Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver (85916 Views)

UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks / NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans / New MTN Tariff Plans: Which One Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by jle(f): 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
Can't even remember the last time i recharge cos they keep deductin my money even when am not browsing. I stick wit my Airtel and Etisalat
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by luluosas(m): 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2011
edicolove:

MTN claims to have over 40million lines/customers. I have 3 active SIM cards i dont use. Many of my friends have at least  2 SIM cards. I dont think they actually have up to 20million customers. NCC also claims over %70(about 90million people) of Nigerians have phones lines. Well guess what? I have over 8 SIM cards and same goes for a lot of guys around. Number of SIM cards sold or number of lines in use is not equivalent to number of Nigerians having phones, please. 
My brother, I have 6 lines, 3 glo, 1 etisat, 1 airtel and 1 mtn. The 3 glo are active because, one is my personal (main) line, one is my official line and the last one, I dedicated it for calling one of my friend at N1.20k/m. It is only etisalat that I rarely recharge at times among the remaining 3 networks. In fact, they are not even on phone. MTN can go to hell for all I care. Let NCC start number portability first, and then, mtn will know where they belong exactly.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by bid4rich(m): 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2011
Dont blame MTN my people, when foundatn is faulty what do u expect from the buildng? From MTN they wil tell u nothng is free even in Freetown. I beg leave dem and jeun soke to another network jooo. M Thief Hen, everywhere u go
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by stanech: 6:20am On Aug 12, 2011
Ok question time:

1.If MTN is a reapoff y are they still having the largest number of subscribers.

2. Who are those still using the network even after knowing that it is a reapoff.

3. How do we deal with the situation,

To me the reason MTN has been able to stay in the market even after its clients knowing about their greed is stability. I have used all other GSM services (apart for MTEL) and I noticed that:

1. MTN is d only line that when u press d dial botton u hear someone on the otherside. Not hearing urself over again.

2. It does not take forever to check ur balance or subscribe to any of their services.

I use other lines because they are cheap. But whenever I want to make an urgent call without dissapointment my MTN is there for me.

Most people will rather pay for a good xpensive product than manage a cheap bad one.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by Oshomo12(m): 7:24am On Aug 12, 2011
MTN! YOUR "BESTER" CONNECTION
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by hassymo5(m): 7:31am On Aug 12, 2011
stanech:

Ok question time:

1.If MTN is a reapoff y are they still having the largest number of subscribers.

2. Who are those still using the network even after knowing that it is a reapoff.

To me the reason MTN has been able to stay in the market even after its clients knowing about their greed is stability. I have used all other GSM services (apart for MTEL) and I noticed that:

1. MTN is d only line that when u press d dial botton u hear someone on the otherside. Not hearing urself over again.

2. It does not take forever to check your balance or subscribe to any of their services.

I use other lines because they are cheap. But whenever I want to make an urgent call without dissapointment my MTN is there for me.

Most people will rather pay for a good xpensive product than manage a cheap bad one.

Mtn have the highest subscripbers which we use to recieve calls only:::::
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by edicolove: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2011
stanech:

Ok question time:

2. It does not take forever to check your balance or subscribe to any of their services.

Are you kidding me? Are you from another planet?

1. MTN is the only line where sometimes you cannot recharge for 3 days and they dont even apologise
2. MTN has the worst customer service of them all
3. Many times I call with MTN, i hear the wrong person talking in the background
4. Even an NCC report sometime in 2009 showed that MTN had the highest number of drop calls.

You must be an MTN staff

I have used all the networks, including Multilinks, startcomms, Visa. MTN is one of the worst lines out there. I did an experiment travelling from Lagos to Abuja by road. I had MTN, Glo and AIrtel on. Throughout the journey, GLo stayed up the most and only went out for around 45mins all thru the journey. This happened mostly between Auchi and Lokoja area. MTN went out for almost 2 hours and Airtel went out for close to 4 hours. That statistics may have changed a bit now since they all are expanding. But then, Glo had the most spread.

What has made MTN the most used is simply their marketing strategy. They sold lies and hype to Nigerians and used simple psychology on Nigerians. They made people believe that they were the big boys network; i dont know whatever that means. But in a country like Naija, that was a good strategy. Another factor was the constant fight withing Airtel from inception. Airtel (then Econet woreless) was the first network to launch and make calls. But their constant fighting and internall wars slowed them down. Glo would have been the biggest. They were supposed to be among the first 3 netwroks when they bidded as IIL but their bid was rejected because they refused the spectrum NCC gave them because of a fear of litigation. They already had their equipment on the ground and had to sell some of it to MTN and Econet Wireless because the rule said they could not start till another 3 or 5 years or so.

I have people working in MTN and i can tell you they are the most poorly paid. The so called big boys network paying the least. Now they are beginning to outsource their customer service jobs. My brother was in their interview and was told they will be paid N30, 000 to start. I mean 30k for a job in MTN? In 2011? Ridiculous!

Please dont come here and say crap. Many of us here are very aware. I have been to South Africa several times and MTN was a small company there. Nigeria made MTN and they don't give anything back. Even their sponsorship of TV shows that was supposed to be a way to give back, is still a cash cow for them. They make so much from the text messages that are sent to these shows at such ridiculous amounts. I don't really blame them, I blame Nigerians because we are so gullible and full of inferiority complex.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by Sike(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2011
luluosas:

MTN is the worst network in Nigeria. I hate them with passion.
M M M:

M T N

M : Madness

T : Transfered 2

N : Nigeria
O_O! This is Harsh.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by stanech: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2011
edicolove:

1. MTN is the only line where sometimes you cannot recharge for 3 days and they dont even apologise
3. Many times I call with MTN, i hear the wrong person talking in the background
4. Even an NCC report sometime in 2009 showed that MTN had the highest number of drop calls.

You must be an MTN staff

I have used all the networks, including Multilinks, startcomms, Visa. MTN is one of the worst lines out there. I did an experiment travelling from Lagos to Abuja by road. I had MTN, Glo and AIrtel on. Throughout the journey, GLo stayed up the most and only went out for around 45mins all thru the journey. This happened mostly between Auchi and Lokoja area. MTN went out for almost 2 hours and Airtel went out for close to 4 hours. That statistics may have changed a bit now since they all are expanding. But then, Glo had the most spread.

What has made MTN the most used is simply their marketing strategy. They sold lies and hype to Nigerians and used simple psychology on Nigerians. They made people believe that they were the big boys network; i dont know whatever that means. But in a country like Naija, that was a good strategy. Another factor was the constant fight withing Airtel from inception. Airtel (then Econet woreless) was the first network to launch and make calls. But their constant fighting and internall wars slowed them down. Glo would have been the biggest. They were supposed to be among the first 3 netwroks when they bidded as IIL but their bid was rejected because they refused the spectrum NCC gave them because of a fear of litigation. They already had their equipment on the ground and had to sell some of it to MTN and Econet Wireless because the rule said they could not start till another 3 or 5 years or so.

I have people working in MTN and i can tell you they are the most poorly paid. The so called big boys network paying the least. Now they are beginning to outsource their customer service jobs. My brother was in their interview and was told they will be paid N30, 000 to start. I mean 30k for a job in MTN? In 2011? Ridiculous!

Please dont come here and say crap. Many of us here are very aware. I have been to South Africa several times and MTN was a small company there. Nigeria made MTN and they don't give anything back. Even their sponsorship of TV shows that was supposed to be a way to give back, is still a cash cow for them. They make so much from the text messages that are sent to these shows at such ridiculous amounts. I don't really blame them, I blame Nigerians because we are so gullible and full of inferiority complex.

Ok.

Firstly, I am not an MTN Staff.

Secondly, All Networks in Naija get downside inluding MTN.

Thirdly, Depending on your location sha, but for Benin where i dey most people prefere MTN to other networks. (because of stability)

Forthly, In have friends in the Eastern part of Naija precisely Aba and they all use MTN I mean all of them. They use MTN to call and recive. My friends from Lagos uses MTN to call me and I also call them through the same.

Fifthly, Ask the lady selling recharge cards at your street junction and she will tell you that she sells her MTN card four times as much as she sells anyother line.

Lastly, If MTN decides to pay thier staff 20k whose fault is it? Is our national minimum wage not 18k? I have a friend who works in Guiness and he is been paid 18k is Guiness a SA company?

I hated the fact that MTN charges more than other lines so I bought both Glo and Etisalat but my brother sometimes If I want to make calls I will try the number for ages but no responce. So I still feel the need to keep my MTN and have recharge card on it always.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by forkadict(m): 9:40am On Aug 12, 2011
I am about MTN's most bitter customer alive. For a very long time (about 7 straight years), I was nothing but a maga to those a$$holes. They nearly sucked life out of me. Because as a runsman, i need to make calls a lot and i wasnt really comfortable with going about with 2 fones cos ive always had a Nokia that i wasnt ready to drop. Also I wasnt willing to keep swaping sims on the same fone, so i was stuck with the beaches. Kai. Dem just dey slap me dey go.

When they nearly killed me with tariffs, i had to shout at the top of my voice. 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. WETIN SEF?' I had to run to ETISALAT (the people's network) and they gave me succor. So Right now, any promo by MTN short of 10kobo per second tariff to any network, I AM NOT INTERESTED. GOD PUNISH DEM!

WITH ETISALAT I STAND. TILL DEATH DO US PART.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by rman: 10:37am On Aug 12, 2011
edicolove:

You must be an MTN staff

Let me try to reply a few of your questions;
Questions one to four, all for under quality of service and I can tell you the same NCC you are talking about always carry out quarterly checks on all the newtworks and MTN has consistently being the best for years nationwide. People in the industry get this report as a guide and I have seen them so you are only talking based on a one off personal experience.

Let me also state clearly that the operator that have made the most investment in the industry on infrastructure is MTN hence the major reason why they have the most subscribers. I hope we all know that MTEL already has a backbone infrastructure on ground before GSM came and they could still not manage it well. ECONET also lauched GSM in the country before MTN but failed to invest properly like MTN and that is why MTN overtook them in a jiffy. We currently have close to 13000 base stations in the country and 6000+ of this belongs to MTN

.Now fast forward to a few year and other competitors came and only think they can compete through pricing. Nice concept, but where will the money needed for massive investment into their network going to come from if they continue to reduce price in an industry that requires massive investment?

When price war comes like the one we have now, something has to give way. I hope we know that etisalat came into the market with all their technical aspect of the job already outsourced(that is their bussiness strategy). Now AIRTEL has done same, why should MTN be different. A lot of the operators came with the intention of running their operations cheaper. What most of them have done is to reduce salaries or employ new pepple that will do the job for less pay. Call centre jobs is not meant for university graduates (the Nigerian unemployment situation is the reason graduates are used) and since airtel has done it (outsourced their call centre), mtn has followed suit aswell.

Some of the new opearators may not break even in a long time and soon their stategy may backfire when the investors think it is time to stop putting in money. When that happens, they may not be able to deploy latest technonolgy as their main competition(mtn).
If we take a critical look at the pricing of the major operators, we will all clearly see that the difference between a similar service eg sms or a voice call , is not more than 5naira. in most cases it is less. They are all offering the same thing in the same operating environment.

I know a lot of people in the industry both senior and junior staff among all the operators and they all agree that MTN is the only one doing the bussiness right. Unfortunately, customers are only interested in price which puts them in a tight situation most time which also good for Nigerians. I just want people to see that MTN has actually brought a lot of positives to the industry. They employ a lot of people directly or indirectly. MTN foundation is also doing a lot in our community.

MTN is not bad at all, we all have just made up our mind not to see the positives. So sad.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by forkadict(m): 11:32am On Aug 12, 2011
rman:

Questions one to four, all for under quality of service and I can tell you the same NCC you are talking about always carry out quarterly checks on all the newtworks and MTN has consistently being the best for years nationwide. People in the industry get this report as a guide and I have seen them so you are only talking based on a one off personal experience.

Let me also state clearly that the operator that have made the most investment in the industry on infrastructure is MTN hence the major reason why they have the most subscribers. I hope we all know that MTEL already has a backbone infrastructure on ground before GSM came and they could still not manage it well. ECONET also lauched GSM in the country before MTN but failed to invest properly like MTN and that is why MTN overtook them in a jiffy. We currently have close to 13000 base stations in the country and 6000+ of this belongs to MTN

.Now fast forward to a few year and other competitors came and only think they can compete through pricing. Nice concept, but where will the money needed for massive investment into their network going to come from if they continue to reduce price in an industry that requires massive investment? (1)

When price war comes like the one we have now, something has to give way. I hope we know that etisalat came into the market with all their technical aspect of the job already outsourced(that is their bussiness strategy). Now AIRTEL has done same, why should MTN be different. A lot of the operators came with the intention of running their operations cheaper. What most of them have done is to reduce salaries or employ new pepple that will do the job for less pay. Call centre jobs is not meant for university graduates (the Nigerian unemployment situation is the reason graduates are used) and since airtel has done it (outsourced their call centre), mtn has followed suit aswell.

Some of the new opearators may not break even in a long time and soon their stategy may backfire when the investors think it is time to stop putting in money. When that happens, they may not be able to deploy latest technonolgy as their main competition(mtn).
If we take a critical look at the pricing of the major operators, we will all clearly see that the difference between a similar service eg sms or a voice call , is not more than 5naira. in most cases it is less. They are all offering the same thing in the same operating environment.

I know a lot of people in the industry both senior and junior staff among all the operators and they all agree that MTN is the only one doing the bussiness right. Unfortunately, customers are only interested in price which puts them in a tight situation most time which also good for Nigerians. I just want people to see that MTN has actually brought a lot of positives to the industry. They employ a lot of people directly or indirectly. MTN foundation is also doing a lot in our community.

MTN is not bad at all, we all have just made up our mind not to see the positives. So sad.

Permit me to say that you are only trying to sound objective but you aint making a good job of it. This i will prove to you with the following points:

(1) Our major beef against MTn is their greed and unthinkable apathy towards their customers. Granted, they have invested massively in infrastructure. but are you trying to tell us that since all these years of investing, they havent broken even? If not, when do you think they will eventually break even so as to join in the price war? Please bear in mind that they have been in the country the longest. If they havent broken even by now, who else will?

PER SECOND BILLING SAGA: If you have followed MTN thru the years, you dont have to be a genius to understand that they are capitalists to the core. Not that there is anything wrong in being a capitalist, but when you go to any length (even playing on your cutomers' intelligence and lieing to them) all in the name of making the maximum profit possible then that aint capitalism. That is fraud. It is Robberry. it is Extortion and it is immoral. MTN said that Per second billing saga wasnt possible. Glo came and proved them wrong. MTN had to switch to the per second billing cos they realised that if they maintained their evil per minute billing plan, they would be out of business in days. So they most reluctantly switched to the per second plan. Not that they didnt know the per second billing was possible all along, they just prefferred the per minute plan which was suffocating nigerians financially and giving them the maximum possible returns. Now, other networks are slashing prices but they refuse to. You know why? ill tell you:

No doubt, MTN has the highest number of subscribers in Nigeria. Like many people have mentioned here, they have multiple SIMs and out of these multiple sims, they have MTN even though they do not make calls with their MTN sims but they still receive calls on them. This is where the problem lies. It aint enough for us to just stop making calls with your MTN sims we need to also stop receiving calls on them too.  For as long as we continue to receive calls from other networks on MTN lines, MTN will be fine. Cos they got a massive subscriber base and funds will always accrue to them via the interconnectivity bullsheet.

My people, if we really want to snuff life out of these monsters called MTN, we need to stop receiving calls on their lines. If yall know anyone with multiple lines and you want to call them, always try to reach them on other lines first as a matter of priority. If all their alternate lines fail to go thru, only then should we call them on their MTN lines. If we can sustain this practice for only a few months, i dare say that MTN will either slash call tarriffs or they will be history.[b][/b]

I guess you are a staff of MTN. Let me give you an assignment. Go to your GROUP FINANCIAL ANALYST (or someone who holds a position which is closely related) and ask him to break down your total revenue for the first 6 months in 2011, 2010 and 2009 into 2 categories. Inbound revenue (that is revenues that accrue due to calls coming in from other networks) and outbound revenue (that is revenues that accrue due to calls originating from MTN to other networks). You will observe that for 2011, the inbound revenue will far outweigh the outbound revenue. Imagine what will happen if people stop receiving calls on their MTN lines.

My people. I apologise for this extremely long post. Na as the matter dey pain me i dey take yarn. make una no vex[b][/b]
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by forkadict(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2011
rman:

.Now fast forward to a few year and other competitors came and only think they can compete through pricing. Nice concept, but where will the money needed for massive investment into their network going to come from if they continue to reduce price in an industry that requires massive investment?

When price war comes like the one we have now, something has to give way. I hope we know that etisalat came into the market with all their technical aspect of the job already outsourced(that is their bussiness strategy). Now AIRTEL has done same, why should MTN be different. A lot of the operators came with the intention of running their operations cheaper. What most of them have done is to reduce salaries or employ new pepple that will do the job for less pay. Call centre jobs is not meant for university graduates (the Nigerian unemployment situation is the reason graduates are used) and since airtel has done it (outsourced their call centre), mtn has followed suit aswell. Some of the new opearators may not break even in a long time and soon their stategy may backfire when the investors think it is time to stop putting in money. When that happens, they may not be able to deploy latest technonolgy as their main competition(mtn).

Many business enterprises go all out to reduce operating costs only when revenues are dwindling. Etisalat and Airtel had already conceded on their gross margin by slashing their prices. Only a foolish company will slash their revenues and also continue to bear huge overhead costs. What they did is only normal otherwise they would be dead in a matter of weeks. MTN should be different cos they are not reducing their tariffs which means that they are quite comfortable with their revenues which is a gain. next they further slash salaries (or convert permanent staff jobs to contract basis) which is also a gai. So for Airtel, Glo and etisalat, its a win-lose situation. But for MTN, its a win-win. Maximum returns possible from all angles. Nothing for customers, nothing for staffers. Greedy things.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by forkadict(m): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2011
rman:

MTN foundation is also doing a lot in our community. (1)

MTN is not bad at all, we all have just made up our mind not to see the positives. So sad. (2)

(1)Wetin dis guy dey yarn sef? In whose community is MTN foundation doing a lot? Are you sure you are resident in naija?

(2) Yeah right. we have all made up our minds not to see the positives. The same way we do not see any positives in Glo, airtel and Etisalat. Blooooooody joker!
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by blank(f): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2011
God please grant NCC the integrity to withstand MTN's bribery and intimadion so that number portability comes into play. MTN will be the biggest losers and they must close shop. If you see how much they declare as profit for their parent company, you will shout. They have been saying that they will soon pull out. LET THEM GO.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by edicolove: 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2011
@rman

Your excuses are soooooooooo lame, I will help you by making a few points clear

1.  None of us care about Glo or MTN or Etisalat or Airtel. We only care about whats best for us. So whoever gives us the best service and value for money is the one we will go with.

2. I dont know which positives you say MTN bring. You talk like MTN is doing us a favor. If they havent come in other people will have. They are a business organisation who are being paid for the service they are rendering. They are not a philanthropic organisation.

3. MTN foundation? you must be joking right? Have you seen how much Bill Gates foundation invests in Africa? MTN foundation my foot. How much have they given back? peanuts! Absolute peanuts! Even the reality shows where they are supposed to give back, they dont even spend money. They run it as a business and the show takes care of itself. Have you seen how much Glo has invested in the entertainment industry and how much Indomie has invested in schools? what have you guys done differently? shiooooo!

4. I have been to SA and Ghana. MTN treats Nigerian customers like trash. Call rates are so low in Ghana that it was better for me to use my Ghana MTN line to call other Nigerian MTN lines when i was back in Nigeria. I mena making a roaming call with my GH line was cheaper than using a Nigerian SIM right here in Naija. Hillarious isnt it?

5. I am fully aware that MTN broke even in less than 2 years. No company breaks even Internationally in 4 to 5 years. MTN broke even in less than 2 years amidst all the cry of no electricity and all. They sold sim cards for as much as 30k that is $200 for a SIM card! They then went on to throw a party in SA.

6. Dont tell me about infrastructure because Glo was first to invest in infrastructure (as IIL) but lost out because of the NCC issue. MTN and Econet launched with IIL equipment. Even after starting late, Glo is still the only one with a full national fibre optic backbone on the ground. MTN is just starting to lay theirs after so many years. They just going thru the Ikeja area now. Glo is about to launch an under sea cable. Thats why they are about the best in Internet connectivity along with VISA, ZOOM, Starcomms and a few others. MTN still has one of the worst Internet connections. Ask everywhere.

7. I could go on and on but it isnt necessary. Someone talked of MTN selling more recharge cards. You must be joking. I posted earlier how my brother sent me an MTN N1500 card and it took me a whole day to sell it because everyone i tried to sell to kept telling me they have dropped their MTN or they only use it to receive. I got a Glo card yesterday and sold with the second attempt. In Lagos, Airtel still remains the most stable network. And the most customer friendly.

Just to add. have you ever been to an MTN office? Like the one at Okpebi/Allen? That is enough to discourage anyone from using MTN
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by forkadict(m): 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2011
edicolove:

@rman

Your excuses are soooooooooo lame, I will help you by making a few points clear

1. None of us care about Glo or MTN or Etisalat or Airtel. We only care about whats best for us. So whoever gives us the best service and value for money is the one we will go with.

2. I dont know which positives you say MTN bring. You talk like MTN is doing us a favor. If they havent come in other people will have. They are a business organisation who are being paid for the service they are rendering. They are not a philanthropic organisation.

3. MTN foundation? you must be joking right? Have you seen how much Bill Gates foundation invests in Africa? MTN foundation my foot. How much have they given back? peanuts! Absolute peanuts! Even the reality shows where they are supposed to give back, they dont even spend money. They run it as a business and the show takes care of itself. Have you seen how much Glo has invested in the entertainment industry and how much Indomie has invested in schools? what have you guys done differently? shiooooo!

4. I have been to SA and Ghana. MTN treats Nigerian customers like trash. Call rates are so low in Ghana that it was better for me to use my Ghana MTN line to call other Nigerian MTN lines when i was back in Nigeria. I mena making a roaming call with my GH line was cheaper than using a Nigerian SIM right here in Naija. Hillarious isnt it?
5. I am fully aware that MTN broke even in less than 2 years. No company breaks even Internationally in 4 to 5 years. MTN broke even in less than 2 years amidst all the cry of no electricity and all. They sold sim cards for as much as 30k that is $200 for a SIM card! They then went on to throw a party in SA.

6. Dont tell me about infrastructure because Glo was first to invest in infrastructure (as IIL) but lost out because of the NCC issue. MTN and Econet launched with IIL equipment. Even after starting late, Glo is still the only one with a full national fibre optic backbone on the ground. MTN is just starting to lay theirs after so many years. They just going thru the Ikeja area now. Glo is about to launch an under sea cable. Thats why they are about the best in Internet connectivity along with VISA, ZOOM, Starcomms and a few others. MTN still has one of the worst Internet connections. Ask everywhere.

7. I could go on and on but it isnt necessary. Someone talked of MTN selling more recharge cards. You must be joking. I posted earlier how my brother sent me an MTN N1500 card and it took me a whole day to sell it because everyone i tried to sell to kept telling me they have dropped their MTN or they only use it to receive. I got a Glo card yesterday and sold with the second attempt. In Lagos, Airtel still remains the most stable network. And the most customer friendly.

Just to add. have you ever been to an MTN office? Like the one at Okpebi/Allen? That is enough to discourage anyone from using MTN

Make una no dey use MTN line call. It doesnt matter where you got the line. DO NOT MAKE CALLS WITH AN MTN LINE. SIMPLE. THIS IS THE GOSPEL WE PREACH.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by forkadict(m): 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2011
blank:

God please grant NCC the integrity to withstand MTN's bribery and intimadion so that number portability comes into play. MTN will be the biggest losers and they must close shop. If you see how much they declare as profit for their parent company, you will shout. They have been saying that they will soon pull out. LET THEM GO.

Omo. If that happens, i will personally foot the bill of MTN's funeral. All forking expenses paid.

But then those guys at NCC are our biggest hurdle. With the present leadership, I will be surprised if those guys approve it. Maybe if there is a change of leadership and a honest man like sanusi or Buhari is installed, we might stand a chance.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by edicolove: 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
I stopped using them since last year december and will keep preaching against them till they change or get out
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by edicolove: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2011
Just to add that it isnt just the south African guys. It is actually the Nigerians in MTN that make all those eveil decisions and tell the south African guys not to mind us that we will stupidly follow them.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by forkadict(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2011
edicolove:

I stopped using them since last year december and will keep preaching against them till they change or get out

That is the spirit maguy. We preach against them until they pack out. Those guys do not deserve one naira of my money anymore. I pray NCC approves this number portability stuff men.
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by VUmoren: 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2011
Please, what is the code for adding more 4 MTN phone numbers to the F&F
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by hillsate: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2011
sorry, who is MTN again? is he the new president of Nigeria?
i must have been outta naija for long.
mstcwewwwww!
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by forkadict(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2011
V Umoren:

This poster must be a forking joker. Are you alright at all? You see say all man dey rake dey tear for MTN say make we no dey use dem line call again. You carry your head come dey ask us make we teach you how you go dey use their line call.

Will you get out of here before i open my eyes. Dont you know their forking "customare care" number?
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by tonardo(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2011
V Umoren:

*560*1*mtn no#send -to add
*560*2*mtn no#send- to delete
*560#send -to view ir fnf.
But now they have F&F as package to register up 2 ten u first send *407# to enter d F&F package. But if u try 2 call other number ur own don go, mtn go barbe ur head,
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by Funkymallam(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
My guy leave am na rman(money thiefing netwrk agent), he don register with anoda username to promote his pay masters. Sucking slave lyk him! Check it, he just re registered today and dat is his one and only post.
PREACH ON: DROP UR EMPTYHEN LINES, NO CALLING, NO RECIEVING,
fork adict:

This poster must be a forking joker. Are you alright at all? You see say all man dey rake dey tear for MTN say make we no dey use dem line call again. You carry your head come dey ask us make we teach you how you go dey use their line call.

Will you get out of here before i open my eyes. Dont you know their forking "customare care" number?
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by tonardo(m): 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2011
fork adict:

No let help him, but if he try to call other line apart from d registered numbers he go hear weellllllaaaaa
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by tonardo(m): 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
40sms and 3mb where i no fit use anytime,
etisalat givs 15mb and even if u don,t use it , it ll b der 4 u,,

But come to think of it maybe my mtn line ll just be 3mb n 40sms, but i ll not recharge hope they ll be givin me d 3mb everyday shall,,

Den na who be FOOL??
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by toluxa1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2011
Funkymallam:

My guy leave am[b] na rman[/b](money thiefing netwrk agent), he don register with anoda username to promote his pay masters. Sucking slave lyk him! Check it, he just re registered today and dat is his one and only post.
PREACH ON: DROP your EMPTYHEN LINES, NO CALLING, NO RECIEVING,

Good one there, was just about to expose that, before I saw your post.

Rogues they are, MTN. Can you imagine, when all m mates dey sleep for night, make I come dey strain eye (ranju) inside phone say I dey browse or send text message. Wait! are these guys insane or wat? This package is an insult o
Re: New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver by rman: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2011
fork adict:

Permit me to say that you are only trying to sound objective but you aint making a good job of it. This i will prove to you with the following points:

(1) Our major beef against MTn is their greed and unthinkable apathy towards their customers. Granted, they have invested massively in infrastructure. but are you trying to tell us that since all these years of investing, they havent broken even? If not, when do you think they will eventually break even so as to join in the price war? Please bear in mind that they have been in the country the longest. If they havent broken even by now, who else will?

PER SECOND BILLING SAGA: If you have followed MTN thru the years, you dont have to be a genius to understand that they are capitalists to the core. Not that there is anything wrong in being a capitalist, but when you go to any length (even playing on your cutomers' intelligence and lieing to them) all in the name of making the maximum profit possible then that aint capitalism. That is fraud. It is Robberry. it is Extortion and it is immoral. MTN said that Per second billing saga wasnt possible. Glo came and proved them wrong. MTN had to switch to the per second billing cos they realised that if they maintained their evil per minute billing plan, they would be out of business in days. So they most reluctantly switched to the per second plan. Not that they didnt know the per second billing was possible all along, they just prefferred the per minute plan which was suffocating nigerians financially and giving them the maximum possible returns. Now, other networks are slashing prices but they refuse to. You know why? ill tell you:

No doubt, MTN has the highest number of subscribers in Nigeria. Like many people have mentioned here, they have multiple SIMs and out of these multiple sims, they have MTN even though they do not make calls with their MTN sims but they still receive calls on them. This is where the problem lies. It aint enough for us to just stop making calls with your MTN sims we need to also stop receiving calls on them too. For as long as we continue to receive calls from other networks on MTN lines, MTN will be fine. Cos they got a massive subscriber base and funds will always accrue to them via the interconnectivity bullsheet.

My people, if we really want to snuff life out of these monsters called MTN, we need to stop receiving calls on their lines. If yall know anyone with multiple lines and you want to call them, always try to reach them on other lines first as a matter of priority. If all their alternate lines fail to go thru, only then should we call them on their MTN lines. If we can sustain this practice for only a few months, i dare say that MTN will either slash call tarriffs or they will be history.[b][/b]

I guess you are a staff of MTN. Let me give you an assignment. Go to your GROUP FINANCIAL ANALYST (or someone who holds a position which is closely related) and ask him to break down your total revenue for the first 6 months in 2011, 2010 and 2009 into 2 categories. Inbound revenue (that is revenues that accrue due to calls coming in from other networks) and outbound revenue (that is revenues that accrue due to calls originating from MTN to other networks). You will observe that for 2011, the inbound revenue will far outweigh the outbound revenue. Imagine what will happen if people stop receiving calls on their MTN lines.

My people. I apologise for this extremely long post. Na as the matter dey pain me i dey take yarn. make una no vex[b][/b]
All I can deduce from your post is per second billing issue which was years ago, and their price(MTN), which I have asked any objective person or analyst to look at and compare to other opearators in the industry. You have not done that. You just hate the sound of MTN, their is nothing anyone can do about that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Dialed This *559*40# On My Mtn Line And Got This. / Recommend Good Android Games That Are Less Than 250 / Leaked Features Of Iphone 8 Shows No Touch ID And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.