Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy (17009 Views)

Ifagbemi Awamaridi Claims He Is The Authentic LP Governorship Candidate In Lagos / Awamaridi: I Am LP's Guber Candidate, Rodes-Vivour Is Campaign Manager / The Certificate Saga That May Nullify Obaseki's Governorship Bid (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by iwaeda: 3:56am On Sep 03, 2022
The factional chairman and governorship candidate of the Labour Party in Lagos State, Ifagbemi Awamaridi, has said attempts by some persons in the party to usurp his positions as the “bonafide chairman and governorship candidate of the party” can lead to the nullification of the presidential candidacy of Peter Obi.

Awamaridi, who spoke Saturday PUNCH in a telephone interview on Friday, said he was neither removed nor replaced through any constitutional procedure.

He added that there was a subsisting case in court on the matter.

The Lagos State chapter of the LP has been enmeshed in leadership crisis with regards to the positions of the chairman and the governorship candidate

Awamaridi also stated that his name remained listed as the governorship candidate by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

Awamaridi said, “There is a governorship candidate of the party, which has been published by INEC, and that candidate has not withdrawn, and that candidate has not died.

“For someone to say that he is organising a second primary election, that person is a political comedian. They (some members of the national leadership) have been compromised by money because whatever they are doing does not have any cerebral basis.”

Speaking on the state chairmanship position of the party, he said, “I am still the state chairman of the LP. You can go and refer to the constitution of the Labour Party. There is a procedure for removing an officer from the party.

“You can be removed by the National Executive Council if you are a national officer, but if you are a state officer, you can be removed by the congress.

You cannot be appointed to a position except by the NEC at the national level or the State Executive Council or the congress of that state.

More so, you don’t just remove an officer; there must be a reason. If it is on disciplinary issues, that person must have gone through a disciplinary process.

“The document with which they said they appointed Kayode Salako was disclosed through a press statement on July 23, 2022, and it was fraudulently backdated to the 18th of May 2022.

“That document can never hold water. In the first place, he (Salako) is not a member of the LP; he is a member of the All Progressives Congress.

“Furthermore, it means that Peter Obi is not the presidential candidate of the LP. It means that as of the 18th of May, Kayode Salako was the Chairman of LP.

The party’s National Publicity Secretary told Saturday PUNCH said, “INEC has pronounced October 4 as the last day that they are going to publish names of the person they substituted.

“The fact that the name is still there does not confer legality on him. It is just according to INEC’s timetable.

“It is obvious that he doesn’t know what he is talking about. If people come and vote for a presidential candidate and you have three months tenure as a caretaker, once your three months expires, many of your actions will be engaged by the new people

“The national leadership is not at liberty to extend your tenure due to pressure from anybody. It is not in his purview to say that the people that came to the convention, once he is no longer in the executive of the party, the process would be a nullity

https://punchng.com/lagos-lp-crisis-may-nullify-obis-candidacy/?

5 Likes

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by mymadam(m): 4:18am On Sep 03, 2022
Na una sabi angry

7 Likes

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by SmartPolician: 4:23am On Sep 03, 2022
The ruling party is getting ready for the election, while the opposition parties are fighting up and down.

Are you sure the opposition parties, both PDP and Labour Party, are ready to win this election?

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by mycar: 4:48am On Sep 03, 2022
they must always find a way to add peter obi's name in everything. the writer did not even mention the Lagos LP governorship candidate name. For the fact that he contested for the governorship primary position shows that he has relinquished his acclaimed party chairmanship position, his battle should be with the Lagos state LP governorship candidate and not the party chairmanship position again.

150 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by yinkus6750(m): 4:54am On Sep 03, 2022
What kind of disobedient joke is this ?
Obi has now made the party a stronghold for greedy politicians to start holding on to to future cash out.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by Tortedad: 5:28am On Sep 03, 2022
QUESTION

How old was Amoda Ogunlere when he stole the Identity of Late Miss Bola Tinubu in order to travel with her traveling Documents?

ANSWER

87 minus 70 that’s 17 years because the late Bola daughter of Baba Kafaru Tinubu would have been 70years today according to her documents which Amoda now possess as his own. Amoda was 17years when he transformed into Bola Tinubu may her gentle soul Rest In Peace. Amen

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by YorubaYouth: 5:28am On Sep 03, 2022
That's true. Also, please let's face the truth. When those of Obi were busy stalking Tinubu and posting pictures of him sweating after sitting in Vehicles on Journeys for so long saying he's urinating his body, Yorubas did not complain. Just like the January 29th 1966 Coup that they are the first to introduce such Bloodshed into growing Nigerian Politics then, they do things to others that they scream to high Heavens when it is done back to them. I think the guy below said it all.
LordGuru1:
My Anambra Story:

How I Was Refused Jobs and Condemned to Become a Bus Conductor For Being a Yoruba

For a Greater Untribalized Nigeria where every Tribe shall have equal Opportunity to Enjoy, Fulfill and Impact the Nation, Bola Tinubu is the Answer!

Lagos is open to every tribes to explore and fulfil their dreams. We have heard people who are from the South East telling their Lagos story, and sweet ones at that. They tell their Tinubu stories and how they were able to fulfil their dreams with the magic touch of the great leader. But that is not the case in the South East. If you are not from the land, you will rot with your dreams. The discrimination and tribalism in that part of Nigeria is worse to such an extent that someone from Imo state would dare not look for job in a neighbouring Anambra state. Now imagine you being a Yoruba man looking for job yonder!

@Fagabamila Oluwadamilare narrated his Anambra story from my inbox. This is what he wrote:

As a fresh graduate in 1988, I moved to Onitcha with my brother newly transferred from Ibadan to African Feb publisher Nkpor Rd. I searched for job everywhere, including the State Ministries in Awka plus Premier Brewery, but all to no avail. Meanwhile, there were advert running on radio and daily newspapers that those places I went to were looking for people to employ.

After appointments upon appointments by the Personnel Manager of Premier Brewery, then one Mr Chuks called me. He felt pity on me and told me he didn't have power to employ, else he would have liked me to work there. He gave me two hundred naira and advised me not to bother myself coming again.

I left. And right outside the gate, by the left side, a woman was there selling snacks. I bought a bottle of coke with meat pie and told the woman to offer a bottle to a young man sitting at one corner. That was when the young man asked me about my mission at the company. He said he had seen me more than three times and had been wondering what my mission was.

After narrating my story that I had been coming to seek for job, he told me they can never employ me anywhere in Anambra state as a Yoruba man, except the Federal Government employed me and had me transferred there. He told me never to stress myself again on nothing.

From that day, I stopped looking for job there, and started applying for any job I saw its advert in Port Hacourt. I ended up as a bus driver running Onitcha to Awka, or Enugu loading from upper Iweka or boromio hospital junction Nkpor old Rd. I did that for quite some time till I secured a job in Slumberger Trans Amadi Industrial Layout PortHacourt in 1993.... This is my own story of Anambra state

Now come to think of it, these are the same people that will call Lagos a no man's land. These are the people that will be telling us how Tinubu should have or should not have run Lagos state, even when the same Lagos is where they fulfil their dreams. These are the people that will condemn our own Leader while selling Peter Obi to us as the best material that will liberate us all as a Nation. We have several Igbo people telling us their Tinubu stories and how he helped them achieved their dreams, now where is Peter Obi's stories by our Yoruba people in Anambra state?

Until we wake up from our deep slumber to realize that we will be losing our best opportunity to transform Nigeria by rejecting Tinubu who is a selfless leader and a detribalized Nigeria, until we come to the understanding that a leader like Bola Tinubu is very rare in the Nigeria of today, until we all rally round the Jagaban of Africa to make him our next President, our country may continue to wander forever without achieving it's full potential. Any myopic non-Igbo that campaigns for Pyrate Confrataty Occultic Cultist Biafran-Addict like Peter Obi that is always on Black Dress (yet Deceiving gullible Christians) should be ready kiss their Tribal-Pride goodbye because Igbos' number 1 Aim is to Trample on all other Nigerian Tribes to make them feel they are less than Humans. Tell yourselves the Truth, or you Don't know Igbos?! You think they love or value you?! Ask the South-Southerners of how they Took over their Oils, Subjugated them and mercilessly Treated them like 2nd Class Citizens right on their Own Lands throughout Biafran War, they are forever Grateful that Biafra was thwarted because they would have been eternally enslaved by Igbos right on their Fatherland forever. Know this and know Peace.

For a Greater Untribalized Nigeria, Bola Tinubu is the answer.

© Fattykolly Ibn Alimi

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by bhella10: 5:29am On Sep 03, 2022
Illegality cannot stay. In the coming days I'm sensing trouble within LP. Obi might be disqualified.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by Viraltrends123: 5:29am On Sep 03, 2022
Why would someone join a party today, and be a presidential candidate after few days, and they even claimed win he win. Is this the kind of person or party we want to rule this country, and some people are always here to fight for them, chai. Nigerians ehnnn. Let all this Obidience,. Batified and Atikulated quickly end, let everyone rest, I know they will still come back for quarrel 2026 again.

Meanwhile

Obi achievement in ANAMBRA compiled years ago
https://www.nairaland.com/7265227/throwback-2012-thread-where-nairalanders

Good things to know about Nnamdi Kanu!

https://www.nairaland.com/7265227/throwback-2012-thread-where-nairalanders

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by Olachase(m): 5:29am On Sep 03, 2022
Anyhow 2023 won be make he be
Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by derecho(m): 5:30am On Sep 03, 2022
Kikikiki
NOTHING can stop Peter Obi at this point.
Peter will be Nigeria's President come 2023

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by obyrich(m): 5:30am On Sep 03, 2022
mycar:
the must always find a way to add peter obi's name in everything. the write did not even mention the Lagos LP governorship candidate.
The stupidity nairaland is displaying lately is embarrassing

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by mymadam(m): 5:31am On Sep 03, 2022
Really? OK o tongue
Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by jimetagambo: 5:31am On Sep 03, 2022
In the mud

1 Like

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by Ventura1: 5:32am On Sep 03, 2022
PDP clowns hijacked LP, when was the last time you hear about the atikulators? They've also hijacked Nairaland.
90% of LP candidates across board are decampees from PDP, they are not different from the past we dearly want to change.

10 Likes

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by Authoreety: 5:32am On Sep 03, 2022
Odiegwu!

1 Like

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by OPICANTO2223: 5:32am On Sep 03, 2022
Ha
Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by DevilSignature: 5:32am On Sep 03, 2022
angry

Enough of this joke
Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by englishmart(m): 5:32am On Sep 03, 2022
Gagaban media

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by strangest(m): 5:33am On Sep 03, 2022
Lol... They are using tribalism now to push a drug dealer, Muslim ticket, shaky shaky...

I'll never vote for a man that ordered the Massacre of innocent protesters to protect his tollgate business

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by gigabyte13: 5:33am On Sep 03, 2022
grin grin grin
Factional chairman and governorship candidate.... shocked shocked
What else could be more greedier than this.
Dis one sef, go dey follow blame Buhari
Mtchewwwwwwww
All polithiefcians are mad in this country

1 Like

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by NaijaCowFarm: 5:34am On Sep 03, 2022
We muuuuuuuuveee! To demystify Amoda

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 03, 2022
These people will never do the right thing. They'll prefer forming victims, thy always want the law to be bent to suit their mediocrity

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by Doyou2019: 5:36am On Sep 03, 2022
Awamaridi should face his own issues and keep Peter Obi's name out of his mouth.

Throughout the article, this funny man couldn't even conjure up some cojones to mention 'Rhodes Vivour', who took his spot .
But every wahala shaa must be put on the Peter Obi brand for traction and yeye clout-chasing .

Get a life Mr Ifagbemi, will you? .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by bigdammyj: 5:39am On Sep 03, 2022
Noted.
Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by ArmaniUhuru: 5:39am On Sep 03, 2022
G
Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:41am On Sep 03, 2022
Na just news

Nothing do Peter Obi
Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by Obojuju: 5:42am On Sep 03, 2022
Pushing and adding negative stories with Obi Peter name to Nairaland front page every now and then wont change the fact that Tinubu is too arrogant and currently empty in brain due to excess drugs. He is sick. He thinks Nigeria belongs to him. . And the youths of this nation will open a new and wide pathway that will put him in his place. He is also too corruption inclined and sees that system as normal. His Muslim - Muslim ticket is also a sign of disrespect and shows how he prioritizes personal interest above collective interest of the nation. Atiku's only and major problem is that he will definitely steal heavily, because he is very loose. So it hard to trust him. If Osibanjo had been picked by APC, perhaps we would have had 2 viable choices at least, even thou he may be used as a puppet. Right now, the best option for any genuine and objective Nigerian is Peter Obi. Most of those craving for Tinubu and Atiku are those benefiting from their corrupt flows. So they don't want to be jobless or broke. Nigeria will be free. 65 million Nigerian voters have already made up their mind to vote for Peter Obi under Labour Party come 2023.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifagbemi Awamaridi: Lagos LP Crisis May Nullify Obi’s Candidacy by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 5:52am On Sep 03, 2022
SmartPolician:
The ruling party is getting ready for the election, while the opposition parties are fighting up and down.

Are you sure the opposition parties, both PDP and Labour Party, are ready to win this election?
oga, go look bush. Your strategy won't work. How can a little misunderstanding in Lagos chapter of LP affect the OBi movement that is spreading like wide fire in hamartan season. Pls try another better strategy because come FEB 2023, Jagaban will lost the election including Lagos State like Osun. Then you all Tinubu urchins can gnash your teeth in agony, while ur jagaban wee and poo in his molfix adult pampers

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo / N500b Paris Club Refund: Labour Set For Showdown With Governors / 'How Police Robbed Me Of 100k For Having 2 Laptops In Lagos' - Man Shares Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.