Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections (21292 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Audio Of Him Planning To Rig 2023 election / Plot To 'Rig' 2023 Elections Through Uploads From Polling Units Uncovered / Wike: Appointment Of Onochie As INEC Commissioner Is To Rig 2023 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by SATANICALLY666: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday said for the 2023 elections, the government will ensure that Nigerians don’t get intimidated, or humiliated by those in positions, or the more privileged.

The President said this while receiving members of Progressive Governors’ Forum (PGF) led by Chairman and Governor of Kebbi State, Abubakar Atiku Bagudu, at the State House, Abuja.

“We will not allow anyone to use personal resources or their influence to intimidate other Nigerians. We will not allow intimidations materially, morally or physically. This is the kind of leadership that can emerge and consolidate our nation.

“In six months, Nigerians will appreciate the government of APC that we are sincere and we respect them,’’he added.

President Buhari, in a statement issued by his spokesman, Femi Adesina, urged the All Progressives Congress (APC) political leaders to intensity efforts in “thinking, meeting and strategizing for the 2023 elections.’’

The President, who opened up on the reasons why he believed in non-interference in the political process, said non-interference in elections gave credence to the political process, ensured participation and inclusiveness, and showed that the governing APC respected the electorate.

He assured Nigerians that the APC would continue to bequeath strong political institutions that reflected their choices, through non-interference in elections, citing outcome of polls in Ekiti, Anambra and Osun States as indicators.

President Buhari said APC, under his leadership, will continue to respect Nigerians by ensuring that their votes count and the people’s voice matter in choosing political leaders at different levels.

“I want Nigerians to know that we respect them, and for us to show that we will allow them to vote who they want. We all witnessed what happened in Anambra, Ekiti and Osun States. What happened in those states gives me a lot of hope that we are succeeding.’’

In his remarks, the Chairman of the PGF thanked the President for his leadership, guided by wisdom and foresight, saying that the Nigerian economy had been growing, in spite of challenges.

“We want to congratulate you on the positive trajectory of the economy, with the 3.5 per cent growth in the second quarter, up from 3.1 per cent of the first quarter of this year. Infrastructure projects are ongoing in parts of the country, and the social intervention programme is expanding,’’ Bagudu stated.

The governor said the growth trajectory had defied initial predictions of some multilateral institutions, affirming that the World Bank and others had acknowledged the resilience of the economy, and reviewed their positions.

“Your Excellency, as we speak, there is drought in Europe and China. The Ukraine-Russia war is taking a toll on economies. In the UK, there is rationing of electricity, and energy shortages in China.

“While other countries are banning food export, we are preparing for more production, in spite of floods in places like Jigawa State. We note your instruction for the release of 40,000 tonnes of grains.

“We also note efforts on improving security and measures to cut oil theft,’’ he said.

The PGF Chairman told the President that some APC governors were contesting elections for second term in 2023 with impressive records in their first term.

“We note the pronouncement of ASUU. We recall the appeal of the President to ASUU while we were visiting Daura that they should consider the future of students. We will not dwell on that now. We are ready to accept any negotiations for resolution,’’ Bagudu added.

The Kebbi State Governor commended Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha and Chief of Staff to the President, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, for their steadfastness and stewardship.

https://dailytrust.com/2023-i-wont-allow-influential-politicians-intimidate-nigerians-buhari

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by DontSuckToto: 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
Foolish man talk

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Kagd10: 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
We want a functioning country. That's all we want. Let's forget party and look at individuals cos if we were to look at party, we would realise that Peter Obi was previously in PDP and Atiku was previously in APC.. Hence take a look at the individual and their legacies. What we rather want is a functional country, Not one where old looter like Atiku who destroyed Nigeria is brought back again.. Or is it Peter Obi who did absolute nothing and couldn't grow Anambra economy but instead, was still looting the meagre Anambra was generating

Anyone who wants to champion failureeee should let such failureeee rule him. It's simple.

Lionking1913:
Same wit ur city boy

While Atiku was looting the country dry through the privatisation he supervised as a VP, City boy was building Lagos economy which is the 5th largest economy in Africa today despite OBJ seizing Lagos allocation for several years. Imagine that. No governor would have functioned without that. Heck, your looting Atiku wouldn't have functioned at all.

Tinubu's legacies in Lagos below:

1. Building of Public facilities: Standard Millennium Schools, Markets across the state, LASU projects and LASU Teaching Hospital, Other Major Hospitals/General Hospitals includes:

a. Ifako-Ijaye Hospital
b. Alimosho Hospital
c. Somolu Hospital
d. Mushin Hospital
e. Ibeju-Lekki hospital etc and several health care centres.

2. Massive Housing Estates across Lagos.

3. Development of Lekki Ajah axis and others.

4. Conceived the BRT project and constructed the dedicated BRT lane from Island to Mainland. BRT operation started fully under Fashola.

5. Massive Infrastructural development: Construction of Road networks all across Lagos. He invited President Obasanjo to Lagos to commission roads in Surulere, Yaba and other parts of Lagos.Tinubu

6. Then multi Dollar investment such as Lekki seaport, lekki trade zone, Eko Atlantic etc..

7.. Also several agencies which employed thousands of workers today.

We want Tinubu for a progressive Nigeria however who ever want a failuree should go impose such Failure on himself. We won't be part of it. It's simple.

When you're thinking of each candidate, always ask yourself, if you would allow such candidate to rule your region. What's their legacies relative to how they would improve the country? Let each candidate mention their legacies in relative to how they would improve the country. Like seriously, it's high time Nigeria progress for the better. Common!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Trinitycian: 5:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is why I love Buhari. Talk and do. 2023 elections will be the most free and fair!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Laggafin: 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
Shot fired @ the vibrator and pee poo ...... If u don't Gerrit. Den forget it

155 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Trinitycian: 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
My friend, Garfield1 has been banking on rigging for his BAT to win. I want him to perish that thought as 2023 elections are going to be free and fair.

140 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by garfield1: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
Trinitycian:
My friend, Garfield1 has been banking on rigging for his BAT to win. I want him to perish that thought as 2023 elections are going to be free and fair.

He said same in 2019

16 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Trinitycian: 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
garfield1:

He said same in 2019

Abi? Make we dey watch grin

12 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Laggafin: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
garfield1:

He said same in 2019
He was contesting den.. but now he has no interest and will take his pound of flesh and teach APC a lesson for not allowing him choose his successor as he openly asked from den before the primaries

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Godsbaby1(f): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
I love this

We will not allow anyone to use personal resources or their influence to intimidate other Nigerians. We will not allow intimidations materially, morally or physically. This is the kind of leadership that can emerge and consolidate our nation.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Godsbaby1(f): 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
I cherish this

I want Nigerians to know that we respect them, and for us to show that we will allow them to vote who they want

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by bigdammyj: 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Noted.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Damidave1124(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Yea, it is obvious from the way you handled some elections recently.

Let the will of the people prevail.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by iHateFraudsters: 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
That's one of Buhari's legacies.

He doesn't interfere in elections.

And he doesn't condone rigging.

That's probably Buharis ONLY legacy.

I hate that guy.

He's a big fraud.

A big phony

23 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by dust144(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Except u

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by slawomir: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Last last tinubu don chop breakfast..

Because na ringing he put hope

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by benuejosh: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Tinubu has therefore WON the election already.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by MrBachelor: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
cheesy

I wish this was true because rigging is the number one strategy in Tinubu's playbook.

However, the reality is that Buhari is a completely ineffective president, and even if he meant what he said, he couldn't put it into action or enforce it.

Having said that, it is in our (Obidients) hands to ensure that any attempt by Tinubu and his cohorts to rig the upcoming election is an effort in futility.

21 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by gaby(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
On the electoral reform act, signed, and passed into law, Buhari has a pass mark from me and is indeed going to be leaving a legacy.

If the forthcoming elections are indeed as eventful and devoid of any rigging or Fed. interference like the most recent State elections, Buhari would have laid a solid foundation upon which Nigerians can begin to elect their choice of leaders and hopefully continue to consolidate upon this to chose the right people who can attend to the other sectors which Buhari had ignored to be able to build this very important foundation.

It is obvious that Buhari learned a lot from what he suffered in the hands of the PDP and decided he was going to make this his legacy and yes, he succeeded.

If Buhari hadn't succeeded in this quest, there wouldn't be the buzz of Obidients, Emi Lokan, and Atikulating as excited and intriguing as it is today with the youths all fired up and ready to get involved with the hopes and confidence that there votes truly might count.

Kudos Bubu...

He'll no way anyone man can face the issues bedevilling this country all at once in a two-term equalling 8 years.

The next man should choose his poison and face it squarely to be able to deliver on it.

So, Nigerians, make we lower our expectations and brace up for the years ahead and hope for the best.

If you think an Obi, Atiku, or BAT is coming to take you back to as recent as the GEJ days, you better wake up from your dreams and kiss today's reality.

The only consolation, however, is that we all hope it will only get worse before it begins to get better.

Well done Bubu...

Buhari delivered on what the so-called previous Democrats were afraid of and refused to do because they wanted to keep influencing elections and candidates they could perpetually have control over.

Bubu no get anything to lose or protect and he displayed it with this act.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by vincentjk(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Who'll even put you in charge of any election?

Peter Obi we want and Peter Obi we shall get.

#ObiDatti

Vision 2023

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Daniel058(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Chai
Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by ElasticStone(m): 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Of course I trust Buhari, he is a man of his word. He will keep to his word the same way he promised to make 1naira equal 1 dollar

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Smith414: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by ShySteady(m): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
Has Buhari ever kept to his words in positive light?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by SmartPolician: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is the best legacy Buhari will leave this country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Bobloco: 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is to also let the Emilokan crooner know that there is no "12 million" votes to inherit

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by princeade86(m): 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
Just make sure u do that one.
Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Ozinlex: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
Trust me Buhari, is throwing subtle jab on some hoping he will rig for them...alas no way!

Obidatti2023

15 Likes

Re: Buhari: I Won't Allow Anyone Rig 2023 Elections by Switruth: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2022
Laggafin:

He was contesting den.. but now he has no interest and will take his pound of flesh and teach APC a lesson for not allowing him choose his successor as he openly asked from den before the primaries
This is the truth.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Launches Expatriate Employment Levy (EEL) / Gov Dickson Goofed, Bayelsans/ijaws Are Not Lazy / What Obasanjo, Buhari Should Do – Bode George Reacts To Ex-president’s Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.