Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98827 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by WhizdomXX(m): 7:53am On Mar 21, 2023
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!
Toyota Rav4 car; suddenly starts moving slowly and smoking while on the road on a long trip. Opened the bonnet to see the water is steaming. Please what can be done?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:17am On Mar 21, 2023
WhizdomXX:

Toyota Rav4 car; suddenly starts moving slowly and smoking while on the road on a long trip. Opened the bonnet to see the water is steaming. Please what can be done?

What can be done is to allow the car cool down sufficiently , call in any road side kazeem to check what’s the cause and fix it temporarily for you to continue your journey where you’d have it properly fixed.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by WhizdomXX(m): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2023
kingreign:

What can be done is to allow the car cool down sufficiently , call in any road side kazeem to check what’s the cause and fix it temporarily for you to continue your journey where you’d have it properly fixed.
Thanks. Just found had the fan belt got cut and has even fallen out. Now I'm telling a road side kazeem and he's charging me 10k.
4k for the belt (belgium)
3k for workmanship
and 3k for bearing which he says it's stiff because it cracked.
I had the inclination to buy fan belt yesterday. Sincerely, e dey pain me.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2023
kingreign:

Check if the fan is spinning fast enough, or if both fans comes on (if your car uses twin fan system), check for air flow direction when fan is spinning, check if your radiator is dirty or clogged.
All checked and OK.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2023
frebor:

Could be the fan is not turning in the right direction, have it checked again.
checked and blowing the right way.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Asquare84(m): 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
My Mercedes e320 when on motion makes a cracking sound under the front legs what could be the cause and any solution.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by CallmeAbbey: 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/Long Crank Time
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Damscole: 11:27am On Mar 22, 2023
Gurus in the house please help me.my mechanic did a gear oil change on my 03 accord 4 plugs since then the gear has refused to enter gear two. From gear one if the thing selects to the next gear then the car won't move and the RPM will be fluctuating. I bought the gear like 7 months ago I just decided to change the oil.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:40am On Mar 22, 2023
CallmeAbbey:
Honda Accord 2009 Suffers From Hard Start/Long Crank Time
Have a competent technician check it. A lot of things can cause a hard start.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by amstamon: 11:45am On Mar 22, 2023
Pls which is better on steering pump? New or toks?
Car : Toyota camry 2009
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2023
Damscole:
Gurus in the house please help me.my mechanic did a gear oil change on my 03 accord 4 plugs since then the gear has refused to enter gear two. From gear one if the thing selects to the next gear then the car won't move and the RPM will be fluctuating. I bought the gear like 7 months ago I just decided to change the oil.

Replace gear box
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2023
amstamon:
Pls which is better on steering pump? New or toks?
Car : Toyota camry 2009

New is better if you can get Genuine OE or high quality aftermarket part.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by amstamon: 11:49am On Mar 22, 2023
kingreign:

New is better if you can get Genuine OE or high quality aftermarket part.
Thanks for your swift response!.
Genuine oem might be too expensive. Pls do u have any after market brand u might suggest? And pls like how much can it cost?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2023
amstamon:

Thanks for your swift response!.
Genuine oem might be too expensive. Pls do u have any after market brand u might suggest? And pls like how much can it cost?

DM
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoConsult: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2023
Check my signature. Just check it. You can hit me up on a call or on whatsapp.

I'll be happy to work with you.

You can also check my profile for more details. I have written something that might interest you. It's a short read but very educative.

See you soon❤️
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Damscole: 8:48pm On Mar 22, 2023
Am experiencing similar issue on my 03 accord I even cahnged new compressor but the thing still persist.
justdollars:
Thanks Kingreign, I didn't tamper with anything. If the AC is not on, the car drives smoothly. But as soon as I switch on the AC, it's as if the car is carrying a very heavy load. Acceleration isn't fast and climbing hill or bump with the AC turned on becomes a challenge.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2023
Damscole:
Am experiencing similar issue on my 03 accord I even cahnged new compressor but the thing still persist.
justdollars:
Thanks Kingreign, I didn't tamper with anything. If the AC is not on, the car drives smoothly. But as soon as I switch on the AC, it's as if the car is carrying a very heavy load. Acceleration isn't fast and climbing hill or bump with the AC turned on becomes a challenge.

If you’re in Abuja, contact me 07034581213 for proper diagnosis (not free tho)
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Tobia(m): 2:16am On Mar 23, 2023
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!

I am looking for Mitsubishi Outlander expert mechanic for my 2003 model. I will appreciate every help I could get. My location is Lagos. Tha ks

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by victorVIC1(m): 7:16am On Mar 23, 2023
Could someone please help with an estimate price of double cell radiator for 2015 Toyota Yaris? My mechanic said they told him 45K at Ladipo and a colleague changed his for similar car at 30K in December
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:26am On Mar 23, 2023
victorVIC1:
Could someone please help with an estimate price of double cell radiator for 2015 Toyota Yaris? My mechanic said they told him 45K at Ladipo and a colleague changed his for similar car at 30K in December
this thread isn’t meant to validate or invalidate the price of what your mechanic told you.

Thank you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:26am On Mar 23, 2023
Tobia:

I am looking for Mitsubishi Outlander expert mechanic for my 2003 model. I will appreciate every help I could get. My location is Lagos. Tha ks

No Mitsubishi mechanic contact.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Thewaterboy07: 9:22am On Mar 23, 2023
My car wasn’t working fine so I went to my mechanic to check. He said it’s airflow meter we went to buy new one and fix it’s still give the same issue is there any good mechanic you can recommend me to in lekki phase 1.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:46am On Mar 23, 2023
Thewaterboy07:
My car wasn’t working fine so I went to my mechanic to check. He said it’s airflow meter we went to buy new one and fix it’s still give the same issue is there any good mechanic you can recommend me to in lekki phase 1.

Is this car a toyota cricket 1986 model?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Damscole: 11:37am On Mar 23, 2023
Just like that? Can't it be fixed or something I just prife the gear it's 150k I can't afford it
oks any suggestions
kingreign:

Replace gear box
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2023
Damscole:
Just like that? Can't it be fixed or something I just prife the gear it's 150k I can't afford it
oks any suggestions
Park the car and trek or sell the car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by SBLamorde(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2023
Good day...am using Toyota Avensis 2008 lift back. For the past 2wks, I've been battling with throttle failure....it Fails/ picks at intervals...from Gombe, what'd way out pls.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dumas32(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2023
Hi guys, check engine light came on and this is what i got when scaned. 2008 Camry l4.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
Dumas32:
Hi guys, check engine light came on and this is what i got when scaned. 2008 Camry l4.
Replace the Downstream O2 sensor. It’s under the car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 2pump: 6:02am On Mar 25, 2023
Good day guys! Toyota Camry 2013 Pls there is this knocking sound that I hear when driving most especially on a rough road it will be sounding like ke ke ke or when I enter porthole or climb a little stone but the sound is lesser when I’m on a smooth road…and the sound will be there even if I take my leg off the throttle so far the car is moving it will make that sounds pls help what can be done to fix it ?…..thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:40am On Mar 25, 2023
2pump:
Good day guys! Toyota Camry 2013 Pls there is this knocking sound that I hear when driving most especially on a rough road it will be sounding like ke ke ke or when I enter porthole or climb a little stone but the sound is lesser when I’m on a smooth road…and the sound will be there even if I take my leg off the throttle so far the car is moving it will make that sounds pls help what can be done to fix it ?…..thanks
have a competent technician check it. I can’t advise more than this. If you are in Abuja, contact me to check it and let you know what’s happening.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by BoboKush(m): 2:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
My corolla 2006 check engine came up
Scanned result show this

What do u suggest

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by formaxy: 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
Hello, I use a Hyundai Elantra 2014. ABS light keeps coming on. How do I fix this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.