Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion (12788 Views)

Suing ASUU: A Smart Move To Ending Strike & Reoccurrence Strike - Oblivion / Paying ASUU 6 Months Salary Arrears Will Promote More Strike / ASUU Strike: Lecturer Questions Unions Decisions, Predict More Strike Over 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by loko50(m): 1:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
Godoverevery:

See who is up to date.......is only professors that are member of ASUU ??

They want all members retirement age move from 65yrs to 70yrs it was part of there demands.

This is not part of ASUU demands. Where is your proof?
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Haywhy3579: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
Revolution2022:
Why has the country not collapsed for the billions that one individual has stolen.
So we should wait till it will collapse.

1 Like

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by garfield1: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
fergie001:

It was under Yar'Adua and was re-negotiated in December 2020.

Let them wait and negotiate a new one

1 Like

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by fergie001: 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
garfield1:
Let them wait and negotiate a new one
So, who was President in 2020?
So they now negotiate demands yearly or biennially?

The FG should come out and say we will accept this one and not accept this one. This pattern of theirs isn't helping @ all.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by garfield1: 2:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
fergie001:

So, who was President in 2020?
So they now negotiate demands yearly or biennially?

The FG should come out and say we will accept this one and not accept this one. This pattern of theirs isn't helping @ all.

The Briggs committee brought out a report.ASUU should take it or leave it.no money. They should have settled this before 2020
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Godoverevery: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
loko50:

This is not part of ASUU demands. Where is your proof?

Where is your own proof

The moment you admit this ASUU strike is for selfish interests the better for you.

If ASUU wants to be honest let them post there demand out on the media but I know they can't because it major about there salaries and welfare.

I have an uncle who is a lecturer and he is my source.

1 Like

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Connected1: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
NezzyMike:

Nothing like repeated autocorrect, go and learn the acronym first before judging the union.
It's expected of you.

Fuvk Off.

1 Like

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by fergie001: 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
garfield1:

The Briggs committee brought out a report.ASUU should take it or leave it.no money. They should have settled this before 2020
That is to show, you are not current of the happenings. When a Committee finishes its work, do they submit to the other Party or they submit to the person who constituted the Committee?

The Briggs Committee finished their work and submitted to the Education Minister who will ratify then call ASUU for signature and implementation but the FG rejected the Committee report.

The FG accused Briggs, Pro-Chancellor at FULOKOJA (but still lectures at UPH) of connivance with ASUU, so there is no report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by loko50(m): 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
Godoverevery:

Where is your own proof

The moment you admit this ASUU strike is for selfish interests the better for you.

If ASUU wants to be honest let them post there demand out on the media but I know they can't because it major about there salaries and welfare.

Swallow the lie you cooked. Age matter is a thing of the past.
ASUU demands are simple and straightforward.

1. UTAS
2. Revitilization funds
3. Renegotiation of salaries (2009 agreement)
4. Visitation panels
5. Mainstreaming of EAA

Stop embarrassing yourself by cooking up lies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by crownprince2017: 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
sultan003:

There is nothing like work not done in the university academic system, because whenever the strike is called off all those semesters and session paused will be resumed and concluded before a new session is started.

So the work is still done, except when those semesters and sessions are cancelled that is when work is not done
I ask you, is assu not on monthly salary, are they being paid based on academic calendar?
Why are many people reasoning the same way?
I employed and put you on monthly salary, is there anything like where we stopped working or what is assu saying that is not logical?
If assu want to be paid just like their counterparts in developed countries, do they give what their counterparts give in those countries?

The money the universities are generating in Nigeria is more than the money they are generating for the government, who is holding them accountable for this?

They claimed they were on strike yet many of them still sells one form or the other just to generate igr, for who pls? The environment they are using to sell forms, how much is their investment there..

Because there is corruption in government does not mean we should continue to do the wrong thing after all assu members are corrupt too.

To me, assu are selfish to the point of not weighing the consequences of there actions, who it will affect and how it will affect them, mind you, government will come and go, assu are like landlords that must make sure your houses are not tattered by the tenants..they supposed to show more patriotism as the landlords they are. After all government did something.

1 Like

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by loko50(m): 2:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
Godoverevery:

Where is your own proof

If your uncle is truly an ASUU member then shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Godoverevery: 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
loko50:

Swallow the lie you cooked. Age matter is a thing of the past.
ASUU demands are simple and straightforward.

1. UTAS
2. Revitilization funds
3. Renegotiation of salaries (2009 agreement)
4. Visitation panels
5. Mainstreaming of EAA

Stop embarrassing yourself by cooking up lies

Oooo they even agreed to 70yrs.... lecturers going into lecture room with walking sticks and this fool is proud to tell me is a matter of the past......no need of retiring at 70yrs they should just be lecturer for life.

Look at what you listed as there demands.....isn't this pure greed.

Only number 2 is beneficial to the student all the rest are purely for there own gains.

You are the dunce here for siding people who after there salary will force students to buy manual/text book or fail.

You are the dunce here for siding people who want salaries they didn't work for.

If you a member of ASUU then feel free to jump in the nearest lagoon if you pained mofo.

2 Likes

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by loko50(m): 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
Godoverevery:

Oooo they even agreed to 70yrs.... lecturers going into lecture room with walking sticks and this fool is proud to tell me is a matter of the past......no need of retiring at 70yrs they should just be lecturer for life.

Look at what you listed as there demands.....isn't this pure greed.

Only number 2 is beneficial to the student all the rest are purely for there own gains.

You are the dunce here for siding people who after there salary will force students to buy manual/text book or fail.

You are the dunce here for siding people who want salaries they didn't work for.

If you a member of ASUU then feel free to jump in the nearest lagoon if you pained mofo.

Are you even a graduate?
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Godoverevery: 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
loko50:

Are you even a graduate?

Ask any graduate in your family grandpa
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by loko50(m): 3:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Godoverevery:

Ask any graduate in your family grandpa

Keep displaying your frustrations on this faceless platform. It will soon become part of your real life and you then become so toxic to yourself and the society. You are on a path of no return from self destruction and you will only have yourself to blame. You think anybody cares about whatever you type here? You must be delusional. At the end, it's only your vile thoughts that eats you up.

After this comment, I know you will keep displaying your stupidity so no need to a lost fool. I will simply not read it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Oblivion34: 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
We4all:
If they are paying bandits for killing, why shouldn’t they pay ASUU for striking?

So you're saying ASUU are no different from bandits.

Because why the comparison?

How do they relate?

That's like comparing Mc oluomo to Dangote
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Godoverevery: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
loko50:

Keep displaying your frustrations on this faceless platform. It will soon become part of your real life and you then become so toxic to yourself and the society. You are on a path of no return from self destruction and you will only have yourself to blame. You think anybody cares about whatever you type here? You must be delusional. At the end, it's only your vile thoughts that eats you up.

After this comment, I know you will keep displaying your stupidity so no need to a lost fool. I will simply not read it.

Yada yada ya.........seerer Pele ooo

Hope you have seen your own path??

Save me the Sermon and focus on your life grandpa.

One of the numerous things about dimwit is they are quick forget SM is totally different from real life......you don't know me and can never know me guy.

Your opinion .....your stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by JJuanMiguel: 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
fergie001:
That is to show, you are not current of the happenings. When a Committee finishes its work, do they submit to the other Party or they submit to the person who constituted the Committee?

The Briggs Committee finished their work and submitted to the Education Minister who will ratify then call ASUU for signature and implementation but the FG rejected the Committee report.

The FG accused Briggs, Pro-Chancellor at FULOKOJA (but still lectures at UPH) of connivance with ASUU, so there is no report.
Because it was unreasonable, ASUU asking for 180% salary increment. It means someone on 200k will jump to 560k.
FG who is their employer offered 30k-60k increment, they said it's too small and that's part of why they are still at home.
But the major reason, even though they will deny it is the shock of the stance of FG on no work no pay policy. They didn't anticipate it, some have even borrowed money via their cooperatives to sustain themselves during the strike with the hope to get a huge sum when they call off to pay back. Now FG have put them in a more difficult position.

2 Likes

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by We4all: 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
Oblivion34:

So you're saying ASUU are no different from bandits.

Because why the comparison?

How do they relate?

That's like comparing Mc oluomo to Dangote

Read to understand and read well. I cannot be explaining every sarcasm that I post.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by fergie001: 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
JJuanMiguel:
Go back to the statement I quoted:
I didn't go into the details of the Briggs Committee, I responded to what he said.

There were a set of demands, you select one and say that's the reason they are at home. The FG should pay them the 6 months and know if they will go back.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by JJuanMiguel: 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
fergie001:

Go back to the statement I quoted:
I didn't go into the details of the Briggs Committee, I responded to what he said.

There were a set of demands, you select one and say that's the reason they are at home. The FG should pay them the 6 months and know if they will go back.
That's the problem.

This time around FG won't pay them
And FG won't meet all their demands

Most importanly, the strike is not working and won't affect FG and there relatives even if it lingers on for 10 years.

ASUU should know these things and deduce the next step from there.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by fergie001: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

That's the problem.

This time around FG won't pay them
And FG won't meet all their demands

Most importanly, the strike is not working and won't affect FG and there relatives even if it lingers on for 10 years.

ASUU should know these things and deduce the next step from there.
Was the strike suppose to affect those who doesn't even go to school on Nigeria?

Time shall tell.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Niklaus398: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
blackpanda:

So bottomline is ASUU has always been striking under every regime. APC wasnt spared.

God has already blessed the President with long life and prosperity. All you have is hate and envy grin
hate and envy for a failure? If I was the President I would have done a better job. Heck, even a bby can do a much better job.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by JJuanMiguel: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
fergie001:

Was the strike suppose to affect those who doesn't even go to school on Nigeria?

Time shall tell.
ASUU thought it was the right time to strike and ask for 180% rise in pay cos of election cheesy

1 Like

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by fergie001: 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

ASUU thought it was the right time to strike and ask for 180% rise in pay cos of election cheesy
That is the only time they can get Govt like they did in 2019.

Students are the ones suffering whichever side wins.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Thunder fire Tinubu and Atiku

And Peter Obi. Now, take a look:

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Softmirror: 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
Oblivion34:

I am sorry, I can't help but to buhahahaha grin cheesy

[b]I HAVE MADE A CLEAR CASE OF PROFESSOR OLOYEDE AND MAMAN KOTANGORA.

WHAT IT TRANSLATES TO HOLISTICALLY IS VERY SIMPLE.

OUR EDUCATION SECTOR IS WHAT IT IS MAINLY BECAUSE OF LACK OF HONESTY PARTICULARLY ON THE SIDE OF THE UNIVERSITIES WHO ARE AT ALL NOT TRANSPARENT WITH THE FUNDS ALLOCATED TO THEM BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. THEY KIND OF MISMANAGEMENT OF FUNDS IN OUR UNIVERSITIES IS SO ASTONISHING. SO ASTONISHING THAT IT CAN NOT REFLECT DESPITE THE ',UNDER FUNDING' THAT THERE IS SOMETHING TO SHOW AS AN ENCOURAGEMENT THAT IF THERE PAST EFFORTS IN GOOD MANAGEMENT.

HAS ANYONE ASKED ABOUT HOW THE MONEY TERMED AS 'UNDER FUNDS' ARE BEING SPENT BY THESE UNIVERSITIES?

WHEN LAST DID ANY OF THIS UNIVERSITIES MAKE PUBLIC THEIR FINANCIAL REPORT? AUDIT STATEMENTS.

WHAT ABOUT THE TUITION FEES PAID BY STUDENTS AND OTHER INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUES?

OFF COURSE ALL THIS FIGHT BY ASUU REVOLVES AROUND MONEY. LET THEM MAKE CLEAR TO US HOW THEY HAVE BEEN SPENDING GOVERNMENT MONEY.

YES! THE WANT SALARY INCREASE WHICH IS UNDERSTANDABLE. BUT WHAT ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY?

IF ONLY WE KNOW THE KIND OF ATTROCITIES COMMITED BY THESE LECTURERS. YOU WILL FEEL SORRY FOR THEIR EDUCATION EXCEPT FOR A FEW WHO HAVE DISTINGUISHED THEMSELVES.

PROFESSOR OLOYEDE MANAGED UNI ILORIN SO WELL WHILE NOT JOINING ASUU FOR ANY KIND OF STRIKE AND SO WELL TO WHILE INCHARGE OF JAMB AND EVEN MORE, HE EXPOSED THE LEVEL OF CORRUPTION AT ABUJA CENTRAL MOSQUE TOO.

[/b]

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by janvier27(m): 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
I'll pick only one item, earned allowance. Lecturers are owed the peanuts earned allowance for years. The only times they got paid some amount was when they went on strike. Now they went on strike and it took over three months before government agreed to talks. Now we are saying they should not be paid for the strike forced on them. Truly we deserve the government we have.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by blackpanda: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
Niklaus398:
hate and envy for a failure? If I was the President I would have done a better job. Heck, even a bby can do a much better job.

But you arent the President, and never will be.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by GeneralBuhari: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Exactly.

ASUU thought that Buhari is ready to play ball.

They didn't know that Buhari is not their mate.

Let's see how this whole drama plays out.

1 Like

Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by Niklaus398: 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
blackpanda:

But you arent the President, and never will be.
never say never. I might be one day and get to rule you.
I'm far better citizens than you cause I don't lick the president ass. People like you are demonic. You know the president is wrong but you support him.
Re: Paying ASUU 6 Months Arears Will Promote More Strike - Oblivion by sultan003(m): 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

Just look at your stupid logic.

So let's assume you are in charge of building a house for me.

And then you decide to stop coming to work in 2020

And then you come back in 2022 to resume the work from where you stopped

And then you insist that I must pay you for the work you didnt do in 2021 simply because you are resuming from where you stopped.

What type of nonsense reasoning is that?

And yet you want the whole world to call you an intellectual?

No work no pay, abeg!

Your analogy does not apply to an academic environment. But even if we are to go there, there are two scenarios

1. I stop work and the project is paused, whenever i resume you, i continue from where i paused the project and you will pay me for the work i am doing

2. I stop work, the project continues because you hired another person to continue the job, whenever i resume, you will pay me from the point i resumed.. no one in his or her right senses will demand pay for a job done by someone else

In summary, you don't get it and will never get it, so leave matter for those that can comprehend....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Check Fed Poly Ilaro Semester Results Online / Which Of The Private University In Nigeria Is Offering Medicine? / Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.