Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98960 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Mayeldah(m): 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
kingreign:

What’s the mileage on the car and were those the original coils that came from factory with the car, are the coils genuine toyota coils and was there any water intrusion into the coil compartment?

Mileage is still around 55,000 though i doubt it becuase the speedometer wasn't working when i bought it, It is fixed now though. The car engine was changed years back and i don't have any history info of water intrusion.

Bought the car in April 2023 Nigerian used. If I can trace what is making the coils fail in a short time, then i have got it all solved to enjoy my ride.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2023
Mayeldah:

Mileage is still around 55,000 though i doubt it becuase the speedometer wasn't working when i bought it, It is fixed now though. The car engine was changed years back and i don't have any history info of water intrusion.

Bought the car in April 2023 Nigerian used. If I can trace what is making the coils fail in a short time, then i have got it all solved to enjoy my ride.

Ok
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Iwayem1: 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello Nairaland, I need expert advise on what needs to be done. My 2017 Toyota RAV4 tailgate(boot) opens by itself whenever I park on just starting the engine. And it keeps closing halfway and then opens again intermittently. I can spend 15mins trying to have this closed. Once it closes, it opens again by itself if I don't lock the car immediately. I have check to see there is nothing obstructing it from closing yet the problem persist. Kindly help.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
Iwayem1:
Hello Nairaland, I need expert advise on what needs to be done. My 2017 Toyota RAV4 tailgate(boot) opens by itself whenever I park on just starting the engine. And it keeps closing halfway and then opens again intermittently. I can spend 15mins trying to have this closed. Once it closes, it opens again by itself if I don't lock the car immediately. I have check to see there is nothing obstructing it from closing yet the problem persist. Kindly help.

Check the body control module, boot ECM, power rear hatch actuator and boot struts. One or more may had been damaged or has lost communication. If you’re in Abuja, feel free to contact me to diagnose and fix this issue.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Iwayem1: 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2023
Thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately I am in PH. Anyone you can hook me up with?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
Iwayem1:
Thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately I am in PH. Anyone you can hook me up with?

For now, none.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olaboyeh(m): 10:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
kingreign:

Replacement of vvt sprocket, use of good quality oils timely oil change.
how complicated is it please and estimated repair cost
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:23am On Jun 02, 2023
olaboyeh:

how complicated is it please and estimated repair cost
It involves your timing system. It should be done by only a qualified person. Cost is determined by a lot of factor which I may not be able to state here.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by skywalker240(m): 8:46am On Jun 02, 2023
Who knows how much this steering fluid cost, and where can I get it, can't seem to find it in Benin City

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:06am On Jun 02, 2023
skywalker240:
Who knows how much this steering fluid cost, and where can I get it, can't seem to find it in Benin City

DM WhatsApp
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by skywalker240(m): 9:16am On Jun 02, 2023
kingreign:

DM WhatsApp
Okay
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tupix(m): 10:16am On Jun 02, 2023
Good day All,
My 2006 Honda civic drags in the afternoon especially when the A/C is ON.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ndego1993: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
Please I need the help of experts here. I drive a 2005 Camry. I noticed that when I on ignition mostly in the morning, the car pushes out some white smoke and some pungent smell from the exhaust. This normalizes after some time. I complained to my mechanic who suggested I use Hadex oil for servicing but it has continued to bring out smoke and the smell.

Please what may be the cause and how do I fix it please.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Frenliwis(m): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
ndego1993:
Please I need the help of experts here. I drive a 2005 Camry. I noticed that when I on ignition mostly in the morning, the car pushes out some white smoke and some pungent smell from the exhaust. This normalizes after some time. I complained to my mechanic who suggested I use Hadex oil for servicing but it has continued to bring out smoke and the smell.

I am currently experiencing the same problem with my toyota matrix 010 using 2az engine.
Please what is the solution?
My mechanic is telling me to change the engine valve stem to resolve it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
ndego1993:

Tomorrow morning when you start the car, take pictures of the smoke and upload. By the way, is the coolant/water or oil experiencing shortage?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
kingreign:

Tomorrow morning when you start the car, take pictures of the smoke and upload. By the way, is the coolant/water or oil experiencing shortage?
I experience same. Pure white smoke that eases of in less than a minute after first startup in thr morning. Coolant does not reduce. Its been months now and my coolant level is still the same. I hae not topped it this year infact. Checked online and it seems to be some sort of early morning condensation.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Frenliwis(m): 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2023
The fumes that comes out when i start my car in the morning smells like burnt oil and i do experience oil shortage as well.
kingreign:

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:43am On Jun 03, 2023
Frenliwis:
The fumes that comes out when i start my car in the morning smells like burnt oil and i do experience oil shortage as well.

Check if you have oils leaking from the body of the engine and onto the exhaust, check your PCV too
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by iznmema89: 8:12am On Jun 03, 2023
My 407 Peugeot car is displaying PRND Caution sign and this causes delayed transmission. That’s not to say that it doesn’t transmit but it transmits as if to say that it’s carry a heavy load. Sometimes, it transmits with ease but this comes once in a while. I took it to my mechanic and he suggested I fix the ABS sensors- front left sensor and rear back sensors as diagnosed by the PC. However, the problem has persisted. Both the ABS and PRND signs have continued to pop up. Please, can someone help me out?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2023
iznmema89:
My 407 Peugeot car is displaying PRND Caution sign and this causes delayed transmission. That’s not to say that it doesn’t transmit but it transmits as if to say that it’s carry a heavy load. Sometimes, it transmits with ease but this comes once in a while. I took it to my mechanic and he suggested I fix the ABS sensors- front left sensor and rear back sensors as diagnosed by the PC. However, the problem has persisted. Both the ABS and PRND signs have continued to pop up. Please, can someone help me out?

Search for Ikenna351 on car talk and speak to him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2023
kingreign:

Search for Ikenna351 on car talk and speak to him.
Good morning bro.
I was driving my Corolla 07 to work. The car off on the road. I started it drove and after about 1km it off again. Started it drove like 5mins. This time around I put off the A/C but it off again and refused to start.
I left it there to work. Called my mechanic to go fix it.
He took the car to his workshop and called me that the car did overheating.
He said the car top casket has burn water has mixed with oil.
I asked him the solution he said
1. I should change my radiator from single cell to double cell.
2. He will grind valves and change the casket that has burnt.

I sent him money he did all that. Yesterday I expected the car to me back. When I called him he told me that there's a crack on my engine top. That the overheating caused the crack.
Now he's telling me to buy new engine top or complete engine.

Please what's your advice?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:49am On Jun 03, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Good morning bro.
I was driving my Corolla 07 to work. The car off on the road. I started it drove and after about 1km it off again. Started it drove like 5mins. This time around I put off the A/C but it off again and refused to start.
I left it there to work. Called my mechanic to go fix it.
He took the car to his workshop and called me that the car did overheating.
He said the car top casket has burn water has mixed with oil.
I asked him the solution he said
1. I should change my radiator from single cell to double cell.
2. He will grind valves and change the casket that has burnt.

I sent him money he did all that. Yesterday I expected the car to me back. When I called him he told me that there's a crack on my engine top. That the overheating caused the crack.
Now he's telling me to buy new engine top or complete engine.

Please what's your advice?

If the engine has a crack, it’s time to get another engine.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ndego1993: 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
kingreign:

This is the picture I could get. I had to screenshot from a video.

Coolant only goes down slightly from the full mark after like 2 or 3 long journeys.

There was one time I noticed the oil wasn't at the full mark. I wasn't sure why. Thought may be the mechanic didn't guage it well when I serviced.

Please I need help on the solution to this issue. I do not feel alright whenever I see that smoke and perceive the smell every morning.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2023
kingreign:

If the engine has a crack, it’s time to get another engine.
Thanks for you response. Please do you have any idea The cost of Honda Civic?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:12pm On Jun 03, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Thanks for you response. Please do you have any idea The cost of Honda Civic?
Where is your location, what is the year of the civic?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:13pm On Jun 03, 2023
ndego1993:

This is the picture I could get. I had to screenshot from a video.

Coolant only goes down slightly from the full mark after like 2 or 3 long journeys.

There was one time I noticed the oil wasn't at the full mark. I wasn't sure why. Thought may be the mechanic didn't guage it well when I serviced.

Please I need help on the solution to this issue. I do not feel alright whenever I see that smoke and perceive the smell every morning.

I can barely make of the colour from the picture.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
kingreign:

Where is your location, what is the year of the civic?
Year 08. My location is PH
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by rapheal5(m): 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
Pls house this belt tension adjuster bolt that got broken 2 weeks ago, happened again this morning despite the fact that they had to replace the previous bolt 14 to 17 yet it got broken, pls what can I do to solve this permanently. Toyota corolla 2005 model and it's the 3rd time in 5months..

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bankalert(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2023
Guys please my camry vibrates at 75mph and sometimes between 40 and 60 mph.... i have changed the bearing hub...but the problem still persists. Whats the issue here?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:26am On Jun 07, 2023
Bankalert:
Guys please my camry vibrates at 75mph and sometimes between 40 and 60 mph.... i have changed the bearing hub...but the problem still persists. Whats the issue here?
Check wheel balance, Rims, check if the cv joints have clearance or are worn out.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olisaemeka1(m): 11:53am On Jun 07, 2023
kingreign:

Check wheel balance, Rims, check if the cv joints have clearance or are worn out.

Good work boss!

Please what’s your view on Nissan Xtrail …is it a reliable brand of nissan or should I run?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
olisaemeka1:

Good work boss!

Please what’s your view on Nissan Xtrail …is it a reliable brand of nissan or should I run?

I always advise folks to avoid early model CVTs from Nissan’s JATCO, in same vein, I’m telling you too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.