Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (101403 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
gratefulheart:
What can make Hyundai Elantra 2014 not to start? They have check the smart key, fuse box, smart key box and still the same. Please, what can be done?

Spark,
Timing,
Fuel,
Compression.
If any of these is absent, the car won’t start.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by gratefulheart(m): 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
All these are present because I drove it to somewhere and spent less than 30mins got back and it didn't start. It doesn't even Cranks. Dashboard light does not come on.

kingreign:

Spark,
Timing,
Fuel,
Compression.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by seanfer(m): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2023
kingreign:

Spark,
Timing,
Fuel,
Compression.

Good evening Boss.
Fuel tank was leaking and it was brought down after fixing it, now the tank is seriously vomiting when buying fuel. What are the things to check or fix to solve this.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
seanfer:

Good evening Boss.
Fuel tank was leaking and it was brought down after fixing it, now the tank is seriously vomiting when buying fuel. What are the things to check or fix to solve this.
check if the tank inlet piping is properly installed and tightened to prevent any leaks. Also, check for cracks in tank or along the inlet tube. Finally, check purge valve (it’s part of the evap system) and blockage in the evap system as a whole.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
gratefulheart:
All these are present because I drove it to somewhere and spent less than 30mins got back and it didn't start. It doesn't even Cranks. Dashboard light does not come on.

Starter motor aka kick starter??
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MrHighSea: 2:06am On Jan 15, 2023
2008 Yaris vibrates alot even when idle without AC. Spark plugs were ruled out. Mechanic is telling me it's a component (forgot the name) attached to No. 1 valve and costs like 7k. Secondly, it's speedometer is not working.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 7:03am On Jan 15, 2023
kingreign:

Spark,
Timing,
Fuel,
Compression.
You forgot AIR sir.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:05am On Jan 15, 2023
jceesquare:

You forgot AIR sir.

Ah you’re right.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ekenem123: 9:59am On Jan 15, 2023
Good morning my good people..
A friend wants to buy Toyota Corolla in ibadan from a car smuggler that uses saki axis to smuggle cars from cotonuo to Nigeria..
The problem is the car smuggler said his cars does not have original clearing papers...

My friend is seeking advice on buying a car without custom clearance papers ....
please your advice is needed urgently please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:10am On Jan 15, 2023
Ekenem123:
A friend wants to buy Toyota Corolla in ibadan from a car smuggler that uses saki axis to smuggle cars from cotonuo to Nigeria..
The problem is the car smuggler said his cars does not have original clearing papers...

My friend is seeking advice on buying a car without custom clearance papers ....

Permission to give advice declined!

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by snipsland: 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hello, please my mechanic put WS into my CVT FE gear by drain technique.. Vehicle refuses to move in drive or reverse… Has anyone experienced this problem. What options do I have??
We just drained the oil and would add CVT FE soon. I just need all recommendations. Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ekenem123: 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
kingreign:

Permission to give advice declined!

Please Grant my humble permission
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
snipsland:
Hello, please my mechanic put WS into my CVT FE gear by drain technique.. Vehicle refuses to move in drive or reverse… Has anyone experienced this problem. What options do I have??
We just drained the oil and would add CVT FE soon. I just need all recommendations. Thanks
Haaaa!

Well, flush out the fluid and put CVT FE while keeping your fingers crossed and praying fervently.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by snipsland: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
Thank you, does that mean my gear filter would be removed by flushing? Or I should stick with the draining thats been done.
In worst scenario.. If transmission gets changed, can the vehicle remain as sharp it had been?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by calculation(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ekenem123:

Please Don't buy such vehicle. What you will face can't be explain here. Again withdraw from the Deal.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingdemu: 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ekenem123:

Buy it. Worse case scenario, it gets seized by Customs and you become car-less. You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ekenem123: 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
calculation:

Please Don't buy such vehicle. What you will face can't be explain here. Again withdraw from the Deal.

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ekenem123: 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Kingdemu:
Buy it. Worse case scenario, it gets seized by Customs and you become car-less. You're welcome.

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by prevail23(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
Good evening boss.

I drive a Honda 2004 EOD.
When i want to sellect gear the selection doesn't correlate with the one showing on the Dashboard, and even if i move the gear and put it on "grin" or "R" or "N" it doesn't enter directly, I'll have to move the gear handle a bit back and forth while looking at the dashboard and still checking the engine sound to hear or see when it has entered...but when it enters the gear selects perfectly without issues...please what could be wrong? My mechanic was saying something about gear wire and requesting for 15k
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by gratefulheart(m): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
I don't understand what you mean?

kingreign:

Starter motor aka kick starter??
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by quam9997(m): 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2023
Good evening bosses, I’m experiencing an issues with my Honda accord. It drags whenever I accelerate before it becomes stable then when I’m close to like 40mph. It begins to jerks and I have to slow down. Accelerating now takes times, drags and louder. More like the engine doesn’t have enough power to fire.

When I scanned it’s was showing solenoid sensor. I replaced that and also topped the transmission oil and I’ve gone as far as changing fuel pump. It was fine for two days and now again it has started and I really don’t know what’s wrong with it.

Expert advice is needed.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:09am On Jan 16, 2023
prevail23:
Good evening boss.

When i want to sellect gear the selection doesn't correlate with the one showing on the Dashboard, and even if i move the gear and put it on "grin" or "R" or "N" it doesn't enter directly, I'll have to move the gear handle a bit back and forth while looking at the dashboard and still checking the engine sound to hear or see when it has entered...but when it enters the gear selects perfectly without issues...please what could be wrong? My mechanic was saying something about gear wire and requesting for 15k
Re-align the PRND switch, if it still acts up, replace it.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ArticleBeast: 8:11am On Jan 16, 2023
Ekenem123:

You should slap your friend. He will cry if e goes ahead
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ArticleBeast: 8:11am On Jan 16, 2023
prevail23:
Good evening boss.

Gear cable
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lexus RX 350 jerks when I step on the throttle pedal. It only jerks while accelerating anytime I step on the throttle pedal.
No check engine light ON

What could be the issue?

please I need advice
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2023
josephsm823:
Lexus RX 350 jerks when I step on the throttle pedal. It only jerks while accelerating anytime I step on the throttle pedal.
No check engine light ON

What could be the issue?

please I need advice

Stop trying to step on the throttle pedal cheesy
Okay okay I am only trying to pull your legs.

Those U151F and U151E transmissions are known to ‘have a mind of their own’ and may delay or even suddenly shift causing that jerk when you try to accelerate sometimes. But I think you may have to give it to a technician to have a look at the car abs properly diagnose this issue so you don’t end up stalling the vehicle when you need to accelerate.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jeff1607(m): 8:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
My Nissan sunny 2011 has the dashboard light flickering and all the arrows cat seem to stay put to ascertain their functions as it goes up and comes down and also AC dies pick up until it gets heated by the sun, any solution?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2023
jeff1607:
My Nissan sunny 2011 has the dashboard light flickering and all the arrows cat seem to stay put to ascertain their functions as it goes up and comes down and also AC dies pick up until it gets heated by the sun, any solution?

I don’t understand, pls explain better
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Buchika: 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
Please house any suggestions on the best personal scanner for 1st generation Toyota highlander v6 to buy.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jeff1607(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2023
kingreign:

I don’t understand, pls explain better

For instance the fuel meter gauge doesn’t stay put to show the actual amount of the fuel in the car , it goes up n falls down like the hand of a clock , all the corresponding gauges does the same
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by prevail23(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2023
kingreign:

Re-align the PRND switch, if it still acts up, replace it.
thanks bro
Will update here if it works.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
jeff1607:

For instance the fuel meter gauge doesn’t stay put to show the actual amount of the fuel in the car , it goes up n falls down like the hand of a clock , all the corresponding gauges does the same
I have no idea what’s wrong with it. Have a competent electrician check it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (130) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? / What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.