Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98881 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2023
jojomario:
liasu Rd ikotun area Lagos.
You can call 07089030689 for peace of mind
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2023
kingreign:

Wear the quoted pls.

Also, more quotes from Quora.com,
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1788962

Etc
As a rule, I use my handbrake occasionally if I'm tired of using the brakes in a stop and go traffic and only switch from D to N if the traffic exceeds 4mins as I'll be saving my gear from heating up that way.
It would be WRONG to switch from D to P as I see most people do. Because by doing so, you're changing the fluid direction and messing up the internals and working mechanism of the gear.
Is it safe to change to Neutral in a long traffic wait? Absolutely yes. But not safe for an habitual switch for a 1min waiting period.
You're also saving on gas that way too.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2023
3kay945:
Good morning bosses in the house,
Plsz, what is meaning of the light on dashboard?
Rx300 2001 model
You have issues with your traction control system. Scan the car with a good scanner then post code for assistance. You might see an ABS related code.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2023
Therockauto:

Lekki, Marwa 08167071246
it's far from my place. Thank you sir.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2023
kingreign:

Solve the cause of misfires, the P0012 should disappear
I have decided to go for another engine. How can I differentiate Japan and America specs by physical inspection. I am going with an auto technician. I don't want to be bamboozled.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2023
jojomario:
I have decided to go for another engine. How can I differentiate Japan and America specs by physical inspection. I am going with an auto technician. I don't want to be bamboozled.
Read the VIN on the engine block. That's the best way to tell them apart.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2023
jceesquare:

Read the VIN on the engine block. That's the best way to tell them apart.
you get mouth. Thanks a lot
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Therockauto(m): 6:18pm On Jan 20, 2023
kingreign:

Where did you read or heard or learn about this from?
It’s totally untrue and needless.
Do you want to hit the car in your front, can you explain more to me cause we learn from argument
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by louken(m): 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
Therockauto:

After you erased the 3 fault codes, which fault code did it later bring? Because that fault normally comes from the gearbox valve body or ECM, ask me more about it at 08167071246
Did that before coming to nairaland.
P0986 appeared in the first scanning.
P0500, P0986 and P0798 appeared in the second scanning
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by louken(m): 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2023
timenamoney:
The speed sensor is located wetin the gear box, it reports to the ECU or ECM how many times the tires has rotate to determine how many miles a car has covered, and also help to determine your engine oil change interval etc , if the rubber teeths are worn out or the ECU speedometer display panel at the dashboard is failing it trigger an obd code to warn you.
Timenamoney
Thank you bro.
Timenamoney
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2023
timenamoney:
The speed sensor is located wetin the gear box, it reports to the ECU or ECM how many times the tires has rotate to determine how many miles a car has covered, and also help to determine your engine oil change interval etc , if the rubber teeths are worn out or the ECU speedometer display panel at the dashboard is failing it trigger an obd code to warn you.
Timenamoney

Please explain what you meant here by the engine oil change interval due to the the ECU reading how many tines the tire has rotated. Is this for cars where you can set their oil life?
And secondly, can one fully trust the oil life monitor in cars?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by stanlotion(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2023
Pls help me resolve this: My 1999 Camry 2.2 selects fuel pump. It doesn't use new fuel pump. It only uses Belgium fuel pump. That's the only pump that makes the engine to run smoothly. But have seen other Camry of same model use new fuel pump. What could be the cause?
Pls help a brother as the Belgium pump is more expensive besides, it is not readily available as the new pump .
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2023
stanlotion:
Pls help me resolve this: My 1999 Camry 2.2 selects fuel pump. It doesn't use new fuel pump. It only uses Belgium fuel pump. That's the only pump that makes the engine to run smoothly. But have seen other Camry of same model use new fuel pump. What could be the cause?
Pls help a brother as the Belgium pump is more expensive besides, it is not readily available as the new pump .
Stick to what it accepts na. Most new pumps sold cheaply are knock offs aka poor quality aftermarket parts.
Also, pumps shouldn’t be failing frequently except your vehicle Electrical or engine is having some underlying problems stressing these pumps or you run your car till the tank empties.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by timenamoney: 9:08am On Jan 21, 2023
vivalavida:

Please explain what you meant here by the engine oil change interval due to the the ECU reading how many tines the tire has rotated. Is this for cars where you can set their oil life?
And secondly, can one fully trust the oil life monitor in cars?
every car has a specific engine oil change interval recommended by the car manufacturers , when the engine oil should be removed and replaced with a new one , and it determine buy how many times the tires rotate, which is calculated by the ECU or car computer (Nigerians call it brain box) with the help of the speed sensor rotating in the gear box reporting to ECU, the ECU displays it at the dashboard display panel where the speedometer displays, you can see plastic stick poking out of the speedometer,it used to reset the miles to zero when my miles get to 5000 miles which is my camry recommend engine oil change interval

Cars with oil life has a specific miles it covers before the warning displays but my camry does not display oil life rather it displays milage covered

And second I trust but don't fully trust my the recommended engine oil change interval, I use my common sense to determine sometimes, if my engine oil change interval is 5000 Miles or 6 month , what happens to the hours we spend in go slow and hold ups so I change at 4500 and 500 goes for idle time

Cheers timenamoney
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 9:48am On Jan 21, 2023
timenamoney:
every car has a specific engine oil change interval recommended by the car manufacturers , when the engine oil should be removed and replaced with a new one , and it determine buy how many times the tires rotate, which is calculated by the ECU or car computer (Nigerians call it brain box) with the help of the speed sensor rotating in the gear box reporting to ECU, the ECU displays it at the dashboard display panel where the speedometer displays, you can see plastic stick poking out of the speedometer,it used to reset the miles to zero when my miles get to 5000 miles which is my camry recommend engine oil change interval

Cars with oil life has a specific miles it covers before the warning displays but my camry does not display oil life rather it displays milage covered

And second I trust but don't fully trust my the recommended engine oil change interval, I use my common sense to determine sometimes, if my engine oil change interval is 5000 Miles or 6 month , what happens to the hours we spend in go slow and hold ups so I change at 4500 and 500 goes for idle time

Cheers timenamoney

Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by timenamoney: 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2023
jceesquare:

I disagree with the bolded. Leaving the car on neutral should not stress the gear in anyway, but rather idling with a drive gear (R or D) is what stresses the gear.
There is a misunderstanding that lead to that comment but we are all I the same track

I said one of the Factor's that lead to fuel consumption is= driving with out putting your car in neutral, which means if you don't put your car in Neutral at go slow the gear will be stressed and consum more fuel in Drive
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by timenamoney: 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2023
louken:
I started experiencing sluggish acceleration at second and, sometimes, third. Beyond that the vehicle moves smoothly.
I scanned and got these codes: P0500, P0986 and P0798.
Please how do I tackle this problem especially with the last two codes that point to solenoid.
Will replacing the gear brain box solve the problem.
Also, where is the vehicle speed sensor A located. (P0500)

Car is 2006 Rx330 AWD
P0500 =transmission speed sensor malfunctioning,

P0986=transmission shift solenoid malfunctioning

P0798=transmission pressure control solenoid c malfunctioning

All this items are replaceable , and can be tested by a professional not a qwak kazeem before replacement

PLEASE KINDLY DISREGARD ANYONE TELLING YOU TO BUY A NEW TRANSMISSION , WIPE THE CODES AND AND DRIVE TO SEE WHICH ONE COMES BACK AGAIN

REMEMBER TIMENAMONEY cool
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by timenamoney: 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
kingreign:

Replace gearbox.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:52am On Jan 17
louken:
I started experiencing sluggish acceleration at second and, sometimes, third. Beyond that the vehicle moves smoothly.
Please how do I tackle this problem especially with the last two codes that point to solenoid.

Car is 2006 Rx330 AWD

PLEASE KINDLY DISREGARD THIS UNRECOMMENDED ADVICE FOR TROUBLESHOOTING YOUR PROBLEM

THE GEAR DOES NOT HAVE IT'S OWN BRAIN BOX, RATHER IT HAS SENSOR'S, SOLENOID, VALVE, THAT REPORTS TO THE CAR ECU OR ECM (BRAIN BOX ) FOR PROPER TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE OPERATION FOR PROPER MOVEMENTS, THE MANUFACTURERS KNOW THIS ITEMS MAY GET BAD AND BE REPLACED, THAT WHY YOU HAVE THE CODE TO IDENTIFY THE PARTICULAR COURSE OF THE SLUGGISH ACCELERATION, AND WILL NEVER ADVICE YOU TO BUY A NEW TRANSMISSION , WHAT IF YOU BUY A NEW TRANSMISSION AND A TRANSMISSION OBD CODE COMES ON AGAIN , WILL YOU PREFER REPEATEDLY CHANGING TRANSMISSION'S ?

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by stanlotion(m): 5:30pm On Jan 21, 2023
kingreign:

Stick to what it accepts na. Most new pumps sold cheaply are knock offs aka poor quality aftermarket parts.
Also, pumps shouldn’t be failing frequently except your vehicle Electrical or engine is having some underlying problems stressing these pumps or you run your car till the tank empties.

Alright thanks for the advice
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
timenamoney:
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:52am On Jan 17
louken:

Car is 2006 Rx330 AWD

PLEASE KINDLY DISREGARD THIS UNRECOMMENDED ADVICE FOR TROUBLESHOOTING YOUR PROBLEM

THE GEAR DOES NOT HAVE IT'S OWN BRAIN BOX, RATHER IT HAS SENSOR'S, SOLENOID, VALVE, THAT REPORTS TO THE CAR ECU OR ECM (BRAIN BOX ) FOR PROPER TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE OPERATION FOR PROPER MOVEMENTS, THE MANUFACTURERS KNOW THIS ITEMS MAY GET BAD AND BE REPLACED, THAT WHY YOU HAVE THE CODE TO IDENTIFY THE PARTICULAR COURSE OF THE SLUGGISH ACCELERATION, AND WILL NEVER ADVICE YOU TO BUY A NEW TRANSMISSION , WHAT IF YOU BUY A NEW TRANSMISSION AND A TRANSMISSION OBD CODE COMES ON AGAIN , WILL YOU PREFER REPEATEDLY CHANGING TRANSMISSION'S ?

Pls, kindly open your own thread and stop detailing my thread with needless and untested advise born out of zero experience.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by timenamoney: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2023
louken:

Wow
[color=#990000][/color]LOL shocked grin
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by clinician2x: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
Pls oo. I recently took my car to a car wash, everything was pressure washed including engine bay and right from that moment, I'm experiencing misfires and jeering at idle and rough acceleration. I've called two mechanics so far, they have changed the plugs, clean the injectors and nozzles and airfilter all of those but I'm still experiencing this issue. My mpg is dropping from the usual 16mpg city driving to around 10mpg now. Car is lexus es 300, 03.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
clinician2x:
Pls oo. I recently took my car to a car wash, everything was pressure washed including engine bay and right from that moment, I'm experiencing misfires and jeering at idle and rough acceleration. I've called two mechanics so far, they have changed the plugs, clean the injectors and nozzles and airfilter all of those but I'm still experiencing this issue. My mpg is dropping from the usual 16mpg city driving to around 10mpg now. Car is lexus es 300, 03.

Scan and post codes here. We will assist you with the remote work.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
louken:

Wow
There’s a reason I asked you to replace that transmission. Your car came from factory with a U151F transmission AKA 13pin gearbox. It’s a very sensitive transmission and doesn’t tolerate abuse or any error. It’s not a forgiving transmission by any measure. It’s easier for me to ask you to repair that transmission and go about my own life, but you’d be the one spending money to fix something which the technicians won’t give you a guarantee or the valve body or solenoid part sellers won’t offer buy back guarantee. Your best bet here is to replace that transmission with a tokunbo unit and 1 week warranty and call it a day.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by clinician2x: 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
kingreign:

Scan and post codes here. We will assist you with the remote work.

I have misfire on cyl 4 (p0304) as the only code. Now when I clear it and drive, it will not show up and acceleration will be steady for as long as but once I park and get out, only to start the car much later to move, car will start jerking and check engine will appear and start blinking for a few seconds and acceleration will be steady if I drive for say 5 mins. On anothercold start however the cycle continues.. I have changed all plugs and mechs have cleaned the injectors.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
clinician2x:

I have misfire on cyl 4 (p0304) as the only code. Now when I clear it and drive, it will not show up and acceleration will be steady for as long as but once I park and get out, only to start the car much later to move, car will start jerking and check engine will appear and start blinking for a few seconds and acceleration will be steady if I drive for say 5 mins. On anothercold start however the cycle continues.. I have changed all plugs and mechs have cleaned the injectors.
Having checked and performed the following above, swap the coils if it still persist, run a compression test wet and dry compression test pls.

Hope you didn’t hydro locked that 4th cylinder
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by timenamoney: 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
clinician2x:

since you have an obd code p0304= cylinder 4 misfire WHICH CAN COURSE BAD FUEL ECONOMY, injector, plugs, have been attended to , I advice a good pro check or change the plug coil wire at cylinder 4, why making SURE the ignition system is bringing enough current to the plug coil wire to ignite the fuel and air ratio in the cylinder, do a compression test, make sure you use themostat to help engine reach it operating temperature on time so fuel can burn completely to avoid flooding the cylinder WITH UNBURNT FUEL and end up losing your caterlyst and degrading Your engine oil , also make sure your PVC valve is working properly, because if the pressure water find it way inside the engine oil how will it get out? Pcv helps to Give access while expelling heat inside the engine , to expell the evaporated water , when the engine get to it operating temperature with the help of the themostat Temperature regulation.

The injector nozzle at cylinder 4 that have been serviced , may not be functioning properly ,it should be switched to confirm or replace if faulty

PLS Note: blinking of the check engine mean a very severe Condition

TIMENAMONEY
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2023
timenamoney:
There is a misunderstanding that lead to that comment but we are all I the same track

I said one of the Factor's that lead to fuel consumption is= driving with out putting your car in neutral, which means if you don't put your car in Neutral at go slow the gear will be stressed and consum more fuel in Drive
I didn't agree or disagree with your statement sir/ma

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2023
Finally, they’ve successfully derailed the thread for their selfish benefits.

…Unfollows thread…
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 9:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
kingreign:

Pls, kindly open your own thread and stop detailing my thread with needless and untested advise born out of zero experience.

Thank you.
Hehehehe
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 3kay945(m): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
jceesquare:

You have issues with your traction control system. Scan the car with a good scanner then post code for assistance. You might see an ABS related code.

No check light bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.