Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98774 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by cellywit: 4:43am On May 21, 2023
my engine cover leaks oil around the seal i have used black gum to seal it several times but issues still persist. camry muscle 09 xle.

Secondly the AC keeps cutting like it works and stop at intervals and pick up again.

Happy motoring!![/quote]
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:55am On May 21, 2023
nitt:

A/f = Airflow sensor (right?).

Getting the CVVT and O2 sensors may prove difficult due to my current location.

I don't know if you have them in stock?.

I don’t have them in stock sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 8:28am On May 21, 2023
cellywit:

my engine cover leaks oil around the seal i have used black gum to seal it several times but issues still persist. camry muscle 09 xle.

Secondly the AC keeps cutting like it works and stop at intervals and pick up again.

Happy motoring!!

Replace the valve cover gasket. Gum will not solve the problem. Buy a new gasket and replace the old one.

Check the refrigerant in your system. Low refrigerant can sometimes cause what you are experiencing.

Have an AC technician who uses a gauge to check it though and check if the compressor is failing.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nobody: 9:50am On May 21, 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nitt: 11:00am On May 21, 2023
kingreign:

I don’t have them in stock sir

Noted. Thanks for the help
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:02pm On May 21, 2023
cellywit:

Happy motoring!!

Replace the Valve cover Gasket plenum to stop the oil leaks and also have the AC system checked by a competent AC technician.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by georgee(m): 7:51pm On May 21, 2023
My Toyota RAV 4 2015/2016 engine goes off while driving or warming the car... This started when my fuel tank was changed cos of fuel leakage from previous tank.

It happened yesterday morning while warming the car and today again while driving undecided

Then today, I noticed TRAC OFF light is on and I have tried to switch it off to no avail. I even watched youtube video on how to off..nothing worked

Three problems am facing

Car engine goes off while driving/warming
TRAC OFF light is on
Check engine light won't go off

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 7:58pm On May 21, 2023
georgee:
My Toyota RAV 4 2015/2016 engine goes off while driving or warming the car... This started when my fuel tank was changed cos of fuel leakage from previous tank.

It happened yesterday morning while warming the car and today again while driving undecided

Then today, I noticed TRAC OFF light is on and I have tried to switch it off to no avail. I even watched youtube video on how to off..nothing worked

Three problems am facing

TRAC OFF light is on

Try scan your car first
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:29pm On May 21, 2023
georgee:

Three problems am facing

TRAC OFF light is on

You need to go over what previous technician fixed, then have a competent technician to diagnose the car. If you’re in abuja, you may fix an appointment with me to do this for you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by georgee(m): 9:00pm On May 21, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Try scan your car first

The scan results then said we should clean the injector something... We bought fuel purifier and poured into the tank.. It didn't work
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by georgee(m): 9:02pm On May 21, 2023
kingreign:

You need to go over what previous technician fixed, then have a competent technician to diagnose the car. If you’re in abuja, you may fix an appointment with me to do this for you.
I just called my mechanic to get back to the guy who previously sold us the new tank. Cos the guy said if issues still dey that he will need to change the fuel tank again.. The thing is beginning to give me psychological issue

I am in Surulere Lagos

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Burchester: 3:30pm On May 22, 2023
jimts:

If it is the 4plugs engine and it happens only on first start up in the morning, the culprit is the VTC actuator and the ultimate cause of its failure is the use of wrong grade oil and/or prolonged oil change intervals.

If you feed me with a scan data I can give you a potential solution to this problem.

Thanks,

AutoJando

P0011 timing over advance

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2023
georgee:

The scan results then said we should clean the injector something... We bought fuel purifier and poured into the tank.. It didn't work
The scan didn't say that.

Post the codes from the scan.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dionpholly(m): 10:35pm On May 22, 2023
Good day everyone, when car(corolla 2006) started consuming fuel more like before, what could be the causes/factors and possible solution pls
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by georgee(m): 11:06am On May 23, 2023
9icetoo:

Another one will be scanned today.. Will send pictures
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by georgee(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2023
9icetoo:

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by adubam(m): 2:19pm On May 23, 2023
@ Kingreign. Belgium or new shocks which is better. Keeping in mind that most new ones are China made
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:08pm On May 23, 2023
adubam:
@ Kingreign. Belgium or new shocks which is better. Keeping in mind that most new ones are China made
There are high quality brand new aftermarket shocks.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by adubam(m): 3:56pm On May 23, 2023
kingreign:

There are high quality brand new aftermarket shocks.

OK. Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoJando: 4:06pm On May 23, 2023
Burchester:

P0011 timing over advance

Okay, this might be what I was suspecting. It all boils down to the oil you use and the replacement interval.
On the bright side, you may not spend any money on parts because this code is synonymous with clogged screen filters shrouding the openings of the VTC solenoid. Rather than referring you to any of the guys I know, I would give you this video link to use as a guide to direct your own mechanic on what to do.

I've had a few bad experiences referring car owners to other mechos when I'm not there to supervise what's going on.

So here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GXDuq_-XDo

AutoJando

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by GentlePEACE: 4:21pm On May 24, 2023
Can someone help me a Car part dealer's number from ladipo

i want to buy ABS Module for my Camry 08
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by GentlePEACE: 4:26pm On May 24, 2023
kingreign:

Change to thicker oil weight if you’re using lighter oil weight, or keep checking and topping frequently, if you want to take it a step further, get the pistons rings, PCV valve and valve stem seal replaced or buy a tokunbo Japanese Camry engine.

how much does tokunbo Japanese Camry engine cost? just asking
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:18pm On May 24, 2023
GentlePEACE:

how much does tokunbo Japanese Camry engine cost? just asking
Pls DM
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by folake873: 3:42am On May 25, 2023
holysaint1:

the corolla is 05, the color of the transmission oil is light/black mixture and it does not have a smoky smell.

after reading, it showed "solar noise". was quite surprised it wasn't a code.

also another twist now is that coupled with the previous issue, currently, it doesn't change gear.

it just remains at gear 1.

wetin dey cause this one again cry

The car is having gear problem....you can repair the gear or you buy another one....

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Joseph77200(m): 9:44pm On May 25, 2023
greetings to all the agbas here and I appreciate your great work in this community.my car compressor isn't working again so I was asked to change the compressor from automatic to manual by ac repairer man so I want to confirm if it's okay to convert an automatic to manual and if it won't have any negative effect on the car, the car is camry 2013.thank you bosses
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2023
Joseph77200:
greetings to all the agbas here and I appreciate your great work in this community.my car compressor isn't working again so I was asked to change the compressor from automatic to manual by ac repairer man so I want to confirm if it's okay to convert an automatic to manual and if it won't have any negative effect on the car, the car is camry 2013.thank you bosses

Buy brand new Automatic Compressor, Condenser and all components that may had been affected.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Joseph77200(m): 5:59am On May 26, 2023
kingreign:

Buy brand new Automatic Compressor, Condenser and all components that may had been affected.

Appreciate boss
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by adubam(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2023
Joseph77200:

Appreciate boss

Boss Kingrein well done. I was using Mobil 20w50 and my RPM rarely moved to 4000rpm except moving upward a hill it was usually at 2000 - 3000 rpm . Since I changed to Shell Hellix 20w 50 moving up to 4000rpm occurs often. I'm confused now if to go back to Mobil or continue with the Shell Helix. Camry 2.2.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2023
adubam:

Boss Kingrein well done. I was using Mobil 20w50 and my RPM rarely moved to 4000rpm except moving upward a hill it was usually at 2000 - 3000 rpm . Since I changed to Shell Hellix 20w 50 moving up to 4000rpm occurs often. I'm confused now if to go back to Mobil or continue with the Shell Helix. Camry 2.2.

Find out why it does so. Your car doesn’t use a a VVT system so scan it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by adubam(m): 9:16am On May 26, 2023
kingreign:

Find out why it does so. Your car doesn’t use a a VVT system so scan it.

Ok thank you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by id4sho(m): 1:22pm On May 26, 2023
Good day kingreign, my 2003 2az-fe Camry shorts engine oil. I noticed that oil escapes through a hose from the valve cover through air filter pipe to idle air control valve. My oil drops massively after 3wks of service.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2023
id4sho:
Good day kingreign, my 2003 2az-fe Camry shorts engine oil. I noticed that oil escapes through a hose from the valve cover through air filter pipe to idle air control valve. My oil drops massively after 3wks of service.

Replace PCV valve, top up oil to appropriate levels, check for leaks fix it, observe if oil burns or escape.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.