Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

This Is Asiwaju Tinubu's Greatest Achievement In Lagos State - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Asiwaju Tinubu's Greatest Achievement In Lagos State (44514 Views)

President Tinubu Greatest Mistakes / Why Is Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Always In Guinea. / Niger State Delegates Know Who To Vote , It Is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu" -Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Asiwaju Tinubu's Greatest Achievement In Lagos State by tochifk(m): 5:42am On Sep 06, 2022
Viraltrends123:
lies, even 2006 census, Kano was the most populous state in Nigeria, must you lieeeee. Must you lieeeee. Lagos was never top 5 biggest economy in Africa before 2000. Lagos became a city less than 15 years ago.
facts don't lie, Google is there to help you out.
And Lagos didn't become a city 15yrs ago. As a matter of fact, Lagos was the capital of Nigeria after Calabar. That attracted people to Lagos and many govt and foreign establishments to Lagos. Couple with it's closeness to the Atlantic ocean which make ease of doing business in Lagos.
Re: This Is Asiwaju Tinubu's Greatest Achievement In Lagos State by Viraltrends123: 8:23am On Sep 06, 2022
tochifk:
facts don't lie, Google is there to help you out.
And Lagos didn't become a city 15yrs ago. As a matter of fact, Lagos was the capital of Nigeria after Calabar. That attracted people to Lagos and many govt and foreign establishments to Lagos. Couple with it's closeness to the Atlantic ocean which make ease of doing business in Lagos.
Lagos never a City before 2005, It's was getting developed, but it was never a City. Lagos is a new city, you will see that in many articles. Lagos was the capital of Nigeria, same with Enugu, and Now Abuja, but this two states are doing less than Lagos in everything, only in Nigeria some youth would be like a politician that developed a state is not the one that did it, because they are not of same tribe, had it been Obi ruled Lagos,and did well, everyone won't talk about Atlantic ocean. Is Lagos the only state close to Atlantic ocean, check out Tinubu's 2001 initiatives, you will realize that all those industrial areas were blank before 2010, inviting investors by giving them free land is what attracted people to invest in Lagos, most of those big companies don't own any land in Lagos. This is one of the smart move many government will rather give their family the lands. If someone does good let's praise them, if we don't appreciate good thing and say Lagos was a capital, as if Enugu and Abuja are not capitals to, or if we say Lagos is the closest to Atlantic ocean, as if Lagos is the only state close to Atlantic ocean in the whole west Africa, or even Nigeria. One thing you don't know is just 4 years of serious corruption will bring even New York economy down, talkless Lagos
Re: This Is Asiwaju Tinubu's Greatest Achievement In Lagos State by tochifk(m): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Lagos never a City before 2005, It's was getting developed, but it was never a City. Lagos is a new city, you will see that in many articles. Lagos was the capital of Nigeria, same with Enugu, and Now Abuja, but this two states are doing less than Lagos in everything, only in Nigeria some youth would be like a politician that developed a state is not the one that did it, because they are not of same tribe, had it been Obi ruled Lagos,and did well, everyone won't talk about Atlantic ocean. Is Lagos the only state close to Atlantic ocean, check out Tinubu's 2001 initiatives, you will realize that all those industrial areas were blank before 2010, inviting investors by giving them free land is what attracted people to invest in Lagos, most of those big companies don't own any land in Lagos. This is one of the smart move many government will rather give their family the lands. If someone does good let's praise them, if we don't appreciate good thing and say Lagos was a capital, as if Enugu and Abuja are not capitals to, or if we say Lagos is the closest to Atlantic ocean, as if Lagos is the only state close to Atlantic ocean in the whole west Africa, or even Nigeria. One thing you don't know is just 4 years of serious corruption will bring even New York economy down, talkless Lagos
Enugu was never a capital of Nigeria....
Now talking about what attracted investors and businesses to Lagos, I will give you a brief story.
My late father was a clearing agent in Apapa wharf which happens to be the only functional wharf at that time and because of that, most investment and businesses decide to have their head office in Lagos because of how easy and cost effective it was to bring in their machineries and goods down to Nigeria.
I'm telling you these to let you know that even before Tinubu became a senator in 1992, Lagos state have being a city.
Now you talking about Lagos being a new city, I will refer you to what will call Urban sprawl in town & regional planning.

1 Like

Re: This Is Asiwaju Tinubu's Greatest Achievement In Lagos State by Viraltrends123: 10:40am On Sep 06, 2022
tochifk:
Enugu was never a capital of Nigeria....
Now talking about what attracted investors and businesses to Lagos, I will give you a brief story.
My late father was a clearing agent in Apapa wharf which happens to be the only functional wharf at that time and because of that, most investment and businesses decide to have their head office in Lagos because of how easy and cost effective it was to bring in their machineries and goods down to Nigeria.
I'm telling you these to let you know that even before Tinubu became a senator in 1992, Lagos state have being a city.
Now you talking about Lagos being a new city, I will refer you to what will call Urban sprawl in town & regional planning.
Is Lagos the only state having contact with Atlantic ocean in the whole of Africa or even Nigeria?

Was Lagos the only capital state in the whole of Africa or even Nigeria?

Will investors come when the environment isn't conducive, you complain the government are driving the country back, so now because you don't like the man, you are saying Lagos developed itself, same you will come out to say Buhari brought down Nigeria.

See, I hate it when pretends and lies because they don't support a candidate, or do you think I'm here to fight for any politician, one was telling me Lagos is not developed, this one is telling me Lagos developed itself, and government did nothing.

See I don't have time for this discussion, if you can't search when Lagos became a city on Forbes and other analytics companies, and you can't check Tinubu 1st term manifesto on how he make Lagos an investment hub, please leave me alone, I'm not one of those people you will be arguing 24/7 with to force me to believe YOUR fact, not widely known fact, you can keep your believes to yourself, Lagos developed because it owns Atlantic ocean, and Lagos developed because it was Africas only capital, Lagos developed on its own, the governments did nothing. Okay, I've heard you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu / See Amazing Pictures Of Owerri During Today's Sanitation Exercise / Buhari Pictured With His Wife, Aisha Buhari At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.