Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (97586 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by salvo583: 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2023
jceesquare:

Scan the car 1st.
I had similar experience recently with a Ford Edge and it was caused by a blocked exhaust system.
I will scan the car and give you a response. But today the car is just cranking for a start but it’s not starting
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hello66: 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2023
salvo583:
Hello, I use a Nissan Altima, recently when the car is revved on idle it hangs for a while in 2000rpms before I drops down. MAF sensor is good and the nozzle injector was also cleaned and it still persists. Now the trottle will be pressed and the car won’t rev at all

Replace fuel pump or nozzle

Onces it moves fine sell that car

Na one week one repair Is Altima nickname
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hello66: 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2023
salvo583:

I will scan the car and give you a response. But today the car is just cranking for a start but it’s not starting

Which particula year of altma
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 7:03am On Sep 29, 2023
jceesquare:

Most likely an overheating system, bad or fake gas, or moisture in the system.
Thank you very much
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Chianya: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2023
kingreign:

Lol.

Check your AC panel, check wiring going to AC panel, check relays and fuses for AC.

They said the freezer is bad and the who dashboard needs to come off for it to be changed
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by donshady(m): 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
Hello house,. Is it advisable to use Prestone All vehicle coolant on Lexus RX 350 2011. Advise is needed.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
donshady:
Hello house,. Is it advisable to use Prestone All vehicle coolant on Lexus RX 350 2011. Advise is needed.

Is it an OAT based or HOAT based?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by donshady(m): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2023
kingreign:

Is it an OAT based or HOAT based?

The information I found on it

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Goke890: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2023
Pls I need advice I want to buy honda EOD it will be my first car I need advice
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hello66: 12:43am On Sep 30, 2023
Goke890:
Pls I need advice I want to buy honda EOD it will be my first car I need advice
V6 or 4 cylinder
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Goke890: 2:05am On Sep 30, 2023
I think the v4 is good because of fuel economy
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 6:13am On Sep 30, 2023
Goke890:
I think the v4 is good because of fuel economy

Try and get the toks
If you are going for a naija used. Shine your eyes with a competent mechanic
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Tectonics: 6:33am On Sep 30, 2023
My Audi A4 goes off when I engage forward gear, but reverse works fine. Car has been left for a while in mechanic shop
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Goke890: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2023
Dozieson:

Try and get the toks
If you are going for a naija used. Shine your eyes with a competent mechanic
okay sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Goke890: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2023
Is the maintenance cost sir ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ashile(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2023
I have a Hyundai accent 2013 that jerks on motion,

It happened before and I changed the fuel pump. It started again after some months and have changed several fuel pumps still persist so I bought the full pump housing.

However, the jerks starts after a very long drive.

Kindly assist
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2023
ashile:

It happened before and I changed the fuel pump. It started again after some months and have changed several fuel pumps still persist so I bought the full pump housing.

Kindly assist
A lot of factors can cause car jerking. Have a competent technician carefully check it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Incognito21: 6:59am On Oct 02, 2023
My mechanic that fixed my radiator cause it was leaking before, forgot to remove a blockage that was put in the gear box host, My gearbox transmission oil overheated due to the blockage in the host, that connected from the radiator to the gearbox, transmission oil turned black with a burnt smell, oil spilled, mechanic said fiber has burnt, but my gears is selecting fine, just that when in D it revs but moves slowly now mechanic is advising me to convert it from 13pin to 10pin, or go buy a new one which is at 650,000-700,000 naira conversion will be 150,000 plus atf oil 45,000 naira research and advise said I shouldn’t convert should get another gear box, I don’t mechanic to damage it the more, it was a mechanic that put me in this mess at first, it’s a 2006 Toyota gearbox.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2023
ashile:

Kindly assist
Check the entire fuel system from tank to your nozzles.
Most likely a blockage in the system restricting flow.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by peejay03: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2023
I drive an Honda EOD 2006 V4.

Sometimes in July this year, while driving, I noticed the car temperature on the dashboard was very high. I stopped the car and checked the engine. I noticed the engine oil had spilled all over the car engine and there was also oil coming from the radiator. The mechanic claimed the gasket was blown and needs changing. He changed the gasket and topped the oil with a fresh engine oil. He further checked the gear oil and other oil in the car to ensure they were all gauged. I thought the issue was over till I started noticing huge creamy oil coming from the radiator and also the engine oil was getting short within days of topping it. The mechanic noticed water is not entering the engine but oil is mixing with the radiator. In August, I bought 3 big kegs of Mobil2000 oil and all drained out through the radiator. I have consulted several mechanics and at this point, they don't know what the issue is because they've checked every possible leakage in the engine and could not find any. They also placed a paper underneath the car to observe if there is leakage under the car but there is none.

Does anyone who have experienced such kindly suggest a possible solution. I'd also appreciate suggestions from anyone with a knowledge to fixing this issue. I have spent so much on the car already and I am tired.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2023
peejay03:

Sometimes in July this year, while driving, I noticed the car temperature on the dashboard was very high. I stopped the car and checked the engine. I noticed the engine oil had spilled all over the car engine and there was also oil coming from the radiator. The mechanic claimed the gasket was blown and needs changing. He changed the gasket and topped the oil with a fresh engine oil. He further checked the gear oil and other oil in the car to ensure they were all gauged. I thought the issue was over till I started noticing huge creamy oil coming from the radiator and also the engine oil was getting short within days of topping it. The mechanic noticed water is not entering the engine but oil is mixing with the radiator. In August, I bought 3 big kegs of Mobil2000 oil and all drained out through the radiator. I have consulted several mechanics and at this point, they don't know what the issue is because they've checked every possible leakage in the engine and could not find any. They also placed a paper underneath the car to observe if there is leakage under the car but there is none.

Does anyone who have experienced such kindly suggest a possible solution. I'd also appreciate suggestions from anyone with a knowledge to fixing this issue. I have spent so much on the car already and I am tired.

Probable cause of oil mix, bad gasket, damaged engine, bad radiator.

Physical inspection of these components highly recommended.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Free2Fly: 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
peejay03:

Your mechanic did a shitty job. He didn't fix the gasket well and it's still leaking.
Look for someone that can carefully install another gasket.

I changed a gasket at Okigwe for a 2009 Rx350 with 2GR-FE engine last month and it was perfectly done.

If your mech can't comfortably change a gasket for an ordinary V4 engine, he should just pick a hoe and enter farm.
Who knows if he used those 2k rubber gasket after charging you tens of thousand just to make more gains?
Nawaoo

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2023
peejay03:

change your mechanic and also change the engine for peace of mind

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by peejay03: 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
Thanks for the responses.

The gasket has been changed twice. The second mechanic that changed the gasket claims the first gasket was fake. He removed the radiator to wash with warm water and fuel, yet the issue still persist. If the engine is bad, shouldn't the indication sign blink on the dashboard? There is no sign on the dashboard and the car has stopped overheating. The only problem is engine oil getting short and oil inside the radiator. The temperature sign does not get to the tank logo.

These are the pictures taken this morning. Because of the continuous oil leakage, I decided to use black oil to test the vehicle. The oil was at its full gauge as at last week Monday. Please advice on what to do.

peejay03:

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2023
peejay03:

The gasket has been changed twice. The second mechanic that changed the gasket claims the first gasket was fake. He removed the radiator to wash with warm water and fuel, yet the issue still persist. If the engine is bad, shouldn't the indication sign blink on the dashboard? There is no sign on the dashboard and the car has stopped overheating. The only problem is engine oil getting short and oil inside the radiator. The temperature sign does not get to the tank logo.

These are the pictures taken this morning. Because of the continuous oil leakage, I decided to use black oil to test the vehicle. The oil was at its full gauge as at last week Monday. Please advice on what to do.

Replace engine and radiator and call it a day.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by peejay03: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alright. Thank you
kingreign:

Replace engine and radiator and call it a day.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hayzed1090: 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2023
PLS HOUSE , SH-AWD LIGHT HAS BEEN ON PERMANENTLY ON ACURA RDX 2007 (TECH PACKAGE)
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2023
peejay03:

Your engine block is gone.
I'm sure it has cracks.
As suggested, change engine and have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
hayzed1090:
PLS HOUSE , SH-AWD LIGHT HAS BEEN ON PERMANENTLY ON ACURA RDX 2007 (TECH PACKAGE)

Scan and post codes here let's help you out.

Scan engine, transmission and ABS.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hayzed1090: 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2023
kingreign:

Scan and post codes here let's help you out.

Scan engine, transmission and ABS.

It showed no error code when scanned
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:08am On Oct 05, 2023
hayzed1090:

I'm sure there's a code, scan the AWD system.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2023
hayzed1090:

Scan with a good scanner

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (129) (Reply)

Ford Cars Quite Explicit / List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.