Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? (2730 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Before Christ Returns There is Going To Be Three Major Wars / How Was The Black African Saved Before Christ - Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On Sep 16, 2022
OkCornel:

So your conscience does not convict you (Kobojunkie) of the truth as Romans 2 v 13-15 states?
Let's start with the facts then. God's Judgment is set in His standard, His Law. So to what level should this conscience of mine have elevated me to as far as God? The moral Laws of Moses or the higher standard that is Jesus Christ? Which one? undecided

As an atheist/unbeliever, no matter how good I tried to be, my goodness could never equal that required by Jesus Christ of His followers so my hope is that you don't attempt to squeeze Jesus Christ into this. undecided
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 1:49am On Sep 16, 2022
Lawag3:

true religion doesn't enslaves my brother true religion is a even more clearer path to the truth.

Which religion does God belong to?

Hint: I’ve bolded something in your message.

The Truth is God and God is the Truth.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 1:57am On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Let's start with the facts then. God's Judgment is set in His standard, His Law. So to what level should this conscience of mine have elevated me to as far as God? The moral Laws of Moses or the higher standard that is Jesus Christ? Which one? undecided

As an atheist/unbeliever, no matter how good I tried to be, my goodness could never equal that required by Jesus Christ of His followers so my hope is that you don't attempt to squeeze Jesus Christ into this. undecided

Slow down, read and tell me who Romans 2 v 14-15 is talking about. And why conscience is an evidence that the requirements of God’s law is written in the hearts of the gentiles.

Romans 2 v 13-15
13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those WHO OBEY THE LAW who will be declared righteous.

14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 2:01am On Sep 16, 2022
OkCornel:
Slow down, read and tell me who Romans 2 v 14-15 is talking about. And why conscience is an evidence that the requirements of God’s law is written in the hearts of the gentiles.
which of God's Laws would that be? The Old Law of Moses or Jesus Christ? undecided

Point out which one you believe it to be so we can investigate the details of said law to understand where exactly this justification-by-conscience claim of yours fits in to that stated by God Himself. undecided
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 2:08am On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
which of God's Laws would that be? The Old Law of Moses or Jesus Christ? undecided

Point out which one you believe it to be so we can investigate the details of said law to understand where exactly this justification-by-conscience claim of yours fits in. undecided

The law that helps distinguish good from evil.
I also suspect the Noahide laws given to Noah’s sons and their descendants.

See Genesis 9 v 3-9.

Partly rehashed in the instructions given to Gentile believers in Acts 15 v 20 with reference to abstaining from eating meat with blood in it.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Sep 16, 2022
OkCornel:

See Genesis 9 v 3-9.

Partly rehashed in the instructions given to Gentile believers in Acts 15 v 20 with reference to abstaining from eating meat with blood in it.
Are you attempting to tell a joke or something? undecided

The law God gave to Noah at the time has only one command as indicated by God Himself right in Genesis 9 vs 3 - 9. So are you by this suggesting that God judges as good everyone who does not eat meat that still has blood in it then? undecided

And if so, what is the end that awaits such "good" persons according to this Law you claim? undecided
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 2:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Are you attempting to tell a joke or something? undecided

The law God gave to Noah at the time has only one command as indicated by God Himself right in Genesis 9 vs 3 - 9. So are you by this suggesting that God judges as good everyone who does not eat meat that still has blood in it then? undecided

And if so, what is the end that awaits such "good" persons according to this Law you claim? undecided

I’m sure you also read the part of the Noahide law where bloodshed of your fellow human was prohibited in Genesis 9 v 6, but conveniently chose not to discuss that.

Are you really after the truth? Or are you just itching to argue for argument sake?

Read Romans 2 v 14-15, and tell me why the conscience is evidence that the requirements of God’s law was written in the heart of the gentiles.

Time is too precious to waste on unproductive arguments.

1 Like

Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On Sep 16, 2022
OkCornel:
I’m sure you also read the part of the Noahide law where bloodshed of your fellow human was prohibited in Genesis 9 v 6, but conveniently chose not to discuss that.

Are you really after the truth? Or are you just itching to argue for argument sake?

Read Romans 2 v 14-15, and tell me why the conscience is evidence that the requirements of God’s law was written in the heart of the gentiles.

Time is too precious to waste on unproductive arguments.
I didn't conveniently ignore it as instead that wasn't stated there as a command but a judgment against all animals or awaited all animals or persons who killed a person. Rightly so since animals have no way of obeying such a command. undecided

Again, stop avoiding the questions. The law God gave to Noah at the time has only one command as indicated by God Himself right in Genesis 9 vs 3 - 9. So are you by this suggesting that God judges as good everyone who does not eat meat that still has blood in it then? undecided

Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 2:43am On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I didn't conveniently ignore it as instead that wasn't stated there as a command but a judgment against all animals or awaited all animals or persons who killed a person. Rightly so since animals have no way of obeying such a command. undecided

Again, stop avoiding the questions. The law God gave to Noah at the time has only one command as indicated by God Himself right in Genesis 9 vs 3 - 9. So are you by this suggesting that God judges as good everyone who does not eat meat that still has blood in it then? undecided

Nope, I ain't avoiding nothing.
I've told you what the law in this context relates to, but you want me to repeat myself;

You conveniently sidestepped the law that helps distinguish good from evil, to strain at eating meat without blood in Noahide laws.

Cain did not need a "written law" to know the murder of his brother Abel was evil hmmm? oh but no, you're more concerned with eating meat without blood in it, as though that's the only requirement God made before the advent of the Mosaic law.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 3:07am On Sep 16, 2022
OkCornel:
1. Nope, I ain't avoiding nothing. I've told you what the law in this context relates to, but you want me to repeat myself;
2. You conveniently sidestepped the law that helps distinguish good from evil, to strain at eating meat without blood in Noahide laws.

3. Cain did not need a "written law" to know the murder of his brother Abel was evil hmmm? oh but no, you're more concerned with eating meat without blood in it, as though that's the only requirement God made before the advent of the Mosaic law.
1. See me see wahala! undecided

2. Below is the provided content of the agreement/Law that God gave to Noah. undecided
1. God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Have many children. Fill the earth with your people.
2 Every animal on earth, every bird in the air, every animal that crawls on the ground, and every fish in the sea will be afraid of you. All of them will be under your control.
3 In the past, I gave you the green plants to eat. Now every animal will also be food for you. I give you everything on earth—it is yours.
4 But I give you one command. You must not eat meat that still has its life (blood) in it.
5 Also, I will demand your blood for your lives. That is, I will demand the life of any person or animal that takes a human life.
6 “God made humans to be like himself. So whoever kills a person must be killed by another person.
7 “Have many children and fill the earth with your people.”
8 Then God said to Noah and his sons,
9 “I now make my promise to you and to your people who will live after you.
10 I make my promise to all the birds, and to all the cattle, and to all the animals that came out of the boat with you. I make my promise to every living thing on earth.
11 This is my promise to you: All life on the earth was destroyed by the flood. But that will never happen again. A flood will never again destroy all life on the earth.”
12 And God said, “I will give you something to prove that I made this promise to you. It will continue forever to show that I have made an agreement with you and every living thing on earth.
13 I am putting a rainbow in the clouds as proof of the agreement between me and the earth.
14 When I bring clouds over the earth, you will see the rainbow in the clouds.
15 When I see this rainbow, I will remember the agreement between me and you and every living thing on the earth. This agreement says that a flood will never again destroy all life on the earth.
16 When I look and see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the agreement that continues forever. I will remember the agreement between me and every living thing on the earth.”
17 So God said to Noah, “This rainbow is proof of the agreement that I made with all living things on earth.” - Genesis 9 vs 1 - 17
a) What law is it that you accuse me of sidestepping? undecided
b) How does this law distinguish between good and evil according to your claim? undecided
c) What is the end of those who are judged evil by said law, and those who are judged good by the same law? undecided

3. But we are here investigating this claim of yours that God will judge people by their conscience. And you posted God's dealings with Noah instead of Cains. If we are to consider your claim regarding Cain, God's judgment against Cain was for as long as he lived here on this earth. undecided
10-11 Then the Lord said, “What have you done? You killed your brother and the ground opened up to take his blood from your hands. Now his blood is shouting to me from the ground. So you will be cursed from this ground.
12 Now when you work the soil, the ground will not help your plants grow. You will not have a home in this land. You will wander from place to place.”
13 Then Cain said to the Lord, “This punishment is more than I can bear!
14 You are forcing me to leave the land, and I will not be able to be near you or have a home! Now I must wander from place to place, and anyone I meet could kill me.”
15 Then the Lord said to Cain, “No, if anyone kills you, I will punish that person much, much more.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain to show that no one should kill him. - Genesis 4 vs 10 - 15
Is this the judgment you believe awaits those who will be judged by their conscience by God? undecided
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 3:20am On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. Below is the provided content of the agreement/Law that God gave to Noah. undecided
b) How does this law distinguish between good and evil according to your claim? undecided
c) What is the end of those who are judged evil by said law, and those who are judged good by the same law? undecided

3. But we are here investigating this claim of yours that God will judge people by their conscience. And you posted God's dealings with Noah instead of Cains. If we are to consider your claim regarding Cain, God's judgment against Cain was for as long as he lived here on this earth. undecided
Is this the judgment you believe awaits those who will be judged by their conscience by God? undecided

Again, you've sidestepped the main point I brought up, which is on the "law" that helps distinguish good from evil.
After Adam & Eve ate from tree of knowledge of good and evil, they became like God knowing good and evil (Genesis 3 v 22).

Genesis 3 v 22;
And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Their conscience convicts one on what is good and evil, whether there is a written law or not. That's why for example, Cain did not need a written law to know murder is wrong

I also mentioned I suspect the Noahide law adds to the above, particularly the dietary requirements in that law (abstaining from meat with blood in it, but can eat anything else)

But no, you avoided the main issue i.e. law (unwritten) that helps distinguish good from evil to focus more on the Noahide laws. Jeez!

Bros, time is too precious to fritter away on unproductive arguments aimed at proving someone wrong, rather than stimulating the intellect. Let's make this discussion worthwhile...rather than itching to prove who is right or wrong,

I'm much more interested in the truth than being right or wrong. So let's make our time worth the while in this discussion. Thanks
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Lighthouse50: 3:57am On Sep 16, 2022
Valoromega you have been deceived by false gnspels littering everywhere. Presently nobody is in hell. Bible analysed it saying when christ returns, the dead in christ will arise which is the first resurrectiom. Later other dead not in christ are the ones to be judged according to their works
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Sep 16, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Valoromega you have been deceived by false gnspels littering everywhere. Presently nmbody is im hell. Bible analysed it saying when christ returns, the dead in christ will arise which is the first resurrectiom. Later other dead not in christ arn thn ones to be judge according to their works
So what you are saying is that there will be two different judgement days at the end. - the judgement of those who are of the Kingdom of God by Jesus Christ, the King. And then another judgement for other people to be officiated over by God, in addition to Jesus Christ. Where is this written of please? undecided
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Lighthouse50: 6:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So what you are saying is that there will be two different judgement days at the end. - the judgement of those who are of the Kingdom of God by Jesus Christ, the King. And then another judgement for other people to be officiated over by God, in addition to Jesus Christ. Where is this written of please? undecided
Not two judgements but two ressurections. Judgement is for those not in christ.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by dattaswami1: 6:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Hell and heaven exists in the upper-world which can be seen by the grace of God only. God comes to this world in human form to preach and uplift us known as Human incarnation of God in every human generation to uplift us like Rama, Krishna, Jesus, Muhammad, Shankara, Sai Baba, Buddha etc .

Anybody who follow justice will enter into heaven and anybody who follow injustice will enter in to hell for reformation through undergoing punishment there. God punishes anybody not with vengeance or anger but with love and care for their reformation. Since God is an impartial God He comes to this world in every human generation to preach and uplift us.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:59am On Sep 16, 2022
dattaswami1:

Hell and heaven exists in the upper-world which can be seen by the grace of God only. God comes to this world in human form to preach and uplift us known as Human incarnation of God in every human generation to uplift us like Rama, Krishna, Jesus, Muhammad, Shankara, Sai Baba, Buddha etc .

Anybody who follow justice will enter into heaven and anybody who follow injustice will enter in to hell for reformation through undergoing punishment there. God punishes anybody not with vengeance or anger but with love and care for their reformation. Since God is an impartial God He comes to this world in every human generation to preach and uplift us.

Hell simply means Grave there is no thought or knowledge in the grave (Hell) where all humans are going! Ecclesiastes 9:10
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Truvelisback(m): 7:09am On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where did God Almighty tell you He will do this which you claim? undecided

Many of you are yet to realize how all you do is put words in God's mouth by these lies you spew in His name. undecided
The Scripture is there for u to read except u just chose to be ignorant.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by dattaswami1: 7:38am On Sep 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Hell simply means Grave there is no thought or knowledge in the grave (Hell) where all humans are going! Ecclesiastes 9:10
Hell is a place where reformation is induced in the minds of sinners. God punishes any body with love and care only and not with any vengeance or anger. The moment one get reformed and do not sin, then all their past sins also will be forgiven by God. This is the promise to them. If one realize, repent and do not repeat any sins from today onwards till their death all their past sins will be forgiven. However, one shall not repeat any sins further.

Only upon this earth one can do activities or deeds and change ourselves. We can change our own fate. In the upperworld called Hell and heaven we have to undergo the results of our deeds done on the earth either good or bad. For sinful deeds we enter the hell for reformation and for meritorious deeds we enter the heaven. But after the results of both deeds are exhausted we all down again to this earth. But a human birth is not assured.

When one live like animal in this world, always thinking about eating, sleeping and having sex such people will enter the animal kingdom from there there is no escape for them. They got what they wished.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 7:47am On Sep 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I hope my last post didn't come off as rude, but I hope it answered your questions?
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:50am On Sep 16, 2022
dattaswami1:

Hell is a place where reformation is induced in the minds of sinners. God punishes any body with love and care only and not with any vengeance or anger. The moment one get reformed and do not sin, then all their past sins also will be forgiven by God. This is the promise to them. If one realize, repent and do not repeat any sins from today onwards till their death all their past sins will be forgiven. However, one shall not repeat any sins further.

Only upon this earth one can do activities or deeds and change ourselves. We can change our own fate. In the upperworld called Hell and heaven we have to undergo the results of our deeds done on the earth either good or bad. For sinful deeds we enter the hell for reformation and for meritorious deeds we enter the heaven. But after the results of both deeds are exhausted we all down again to this earth. But a human birth is not assured.

When one live like animal in this world, always thinking about eating, sleeping and having sex such people will enter the animal kingdom from there there is no escape for them. They got what they wished.

If you're banking on the new testament over this know that Jesus said so many things in parables, there's no thought in hell (grave) {Ecclesiastes 9:10} because at death man has fully paid for his sin at that time there's nothing to answer for again regarding sins {Romans 6:7} the wages of sin is death! Romans 6:23

1 Like

Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Lawag3: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Which religion does God belong to?

Hint: I’ve bolded something in your message.

The Truth is God and God is the Truth.

Yeah you are right but you forget Jesus the son of God who is also God who said I am the way the truth and the light Christians try to follow his example which makes their part to the truth clearer than any other religion.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 8:14am On Sep 16, 2022
Lawag3:

Yeah you are right but you forget Jesus the son of God who is also God who said I am the way the truth and the light Christians try to follow his example which makes their part to the truth clearer than any other religion.

And Christians conveniently forget the same Jesus said
"only the pure in heart will see God" - Matthew 5 v 8

They've interpreted that verse out of context and made an idol out of the truth. Religious people would rather "worship" than obey.
The same Jesus complained

"Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?" - Luke 6 v 46

Faith (Trust & Obedience) , love and guarding your heart is what pleases God ultimately.
When you see the world/life through Jesus' eyes and mind, you will see God. Jesus wasn't asking anyone to make an idol out of him.

Jesus was the most enlightened soul I have ever come across, among the enlightened ones. Yet his worst enemies were religious people (Pharisees & Saducees).

What's even more tragic is how centuries later, Christians have mostly made an idol/religion out of him, rather than obey him.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Lawag3: 8:27am On Sep 16, 2022
OkCornel:

And Christians conveniently forget the same Jesus said
"only the pure in heart will see God" - Matthew 5 v 8

They've interpreted that verse out of context and made an idol out of the truth. Religious people would rather "worship" than obey.
The same Jesus complained

"Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?" - Luke 6 v 46

Faith (Trust & Obedience) , love and guarding your heart is what pleases God ultimately.
When you see the world/life through Jesus' eyes and mind, you will see God. Jesus wasn't asking anyone to make an idol out of him.

Jesus was the most enlightened soul I have ever come across, among the enlightened ones. Yet his worst enemies were religious people (Pharisees & Saducees).

What's even more tragic is how centuries later, Christians have mostly made an idol out of him, rather than obey him.

Yeah you are still correct but you forget the bible says that no man is good. That's where Jesus comes in his blood cleans a man a make their hearts pure as long as they believe in him and abstain from sin .

I don't understand what you mean by making an idol out of Jesus because Jesus deserves to be worship although you are right why you say people prefer to worship than obey him but not everybody .
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 8:59am On Sep 16, 2022
Lawag3:

Yeah you are still correct but you forget the bible says that no man is good. That's where Jesus comes in his blood cleans a man a make their hearts pure as long as they believe in him and abstain from sin .

I don't understand what you mean by making an idol out of Jesus because Jesus deserves to be worship although you are right why you say people prefer to worship than obey him but not everybody .

When the Holy Spirit becomes one with your Spirit, and you walk in the spirit, one of the fruits of the Spirit is GOODNESS - Galatians 5 v 22

Jesus is the best example of how to walk in the Spirit, that is what we should look out for.

Again, do not make an idol out of Jesus. He is the Son of God and a blueprint to be one with the Spirit of the Father.
For example, he fasted in the wilderness because the Spirit led him there.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 9:01am On Sep 16, 2022
Lawag3:

Worshipping Jesus when one is not ready to Obey, or have a heart willing to obey is nothing short of hypocrisy.

Let's not place the cart before the horse. Obedience is very very essential.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Lawag3: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2022
OkCornel:

Worshipping Jesus when one is not ready to Obey, or have a heart willing to obey is nothing short of hypocrisy.

Let's not place the cart before the horse. Obedience is very very essential.

You ask a question about the religion God belonged to I answered that then I agreed with what you said consigning people who just worshipped God and not obey him. I only had a problem when you said that that's they turn Jesus into an idol it's hypocrisy not idol worship.apart from those two points I agreed with every other thing you said.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by OkCornel(m): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2022
Lawag3:

You ask a question about the religion God belonged to I answered that then I agreed with what you said consigning people who just worshipped God and not obey him. I only had a problem when you said that that's they turn Jesus into an idol it's hypocrisy not idol worship.apart from those two points I agreed with every other thing you said.

Gotcha…
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 10:21am On Sep 16, 2022
Truvelisback:
The Scripture is there for u to read except u just chose to be ignorant.
If you believe what you typed above then surely you should not have problems answering the question asked. Where did God Almighty tell you He will do this which you claim? undecided
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 10:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Not two judgements but two ressurections. Judgement is for those not in christ.
There are two resurrections...

A. The resurrection of the Israelites which God promised to those of His Old Covenant Law of Moses
B. The resurrection of those of the Kingdom of God

But according to scripture, there is only one judgement to come and that is of those who belong in the Kingdom of God(born-agains) - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29, this since those of the Old Covenant are judged at the point of their death - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. So where is this other judgement you speak of written of and who is to officiate, God or Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by efficiencie(m): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2022
Valoromega:
Where will the people who lived before Christ came go to?
Hell or heaven

Or our ancestors that lived in Africa before Christianity came where will they go?

They said Christ is the only way and these people didn't know Christ. So where did they go?

Did the millions of people who lived before Christ came all go to hell?

All of the souls before the sacrifice Christ that lived right as judged by their conscience (Romans 2:15) or by the law (Romans 2:12) were resurrected immediately the LORD Yeshua said it is finished and died on the cross (Matthew 27:50-53). The rest were damned to be tormented in hell and became disembodied spirits, demons, that roam the earth doing the bidding of their master, satan.
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
OKCornel, if God's Truth is really what you are after, why then do you refuse to answer any of my questions still? You claim they some will be judged by conscience, and since God is True and His Word is Truth, it follows that we ought then to locate God's own declaration that He will judge the consciences of men. undecided

Again,
OkCornel:
1. Nope, I ain't avoiding nothing. I've told you what the law in this context relates to, but you want me to repeat myself;
2. You conveniently sidestepped the law that helps distinguish good from evil, to strain at eating meat without blood in Noahide laws.

3. Cain did not need a "written law" to know the murder of his brother Abel was evil hmmm? oh but no, you're more concerned with eating meat without blood in it, as though that's the only requirement God made before the advent of the Mosaic law.

1. God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Have many children. Fill the earth with your people.
2 Every animal on earth, every bird in the air, every animal that crawls on the ground, and every fish in the sea will be afraid of you. All of them will be under your control.
3 In the past, I gave you the green plants to eat. Now every animal will also be food for you. I give you everything on earth—it is yours.
4 But I give you one command. You must not eat meat that still has its life (blood) in it.
5 Also, I will demand your blood for your lives. That is, I will demand the life of any person or animal that takes a human life.
6 “God made humans to be like himself. So whoever kills a person must be killed by another person.
7 “Have many children and fill the earth with your people.”
8 Then God said to Noah and his sons,
9 “I now make my promise to you and to your people who will live after you.
10 I make my promise to all the birds, and to all the cattle, and to all the animals that came out of the boat with you. I make my promise to every living thing on earth.
11 This is my promise to you: All life on the earth was destroyed by the flood. But that will never happen again. A flood will never again destroy all life on the earth.”
12 And God said, “I will give you something to prove that I made this promise to you. It will continue forever to show that I have made an agreement with you and every living thing on earth.
13 I am putting a rainbow in the clouds as proof of the agreement between me and the earth.
14 When I bring clouds over the earth, you will see the rainbow in the clouds.
15 When I see this rainbow, I will remember the agreement between me and you and every living thing on the earth. This agreement says that a flood will never again destroy all life on the earth.
16 When I look and see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the agreement that continues forever. I will remember the agreement between me and every living thing on the earth.”
17 So God said to Noah, “This rainbow is proof of the agreement that I made with all living things on earth.” - Genesis 9 vs 1 - 17

3. But we are here investigating this claim of yours that God will judge people by their conscience. And you posted God's dealings with Noah instead of Cains. If we are to consider your claim regarding Cain, God's judgment against Cain was for as long as he lived here on this earth is contained in the passage below. undecided
10-11 Then the Lord said, “What have you done? You killed your brother and the ground opened up to take his blood from your hands. Now his blood is shouting to me from the ground. So you will be cursed from this ground.
12 Now when you work the soil, the ground will not help your plants grow. You will not have a home in this land. You will wander from place to place.”
13 Then Cain said to the Lord, “This punishment is more than I can bear!
14 You are forcing me to leave the land, and I will not be able to be near you or have a home! Now I must wander from place to place, and anyone I meet could kill me.”
15 Then the Lord said to Cain, “No, if anyone kills you, I will punish that person much, much more.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain to show that no one should kill him. - Genesis 4 vs 10 - 15
Is this the judgment you believe awaits those who will be judged by their conscience by God? Surely, from the above, God clearly did not judge even Cain by his conscience but instead by the fact that his brother's blood called out from the grave to God. undecided
Re: If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
OkCornel:
1. Again, you've sidestepped the main point I brought up, which is on the "law" that helps distinguish good from evil. After Adam & Eve ate from tree of knowledge of good and evil, they became like God knowing good and evil (Genesis 3 v 22). Their conscience convicts one on what is good and evil, whether there is a written law or not. That's why for example, Cain did not need a written law to know murder is wrong

2. I also mentioned I suspect the Noahide law adds to the above, particularly the dietary requirements in that law (abstaining from meat with blood in it, but can eat anything else) But no, you avoided the main issue i.e. law (unwritten) that helps distinguish good from evil to focus more on the Noahide laws. Jeez!

3. Bros, time is too precious to fritter away on unproductive arguments aimed at proving someone wrong, rather than stimulating the intellect. Let's make this discussion worthwhile...rather than itching to prove who is right or wrong,

I'm much more interested in the truth than being right or wrong. So let's make our time worth the while in this discussion. Thanks
1. So, man gained knowledge of good and evil means God will judge a man by his conscience? I don't understand at all. In Genesis 4, we see that God didn't judge even Cain by his conscience. Instead, He punished Cain because his brother's blood called out for vengeance from the grave. And the punishment? Well, Cain was sent away from His family to live elsewhere and cursed the ground so it would not produce for Cain, but God made certain Cain had a wife and children of his own and even protection so no one would murder him. Cain's line flourished and he even built at least one city. How does that pass as judgment? undecided

2. I don't understand what you are insisting on at all. How does the addition of a law requiring men eat only meat with no blood in it, and judgement against murder amount to the statement you made earlier that God will judge individuals by their conscience? That is what I am very much interested in knowing here. undecided

3. God is True, and His Word is Truth. So, if you are really trully interested in the Truth of God, and not supposition, why not take time to find out if there is infact truth to this claim of yours that God will judge men by their conscience. undecided

We are talking here of the same God who declared that the heart of man is extremely wicked.... God already knows the heart of men, so why would He then need to formulate judgement, again by the way, to measure the same wickedness? For what purpose? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience With The Book Of Mormon / The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? / Different Vows For Groom And Bride In Some Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.