Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98147 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by victovrry(m): 3:00pm On Mar 17
Manuella4ace:

This one nah wahala.
But do you have any check engine lights on? If you do please scan and post code.

There is check engine light on, I will go and scan. Thank you!!!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by yemi2plus(m): 5:44pm On Mar 19
Please I need to confirm with the house if this is the recommended tranmission fluid for Lexus ES 350 2010.

Thank you!

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 3kay945(m): 8:59pm On Mar 19
oladele239:

Abeg refer me to someone
I dey lag
Not gazzuz o , my car is less than 2010 o

grin cheesy
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Aangg: 8:01am On Mar 20
Pls help

Good Morning,

Pls my car drives well in the morning, but during close of work when going home, moves like it’s dragging sometimes, even to overtake might have to hard press the turtle to pick up. Scanned and no codes came up. Pls help

Corolla 2012
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vinzita1(m): 3:28pm On Mar 21
Good days
I have this issues at hand

My matrix 2009 car,
Any time I put it on drive or reverse
It brings up sound like bang
Also
when am driving, the car jerk when the car changes gear by itself.

What could be the cause of this?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oladele239(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21
Djdamian:

Trust me Gazzuzz isn't interested in working for him, the man knows his worth

You pple will just come and be yarning dust. Gazzuz has stated it he doesn't work on cars less than some particular years. It's not about status or anything and this doesn't make any mechanic working on cars of those years lesser humans.

We make people feel like demi gods in this part of the world 🌎

6 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by opebajo11: 4:38pm On Mar 21
Hi everyone, my Lexus ES330 2004 would start well at the first start if probably it was parked for like 2 weeks, while it worked for barely 6 minutes it went off. So it doesn’t turn over again while I tried to start it the second time until I step on the gas pedal. I suspected the 3minute security which I removed, but I still experience the same issue.

See below the codes detected after running a test on it:

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Djdamian(m): 4:48pm On Mar 21
oladele239:

You pple will just come and be yarning dust. Gazzuz has stated it he doesn't work on cars less than some particular years. It's not about status or anything and this doesn't make any mechanic working on cars of those years lesser humans.

We make people feel like demi gods in this part of the world 🌎

noted sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 5:01pm On Mar 21
opebajo11:
Hi everyone, my Lexus ES330 2004 would start well at the first start if probably it was parked for like 2 weeks, while it worked for barely 6 minutes it went off. So it doesn’t turn over again while I tried to start it the second time until I step on the gas pedal. I suspected the 3minute security which I removed, but I still experience the same issue.

Your car is running low on idle, did you remove the battery terminal while you park it down for two weeks?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by opebajo11: 5:54pm On Mar 21
Abbeyismo:

Your car is running low on idle, did you remove the battery terminal while you park it down for two weeks?

No I did not
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Benz03: 6:32pm On Mar 21
You can call me for any Mercedes deal in Benin repairs such as all Electrical services, VGS fixing brain box decoding, programming of vehicle and keys and other chipset....etc and also for car inspection
I also engage in all general upgrades for your vehicle (BENZ specifically) and sales of all kinds of vehicles incase you are in any need if a good ride
Call or WhatsApp at :08111367505
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 6:59pm On Mar 21
opebajo11:

No I did not
Okay a Technician need to check it for you all the scan results wont stop the car from idling.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoJando: 10:38pm On Mar 21
opebajo11:

Like Abbeyismo rightly said, none of the codes will prevent your car from idling but for the benefit of doubt, I would disconnect that big ABS module connector before even checking anything else.

The car was parked stationary for 2 weeks, I would start to suspect rodents damage. They might have had a serious party with your car's wiring harness. Also three other potential problem areas would be seized fuel pump, stiff throttle body butterfly plate and failing EFI/IGN relays.

A good tip for inspecting rodent damages is to look out for their faces inside the engine bay.
Check and give us feedback. Thanks!

#AutoJando
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by quinSonia(f): 4:25am On Mar 22
Please help ; I have a problem with my RX 350!

My steering always get strong at regular intervals
They said it’s fuel pump ⛽️ plus I need help
Mechanics are ripping me badly.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:44am On Mar 22
quinSonia:

What year is your car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tobiyclassy: 5:28am On Mar 22
I'm thinking fuel pump, but let the experts speak

Aangg:
Good Morning,

Pls my car drives well in the morning, but during close of work when going home, moves like it’s dragging sometimes, even to overtake might have to hard press the turtle to pick up. Scanned and no codes came up. Pls help

Corolla 2012
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dahniyel: 8:53am On Mar 22
3 weeks after the purchase of my Tokunbo Honda Accord 2009 4 plug is showing P0011 Camshaft position timin over advanced with a VSA light. What could be the cause? Gauzzz
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dahniyel: 8:56am On Mar 22
theadeola:

Hello sir. The car is a Honda accord, not a Toyota.
Did you later resolve this? I'm having same issue on my 2009. Cleard the timing sensor and the code, and it still returned back.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 10:56am On Mar 22
quinSonia:

If your car is 08/09 ur power steering pump might be bad or the streeing Rack it self is bad but if it 010 upwards it and electric streering rack that does not require power steering pump.
Fuel pump cant cause ur power steering failure tho.
Where is ur location?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by iomoge2(f): 11:49am On Mar 22
Please help me. I am frustrated
Honda Crv 2008
Was not entering slow after I had the gasket changed due to leaking radiator
All that fixed and all of a sudden it won’t raise when it starts. It can’t get it Gear or Number one.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by captainking(m): 11:50am On Mar 22
kingreign..
my 03 corolla has this p0135 thats making it consume fuel. Please how can i get original replacement sensor..One mech has tried like 3 diff sensors but code refuses to go. Location is ph
Thanks..
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 12:16pm On Mar 22
iomoge2:
Please help me. I am frustrated
Honda Crv 2008
Was not entering slow after I had the gasket changed due to leaking radiator
All that fixed and all of a sudden it won’t raise when it starts. It can’t get it Gear or Number one.
Have the car scan and drop the scan result ma

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:17pm On Mar 22
captainking:
kingreign..
my 03 corolla has this p0135 thats making it consume fuel. Please how can i get original replacement sensor..One mech has tried like 3 diff sensors but code refuses to go. Location is ph
Thanks..

Get the direct original tokunbo sensor for it pls. You can also check if your wiring harness is okay or ECM is okay.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 2:40pm On Mar 22
Dahniyel:

Did you later resolve this? I'm having same issue on my 2009. Cleard the timing sensor and the code, and it still returned back.

Not yet. I've tried all I know, even replaced the sensor, but the code is still there. I've concluded to have the engine opened so the issue can be rectified, but I've not had time to take it to the mechanic.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bazztadewu: 3:33pm On Mar 22
Its not a tokunbo car
Dahniyel:
3 weeks after the purchase of my Tokunbo Honda Accord 2009 4 plug is showing P0011 Camshaft position timin over advanced with a VSA light. What could be the cause? Gauzzz
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Aangg: 8:34pm On Mar 22
Pls help

Aangg:
Pls help

Good Morning,

Corolla 2012
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 5:20am On Mar 23
Aangg:
Pls help

You need a technician to check properly for you
If you are in lagos mainland call or whatApp 08139539942.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Leonyluiz(m): 6:43am On Mar 23
Good day all. I use a Honda Accord 2006. 4 Plugs. I recently replaced the Compressor and the Condenser. But I noticed that the AC stalls the engine badly. It got so bad that it refused to pull away from a traffic light until i switched off the AC. What are the possibilities of what might be wrong?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 3:51pm On Mar 23
Leonyluiz:
Good day all. I use a Honda Accord 2006. 4 Plugs. I recently replaced the Compressor and the Condenser. But I noticed that the AC stalls the engine badly. It got so bad that it refused to pull away from a traffic light until i switched off the AC. What are the possibilities of what might be wrong?
Bad or wrong compressor type.
Or bad compressor coil clutch.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 2cribz: 7:54am On Mar 24
The accord seems like a 4plugs and the AC drags the engine power. Are you sure your plugs are working well. If its a v6 and e still dey off,then your engine needs rebuilding. Back then my crv 09 model off as soon as we change to manual compressor. Las las the rpm was reset .then secondly,did they install ac thermostat under the glove box or not,so the compreasor cuts and pick.if not ,na nonsense job dem do 4u be that
Leonyluiz:
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Leonyluiz(m): 3:06am On Mar 25
jceesquare:

Bad or wrong compressor type.
Or bad compressor coil clutch.

Thanks, will check this out asap

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Macmilla(m): 8:48pm On Mar 25
Bazztadewu:
Its not a tokunbo car
Vawulence de sweet you. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.