Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (97780 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by pelvicky(m): 11:40pm On Mar 25
Good evening house.

Does 2005 Toyota Camry consume fuel?

If you have an experience, please kindly drop your answer

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by codemaster2much: 6:43am On Mar 26
pelvicky:
Good evening house.

Does 2005 Toyota Camry consume fuel?

If you have an experience, please kindly drop your answer
yes it consume fuel, since that is what it runs on. but if you meant consume too much fuel, I don't think so, it fuel consumption are within toyota estimation or not too far off. you should be able to get about 27 to 32mpg on highway drive.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by pelvicky(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26
codemaster2much:
yes it consume fuel, since that is what it runs on. but if you meant consume too much fuel, I don't think so, it fuel consumption are within toyota estimation or not too far off. you should be able to get about 27 to 32mpg on highway drive.

Thank you for this submission sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 3ncrypted: 8:30pm On Mar 26
Hello Everyone.
I drive a mitsubishi attrage which I use for daily commute. For some months now, I have been experiencing Engine oil shortage. After servicing the car, the oil almost dries up within a month. There is little or no smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe. Haven't noticed oil leakage either. Scanned with OBD tool and couldn't find any codes either.

Other symptom includes
1. Car shakes when on reverse gear
2. Drags during initial acceleration.
3. Consumes a bit more fuel than it should.

Please can someone assist me.
Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MOBBDEEP: 9:14pm On Mar 26
Please, I need an excellent Honda parts seller/dealer. Kindly recommend one who you've had a wonderful transaction with.

Please, kindly don't mention the Hatinhubby moniker. He's an asshole
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:21pm On Mar 26
3ncrypted:
Hello Everyone.
I drive a mitsubishi attrage which I use for daily commute. For some months now, I have been experiencing Engine oil shortage. After servicing the car, the oil almost dries up within a month. There is little or no smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe. Haven't noticed oil leakage either. Scanned with OBD tool and couldn't find any codes either.

Other symptom includes
1. Car shakes when on reverse gear
2. Drags during initial acceleration.
3. Consumes a bit more fuel than it should.

Please can someone assist me.
Thanks
That little smoke is enough to cause your oil to drop low.
The vibration and drag might be unrelated. You'll need physical diagnosis for that. If in Lagos, kindly contact 07089030689 for further diagnosis.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:22pm On Mar 26
MOBBDEEP:
Please, I need an excellent Honda parts seller/dealer. Kindly recommend one who you've had a wonderful transaction with.

Please, kindly don't mention the Hatinhubby moniker. He's an asshole
Location?
What part do you need?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originality007: 11:09pm On Mar 26
Good evening, pls what could cause my Camry 2005 to lose power anytime I On my ac and am inside the traffic or slow down. What I discover is that, the car will b shaking and after few minutes the car will off itself, I will have to start it again, sometimes it will take few seconds to start. but anytime am on the motion it doesn't shake or off itself, Only wen I slow down or in traffic.
pls what could cause this and what can I do to stop this
Thank u
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 99thEnemy(m): 11:13pm On Mar 26
Originality007:
Good evening, pls what could cause my Camry 2005 to lose power anytime I On my ac and am inside the traffic or slow down. What I discover is that, the car will b shaking and after few minutes the car will off itself, I will have to start it again, sometimes it will take few seconds to start. but anytime am on the motion it doesn't shake or off itself, Only wen I slow down or in traffic.
Thank u
Have you thought about going to the village to appease your village people?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MOBBDEEP: 11:17pm On Mar 26
jceesquare:

Location?
What part do you need?

God bless you Sir
And thank you very much

I'm in Akwa-Ibom State Sir but I don't think it matters. I can pay waybill as long as I get exactly what I want. I don't want any mistake. The Luvinhubbi dude put V6 brake-pads for me despite emphasizing to him my car is I4

Car is 2007 Honda Accord Inspire 2.0L JDM model

Air Filter
Steering Rack (complete set of new)
Airhose (duct between air-filter house & engine air intake)
1quart/lt original ATF-DW1

Meanwhile, I noticed my airhose is not same like most 2007 (Discussion Continue) Honda Accord I see. They usually have their 2 connections closely on the side on one end, whereas on mine, the connections are on opposing side.
One is close to the MAF while the other is on the far end

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dynamicboss: 5:42am On Mar 27
Originality007:
Thank u

On load, your car idles very roughly and switch off. Get it scanned. It could be bad coil, worn out plugs, dirts on nozzle/injector, bad fuel pump, slow switch needing replacement, etc
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 7:08am On Mar 27
Originality007:
Thank u
Bad idle control system or bad/wrong compressor.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 7:10am On Mar 27
MOBBDEEP:

God bless you Sir
And thank you very much

I'm in Akwa-Ibom State Sir but I don't think it matters. I can pay waybill as long as I get exactly what I want. I don't want any mistake. The Luvinhubbi dude put V6 brake-pads for me despite emphasizing to him my car is I4

Car is 2007 Honda Accord Inspire 2.0L JDM model

Air Filter
Steering Rack (complete set of new)
Airhose (duct between air-filter house & engine air intake)
1quart/lt original ATF-DW1

Meanwhile, I noticed my airhose is not same like most 2007 (Discussion Continue) Honda Accord I see. They usually have their 2 connections closely on the side on one end, whereas on mine, the connections are on opposing side.
One is close to the MAF while the other is on the far end
Try hondajosh here on 0706 575 3660.
The experience with hubby could be a mistake actually.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MOBBDEEP: 7:40am On Mar 27
jceesquare:

Try hondajosh here on 0706 575 3660.
The experience with hubby could be a mistake actually.

I'm very grateful Sir
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 3ncrypted: 10:25am On Mar 27
jceesquare:

That little smoke is enough to cause your oil to drop low.
The vibration and drag might be unrelated. You'll need physical diagnosis for that. If in Lagos, kindly contact 07089030689 for further diagnosis.

Thanks a lot. Will do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bazztadewu: 9:52pm On Mar 27
Omo,I saw a toyota camry 2005 doing ball joint failure today.i shock oh.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bazztadewu: 9:55pm On Mar 27
My manual compressor vexxed me tonite.i have not used the AC in months. Suddenly i started feeling water dripping on my legs,like a drop every 20 secs.i couldnt stop because im going home.on getting home,i op3ned the bonnet,lo and behold the ac pipes don freeze ice block.so i knew the useless thermostat the AC man installed don pack up. Funny wnuf i didnt use the AC.it was off.so i guess the wire to wire connection don bridge.i disconnected it shaps because now it has eaten my remaining 8litres i want to use to go to work tomorrow.im so pissed off.
jceesquare:

Bad idle control system or bad/wrong compressor.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hazardfan1: 7:49am On Mar 28
How can I fix these error codes on my 2016 Camry XLE??

It has triggered the check engine light, it's talking about 02 sensor.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hazardfan1: 7:51am On Mar 28
P0136
P0139
P013A
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Macmilla(m): 10:52am On Mar 28
Bazztadewu:
Omo,I saw a toyota camry 2005 doing ball joint failure today.i shock oh.
De play.
Nigerians and routine maintenance are like oil and water. Them no de ever mix.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jinka(m): 8:01pm On Mar 28
Good day, I'm having issues with my car battery
I have used the battery for 3yrars without any problems, just last week I noticed that my battery usually run down anytime I park it for about 8hrs and above.
Now what I usually do is to remove the battery head when ever I park it, just recently I noticed it runs down too even after removing the battery head for long.

What could be the problem:
- not charging very well?
- something drains the battery in the car or ?
- the battery not good again?

Pls I need your reply, it has been frustrating me since last weak
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oluayebenz: 9:21pm On Mar 28
jinka:
Good day, I'm having issues with my car battery
I have used the battery for 3yrars without any problems, just last week I noticed that my battery usually run down anytime I park it for about 8hrs and above.
Now what I usually do is to remove the battery head when ever I park it, just recently I noticed it runs down too even after removing the battery head for long.

What could be the problem:
- not charging very well?
- something drains the battery in the car or ?
- the battery not good again?

Pls I need your reply, it has been frustrating me since last weak

Your battery is weak
Need replacement

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jinka(m): 9:44pm On Mar 28
oluayebenz:

Your battery is weak
Need replacement

Battery of 3years weak?
And it has warranty of 5years

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dahniyel: 2:07am On Mar 29
Hello bosses, I got this code on My Honda Accord 2009. I also observed the fuel consumption is a bit high, aside that the engine runs sommthly. What could be the solution please?

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dahniyel: 2:09am On Mar 29
Bazztadewu:
Its not a tokunbo car
You got the car for me?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dahniyel: 2:10am On Mar 29
Bazztadewu:
Its not a tokunbo car
@Gazzuzz
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oyetpel(m): 5:42am On Mar 29
My 2009 Toyota Camry doesn't start on time when it goes off.
What could be the issue?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Babatundehy: 7:00am On Mar 29
jinka:

Battery of 3years weak?
And it has warranty of 5years

Is your battery supposed to serve you for a decade? No be only 5 years warranty why not 50 years? when the cells are old and dead the battery behaves just like that, this is elementary science taught in primary schools.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by FILEBE(m): 5:17am On Mar 30
Originality007:
Thank u

from experience, it is either one of these:
bad fuel pump
bad spark plugs/ ignition coil.

my bet is on the fuel pump. It is likely failing. let your mechanic check the pressure of your fuel pump. It has happened to me just as you described.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Olalan(m): 6:35pm On Mar 30
Dear All please how much is catalyst for honda 2011.

I got a car for someone only to be told the front catalyst has been removed and the one in the silencer has been changed.

The car has the check engine light on, is not reveing when on motion.

Please your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Macmilla(m): 4:12am On Mar 31
FILEBE:

from experience, it is either one of these:
bad fuel pump
bad spark plugs/ ignition coil.

my bet is on the fuel pump. It is likely failing. let your mechanic check the pressure of your fuel pump. It has happened to me just as you described.
That does not sound like fuel pump issue. A failing fuel pump will give issues when higher pressure is needed, that is at high speeds or when accelerating. This will manifest as loss of power.
OP never complained about any issues at high speeds or while accelerating.
Originality007:
Thank u
Check your idle control system, esp if your car is cable driven.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by FILEBE(m): 4:52am On Mar 31
Macmilla:

That does not sound like fuel pump issue. A failing fuel pump will give issues when higher pressure is needed, that is at high speeds or when accelerating. This will manifest as loss of power.
OP never complained about any issues at high speeds or while accelerating.
Check your idle control system, esp if your car is cable driven.

I am not a mechanic neither am I "mech" savy. I am just saying from my experience which is 100%

A failing or bad fuel pump will stall or shut down an engine when in a traffic jam or while Ac is turned on during idling .
Those were the two thing that happened that got me changing fuel pumps. I bought these news pumps three times before I finally opted to buy buy "Tokunbo" complete fuel pump assembly. Bad fuel pump will stall your car in a traffic jam, I thought we all know about this because whenever mine happens, drivers would pass by and tell me to go change fuel pump

You would struggle to climb upward slope of a bridge.
You might also be struggling to go past some certain high speed. You will be pressing the pedal but your speedometer guage would remain the same except you brake a while and pedal hard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.