Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State (48524 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Peter Obi When Nigeria Won The Nation Cup In 2013 / Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check / The Letter Peter Obi Wrote To A Senior Prefect While He Was Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by CheapHomes1: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2022
Patriotsleague:

These are mere brick and mortar, Obi didn't empower the economy of Anambra, Soludo inherited a huge debt portfolio and is still borrowing. An economically viable state is what Lagos is, that's why you people are everywhere here, running away from Anambra. Every governor build schools, hospital, roads. Can you empower your people, make the economy of the state thrive?

Obi is a mediocre, he does not have it.

Bros, is Lagos not the most indebted state in Nigeria?

How was the economy of Lagos empowered and who empowered it?

How is Lagos "economically viable"?

How did Tinubu "empower" the people of Lagos state?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Irupetepete: 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:
p

Can you pls name the "many industries" that he attracted?
learn to read, juhel and co
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by kayperry: 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2022
Abdu81:

Building hospitals, bridges, roads, university, security vans, stadium, tourist centres, school of nursing, teaching hospitals secondary schools parks and markerts are local government project?

Do you see why tinubu supporters are most useless and senseless humans on the earth.

No i don't buh i can tell Peter obi is an Ipob project on proxy.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by CheapHomes1: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
Irupetepete:
learn to read, juhel and co

As someone who knows how to read when they say something is many, what does it mean?

As someone who has learnt how to read, how is "juhel and co" the answer to the question?

Can you pls name the "many industries" that he attracted?
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Magnoliaa(f): 2:31pm On Sep 03, 2022
majamajic:
The longest bridge in Anambra is not here and why ?

Peter Obi built the bridge from Amokpala to Awgbu

U can't mention helf of Obi's projects here , I have like over 20 big projects yet be mentioned here

Nice try , but not close at all

Create a thread na.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Magnoliaa(f): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2022
Shaybebaby, have you seen this thread?

If you haven't, you should. smiley There are verifiable sources attached to the pictures.

1 Like

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by globemoney01: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Yes I know, Peter Obi pit Obaino there, a crook like him, to clean his mess. Ask yourself if Obi was this noble, righteous man, why would he put in a man like Obaino to succeed him?

He placed him there to help him cover his tracks. EFCC had to interrogate Obaino. So shameful, I have never heard of a governor running out of the state same day he signs out, he had an invitation, he ignored it, EFCC had to intercept him at the airport. What a disgrace, you bigots only look at others when the big stick in your eye has blinded it. You people are blind and lost, culturally, traditionally.
Shut your ignorant mouth, Obiano's arrest by EFCC was purely witchunt and that is why nothing came out of it. He was arrested because he stopped Malami and his gang from rigging Anambra election. How can you foolishly say a governor with Immunity was invited by EFCC. Listen Obiano is one of the finest Nigerian Governors ever, if you dont know his achievements then check the thread below.. He is not a media man. He has gone to EFCC cleared his name, travelled and still returned to Nigeria to campaign for his wife for senate so stop saying what you dont know.
https://www.nairaland.com/7043711/did-obiano-work
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by IfnobeGod20: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
Chikeluba25:

"Don't engage except u want to be embarrassed" laughable. You should know that blackmail does not work here.

The picture u attached is Obi's long abandoned Onitsha 5star hotel not Agulu lake resort. I am glad you are the one shooting yourself on the leg.
Did you really read the content of the poster. It was specifically mentioned, 5 star hotel and agulu lake resort. You're just embarrassing yourself. Please go back and read again and stop this embarrassment you're giving yourself.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by globemoney01: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2022
Chikeluba25:

laughable. So awarding a project is now an achievement? Do you know how many times Enugu/Onitsha expressway was awarded before one axis was finally built by Buhari led administration??

My brother you have pass this level. I respect you alot for u to be talking from both sides of ur mouth. Show nairalanders evidence of Obi inspecting Construction of MCC bridge.
My brother, is one of us only that he's campaigning for Obi now so allow him sell his narrative please. He knows everything. If it was one of those evil demons that never want to agree obiano did anything, you will know I would have shut down the thread before it even gained traction.. Just allow him till after the election so they wont blame you as to why they didnt win. Udo
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by lailo: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
All the achievements not up to what Ibikunle Amosun with his failed regime did in Ogun State. Wonders grin. OK, those things have transformed anambra? Or the projects don vanish? Abi wetin come make Anambra the best state in Nigeria after Abuja? Yeye dey smell grin grin
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Irupetepete: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2022
post=116305478:
Peter Obi performed in all sectors without borrowing still was able to reduce the state debt, cleared all backlogs salaries, pensions and gratuities, he never owe contractors or suppliers
na this him clothes/dressing dey always funny me, a man of integrity...
They never saw him coming, o gbe won ni iscoming

1 Like

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by IfnobeGod20: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
ArcChu:
12 Lane Onitsha headbridge to new Awka Road project with associated drainage and Beautification of Upper Iweka Bridge. (How do I attach pictures here?)
Go to where they wrote choose file and click it. You can add 4 pictures at a time. Just go down small under this comment port.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by IfnobeGod20: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2022
JAMANZE:
What of the longest km of road he built with three bridges from Isi aguata through Aguluezechuwu ,Ogboji, Akpu and ajali with dual drainages. Peter obi is next to God don't let anyone deceive you
Please don't equate Obi as next to God. He's a human being and he's fallible.

1 Like

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by int0x80(m): 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
post=116305478:
Peter Obi performed in all sectors without borrowing still was able to reduce the state debt, cleared all backlogs salaries, pensions and gratuities, he never owe contractors or suppliers
And he still left money for Obiano. Peter Obi may not be a saint but he's way better than Atiku and Tinubu. Nigerians, choose wisely come 2023!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by IfnobeGod20: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Pls when you say something is many, what does it mean? Does it mean 1 or 2?

What's the difference between intafact beverages and SABmiller?

One produce beverage and the second produce beer.
I know that some people have listed some enterprise that he attracted to the state.
For him using many, you are projecting, he should list at least 10. Well, I don't think he attracted up to that number but at least based on his capacity, he was able to attract few.
Finally, was once an appointee of government, he knows more than the outsiders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by RealTalkNoBull: 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2022
Why do Nigerians build such ugly structures?
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by onyibest2k(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2022
Can you see why am supporting him like zumbies you called me I want a better Nigeria Wetin they wear for hands u no need mirror to look am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by onyibest2k(m): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2022
wasuka14:

Photoshop and lies pls who you want impress here??
why are u telling God to punish you I never see this one b4

1 Like

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by onyibest2k(m): 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2022
Peter obi is the kind of market that sells it self he don't need too much promo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by LadyRosa(f): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
Komu1048:

If u don’t do, others do. And where did I insult the whole igbos. And I’m talking about what I know, u might call it insult. You might be clean but u don’t have to think to know about one or 2 Igbos that is into crime for money

You just dey talk okpata
So Yorubas don't also commit crime? Your bile go soon burst.

Ika ni e!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by NwokoloOwa: 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
IfnobeGod20:
shocked
In this 2022, Peter Obi and Tinubu are not on the same level at all.if it was 1999 or 2007, Tinubu can compete with Peter Obi favourably and even beat him hands down but Tinubu of 2022 is not the same of Tinubu of the old.
You guys are just looking at Tinubu's political sagacity but not his other side of life. The political relevancy has not taken us to anywhere.

He had problem with Ojukwu because he wasn't the type who know how to rub palms like regular politicians not because of divisiveness. They claimed, he was divisive to Anglican against Catholic but he gave same Anglican church money to renovate their schools and also revamped their nursing school and also reregister it. Such issue is bound to happen in any setting. You don't expect Catholic which is more in number to be treated same way with fewer Anglican. Even the deaf and dumb know that catholic is the main church that Ibos attend and have their churches more flooded the igboland.

It was the same issue he had with the state assembly, because he refused to rub their palms, as they normally do. You know they impeached him twice and in the two, the courts voided the impeachment because the impeachments were not based on constitutional breach.

This time around we need a president that will be up and doing to manage our resources to meet our yarning and stop empowering politicians at the detriment of the state.

I like this type of conversation I'm having with you. Decent. Let's always keep it decent as we interrogate our circumstances.

Nigeria is so so complex that you need to put together a lot of good people around our good leaders to excel. I can tell you that Buhari as a person is reasonably clean in terms of grabbing money. Though nepotic in his appointments. He couldn't rise above primordial influences to manage our diversity effectively not minding his goidness on the other side. Peter Obi is a good man, but the structure we operate, national assembly, judiciary, the military, paramilitary, civil service etc are very very complex.

Really we need more good men and women to contest no matter the party for this dream to become a reality. Obi cannot do it alone. Neither can Tinubu do it alone. I'm not mentioning Atiku, not that he doesn't have the capacity, but I believe power should rotate to the south for stability.

That's why I said that national appeal, ability to galvanize people, political savviness etc are needed now.Buhari lacked most of this Buhari relied more on his integrity which failed us. Peter Obi never really had these traits but is learning to build it fast. He has good appeal amongst the youths which is good. I can tell you that without these qualities, the whole thing will be shaky.

People like Zik, Awo, Ahmadu Bello, Okpara, MKO, Mbadiwe Akintola etc had good doses of these traits. Even the elected President of Kenya Ruto was propelled more by political sagacity, savviness, good national appeal to win not withstanding a lot of baggages having been part of government for decades including Uhurus government for the past 8 years.

Let's just keep interrogating.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by chigoizie7(m): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
Chikeluba25:

Agulu lake resort, MCC bridge Onitsha,...

Below is picture from Agulu lake resort Construction. There you can even see Willie is working car/ Obiano face branded vehicle/ banners... I guess Obiano has turn Obi on nairaland.

This show that you are not from Anambra state, this Agulu lake started the same period NAFDAC and UNIZIK pharmaceutical department was moved to Agulu, stop telling lies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by LadyRosa(f): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
lailo:
All the achievements not up to what Ibikunle Amosun with his failed regime did in Ogun State. Wonders grin. OK, those things have transformed anambra? Or the projects don vanish? Abi wetin come make Anambra the best state in Nigeria after Abuja? Yeye dey smell grin grin

You want state to compare FCT, sit of power with anambra?

Chai!

Yeye dey ooze. grin
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by chigoizie7(m): 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2022
Chikeluba25:
Just the same way Anambra International Airport, Anambra International Conference Center, Awka flyovers,... Where constructed by Obi.

What a shame

Oga the MCC flyover was built by obi, there was a heavy accident involving a heavy tipper and the bridge was damaged, I knew that just before I left naija, it was about to collapse, that was when obiano came to rescue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by chigoizie7(m): 5:28pm On Sep 03, 2022
Chikeluba25:

Let me help you.
Obiano reconstructed the bridge after it was cut by erosion... and this erosion has been there even before Obi built the bridge but he ignored it.

Will you shut up and stop telling lies. This bridge was never affected by any erosion, instead that express road was threatened by erosion but it never got to the bridge. Obiano tacked the erosion , that’s all. Stop making yourself look stupid. I was working in one of the banks at new parts when all that happened and you know that new parts is directly facing this very flyover. The only thing obiano did on the bridge was to beautify it which is very commendable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by perez100: 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2022
Peter Obi worked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by shaybebaby(f): 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Shaybebaby, have you seen this thread?

If you haven't, you should. smiley There are verifiable sources attached to the pictures.
I have hun and also read the link you provided in the other thread.

Sorry about the delay in replying..shopping, afternoon nap( a must on weekends cheesy) etc.

So I read up on Pandora papers and whilst not a good look, not exactly a smoking gun. A lot of prominent people use shell companies to hide their funds and avoid tax. Whilst not illegal, it is immoral.

I guess two things I'm mulling are

1) what was the exact nature of the transactions he sought to conceal I.e were they legal and simply to avoid tax obligations or were they illegal?

I guess the mitigating factor here ( might be myopic of me) is that the trusts were all set up before his tenure as governor, not during- which would lead to me to assume he did it to conceal funds appropriated from the public purse?

2) Should we overlook the fact that he failed to declare these interests? I mean compared to what we know these government officials get up, some I've seen up close and personal, this is small in comparison but should it be dismissed on that basis?

Not entirely certain. Thank you for the brilliant write-up in response to my question. I aprishate gidi gan.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by JAMANZE: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
Yes ooo. It took him just one year to complete the project, his reason of building it is that the rural areas can have access road to bring their farm produce to the urban centers. I am from one of the village I listed there so I know how beneficial that road is to my people. It more than 10 years now and you can't find single pot hole on that road. Obi na man abeg
excess4luv:

You mean Obi built that road, wow.. I drove through it some months ago to Umunze and it was still solid.

Okwute tried so much

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Freebills12: 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2022
[color=#000099][/color][quote author=Sonyboom765 post=116305755]When you are done lying to your Igbo kinsmen you let's us know. Picture of Obi commissioning project you post 3 or 5 then kept post photos no camera quality can produce at that time without Obi anywhere in the photo yet tag them all Obi project. You don see Ipob fools foe here abi.

I know you don't believe him, because you are immune with bad governance. When an Igbo people openly support their own, know he is the best. The poster is under reporting what Obi did in Anambra state. This man gave every secondary school in Anambra state a school bus, sound proof generator, 50 set computers,and sank a bore hole for every secondary school in Anambra state. I'm not talking of clearing up of secondary teachers salaries that were on strike for one year during Mbadinauju administration. Whether you believe or not it holds no water, my only conviction is God Almighty will repay him for he set a standard that will be difficult to alter.
No government since the history of Nigeria has invest in education than Peter Obi. If there is mention his name and what he did!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by FatherOfJesus: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
Does it mean that Tinubu didn't start and complete any project in Lagos for 8years?
Even after receiving huge sums in revenue?

Good forbid BAT thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by IfnobeGod20: 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2022
NwokoloOwa:

I like this type of conversation I'm having with you. Decent. Let's always keep it decent as we interrogate our circumstances.

Nigeria is so so complex that you need to put together a lot of good people around our good leaders to excel. I can tell you that Buhari as a person is reasonably clean in terms of grabbing money. Though nepotic in his appointments. He couldn't rise above primordial influences to manage our diversity effectively not minding his goidness on the other side. Peter Obi is a good man, but the structure we operate, national assembly, judiciary, the military, paramilitary, civil service etc are very very complex.

Really we need more good men and women to contest no matter the party for this dream to become a reality. Obi cannot do it alone. Neither can Tinubu do it alone. I'm not mentioning Atiku, not that he doesn't have the capacity, but I believe power should rotate to the south for stability.

That's why I said that national appeal, ability to galvanize people, political savviness etc are needed now.Buhari lacked most of this Buhari relied more on his integrity which failed us. Peter Obi never really had these traits but is learning to build it fast. He has good appeal amongst the youths which is good. I can tell you that without these qualities, the whole thing will be shaky.

People like Zik, Awo, Ahmadu Bello, Okpara, MKO, Mbadiwe Akintola etc had good doses of these traits. Even the elected President of Kenya Ruto was propelled more by political sagacity, savviness, good national appeal to win not withstanding a lot of baggages having been part of government for decades including Uhurus government for the past 8 years.

Let's just keep interrogating.
There is no doubt that Peter Obi doesn't have national appeal due to the tag that has been given to his tribe but in other aspects, he is head and shoulder with any contestant. If that tribal tag is out of it, I am cog sure he will win the election hands down.

Meanwhile, my quest is for the citizens to look beyond this tribal line and put the nation first because the survival of this nation is the prosperity of the citizens. We cannot continue this way and every election season we come out and begin to complain again.
We've tried to go on that line severally but it has not helped us in any way as a nation, instead it has compounded our woes.

My greatest fear is that we have been electing our leaders based on political convenience and not truly on competence and ability of such individual to weather the storms in difficult times and that has been what brought us into this kneeling state in our nationhood.

I am just praying we get it right next year and chat a new course for the survival of our nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Sonyboom765: 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2022
No wonder you are supporting the Pandora Criminal Peter Obi Ikpeazu Ugwuayi Kalu Orji Theodore Orji Abaribe n others fools failure n criminals you cherish in Igboland

Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Woman Photoshopped Herself Into Zahra And Ahmed Indimi's Wedding Photos / Copy Of The Petition Against The Deputy Senate President / Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.