Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " (12270 Views)

Beware Of Kidnappers Using Fake Job Adverts To Lure Victims / Latest Ngos Job In Adamawa:the International Rescue Committee (IRC) / Job Adverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Lindajames1010: 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2022
sugeMPee:
I am reading this while sitting in a send forth ceremony for 3 members of staff in the NGO where I work. One joined in 2016 through an internship program but replication to US, the second came in on contract and his contract expired after the closure of the project, the third person is a teenager who came for a 3 month internship program. Don't ever listen to the lies that NGO job advertisement are fake. What ever you believe is what you will get. NYSC, internship and volunteering are ways to join an NGO. It's always funny when Corp members come and ask if "we pay Corp members" and I am always eager to tell them "no" even though we pay handsomely with plenty of benefits. All staff entitlement are available for interns, volunteers and Corp members, but we don't want people who feel entitled and who only want to join because of money etc.

Good evening sir, I'm a Corp member. I would like to join NGO but I don't know how to go about it. I'm based in Abuja. Please I need your help....... thanks
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by SMJay: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
prciouschika:
please kindly help me.
My qualification is BSC Accounting.
Thanks
Check my thread
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Fayuba(m): 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
sunnymighty:

You are entitled to your own opinion, I work with an NGO, people that came in thro me are people I have never met before, one is a Nairalander, my first experience with an NGO was purely on merit.
Bro.....am a graduate of public health, pls if there are vacancies.......am available...I can work anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Richdee1(m): 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
heybeebugatty:
My brother/sister, you’re 95% wrong on this.
Have worked with over three International NGO without any connection.
Most times, your connection with inside reduce the chance of you getting the Job.
To the best of my knowledge, NGO is one of the best sector where merit work.
If you compete with an insider during the interview, and you merit the job, there is no doubt you will get it.

Where can one look towards for NGO jobs
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Richdee1(m): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
Femich18:
I disagree. I have a friend who got an NGO job in Abuja last year. It was basically on merit. Though the chance of one getting it without an insider is slim but it's not impossible

What's the name of the NGO?
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Richdee1(m): 4:38pm On Sep 01, 2022
elbulk:

That you didn't get a job doesn't mean its wash. I've worked in that system nd I got my job my just applying online and going through the processes. It is normally stiff yes but there is a lot of merit too especially in the international ones.
Even when they give insiders they have to advertise that is done for audit purposes as its the laid down process
Where did you look online to apply
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Richdee1(m): 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
SamuelAnyawu:

I have worked with over 5 International NGO IN Nigeria without knowing anyone.

Start a Volunteering position NGO and update your CV hunting.

I apply close to three jobs daily while i'm still working. The hustle is not for the weak grin grin grin

You're in the deadly Zone of Nigeria
Juju dey work for you �

Anyway I have Experience with 2 local NGO and currently volunteering with a Ministry that has to do with children and families
Is this a good point?

Where do you see vacancy online that you apply
Any heads up
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Richdee1(m): 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
sugeMPee:
I am reading this while sitting in a send forth ceremony for 3 members of staff in the NGO where I work. One joined in 2016 through an internship program but replication to US, the second came in on contract and his contract expired after the closure of the project, the third person is a teenager who came for a 3 month internship program. Don't ever listen to the lies that NGO job advertisement are fake. What ever you believe is what you will get. NYSC, internship and volunteering are ways to join an NGO. It's always funny when Corp members come and ask if "we pay Corp members" and I am always eager to tell them "no" even though we pay handsomely with plenty of benefits. All staff entitlement are available for interns, volunteers and Corp members, but we don't want people who feel entitled and who only want to join because of money etc.

Please How can I apply for internship in your organization?
I've been looking out for one
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by odimbannamdi(m): 5:03pm On Sep 01, 2022
Interesting thread
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Uqw1: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
Really
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Thislifee: 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
DropsMic:
The best and easiest way to get an NGO job is via NYSC
How?
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by heybeebugatty(m): 5:41pm On Sep 01, 2022
[
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by heybeebugatty(m): 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
Richdee1:

Where can one look towards for NGO jobs

Go to myjobmag, impactpool, relief, or ngojobsite n narrow ur search to specific sector or location

2 Likes

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by rashfat(m): 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
sunnymighty:

You are entitled to your own opinion, I work with an NGO, people that came in thro me are people I have never met before, one is a Nairalander, my first experience with an NGO was purely on merit.

Baba I am very much interested abeg help your guy
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Bigii(m): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
sunnymighty:

Bro, please, help your man if there's any space in your area. I have been applying but no invite. I have experience in "Field Data Enumeration". Thank you and God bless you
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by kdfinest(m): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
sunnymighty:

that's good to know, I won't mind join I one. kindly link me up with any should in case there is vacancy, thanks...
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by michoa(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
Work on your CV.
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 01, 2022
Exceed15:
Most NGOs advert are just for formality sake. You keep applying in line of your field with well written cover letter yet the best you receive is automated acknowledgment mail. Stop giving yourself false hope if you don't have an "insider" that can push your application. Infact the jobs are quickly hijacked by internal applicants. Dem take style corrupt joor!
Don't know about your experience but today alone I accepted two applications from people I have not seeing before. We don't do that in our organisation

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2022
chinedusamson:
Abeg person should link me to any good NGO in Abuja paying or not I fit work as volunteer np just need to keep my soul busy with good things
Dm me
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:15am On Sep 02, 2022
All of u guys that are talking merit, merit, "I knew no one, I gave no one I knew", now Let's go "internal", now to the real one where we start getting our quality mega benefits, packages, prestige

I am talking about "promotion" and progress in your proffession, career or office.

Are most promotion really by merit? Are 95% not based on sentimental bias, perception based on performance, behavior, attitude, recommendations generally?

Even the "I knew no one" is it really 100% merit? Are you sure the recruiter did not subconsciously emplore tribal or religious sentimental inclination to select the candidate and open the organization doors to them just by mere likeness for a candidate's name after looking at it, even though they have never met before
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Exceed15: 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
[quote author=henrybangs44 post=116269984]
Don't know about your experience but today alone I accepted two applications from people I have not seeing before. We don't do that in our organisation [/quote

Is it an International NGO?
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Exceed15: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
ChngedChnges:

Don't jump into conclusions. I work with an NGO and i knew nobody.
Here, knowing someone that works here even reduces your chances of getting the job. I applied like play like play i was called, interviewed,and interviewed again (yes 2 interviews which were all virtual with different team leads). Next thing i saw was employment letter. Till today it was just like a movie. But i didn't fail to understand nor acknowledge that it was God's intervention.
Even when i was looking for a house to relocate it was still looking like a movie. I was like "what if after renting this house they now say it was a joke". 1st month, 2nd and 3rd month passed, I passed all my proficiency screening and became fully employed

I m happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Exceed15: 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
sunnymighty:

People that came through YOU. U just validate my point. God bless you for being a ladder to someone's step up.

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Exceed15: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

the fact of the matter is that you do not know wy any job is being advertised. there may be vacancy, and it may also be to fulfill all righteousness as they already have their candidate. whatever the case apply and hope for the best. it takes nothing from you.

Thank you
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Exceed15: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
henrybangs44:

Don't know about your experience but today alone I accepted two applications from people I have not seeing before. We don't do that in our organisation

Acceptance is normal. Will they get the job?
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
Exceed15:

Acceptance is normal. Will they get the job?
Meaning they got the job

1 Like

Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by sunnymighty(m): 4:28am On Sep 03, 2022
Exceed15:

People that came through YOU. U just validate my point. God bless you for being a ladder to someone's step up.

Don't get me wrong bro. they applied thro the email address i provided, I was not even part of the recruitment process then (I chose not to anyway) grin just to provide a level playground, some came to drop their CV in person then.Check my previous post on vacancies, you should understand what I am trying to say.
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by elbulk(m): 8:58am On Sep 05, 2022
Richdee1:

Where did you look online to apply

Online...There are different job boards
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by Ogieeee: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2022
It is physical and we are based in port harcourt [quote author=BJanta post=116255326][/quote]
Re: Ngos Job Adverts" Na Wash " by eminentSconsult: 11:52am On Sep 16, 2022
Every year on the 19th of September the world celebrates Youth Mental Health. The theme for this year is #Connectmeaningfully

As an organisation primarily focused on youths we understand the importance of connections especially in the social impact space.

Hence we are glad to invite you to our maiden twitter spaces which resolve around Social impact Leaders and a Mental Health Professional!

Date: 24th September, 2022
Time: 8PM WAT

This Twitter Space is for you if:
•You are a volunteer
•You are looking for how to leverage on your volunteer connections
•You want to learn more about how you can manage your mental health as a volunteer
•You want to learn more about Volunteering and more!

Then don't miss out on this Twitter Spaces! Set Reminder here:
https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1mrxmkqQMALGy

#thevolunteerplug

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This Company Real / Bank Cleaner Job Or A Guest House Job: Which Is Better / British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.