Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (101269 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 9:27am On Oct 25, 2022
kingreign:

A/F sensor aka Wide Band oxygen sensor aka Heated oxygen sensor aka Upstream O2 sensor has a heating element inside it, and it’s primary function is to monitor the flow of burnt gases flowing from the exhaust manifold and also use this info to monitor and relate to the ECU to adjust the air and fuel stoichometry as needed. It is placed usually before a catalytic converter just aft of the exhaust manifold outlet of the engine.

O2 sensor aka narrow band O2 sensor aka downstream sensor primarily monitors NOx and SOx and other harmful gases coming out and also tells if the catalytic converter is doing it’s job or not. It’s placed after a catalytic converter most times.
Nice explanation sir.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Greatmatty: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2022
kingreign:

What code are you trying to solve?
The 36531-RNA-A01 which is from your car is an AF sensor while the one you bought is an O2 sensor and do not carry out their operations in any similar way.

Mogbe� !!!!!!!!
So I just wasted 20k for the wrong part.. chai
Can you assist with the correct one?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2022
Greatmatty:

Mogbe� !!!!!!!!
So I just wasted 20k for the wrong part.. chai
Can you assist with the correct one?

Return it back pls.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Greatmatty: 11:13am On Oct 25, 2022
kingreign:

A/F sensor aka Wide Band oxygen sensor aka Heated oxygen sensor aka Upstream O2 sensor has a heating element inside it, and it’s primary function is to monitor the flow of burnt gases flowing from the exhaust manifold and also use this info to monitor and relate to the ECU to adjust the air and fuel stoichometry as needed. It is placed usually before a catalytic converter just aft of the exhaust manifold outlet of the engine.

O2 sensor aka narrow band O2 sensor aka downstream sensor primarily monitors NOx and SOx and other harmful gases coming out and also tells if the catalytic converter is doing it’s job or not. It’s placed after a catalytic converter most times.

An eye opener, nice
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by samutd4u(m): 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
Good pm , please what happens if a car's engine oil turns black immediately an oil change. Toyota Camry 00 6plugs
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jonab500: 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Good afternoon,
pls what is the cause of ABS, VTM-4, VSA, and Triangle icon lights ON: honda pilot 2007
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hello Kingreign, which coolant do you suggest besides Toyota Super Long Life Coolant?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
alaricsaltzman:
Hello Kingreign, which coolant do you suggest besides Toyota Super Long Life Coolant?

You did not indicate the type of coolant recommended for your car or the year of your car.
Prestone coolant, Mannol coolant

There are basically 4 types of coolants for cars:

#1 - IAT (Inorganic Acid Technology)
#2 – OAT (Organic Acid Technology)
#3 – HOAT (Hybrid Organic Acid Technology)
#4 – Dex-Cool.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by amusaaj33(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2022
Where can I get Opel zafira hub? Only the hub not complete wheel.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2022
amusaaj33:
Where can I get Opel zafira hub? Only the hub not complete wheel.
Where is your location?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by amusaaj33(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
kingreign:

Where is your location?

Agbado station in Ogun state
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Greatmatty: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
kingreign:

Return it back pls.

Oh no, it's over a year's purchase.
I got it cos the values in the STFT -10 & LTFT -20, burning rich.
That values have not been different lately.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nobody: 2:48am On Oct 26, 2022
My camry 05 battery runs down so fast. Turn off the engine for like say 10 minutes with maybe a door open, it won't start again. Who I bought the car from said the battery was purchased recently. I have serviced the kick, yet same issue. The alternator charges the battery well. I am just tired.
What could be the cause please?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 4:26am On Oct 26, 2022
Good morning everyone.

Special thanks to those who provide help here.

Presently, my exhaust was worked on and a day after I got P0401 error code. The car is Honda Accord 2007.

The error code points at EGR.

1. Can I travel with this and fix it when I return? How serious is this?

2. What are the things to check before replacing the component?

Please kindly respond. Thank you.

Cc: GAZZUZZ
Kingreign

Others.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 9:02am On Oct 26, 2022
kingreign:

You did not indicate the type of coolant recommended for your car or the year of your car.

#4 – Dex-Cool.

Toyota Corolla 2009.

The recommended coolant is Toyota corolla super long life coolant.

It's too pricey and hard to get.

That's why I'm asking if there's a cheaper alternative I can use like Total Coolant
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2022
alaricsaltzman:

Toyota Corolla 2009.

The recommended coolant is Toyota corolla super long life coolant.

It's too pricey and hard to get.

That's why I'm asking if there's a cheaper alternative I can use like Total Coolant
Your car is an OAT type, go for the genuine or any other recommended type I posted there. Mannol or Prestone. They don’t come cheap but get the work done.

I don’t know of any cheaper alternative and I won’t advice for water or some random computed fluids of questionable quality.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2022
Originakalokalo:
Good morning everyone.

Special thanks to those who provide help here.

Presently, my exhaust was worked on and a day after I got P0401 error code. The car is Honda Accord 2007.

The error code points at EGR.

1. Can I travel with this and fix it when I return? How serious is this?

2. What are the things to check before replacing the component?

Please kindly respond. Thank you.

Cc: GAZZUZZ
Kingreign

Others.
You did not specify if it was a v6 or an i4 but from the code, your EGR has a restriction on the passage. Clean out the carbon built up in the EGR and the passage. If you have done this and it still doesn’t work, check your exhaust if it was blocked and if it’s not blocked, replace EGR.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 9:52am On Oct 26, 2022
kingreign:

Your car is an OAT type, go for the genuine or any other recommended type I posted there. Mannol or Prestone. They don’t come cheap but get the work done.

I don’t know of any cheaper alternative and I won’t advice for water or some random computed fluids of questionable quality.
Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by joungblood(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingreign:

Pls open another thread and post your adverts and stop detailing this thread. Thank you.

Noted
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
kingreign:

You did not specify if it was a v6 or an i4 but from the code, your EGR has a restriction on the passage. Clean out the carbon built up in the EGR and the passage. If you have done this and it still doesn’t work, check your exhaust if it was blocked and if it’s not blocked, replace EGR.

Thank you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by zotorux(m): 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good afternoon, I’ve got this flashing D light issues on my accord 08. A guy on the Honda maintenance asked me to reach out to you @kingreign.

He said he got his issues resolved by clearing error codes. But he’s in Lagos. He said you’re in Abuja that you can help.

Cc: kingreign
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dicksonadams(m): 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
Drazman:
My camry 05 battery runs down so fast. Turn off the engine for like say 10 minutes with maybe a door open, it won't start again. Who I bought the car from said the battery was purchased recently. I have serviced the kick, yet same issue. The alternator charges the battery well. I am just tired.

There are many causes such as loose or corroded battery cables and terminals. Perhaps the serpentine belt is not at proper tension due to a failed tensioning system or excessive wear. Maybe there is excessive parasitic discharge on the battery or just maybe the battery has seen better days and needs replacement.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
Drazman:

Check with a battery charge tester if the battery holds charge or not before you start touching the car’s electrical system
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by drmuchin: 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
kingreign:

#4 – Dex-Cool.

WHICH COLANT WOULD A VW GOLF 4 ENGINNE USE?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jamie1000: 5:31pm On Oct 27, 2022
id4sho:

Good day, I use a 2003 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE. Recently, the driver side firewall started vibrating when vehicle is on Drive, no vibration on N or P. I changed fuel pump, my electrician washed the fuel pump assy using thinner. The vibration stopped for some days. CEL is on after driving for some time. No CEL at starup. I also noticed increase in fuel consumption. One of the ignition coil is cracked and black tape was used to cover it. The last scanning didn't show any error codes.

Clean your throttle body with a clean rag using injector cleaner. Or just use a white rag without injector cleaner and clean it properly. Watch video on YouTube on how to go about it or contact your mechanic. It's a simple hack.. It's something you can do. And thank me later. From experience.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jonab500: 11:35am On Oct 28, 2022
Good morning,
pls what is the cause of ABS, VTM-4, VSA, and Triangle icon lights ON: honda pilot 2007
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:44am On Oct 28, 2022
jonab500:
Good morning,
It could be a simple wheel speed sensor or a wheel hub or even an ABS module. Do scan to fish out the culprit then fix.
If you’re in Abuja, do call 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by FREDDi(m): 3:40pm On Oct 28, 2022
9icetoo:

Dana Spec?
yes, it is dana
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by WycliffeSMB(m): 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Good evening Sir!
Pls I will appreciate if we can talk on phone so that I can be able to explain my car problem better.

The car is a 2001 Honda Odyssey.

While driving yesterday, the car engine suddenly went off...but all the lights on the dashboard and the radio/headlamps were still working.

I had to clear from the road, and tried starting it again.
When I turned the key, there was no response.
The engine doesn't start or revolve...but the lights on the dashboard were showing.
I had to leave it.

This morning, I called an auto-electrician to check it.
In the process, he turned on the ignition with the key from inside, then he came out, opened the bonnet and attached a wire to the kick starter and touched it on the battery terminal and the Engine started without hesitation.
He then put the engine off, loosed the cover under the steering and did some wire cut-and-join connections and the car was able to start NORMALLY from the inside.

I paid and he left.

I drove the car to work and came back this evening without any issue.

This night I wanted to go out, and when I turned the ignition, the car failed to start(no engine crank) but I noticed a noise, I opened the bonnet and something attached to the kick-starter was making a continuous sound (like a fan on high speed).

I turned of the ignition immediately and removed the key, but the thing was still revolving.
I then had to disconnect the battery terminals and it stopped.

I just called the electrician and complained.
He said he will come tommorrow and check.

I have a feeling that something isn't right with the work he did. Maybe he did some bypass and now it's backfiring.

What could be the possible initial issue with my car before the electrician did this job?

Please I need Expert Advice now so that I can be equipped to face him tommorrow!

Happy motoring!!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
[quote author=WycliffeSMB post=117951303][/quote]
He bypassed some wires. This is quite dangerous as it could cause other damages and even electrical fires. Please call him to rectify the issue as it ought to be.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by WycliffeSMB(m): 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2022
kingreign:

He bypassed some wires. This is quite dangerous as it could cause other damages and even electrical fires. Please call him to rectify the issue as it ought to be.
Okay Sir.
But how can this be resolved?
I think it would be best to identify the Original fault and CHANGE any component that needs a replacement instead of a bypass.

What could be the cause of the failure for the car to start from inside but worked when he attached a wire to the starter and battery terminal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (130) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? / What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.