Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (97751 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 11:14pm On Mar 07
andeemoore:
Please who fixes hyndai I
Stay in lagos number to call or chat zero eight one three double nine double two eight six five
Wish type of hyundia sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Leonyluiz(m): 7:09am On Mar 08
kingreign:

If he knows his job, then a trial won't be bad.

Thanks he has stopped the progression of the crack as far as I can tell. Just worried about VIO and FRSC problem.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:14am On Mar 08
Leonyluiz:

Thanks he has stopped the progression of the crack as far as I can tell. Just worried about VIO and FRSC problem.

Take a picture of the glass and upload it let's see.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Leonyluiz(m): 7:39am On Mar 08
kingreign:

Take a picture of the glass and upload it let's see.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apexquest(m): 7:29pm On Mar 08
Hello Sir,
Please my 2008 rav4 recently suffered from electrical issues.
Car went off and refused to start at an unsafe location. In order to free up the transmission to move vehicle to safety, I noticed the rewire inserted a screwdriver into the hole at the selector and moved it to neutral. Car was then rolled to safety where efforts were made to trace the problem.

ECU was detected as the cause. It has been changed and car starts and drive now.

Problem now is that, when I select reverse(R) or drive (D), it enters with a gentle bang.
But when driving, the other gears select quietly as before.
Putting it in R or D has always been very smooth without bang before now.

The brake light has also refused to go off.

No transmission code on Bluetooth scanner.

Could it have anything to do with the changed ECU or the rewire has touch something else?

What can I do to have that smooth bang-free experience again, please

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by designmaverick: 7:24am On Mar 09
Good morning everyone.
I own a Camry 2008.
It has a fuel tank size of 70L.
I noticed it consumes too much fuel.

On a full tank till the amber fuel light, it did about 190 miles and thatโ€™s like 11 mpg compared to the 25mpg -30mpg as recorded by Toyota.

I have no check engine light
Spark plugs intact
02 sensors working too.
Catalyst intact too.

What could be the problem?
This worries me a lot.

I await your response ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:25am On Mar 09
designmaverick:
Good morning everyone.
I own a Camry 2008.

On a full tank till the amber fuel light, it did about 190 miles and thatโ€™s like 11 mpg compared to the 25mpg -30mpg as recorded by Toyota.

Spark plugs intact
02 sensors working too.
Catalyst intact too.

This worries me a lot.

Your car's location is?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by designmaverick: 10:00am On Mar 09
kingreign:

Your car's location is?

Iโ€™m in Lagos. Abule egba axis
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:34am On Mar 09
designmaverick:

Iโ€™m in Lagos. Abule egba axis
DM, I'd link you with someone
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:43am On Mar 09
apexquest:
Hello Sir,
Please my 2008 rav4 recently suffered from electrical issues.
Car went off and refused to start at an unsafe location. In order to free up the transmission to move vehicle to safety, I noticed the rewire inserted a screwdriver into the hole at the selector and moved it to neutral. Car was then rolled to safety where efforts were made to trace the problem.

ECU was detected as the cause. It has been changed and car starts and drive now.

Problem now is that, when I select reverse(R) or drive (D), it enters with a gentle bang.
But when driving, the other gears select quietly as before.
Putting it in R or D has always been very smooth without bang before now.

The brake light has also refused to go off.

No transmission code on Bluetooth scanner.

Could it have anything to do with the changed ECU or the rewire has touch something else?

What can I do to have that smooth bang-free experience again, please
Probably an issue with the replacement ECU.
Is yours an AWD model?
And was it towed for long with all 4 wheels down?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:44am On Mar 09
designmaverick:
Good morning everyone.
I own a Camry 2008.

Spark plugs intact
02 sensors working too.
Catalyst intact too.

This worries me a lot.

If in Abule Egba, you can reach me on 07089030689.
Meanwhile, what's your fuel trim reading?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by udy4real(m): 2:39am On Mar 10
Good day pros in the house,Please what could be the problem of a 2008 Mercedes 4matic,after packing the car for 3 hours and over the battery gets drained and won't start again until I jump start it again
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:36am On Mar 10
udy4real:
Good day pros in the house,Please what could be the problem of a 2008 Mercedes 4matic,after packing the car for 3 hours and over the battery gets drained and won't start again until I jump start it again

Check for parasitic draw or voltage leak, if none, check alternator for voltage, if fine, replace battery.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by udy4real(m): 7:42am On Mar 10
kingreign:

Check for parasitic draw or voltage leak, if none, check alternator for voltage, if fine, replace battery.

I just replaced the battery and I don't think it's my alternator bcuz if I am driving and park for just 40 minutes the car will still start but once it stays idle for more than 2 _ 3 hours then it won't start again
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:52am On Mar 10
udy4real:

I just replaced the battery and I don't think it's my alternator bcuz if I am driving and park for just 40 minutes the car will still start but once it stays idle for more than 2 _ 3 hours then it won't start again

Where's your car located?
If it's in Abuja, feel free to book an appointment
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apexquest(m): 9:00pm On Mar 12
jceesquare:

Probably an issue with the replacement ECU.
Is yours an AWD model?
And was it towed for long with all 4 wheels down?
Thank you for this response. ECU was changed and the transmission is working well now.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by udy4real(m): 9:48pm On Mar 12
kingreign:

Where's your car located?
If it's in Abuja, feel free to book an appointment

No it's not in Abuja,I traveled to Umuahia with it and since then it's been one problem after the other,so it's still in the east
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:00pm On Mar 12
udy4real:

No it's not in Abuja,I traveled to Umuahia with it and since then it's been one problem after the other,so it's still in the east

DM 07034581213
I'd refer you to someone.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by udy4real(m): 8:11am On Mar 13
kingreign:

DM 07034581213

Done

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:04am On Mar 13
apexquest:

Thank you for this response. ECU was changed and the transmission is working well now.

Good to know.
Cheers.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oladele239(m): 9:41pm On Mar 13
kingreign:

DM 07034581213

Abeg refer me to someone
I dey lag
Not gazzuz o , my car is less than 2010 o

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 10:02pm On Mar 13
oladele239:

Abeg refer me to someone
I dey lag
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚what is wrong with ur car sir?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:42am On Mar 14
oladele239:

Abeg refer me to someone
I dey lag
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by codemaster2much: 3:21pm On Mar 14
oladele239:

Abeg refer me to someone
I dey lag

gazzuzz is actually good, give him try someday
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Djdamian(m): 4:11pm On Mar 15
codemaster2much:

gazzuzz is actually good, give him try someday

Trust me Gazzuzz isn't interested in working for him, the man knows his worth
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by victovrry(m): 11:10am On Mar 16
Good day sir, I use Toyota Corolla 2004, recently I noticed my fuel consumption has increased, I used 30litres on 27km please I really need help, Iโ€™m around Abule egba axis
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16
victovrry:
Good day sir, I use Toyota Corolla 2004, recently I noticed my fuel consumption has increased, I used 30litres on 27km please I really need help, Iโ€™m around Abule egba axis

I have heard same complain from many Nigerians. I think it has to do with the quality of fuel imported to the country.

Anyways just scan and share the codes for analysis
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by victovrry(m): 4:08pm On Mar 16
Dozieson:

I have heard same complain from many Nigerians. I think it has to do with the quality of fuel imported to the country.

Anyways just scan and share the codes for analysis

AH!!! This is too much sir, which kind fuel is that?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyismo(m): 9:43pm On Mar 16
victovrry:
Haaa you sure the fuel is not leaking sha
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by oluayebenz: 10:44pm On Mar 16
victovrry:

Scary
It's possible to use 30L of fuel for 27km ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Even V8 don't suck this much
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 10:34am On Mar 17
victovrry:

This one nah wahala.
But do you have any check engine lights on? If you do please scan and post code.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by victovrry(m): 2:59pm On Mar 17
Abbeyismo:

Haaa you sure the fuel is not leaking sha

sincerely my tank is not leaking ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.