Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " (12273 Views)

Beware Of Kidnappers Using Fake Job Adverts To Lure Victims / Latest Ngos Job In Adamawa:the International Rescue Committee (IRC) / Job Adverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Offpoint1: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
cheesy
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by elbulk(m): 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
Exceed15:
Most NGOs advert are just for formality sake. You keep applying in line of your field with well written cover letter yet the best you receive is automated acknowledgment mail. Stop giving yourself false hope if you don't have an "insider" that can push your application. Infact the jobs are quickly hijacked by internal applicants. Dem take style corrupt joor!

That you didn't get a job doesn't mean its wash. I've worked in that system nd I got my job my just applying online and going through the processes. It is normally stiff yes but there is a lot of merit too especially in the international ones.
Even when they give insiders they have to advertise that is done for audit purposes as its the laid down process

6 Likes

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by babyfaceafrica: 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
sunnymighty:

You are entitled to your own opinion, I work with an NGO, people that came in thro me are people I have never met before, one is a Nairalander, my first experience with an NGO was purely on merit.

Wash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by GloriousGbola: 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
Exceed15:
Most NGOs advert are just for formality sake. You keep applying in line of your field with well written cover letter yet the best you receive is automated acknowledgment mail. Stop giving yourself false hope if you don't have an "insider" that can push your application. Infact the jobs are quickly hijacked by internal applicants. Dem take style corrupt joor!

the fact of the matter is that you do not know wy any job is being advertised. there may be vacancy, and it may also be to fulfill all righteousness as they already have their candidate. whatever the case apply and hope for the best. it takes nothing from you.

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by KEVIND: 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
Very Very Very Truuuuuue

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by prciouschika(f): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
sunnymighty:

You are entitled to your own opinion, I work with an NGO, people that came in thro me are people I have never met before, one is a Nairalander, my first experience with an NGO was purely on merit.
please kindly help me.
My qualification is BSC Accounting.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Amazon24(f): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
I will be glad if anyone can help me with link to any NGO.I don't mind doing a volunteering work or being a trainee.
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
Exceed15:

I have worked with over 5 International NGO IN Nigeria without knowing anyone.

Start a Volunteering position NGO and update your CV hunting.

I apply close to three jobs daily while i'm still working. The hustle is not for the weak grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
sunnymighty:

All my job experience with INGO is and always has been on merit. Person with no NGO experience will go and shoot for supervisor position.

2 Likes

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by BafanaBafana: 1:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
Exceed15:
Only jobs that require people with rare skills actually have genuine adverts in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Akp1234: 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
sunnymighty:

Bro I am highly interested if there is vacancy. Bsc economics and education. God bless you.
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by lereinter(m): 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
The ones in the north prefer people from there

May be because you don't reside in the north where most of the location are found

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Olumaeme: 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
Biggest lie.

I work with an NGO. Infact, this is the second NGO i'm working and i dont know anybody.

Let me tell you, the competition is very high, and your CV have to be very tight.

I have been opportuned to be part of a shortlisting process, one position we had exactly 358 applicants, and only 5 was shortlisted, you can imagine how many good candidtates wont get it.

Before i got my first NGO job, i applied for over 300 positions, and the second one i applied for over 100 but maybe you just applied for 30 and you start complaining.

Also there are some factors that affect getting the jib.

1. NGOs mostly prefer people that have worked within the sector. Its very difficult to quickly key into the policies, and how the system works. They take compliance seriously, and the projects have timeline. They don't have time to train you. Global fund project is one of the most difficult to run, maybe when you finally get it, you will understand.

2. NGOs prefer those who have already worked for them - Most NGOs are based on funding and projects, and when projects close, contracts will be automatically terminated. If new project comes, the organization will most likely consider their staff without jobs first.

3. International certifications: They don't joke with qualifications. We all know Nigerian graduates are quacks, so those who have international certifications have an edge. for example, i currently work as a logistics and procurement officer, and i spent over 3m naira on certifications alone. IFMA USA cost me over 1.2m, i am currently on CIPS UK and have spent close to 400k already. I did Post Graduate Diploma in Logistics for 300k and it was after my IFMA and PGD that i started getting interviews.

4. Experience: NGO environment is a fast paced one and they need people with hands on experience. The best way to enter is through volunteering and you can see people on that for 4-6yrs before getting assistant position, especially if you don't have 3 above. Also, where you have worked matters, they will consider someone who have not worked in an NGO but has worked in big organizations like say MTN, GTB, BUA, Delloite etc, because they know you would have been used to well structured organization rather than one corner shop.

5. CV - Plenty people dont know how to write a good CV and cover letter. I see some CVS and i just laugh. They fill it with irrelevant informations like Age, Religion, Local Government LOL, and then copy and paste the job responsibilities they see online, which is the most funniest. Sometimes, the one on the advert. You have to make your CV achievement based. Your CV have to show real value and how you have contributed to where you work (save time, save money, increase turn over, compliance). If you are applying for a facility manager for example, dont tell them you supervise cleaning and changing of bulb, of course they know, tell them you proposed the changing from 50watt bulbs to 16watt bulbs and reduce overhead cost by 30%. Say you supervised the relocation of office with zero casualty and minimal disruption of workflow. Tell them you reduced turn around time from 3days to 48hrs by removing administrative bottleneck or onboarding new facility management vendor etc. They want to see what your actions on the job has achieved. If you are applying for social media manager, say you grow the organizations facebook page from 2k followers to 15k which is over 400% followers in 2 months without increasing the budget. They already know you are an achiever and dont need to be tossed around and spoonfed to know what to do.

Although, its faster if you have someone on the inside but the process is very rigorous. This my present job, i did 4 stages of interviews and one of the stages was from a team from UK, so even if the Nigeria team did ojoro and shortlist people who are not competent, they will know.
Sometimes, they re-advertise vacancies up to 2 times because they are yet to get a competent person to fill it. I remember when we were looking for country director, it took more than 2years to fill that vacancy.

But the stress is worth it as pay is good, they pay on time, no delay. Throughout COVID, full salary was still entering even when others are lamenting and you have access to good medicare. You can use the best hospitals in this country that senators use sef.

The road is very narrow! Plenty people like better thing!

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by kingyakos: 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
sunnymighty:

Most Nigerians always want all their job applications to be granted with "Congratulations and an appointment letter" but when it turns the other way around, they start shouting connection and man know man

3 Likes

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by kingmsookwagh(m): 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
NJV:
While I won't discourage anyone from applying, I seriously agree with you about the insider thing. There's however still a chance of being successful without knowing someone.
The GOD's GRACE chance you mean ahbi?
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by kingmsookwagh(m): 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:

I apply close to three jobs daily while i'm still working. The hustle is not for the weak grin grin grin
just see the kinda stress you went through. And now you feel it's everyone that wants to succeed that should go through that stress ahbi
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Olumaeme: 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
kingmsookwagh:
just see the kinda stress you went through. And now you feel it's everyone that wants to succeed that should go through that stress ahbi

Na why you no go blow be that.

Nothing good comes easy. If you want to sit all day and lament instead of going to work, BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Olumaeme: 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:

DOnt mind them.

I have applied for over 400 vacancies in the last 4years. I have only gotten about 3 interviews and got 2 jobs.

My last place, one vacancy i was part of shortlisting, more than 350 people applied.

3 Likes

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2022
Olumaeme:

DOnt mind them.

I have applied for over 400 vacancies in the last 4years. I have only gotten about 3 interviews and got 2 jobs.

My last place, one vacancy i was part of shortlisting, more than 350 people applied.
Hard or soft copy application?
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Olumaeme: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Hard or soft copy application?

All Online.

I dont think there's any NGO that does physical interview in this era.
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Smartford: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2022
Pure truth bro, before the jobs where let public, the slots have already been taken by the officials

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by BJanta: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
[quote author=Ogieeee post=116253179] [b]Become a certified Automations Engineering or get certificates in other engineering field by registering with advanxis Technologies and Process Automation, our trainings are fully hands and borders on HMI, PLC, SCADA, Software design, electrical engineering as well as field instrumentation. for more info visit www.advanxis.com or

Is the training/lecture online or physical ?
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2022
Olumaeme:

DOnt mind them.

Exactly. You must love the act of applying if not you won’t be called.

Sometimes I stay 6 months applying with no positive response, but I don’t stop applying. Right now I’m even addicted to Ngojobsite.com as I click there every 30mins during the day.

The hustle ain’t easy

2 Likes

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
K
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Worksunlimited: 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
sunnymighty:

What is your qualification?

Check my post and apply.

Msc Public health (General public health), Bsc. Hons. Cell Biology
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by sugeMPee: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
I am reading this while sitting in a send forth ceremony for 3 members of staff in the NGO where I work. One joined in 2016 through an internship program but replication to US, the second came in on contract and his contract expired after the closure of the project, the third person is a teenager who came for a 3 month internship program. Don't ever listen to the lies that NGO job advertisement are fake. What ever you believe is what you will get. NYSC, internship and volunteering are ways to join an NGO. It's always funny when Corp members come and ask if "we pay Corp members" and I am always eager to tell them "no" even though we pay handsomely with plenty of benefits. All staff entitlement are available for interns, volunteers and Corp members, but we don't want people who feel entitled and who only want to join because of money etc.

4 Likes

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by eminentSconsult: 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
If you are looking to work in the Non-profit sector, one of the best ways to get into a Nonprofit is through volunteering.

When the NGO is looking for staff they tend to go their volunteers first and then to outsiders.

Also many people see the NGO space as a money making scheme and it even shows in their application process. You don't have the skill,experience or even zeal but you apply thinking they will pick you.

Most Nonprofits that higher staff look for people with competence and sometimes experience in the sector to work with.

NGO jobs are basically like normal jobs. Apply properly, with well tailored CV and skill set that's needed. With time you would get something. No need for the negativity.

I have a thread for volunteer opportunities, you can check out and follow for updates:
https://www.nairaland.com/5928680/thread-volunteering-opportunities-nigeria

You can check my signature for more

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Skillsnigeria: 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by dammie4j(m): 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
pocohantas:
Very true. I agree with this. I worked in one myself and I met the founder via Nairaland.

Truth is, most NGOs work on a lean budget. So it is not like they go about employing and paying everyone. They have trustees that they to their best to tap professional services from.

There are exceptions though.

I could be an exception. I currently work with an INGO and never had any insider connect. I've applied to several INGO before now but didn't get called, so would have had that impression. Not until my story. One trick is, sometimes they try to test-run projects so they offer you 6 months Short Term Expert (STE) jobs with attractive pay and not much hope of an extension, but little guarantee based on the success of your project. That was my way in. Zero project experience or certification, just technical experience based on my project mandate and God on my side. I could say a lot and give other tips, but I got a meeting to jump on. So guys, it's not entirely by connect.
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by pocohantas(f): 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
dammie4j:

I could be an exception. I currently work with an INGO and never had any insider connect. I've applied to several INGO before now but didn't get called, so would have had that impression. Not until my story. One trick is, sometimes they try to test-run projects so they offer you 6 months Short Term Expert (STE) jobs with attractive pay and not much hope of an extension, but little guarantee based on the success of your project. That was my way in. Zero project experience or certification, just technical experience based on my project mandate and God on my side. I could say a lot and give other tips, but I got a meeting to jump on. So guys, it's not entirely by connect.

Congrats to you.
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Olumaeme: 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:

Exactly. You must love the act of applying if not you won’t be called.

Sometimes I stay 6 months applying with no positive response, but I don’t stop applying. Right now I’m even addicted to Ngojobsite.com as I click there every 30mins during the day.

The hustle ain’t easy

As in eeeh, we wey no get rich parents have to struggle through.

Also check relief Web, some jobs are not posted on ngojobsite.com.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chevron Aptitude Test For The Position Of Petroleum Engineer / Ibom Air Is Hiring Pilots / Entrance Into Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Nigerian Defence Academy, Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.