Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98106 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingsoluv4real: 1:29am On Sep 16, 2023
Hello Guys. Please I need help with my 2nd generation Toyota Solara Coupe 2004 (2.4L 4 plug engine & 4 speed gear). After an AC overhaul, an unqualified rewire fried my ECU (causing car to not rev) and ever since I tried several ECUs, they all work well but my gear started delaying from 2 to 3. Even with my current ECU.

Whenever the gear is about to shift from 2 to 3, I generally leave the throttle pedal so it can shift smoothly and not roughly.

Please advise.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:27am On Sep 16, 2023
kingsoluv4real:
Hello Guys. Please I need help with my 2nd generation Toyota Solara Coupe 2004 (2.4L 4 plug engine & 4 speed gear). After an AC overhaul, an unqualified rewire fried my ECU (causing car to not rev) and ever since I tried several ECUs, they all work well but my gear started delaying from 2 to 3. Even with my current ECU.

Whenever the gear is about to shift from 2 to 3, I generally leave the throttle pedal so it can shift smoothly and not roughly.

Please advise.

Let's start all over again from the basics,

1, Does the replacement ECM bears exact part number as the original one?
Pls post your VIN and the replacement ECM part number so we verify.
2, were any fuse, relays, part etc cut or removed and not replaced properly?
3, Are you sure of the state of the replacement ECM. Is it okay or not?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by automine(m): 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2023
hello house

please where can I get spark arrestor.

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hezbola: 9:21pm On Sep 16, 2023
Hello house I need the complete wiring for my Suzuki alto.. where can I get it?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
Hezbola:
Hello house I need the complete wiring for my Suzuki alto.. where can I get it?

Your location is?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 4:31am On Sep 19, 2023
Dozieson:

Did you change the gear oil? Because cleaning the filter means you have drained the oil already

Your ect sensor is faulty. Kindly replace

Study the link below

https://cartreatments.com/p0125/

Boss, I changed the ECT sensor and all became normal. The engine does not do the humming sound, does not take time to switch to gear 4, the temperature guage works fine and no surge. The ECT is the culprit. I went to the market with multimeter and bought it myself and the fixing. Thanks for the advice. I did this 2 weeks ago

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 4:58am On Sep 19, 2023
jojomario:
Boss, I changed the ECT sensor and all became normal. The engine does not do the humming sound, does not take time to switch to gear 4, the temperature guage works fine and no surge. The ECT is the culprit. I went to the market with multimeter and bought it myself and the fixing. Thanks for the advice. I did this 2 weeks ago

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Tfk890: 5:02am On Sep 20, 2023
Good morning house I have a 2010 venza the radiator fans would just start working without the engine on and it also delays in gear or should I say acceleration plus any help when changing from gear 2-3 or going back to one it would cut off the throttle would just stop working and suddenly after few seconds it just rolled back in and move
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:20am On Sep 20, 2023
Tfk890:
Good morning house I have a 2019 venza the radiator fans would just start working with engine on and it also delays in gear or should I say acceleration plus any help

It's fan was bypassed.

As for the delay in gear or acceleration, scan post codes and we'll advise you better

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Omoapena(m): 6:56am On Sep 20, 2023
Good morning sir
Pls come to my aide
I use ford focus 2008,

My car was doing 23 AVG MPG but I had exhaust leakage then I gave it to panel to block the exhaust leakage, ever since I got my car back from the panel, it has never done above 18.0 AVG MPG

Like my fuel is just dropping so badly, complained to the panel and he said it’s because there’s no catalyst inside the car, I wasn’t sure if there was any catalyst inside the car before I gave it to him, I asked him if there wasn’t catalyst inside it and I was doing 23 AVG MPG so how come I’m just doing 18 AVG MPG, he couldn’t give a reasonable response, he then advised I fill up the catalyst pot and I would see difference, I did fill the catalyst pot but I’m still doing 18 AVG MPG…

Pls come to my aide as this is driving me crazy, me that use to use 25miles out of my fuel from ilupeju to ajah is now using 65miles upwards for same distance and this panel is claiming he didn’t do anything to my car….
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Mrford(m): 7:28am On Sep 20, 2023
Omoapena:
Good morning sir
Pls come to my aide
I use ford focus 2008,

My car was doing 23 AVG MPG but I had exhaust leakage then I gave it to panel to block the exhaust leakage, ever since I got my car back from the panel, it has never done above 18.0 AVG MPG

Like my fuel is just dropping so badly, complained to the panel and he said it’s because there’s no catalyst inside the car, I wasn’t sure if there was any catalyst inside the car before I gave it to him, I asked him if there wasn’t catalyst inside it and I was doing 23 AVG MPG so how come I’m just doing 18 AVG MPG, he couldn’t give a reasonable response, he then advised I fill up the catalyst pot and I would see difference, I did fill the catalyst pot but I’m still doing 18 AVG MPG…

Pls come to my aide as this is driving me crazy, me that use to use 25miles out of my fuel from ilupeju to ajah is now using 65miles upwards for same distance and this panel is claiming he didn’t do anything to my car….

Have you scanned the car for any fault code?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Omoapena(m): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2023
Mrford:

Yes and there’s no fault code
In fact
The check engine light isn’t on
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Omoapena(m): 8:00am On Sep 20, 2023
Mrford:

So
I just re scanned it again rn and it brought out error code P0455

EVAP leakage

My rewire physically check the engine for any possible leak but w couldn’t see any, he suggested we change the plugs and also service the nuzzles
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2023
Omoapena:

So
I just re scanned it again rn and it brought out error code P0455

EVAP leakage

My rewire physically check the engine for any possible leak but w couldn’t see any, he suggested we change the plugs and also service the nuzzles

change of coil and co is a waste of money, I believe the panel has tampered with your exhaust

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Omoapena(m): 10:57am On Sep 20, 2023
Dozieson:

change of coil and co is a waste of money, I believe the panel has tampered with your exhaust

He’s claiming he didn’t tamper with it, Omo
This man has stressed my life
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ikembz(m): 10:57am On Sep 20, 2023
Greetings..

Toyota camry 07/08 V6
Sometimes jerks and stop when idle in traffic ... Also a cranking sound when you start it when kept idle for a while and doesn't make such when you start it again..?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2023
ikembz:
Greetings..

Toyota camry 07/08 V6
Sometimes jerks and stop when idle in traffic ... Also a cranking sound when you start it when kept idle for a while and doesn't make such when you start it again..?

Is it sounding like "Krrrrrrrr" in the morning or after being parked for a while?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Adebaba1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
ikembz:
Greetings..

Toyota camry 07/08 V6
fuel pump
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AmgAmg: 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2023
Hello everyone ! Hope you are doing well , I need some serious help here. I'm on the hunt for the absolute top-notch Mercedes Benz mechanic workshop on the island. By "best," I mean the crème de la crème, the ones who truly excel at their craft. I don't care about the cost as long as they are incredibly skilled.
So come on, give me your recommendations
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
AmgAmg:
Hello everyone ! Hope you are doing well , I need some serious help here. I'm on the hunt for the absolute top-notch Mercedes Benz mechanic workshop on the island. By "best," I mean the crème de la crème, the ones who truly excel at their craft. I don't care about the cost as long as they are incredibly skilled.
So come on, give me your recommendations
Go to their dealership na

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2023
My car horn use to hang.
If I press it.
It won't horn.
Sometimes it will horn.
Sometimes it will not blow.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2023
Sirchiboy:
My car horn use to hang.
If I press it.
It won't horn.
Sometimes it will horn.
Sometimes it will not blow.

Is it a 1975 toyota tercel?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
kingreign:

Is it a 1975 toyota tercel?
Corrolla 2011
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Deew22: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2023
Dear NL, I have only 12.7mpg on my benz c230 2006. That is approximately 5.38 km/liter. This is quite very low. How can I fix this issue? I have a check engine light on my dashboard.

Please I'd like to know if you're driving any of the cohorts class Benz, let me know your fuel consumption. I want to compare and know what's expected of my car.

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Corrolla 2011
Check horn if it's okay, if yes, check spiral cable.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2023
kingreign:

Check horn if it's okay, if yes, check spiral cable.
Electrician did it.
I replaced the horn and he cleaned the cable.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2023
Deew22:
Dear NL, I have only 12.7mpg on my benz c230 2006. That is approximately 5.38 km/liter. This is quite very low. How can I fix this issue? I have a check engine light on my dashboard.

Please I'd like to know if you're driving any of the cohorts class Benz, let me know your fuel consumption. I want to compare and know what's expected of my car.

Thanks
Scan if you have a check engine light and post the codes here let's help advise you on how resolve the issue.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ikillmods: 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2023
Omoapena:

He’s claiming he didn’t tamper with it, Omo
This man has stressed my life

Is there anything like P0420 error code?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Omoapena(m): 9:32pm On Sep 20, 2023
ikillmods:

Is there anything like P0420 error code?

It was P0455 error code…
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ikillmods: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2023
Omoapena:

It was P0455 error code…

Post retracted.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ikillmods: 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2023
ikembz:
Greetings..

Toyota camry 07/08 V6

Your idle sensor should be checked or Air Flow Sensor.

For the cranking sound when you start it in the morning, if the sound it makes sound like wanting to knock and the sound is coming from the left hand side/passenger side of the car, you might need to have your oil pump, intake actuator, intake cam gear checked, and have the timing chain looked at while at it. But it’s a minor fault that should be fixed on time as it can be very embarrassing some times. Imagine wanting to go out like 4:30 AM and starting your car only to wake the whole house with the sound of your car laughing at you.

Also endeavor to use OEM recommended oil, stay away from 20W50.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Deew22: 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2023
kingreign:

Scan if you have a check engine light and post the codes here let's help advise you on how resolve the issue.

Yes I have a check engine light. I'd scan and get back to you

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.