Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis (11627 Views)

ASUU STRIKE: An Appreciation Post To The NANS President / The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by SmartPolician: 4:43am On Sep 03, 2022
How come our journalists are not discussing all the ASUU demands and FG positions?
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by shortIGBOman: 5:27am On Sep 03, 2022
Doyou2019:

Big lie!
Too many liars abound in the camp of APC, and they wonder why the whole nation doesn't want their Tinubu
.oniyeye.

What does ASUU really want?
Only the implementation of agreements it has with the FG. Lobatan.
And here they are :

1.Implementation of the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS), a payment system that passed NITDA's integrity test.
2. Funding for revitalisation of tertiary institutions
3. Payment of outstanding Earned Academic Allowances (EAA)
4.Renegotiatiation of the 2009-agreement to review university’s conditions of service, funding, university autonomy and academic freedom.
5.Review of NUC 2004 Act to tackle the proliferation of universities
5. 26 percent budgetary allocation to education sector
6. A stop to salary shortfall and corrupt deductions from their salary and allowances
7.Constitution of visitation panels

How many of what you listed above affect the students? ASSU are just fighting for their pockets. But God bless our FG for doing the needful.

Operation NO WORK NO PAY. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by EndSARS77: 5:34am On Sep 03, 2022
"If ASUU does not want IPPIS, they should not be paid by the Federal Government. ASUU should face the core issues; they have used these strikes to create a separate condition of service for themselves. If you want to be self-governing, be self-funding"

"The solution is NOT for ASUU to say they want their own solution. Rather, they want they should enroll in IPPIS, then work with the geeks to accommodate the wages and allowances of that visiting professor. ASUU can't use their own software. No"
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by thoosing(m): 6:28am On Sep 03, 2022
ProvisioDigital:
Following our 2020 comprehensive review of ASUU strikes since Nigeria's independence, we published a 2022 update:

The 2022 ASUU strike is at the moment, the second longest strike in #Nigeria’s history; this has overtaken the 2010-11 strike of 180 days and the 2002-03 strike of 172 days.

By the end of 2022, the number of days lost to the strike will be 320 days, 45-46 days short of a full calendar year and one academic session. In months, the strike will be 6 months, 19 days on September 2; 8 months 18 days by November 1 and 10 months 17 days by December 31.

Gen Z (b 1997 – 2012) is gradually getting close to the Millennials generation (1981 – 1996) as the generation most affected by ASUU strike. The latter lost a total of 1039 days to these strikes. Gen Z has lost 920 days so far.

Source
Alright....
https://youtube.com/channel/UC4TR3XfUXIn1ui5AZl4cSKg
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by Beedude(m): 6:53am On Sep 03, 2022
EndSARS77:
"If ASUU does not want IPPIS, they should not be paid by the Federal Government. ASUU should face the core issues; they have used these strikes to create a separate condition of service for themselves. If you want to be self-governing, be self-funding"

"The solution is NOT for ASUU to say they want their own solution. Rather, they want they should enroll in IPPIS, then work with the geeks to accommodate the wages and allowances of that visiting professor. ASUU can't use their own software. No"
If not for faulty foundation of our country, how can a government funded group reject being monitored or being accountable to the one who created the funds.

ASUU are known for strike every year. It is better this strike go on for 1 year if that will solve the matter once and for all.

Giving them what they want now and create another problem for the next government isnt a good idea.
ASUU can't be satisfied. The strike of a thing has been occuring too much.
Buhari should just find a way to deal with them and cruch them.
So many institutions that aren't under ASUU have done so well for themselves.

Enough of ASUU using students as hostage against the government.

I support NO WORK, NO PAY
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by faceland: 7:07am On Sep 03, 2022
Buhari is tired of pretending like he cares about Nigeria (not to mention education). Bubu just want to pack his billions of dollars and japa (after leaving Aso Rock).
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by lovemaths(f): 7:14am On Sep 03, 2022
Forget asun goat meat.

If you need a link to learn lT skills for free, send me a message on Whatsapp. Just go straight to the point. Don't type 'hi' or 'hy'.

My phone number is in my signature below.
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by pepericozi: 7:37am On Sep 03, 2022
openmine:

Is their own too much or is it that the FG led by PMB have refused to prioritize education?
The same presidency that have been playing to the gallery by setting up 3 different committees that negotiated and agreed with ASUU only for the respective recommendations to be thrown to the trashcan!

Now the presidency led by the minister of education are trying to use the media convince the public that the union are the ones that should be held responsible for the lingering strike!

Never mind that one. Some people are deaf and dumb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by MrAmaechi(m): 8:45am On Sep 03, 2022
Include the polytechnics. Private and public
Ebubu:
Abroad universities
Nigerian private universities
Nigerian state universities
Nigerian federal universities

In ranking order from top to bottom.
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by Harmattan123(m): 8:47am On Sep 03, 2022

Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by Ebubu: 9:29am On Sep 03, 2022
openmine:

Exactly!
3 separate committees setup by the same FG negotiated and agreed with the union but when the recommendations got to the presidency,it was thrashed!
If the problem is lack of funds,why not sit with the union and negotiate how much they can pay for now instead of going to the media to bad mouth the union and try to cajole them to return by calling the Vice chancellors to a meeting!

The vice chancellors will be bribed with heavy money to declare open the academic calendar and sack any lecturer who doesn’t return to classes.

That will be the offer that will be discussed on Tuesday.

Whether they will take it, in the interest of universities two academic years behind, and in interest of students, or reject it in interest of ASUU, will be put to test after coming Tuesday.
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by meobizy(f): 10:37am On Sep 03, 2022
Not my concern. They should suffer more. At least bars are decorated by youthful patrons for the mean time.
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by Orenike: 11:59am On Sep 03, 2022
Shey you go gimme laptop to learn am smiley
cnnamoko:
my people learn a digital skill. You ll be miles ahead in life. Leave outdated naija schools to go on stike as long as they wish, but dont let them hold you down.
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by BJanta: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2022
lhordspy:
ASUU strikes has always been around not today. Ask those who went to school in 1995, they will tell you same.

That doesnt take away the fact that a 3rd class graduate who stole anambra state money and deposited it into his daughter pandora account, invested the remain money into beer parlour business and ran it into loss will come a distant fourth in the forth coming election

An unbeliever who has suddenly turn the church into a political campaign ground looking for cheap sympathy from christians.

There is enough bucket to cry into next year for the wailing wailers.
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2022
My children would definitely need a reorientation about tertiary education in Nigeria
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by BJanta: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2022
[quote author=BJanta post=116313519][/quote]

Haha , a third class graduate who cannot even be employed by the Nigerian Police on account of his extremely weak academic background, wanting to be the president of this nation? Most incongruous to say the least.
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by Wwwq: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
Bad
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by orentemoses(m): 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2022
I was affected in '02-'03 strike. I was lamenting. My friends in other schools especially noun were laughing. One told me I told u to go to noun u Sha won go to that school. U eye done see waiting u dey find.

ASUU n FG case is not today. It is like a case of a husband and a wife. When the wife is too dependent on the husband. He runs or denies her previledges.

Although I was working then but I needed the result so badly that by the time the strike was called off. It was too late. I felt so much disappointment in the system that does not care about the well being and the future of her students and citizenry.

Let me chip this in incase someone will be interested

This is a great opportunity for students who would like to be ahead. The future starts now. And what you do with your time now determine what your future will be.

While the strike was on. I venture into importation business knowing that someday I will be asked to leave my job. And the business has paid me so far.

I have trained 500 persons who are now successful Importers and thriving in the business.

Please use this opportunity don't miss out on this chance to improve yourself and build a successful importation business.

The training is almost zero fee. The access is #3000. and it will Starts this September 2022.

Join us using this link: https:///+IEO4yVs1J0MzOGM0

First 10 persons that joined gets 50% off.

So it is up to student to roll up their sleeves and get ready. Because the future is determined by what you do today. ASUU may call of the strike today or not but whichever ensure you start planning your future yourself. ASUU, FG, Our parents will try but they can only try. We own our future.

Join the training today.
https:///+IEO4yVs1J0MzOGM0
Re: 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis by funmsygrace01(f): 12:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
Thanks for the updates

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Abuja / ASUU Gives Federal Government July 2017 Ultimatum / How much Is WAEC 2017 GCE Registration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.