directly instead of going to the press to accuse the union of being stubborn and unwilling to call off the strike?
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Ola5TP: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2022
Forgeting that his dad is more useless! Bunch of thieves.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Bizibi(m): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2022
Stupid boy
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by saintrow1: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2022
You are right but people should be paid good money. Your father and other politicians are earning way too much.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Pharemzyj: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2022
Stupid boy.. make him papa join ASUU .
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by tnerro1(m): 11:51am On Aug 30, 2022
For this one I support you, one bottle of very cold kunu for you bro

1 Like

Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Dogi1(m): 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Idiot.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by rusher14: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2022
error4040:

LoL bruuuh!!! grin

Nigerian students are the Foolish ones here
Like this is their FUTURE They are playing with.
And they can't keep TRIBALISM and RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY aside and come out to protest for a TANGIBLE COURSE but they could do a Rally for Unnecessary END SARS that Federal Government used against them as National Unrest.

Like seriously??

So you mean they are way to LAZY to come out rather they are hiding Behind ASUU skirt to peep Federal Government toy with their FUTURE

LoL I swear Una never ready for any change for this country.

Nigerian Students you guys all are FOOLS!!!

Leave them.

They are more interested in APC/PDP/Labour/BBN.

Lecturers have already reached their career goals.

Many would be 28 by the time of graduation, excluding them from many job opportunities asking for u-27.

Let them continue clapping for ASUU.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by rusher14: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
saintrow1:
You are right but people should be paid good money. Your father and other politicians are earning way too much.

When would you realise the money "they steal" cannot support the system?

Not saying they should steal but Nigeria is a poor country.

When would you all realise this?
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Walllee: 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
Mumu pikin,wey no get Sense,why don't you scrap other labour Unions,and see what comes out of Nigerian workers,even the small wey government the do by force,we no go see.
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Allisgud: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
Foolish aboki who is suppose to be doing shoemaker,polishing my shoe
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by mrsage(m): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
Sad
Re: Scrap The Useless ASUU - Bashir, El-Rufai’s Son by Oluwaseunbandur: 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
Some would call him names but he speaks the truth

Yes he spoke the truth but they will still have to call him names cos his father is among the disaster we have today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015 National Common Entrance Examination Into JS 1 Of Unity Colleges / Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) / Which Of These Do You Fear Most As A Student?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.