Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98900 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
amusaaj33:
Guru in the house, my Opel zafira space wagon is over heating. I changed the gasket not quite ago. After a week, the over heating continue. I was advised to double the gasket, change the radiator with bigger cooling fan. I need your advice or recommend a good mechanic within Iju/Ishaga axis. Thanks

I don’t know what to advise you to do because I don’t know how well the car was fixed.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 12:10am On Mar 17, 2023
Hello house.

my 2003 matrix auto tranny started acting up recently. When changing from gear 1 to 2, it revs up to almost 3000 rpms before changing and going to around 800 rpm. There's also this funny metallic sound when it does this. If I press the accelerator, the car jumps forward and the engine revs up a lot. I've changed the tranny fluid, changed valve body, still same thing.

Scanned the car today and error code for knock sensor was shown. No tranny codes. I'm a bit confused here. The car drove fine up till about 4 days ago when this started.

Any ideas on the issue pls?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 5:23am On Mar 17, 2023
amusaaj33:
Guru in the house, my Opel zafira space wagon is over heating. I changed the gasket not quite ago. After a week, the over heating continue. I was advised to double the gasket, change the radiator with bigger cooling fan. I need your advice or recommend a good mechanic within Iju/Ishaga axis. Thanks
Most time, changing gasket is not usually the solution to sever overheating. Your mechanic should have inspected for the cause of the overheating in the first place, then have the block and cylinder head checked for cracks and warpage before slapping a new gasket to it.
You can call 07089030689. Workshop is at Abule-Egba.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by amusaaj33(m): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2023
jceesquare:

Most time, changing gasket is not usually the solution to sever overheating. Your mechanic should have inspected for the cause of the overheating in the first place, then have the block and cylinder head checked for cracks and warpage before slapping a new gasket to it.
You can call 07089030689. Workshop is at Abule-Egba.
.....Thank
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by delan40(m): 9:33pm On Mar 17, 2023
Glocal1:
Get your electrician to fix the earth wire in it(a black thick wire)
Thanks so much bro, you are blessed. I got your message late
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:06am On Mar 18, 2023
theadeola:
Hello house.

my 2003 matrix auto tranny started acting up recently. When changing from gear 1 to 2, it revs up to almost 3000 rpms before changing and going to around 800 rpm. There's also this funny metallic sound when it does this. If I press the accelerator, the car jumps forward and the engine revs up a lot. I've changed the tranny fluid, changed valve body, still same thing.

Scanned the car today and error code for knock sensor was shown. No tranny codes. I'm a bit confused here. The car drove fine up till about 4 days ago when this started.

Fix the knock sensor code, try drain ATF, change Trans filter, check if the transmission sump had been pushed in and push it out. Pour in fresh ATF and test. If it works, you’re fine, if it doesn’t, replace transmission.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2023
kingreign:

Fix the knock sensor code, try drain ATF, change Trans filter, check if the transmission sump had been pushed in and push it out. Pour in fresh ATF and test. If it works, you’re fine, if it doesn’t, replace transmission.

The ATF in it is new, I did a drain and refill last week. I also changed the trans filter recently.

Should I still do the drain and refill again?

Thank you for your response.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
theadeola:

The ATF in it is new, I did a drain and refill last week. I also changed the trans filter recently.

Should I still do the drain and refill again?

Thank you for your response.
Replace transmission sir.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jonn119: 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
About changing faulty radiator is is advisable to buy a new one or a tokumbo one and what make of new one is best
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jonn119:
About changing faulty radiator is is advisable to buy a new one or a tokumbo one and what make of new one is best
Buy brand new double cell radiator.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by celestial1: 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2023
Good day guru in the house, my highlander 2005 steering rank was leaked but it's soft and working fine,I take it to power steering mechanic to repair steering rank but to my surprise the power steering pump didn't pump again and steering is stiff then he told me I have to buy steering pump and I did he fix it steering still stiff,he return the pump and bring another one he fix it still stiff,I don't know what to do,I have been going to his office over 4days now
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 3seriez(m): 12:07am On Mar 19, 2023
I drive a camry 2013. On a recent Trip, noticed my ABS wasn't top notch as I was used too.
Got back and had a claimed expert check it out, problem was fixed. Noticed the ABS now working fine. Problem now is the Brake, ABS and Slip indicator warning lights are on permanently and won't go off.
Quick diagnostic check shows problem code C1428 and C146C.
Any solutions to this please?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:29am On Mar 19, 2023
3seriez:
I drive a camry 2013. On a recent Trip, noticed my ABS wasn't top notch as I was used too.
Got back and had a claimed expert check it out, problem was fixed. Noticed the ABS now working fine. Problem now is the Brake, ABS and Slip indicator warning lights are on permanently and won't go off.
Quick diagnostic check shows problem code C1428 and C146C.
Any solutions to this please?
An electrician should check the ABS motor relay or fuse and the wirings. If all are okay, replace ABS pump
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:33am On Mar 19, 2023
celestial1:
Good day guru in the house, my highlander 2005 steering rank was leaked but it's soft and working fine,I take it to power steering mechanic to repair steering rank but to my surprise the power steering pump didn't pump again and steering is stiff then he told me I have to buy steering pump and I did he fix it steering still stiff,he return the pump and bring another one he fix it still stiff,I don't know what to do,I have been going to his office over 4days now

There are somethings that are wear and tear items and once they’re worn out, they require outright replacement. The steering rack is one of them.

You’d need a competent technician to check rack, pressure pipes and pump. Ensure it’s all clean and not blocked. As it stands, I do not know the competency of the repair (which by the way I discourage). But you may have to replace steering rack, pump, the pressure pipe reservoir filter.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Haryee(m): 7:02am On Mar 19, 2023
Hello House, my '04 Rav4 stalls and hesitate at the slightest hill.. The power reduces after climbing ordinary bump.. They try scanning but couldn't as the brainbox was free code..
My mechanics said we should change the brainbox that it might likely be the problem because we've change pump, plugs, clean injector but problem persists..
Please anybody with this kind of problem and way out would be appreciated..
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 3seriez(m): 8:16am On Mar 19, 2023
kingreign:

An electrician should check the ABS motor relay or fuse and the wirings. If all are okay, replace ABS pump

Thanks. Appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 10:45am On Mar 19, 2023
Since I cleaned my throttle body, I noticed car started jerking when I step on the gas pedal.
What could be the cause My Sir's?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:56am On Mar 19, 2023
josephsm823:
Since I cleaned my throttle body, I noticed car started jerking when I step on the gas pedal.
What could be the cause My Sir's?
Name, model, engine type of car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
kingreign:

Name, model, engine type of car?
Lexus RX 350 2011
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
josephsm823:

Lexus RX 350 2011
Ensure you/your mechanic connected all sockets and vacuum lines properly. Disconnect battery terminal for 5mins, connect it back then take it for a drive of over 30mins, it should be fine after it relearn the new throttle input from you.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
kingreign:

Ensure you/your mechanic connected all sockets and vacuum lines properly. Disconnect battery terminal for 5mins, connect it back then take it for a drive of over 30mins, it should be fine after it relearn the new throttle input from you.
Ok sir... I will do this and revert back.
Thanks!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by phungva: 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
id4sho:

Good day, I use a 2003 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE. Recently, the driver side firewall started vibrating when vehicle is on Drive, no vibration on N or P. I changed fuel pump, my electrician washed the fuel pump assy using thinner. The vibration stopped for some days. CEL is on after driving for some time. No CEL at starup. I also noticed increase in fuel consumption. One of the ignition coil is cracked and black tape was used to cover it. The last scanning didn't show any error codes.
Thanks in anticipation
Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your 2003 Toyota Camry. That vibration sounds pretty annoying. It's good to hear that the fuel pump replacement and cleaning helped for a bit, but it's strange that the vibration came back and that you're now experiencing an increase in fuel consumption.

The fact that there's a cracked ignition coil covered in tape is definitely cause for concern. It could be causing the CEL to come on and may be contributing to the increased fuel consumption. It's possible that the last scan didn't show any error codes because the issue hadn't progressed enough at that time.

Have you considered taking your car to a mechanic for a proper diagnosis? They may be able to pinpoint the issue and provide a more permanent solution. If the cost of repairs outweighs the value of the car, you might also consider contacting Cash for Cars Sydney. They could offer you a fair price for your old car and take it off your hands hassle-free.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your car troubles!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by David50: 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
theadeola:
Hello house.

Sometimes, a faulty knock sensor gives the feeling of a defective transmission.

Get an original brand new knock sensor for your vehicle.. Google the part number and double check before you buy.

Take note.. it MUST be brand new as it easy for your mechanic to install a defective one (in the name Belgium used).

You will definitely notice improvement in the gear shift and general drivability.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
David50:

Sometimes, a faulty knock sensor gives the feeling of a defective transmission.

Get an original brand new knock sensor for your vehicle.. Google the part number and double check before you buy.

Take note.. it MUST be brand new as it easy for your mechanic to install a defective one (in the name Belgium used).

You will definitely notice improvement in the gear shift and general drivability.

Okay. I'll do this.

Thank you 🙏
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 9:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
kingreign:

Replace transmission sir.

Ha! Is there nothing that can be done? Maybe replacing the knock sensor?

A replacement tranny. Hmmm..
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
Good evening house. What could make my engine overheat when AC is on after some minutes.. I just changed the fan engine.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by frebor(m): 7:58am On Mar 20, 2023
jojomario:
Good evening house. What could make my engine overheat when AC is on after some minutes.. I just changed the fan engine.

Could be the fan is not turning in the right direction, have it checked again.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:32am On Mar 20, 2023
jojomario:
Check if the fan is spinning fast enough, or if both fans comes on (if your car uses twin fan system), check for air flow direction when fan is spinning, check if your radiator is dirty or clogged.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by darlingbrain(m): 10:32am On Mar 20, 2023
Gurus in the house, my 2010 Corolla shuts down when I put it in park
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
darlingbrain:
Gurus in the house, my 2010 Corolla shuts down when I put it in park
Scan and post codes, we will gladly advise accordingly.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Larwin(m): 3:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
jojomario:

Can radiator not working well cause this?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Adonis21(m): 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
My Gs 300 steering becomes strong most of the time what could be the cause ? It’s an electrical motor

Also the Ac suddenly stopped cooling , the compressor was changed, worked after sometime and later stopped working

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.