Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98497 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by David50: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2022
kingreign:
You wouldn’t expect me to sugar coat it for you, or do you?

The engineers and designers who designed and installed the particular transmission in YOUR CAR did it on purpose. YOUR mechanic coerced YOU to change YOUR VEHICLE’s transmission from 13pin to 10pin for reasons known him which although, YOU Initially showed some resistance, but bulged into HIS suggestion.

Now tell me, is this NOT a one chance or you want me to tell you it’s a mistake on YOUR mechanic’s part or on YOUR own part?

I guess YOU loved it and YOU didn’t find it insulting when YOUR mechanic rendered YOUR car immobile for over a month only to come to an online forum and start to define what an insult and a nauseous feeling is or is not.

It may interest you to know, the chance laid before you is 20/80. YOU may end up spending more money to ensure the car attains a ‘’managable’ state to move around or even replace that transmission and redo the wiring again.

I come in peace and no offense meant, If you find my comment offensive, it’s how you decide to perceive it.

And no, I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RESPOND OR NOT TO RESPOND TO ANY COMPLAINTS. MY response on YOUR complaint on MY thread DOES NOT prove whether I am more or less a professional, because you aren’t paying for a professional consultancy fee and shouldn’t dictate how professional I should be.

The boss is talking grin
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by David50: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
Recently i discovered my camry 08 v6 shudders briefly when accelerating or climbing a hill within the speed range or 60 to 80 km/hr.

The shudder feels like mild grinding sensation that comes on and off only when accelerating within theaforementioned speed range.. it rarely occurs when driving at constant speed.

I thought it might be my inner cups so i had them both replaced but the issue still persisted.

Also did alignment but the problem still remained.

My tyres are brand new so i can rule that out..

Later i felt it might be linked to the transmission so i did a drain and refill (twice) with Toyota WS atf. The transmission fluid was still quite pink though.. as this isn't my first time. The problem didn't really go away but i think it may have reduced a bit (might just be my mind playing tricks on me).

Please what do you suggest i do... i have run out of ideas.

Cc kingreign and other Chiefs in the house

Thanks.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Donphilex(m): 12:04am On Oct 15, 2022
[

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:11am On Oct 15, 2022
Donphilex:

My grand father can never be daft as you

It’s alright, let it slide.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:13am On Oct 15, 2022
David50:
Recently i discovered my camry 08 v6 shudders briefly when accelerating or climbing a hill within the speed range or 60 to 80 km/hr.

The shudder feels like mild grinding sensation that comes on and off only when accelerating within theaforementioned speed range.. it rarely occurs when driving at constant speed.

I thought it might be my inner cups so i had them both replaced but the issue still persisted.

Later i felt it might be linked to the transmission so i did a drain and refill (twice) with Toyota WS atf. The transmission fluid was still quite pink though.. as this isn't my first time. The problem didn't really go away but i think it may have reduced a bit (might just be my mind playing tricks on me).

Thanks.

Keep a watch for it. I hope it won’t be that your fears or suspicions comes to pass.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dicksonadams(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2022
Just reading through this thread, Oh boy car ownership can be bitter sweet , unexpected expensive can come up all of a sudden and owner can spend twice or more if issue isn't fixed right. Sometime I feel I have rest of mind using public transport or Uber

Well done boss kingreign for all you do, respect

And to car owners, God see what you are going through... It is well, please take advantage of this thread and other good ones to avoid one Chance

7 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:34am On Oct 15, 2022
dicksonadams:
Just reading through this thread, Oh boy car ownership can be bitter sweet , unexpected expensive can come up all of a sudden and owner can spend twice or more if issue isn't fixed right. Sometime I feel I have rest of mind using public transport or Uber

And to car owners, God see what you are going through... It is well, please take advantage of this thread and other good ones to avoid one Chance

Thanks chief!

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutosAbuja: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2022
kingreign:

cheesy Na true Aunty, if I tell him to go buy 13PIN gear and reverse the connections he did, e go reach 500k if e no go pass.
Pls, how do I get a working upstream air fuel sensor for civic 2010?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2022
AutosAbuja:

Pls, how do I get a working upstream air fuel sensor for civic 2010?

Toks or brand new OE?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mejai(m): 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2022
dicksonadams:

Exactly what I thought this morning..... But it is the bitter truth.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutosAbuja: 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2022
kingreign:

Toks or brand new OE?
Toks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:02pm On Oct 15, 2022
AutosAbuja:

Toks
Apo or Zuba
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutosAbuja: 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
kingreign:

Apo or Zuba
I have not been to zuba. I can't find the right one in Apo.
What about the OEM you mentioned, where can I get it?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
AutosAbuja:

I have not been to zuba. I can't find the right one in Apo.
What about the OEM you mentioned, where can I get it?
Gudu
Pls follow due diligence, a lot sold there are imitation
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutosAbuja: 4:14pm On Oct 15, 2022
kingreign:

Gudu
Ok, thanks.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2022
Donphilex:

My grand father can never be daft as you
Eh. E don dey shele?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2022
David50:

Thanks.
That's the speed the torque converter usually locks up.

Could it be failing?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2022
9icetoo:

Could it be failing?

Bros, we are trying to act like medical practitioners here. When they know a patient won’t make it, they’ll tell the loved ones to ‘take him home and make him comfortable’. Me think that should apply here too lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Feranmhine: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2022
Which scanner can you recommend for personal use
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:05pm On Oct 15, 2022
Feranmhine:
Which scanner can you recommend for personal use
Any cheap scanner that can communicate with your car

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Feranmhine: 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2022
kingreign:

Any cheap scanner that can communicate with your car

Ok thanks

My car is Camry 2003

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by David50: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2022
9icetoo:

Could it be failing?

Hmm.. it might be o.

I'll keep babying it until another alternative or solution comes up
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2022
kingreign:

Have someone who knows his onion check the socket if any pin is bent in the ECU, and in the socket that connects to the transmission
Nothing of such.

Though, the input/turbine speed sensor error is still there even after changing the sensor and rewiring.

Do you think the wrong ECU is responsible for this error?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2022
alaricsaltzman:

Nothing of such.

Though, the input/turbine speed sensor error is still there even after changing the sensor and rewiring.

Do you think the wrong ECU is responsible for this error?

I’m looking toward the ECU being a culprit. That said, I have not diagnosed or tested the car so I am not 100% sure.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 10:10am On Oct 16, 2022
kingreign:

I’m looking toward the ECU being a culprit. That said, I have not diagnosed or tested the car so I am not 100% sure.
Okay then. I guess I'll just have to be patient until I see the correct ECU part number.

It's super scarce.

But I wonder why 89661-02M90 won't work.

Can a change in 1 number affect the functionality of the car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2022
alaricsaltzman:

Okay then. I guess I'll just have to be patient until I see the correct ECU part number.

It's super scarce.

But I wonder why 89661-02M90 won't work.

Can a change in 1 number affect the functionality of the car?

That single difference in part number is an indication that it’s not meant for your car. Your car’s exact part number ought to match all figure and character on the ecu sticker.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 10:27am On Oct 16, 2022
kingreign:

That single difference in part number is an indication that it’s not meant for your car. Your car’s exact part number ought to match all figure and character on the ecu sticker.
Okay then.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jamal64: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
My car engine makes a rattling noise like ke ke ke ke when accelerating sometimes when climbing a hill or when you suddenly press the acceleration to increase speed .

I have changed the plugs, what can be the issue. I use a C300 MB 2010
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
Jamal64:
My car makes a rattling noise like ke ke ke ke when accelerating sometimes when climbing a hill or when you suddenly press the acceleration to increase speed .

I have changed the plugs, what can be the issue. I use a C300 MB 2010
Is this ’kekekekekeke’ sound coming from the leg or the engine?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jamal64: 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
kingreign:

Is this ’kekekekekeke’ sound coming from the leg or the engine?
engine
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2022
Jamal64:
engine

If you’re in abuja, feel free to contact me let’s check and diagnose the cause of the kekekeke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.