Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

God Hates Human Sacrifice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Human Sacrifice (2762 Views)

If God Hates Sin So Much, Then Why Does He Let It Multiply? / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? / Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? (2) (3) (4)

God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hashem hates Human Sacrifice

Deuteronomy12:31-32
31 You shall not do so to Hashem your God: for every abomination to Hashem, which he hates, have they done to their gods; for even their sons and their daughters do they burn in the fire to their gods. 32 Whatever thing I command you, that you shall observe to do: you shall not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

The Romans have a lot of you guys believing he change his mind.

Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found with you anyone who makes his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices sorcery, or an enchanter, or a sorcerer,
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
Absolutely! God hates human sacrifices. undecided

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by Righthussle: 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2022
Yes he does.

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
What about the story of Jephthah in the Bible ??
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by VeryWickedMan: 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
You are very stupid

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 8:55am On Sep 02, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
You are very stupid

Did you miss your medication or you ODed?
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 8:56am On Sep 02, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
What about the story of Jephthah in the Bible ??

It's a story of what not to do to jeopardize your happiness and state of mind.

Making promises that might cause you that..
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:13am On Sep 02, 2022
sonmvayina:

It's a story of what not to do to jeopardize your happiness and state of mind.

Making promises that might cause you that..

But ended up sacrificing his daughter as a burnt offering because that is what he promised.
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by KnownUnknown: 10:38am On Sep 02, 2022
@op, this jew god of yours is a certified maniac.

Ezekiel 20
25 So I gave them other statutes that were not good and laws through which they could not live; 26 I defiled them through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the Lord.’

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by KnownUnknown: 10:41am On Sep 02, 2022
Here’s HaShit again.

Leviticus 27
But nothing that a person owns and devotes[k] to the Lord—whether a human being or an animal or family land—may be sold or redeemed; everything so devoted is most holy to the Lord.

29 “‘No person devoted to destruction[l] may be ransomed; they are to be put to death.

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by KnownUnknown: 10:57am On Sep 02, 2022
Another thing op, Abraham did sacrifice Isaac in the original story. Later on, people with different agendas than the original author inserted the”angel of the Lord” and the sacrificial ram.
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by KnownUnknown: 11:06am On Sep 02, 2022
The God was talking to Abraham without any help until the "angel of the lord" was inserted and started speaking for and as God. When you cross out the confused angel of the lord (who doesn't kwow if he is an angel or god), the story flows better and you see that Abraham returned to his servants by himself without Isaac. Here:

9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.11 [s]But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!”

“Here I am,” he replied.

12 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram[a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”

15 The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, [/s
]“I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[b] all nations on earth will be blessed,[c] because you have obeyed me.”

19 Then Abraham returned to his servants, and they set off together for Beersheba. And Abraham stayed in Beersheba.

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by KnownUnknown: 11:09am On Sep 02, 2022
Here's the story without the lying angel of the lord and his ram.

9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.

16 and said, “I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed,because you have obeyed me.”

19 Then Abraham returned to his servants, and they set off together for Beersheba. And Abraham stayed in Beersheba.

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2022
According to the Bible humans are supposed to live on this planet forever as youths but the sin of one PERFECT man brought death to the entire human race.
It's the SACRIFICE of a perfect human life that can redeem mankind so mankind need it for our salvation! Psalms 49:7-9
So Jesus is the Sacrificial lamb that takes away the sin of the world! Isaiah 53:7

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

But ended up sacrificing his daughter as a burnt offering because that is what he promised.

It's a story, learn the message in it.. and move on.
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
sonmvayina:

It's a story, learn the message in it.. and move on.

We are both saying same thing.

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
According to the Bible humans are supposed to live on this planet forever as youths but the sin of one PERFECT man brought death to the entire human race.
It's the SACRIFICE of a perfect human life that can redeem mankind so mankind need it for our salvation!

Psalms 49:7-9

So Jesus is the Sacrificial lamb that takes away the sin of the world! Isaiah 53:7

??
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

We are both saying same thing.

Yes, he sacrificed his daughter..

God never ordered it...
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
sonmvayina:

Yes, he sacrificed his daughter..

God never ordered it...

Yes I know. That is what he promised and God didn’t reject the sacrifice.

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Yes I know. That is what he promised and God didn’t reject the sacrifice.

How did you know?

It was written from the point of japhteh..

And to admonish us not to make promises that will cost us our happiness.
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by Broveens42(m): 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
It's the SACRIFICE of a perfect human life that can redeem mankind so mankind need it for our salvation! Psalms 49:7-9

Lol. Your explanation suits the narrative that biblical Jesus sacrificed his time, comfort etc for mankind.... If he sacrificed his life, then his body would have remained in the tomb as a remembrance.... But here is the thing; it won't go well with the resurrection narrative

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol. Your explanation suits the narrative that biblical Jesus sacrificed his time, comfort etc for mankind.... If he sacrificed his life, then his body would have remained in the tomb as a remembrance.... But here is the thing; it won't go well with the resurrection narrative

The body was taken away by those angels at the graveyard Jesus didn't resurrect with that body anymore he became a life giving spirit at his resurrection! 1Corinthians 15:45
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The body was taken away by those angels at the graveyard Jesus didn't resurrect with that body anymore he became a life giving spirit at his resurrection! 1Corinthians 15:45

So who appeared to the disciples
And who told Thomas to put his hand in his side?

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
sonmvayina:

So who appeared to the disciples
And who told Thomas to put his hand in his side?
That's a spirit being materialized in human form to prove that Jesus is alive, because the human body has been taken away his disciples can't recognize the spirit being easily as he uses different materialised bodies to appear to them!
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 8:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's a spirit being materialized in human form to prove that Jesus is alive, because the human body has been taken away his disciples can't recognize the spirit being easily as he uses different materialised bodies to appear to them!

How do you even wrap your mind around all these bull St?

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
sonmvayina:

How do you even wrap your mind around all these bull St?
OK no further questions, shey? smiley
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by sonmvayina(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

OK no further questions, shey? smiley

Where do I start from?
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
sonmvayina:

Where do I start from?
Jesus is alive! smiley
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by Broveens42(m): 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I think you have ran out of ideas recently

So the implication of your statement is that body and spirit is of same nature. Since according to your good book...the resurrected spirit was touched...(sense of feeling) ?

In one episode the women heard a voice not to touch biblical Jesus for He had not ascended to the father.

In another episode:

Luke 24
37 But they were terrified and frightened, and SUPPOSED they had seen a SPIRIT. 38.And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39. Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for A SPIRIT DOES NOT HAVE FLESH and BONES as you see.

* The reporter of the text used the word "supposed" ...which means they didn't see a spirit..
* For A spirit does not .... ( This is an established statement/fact according to luke, if you distort this fact, you have made the biblical character a liar. Your narrative would be best suited for the statement; For spirit does not...
"For A spirit.. is statement of fact"

*So when you say his body transformed then you are the one actually reporting not Luke

Kai religion has even made people not to grab simple English on their own, even if this things are just stories..

Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by Steep(m): 1:34am On Sep 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:
@op, this jew god of yours is a certified maniac.

Ezekiel 20
25 So I gave them other statutes that were not good and laws through which they could not live; 26 I defiled them through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the Lord.’

This nothing more than God's judgment upon the house of Israel.
Sometimes when God allow some things it can be said God did it.
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by Steep(m): 1:36am On Sep 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:
Here’s HaShit again.

Leviticus 27
But nothing that a person owns and devotes[k] to the Lord—whether a human being or an animal or family land—may be sold or redeemed; everything so devoted is most holy to the Lord.

29 “‘No person devoted to destruction[l] may be ransomed; they are to be put to death.
vs 29 is talking about guilty people that are sentenced to death.
Re: God Hates Human Sacrifice by Steep(m): 1:40am On Sep 03, 2022
KnownUnknown:
The God was talking to Abraham without any help until the "angel of the lord" was inserted and started speaking for and as God. When you cross out the confused angel of the lord (who doesn't kwow if he is an angel or god), the story flows better and you see that Abraham returned to his servants by himself without Isaac. Here:

9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.11 [s]But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!”

“Here I am,” he replied.

12 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram[a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”

15 The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, [/s
]“I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[b] all nations on earth will be blessed,[c] because you have obeyed me.”

In the bible, whn action is thought to be done in the heart then it is assumed to be done.
For example anyone that listed after a woman in his heart has committed sin already as if he has done it.

Whatever Happened To Old-fashioned Christianity ? / Quran Burning Day; How Not To Be An Imbecille! / Christainity Is A False Religion

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49