Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State (48525 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Peter Obi When Nigeria Won The Nation Cup In 2013 / Did Poverty In Anambra Rise While Peter Obi Was Governor? - Fact Check / The Letter Peter Obi Wrote To A Senior Prefect While He Was Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by waldigit: 3:11am On Sep 04, 2022
Even if Obi didn't do any project, he is eminiently qualified on the basis of EQUITY. If Nigeria must survive Obi should be the next president else, note it down, it's the beginning of the end of one Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 4:40am On Sep 04, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Importing is killing our economy, others are innovating, manufacturing, processing, make money in a way that develops your economy, not just importing substandard products. Alaba and small shop business contribute less than 2% of Lagos state revenue, the prime real estate zones in Nigeria, Banana Island, Asokoro, Maitama, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Lekki phase1, are mainly owned by yorubas, Hausas, deltans mainly, you people are just loitering with the crumbs, areas like Ibeju Lekki inner zones etc is where you see Igbo drug dealers buying lands now, yorubas and Hausas own the main Real estate values in prime areas in Nigeria, who owns the banks, yorubas, deltans, Hausas, who owns big manufacturing, the Okoyas, the Jimoh Ibrahim's, Dangote, Otedola, Alakijas. Blue chip companies, designation of head offices by companies in Lagos, ports, and good tax system is how Lagos makes its money not igbos. Igbos need Lagos, that's why Alaba men must appease APC, otherwise they can move them out, people are queuing for that space. Stop bragging on crumbs. Importing is bad for Nigeria economy. We all must invest in manufacturing, processing. Stop being so greedy and self centered. Manufacture, produce, process, and mine natural resources, and employ teeming Igbo youths, committing suicide via carrying drugs into Malaysia, Indonesia, it's only desperation that will make a man risk his existence for money. This is why so many Igbo youths have turned to terrorists under Ipob. Invest in what will give your people jobs. This is what Lagos has done, created an economically viable state, well empowered police trust fund, good security, freedoms, liberty, tolerance. Bigotry always never does a people good. You sound very myopic and uninformed.

Lols. Your rage is real man. I can see the fumes from your nose. grin grin The lies you have to tell yourself to be alive. It's not easy to be you man. There no hope for you, you'll die a hater, no need to preach. The envy in you is deadly you can kill another fellow, that's if you haven't done so many times already. You really spent all your write-up not making a constructive argument but simply raging like a wild bull with your hateful rhetorics because somebody pushed your mumu button by revealing someone's success story.

Keep hating bro. Your life must really suck, at this point all i feel for you is pity, i just wished you found some time to channel all this hate into something meaningful. Shame on you and your Kind!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 4:57am On Sep 04, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Tinubu's project is why all your successful men have ran away from Anambra to Lagos, even Obi. Reality bites.

Yes all the Europoeans, chinese, Americans that live in Jos, Calabar, Enugu, Lagos, portharcourt, Owerri, and all across the third world countries and the rest of the world at large basically ran away from their countries because it wasn't good enough for them.

It's an insult to call your lots illiterates. You are just plainly stupid and hopeless. Bunch of propaganda machines, spreading false and illogical roadside arguments to feed your popular hate culture.

You see white you call it black, you see black you call it white. You are clearly stupid and listen I make no apologies, come up with reasonable arguments next time, this format don cast since.

Even an slowpoke knows that 20 shoe makers cannot live together and expect to offer services to one another. As they are able to fix their shoe problems each to himself. Lawyers do not look to fellow lawyers as clients, they must must go outside their profession to do same. Each market is unique and must be explored. Beyond that who are you to tell anyone where and how to make a living. By the way each tribe has its vices so no need to garbage along with you on that. You are as tribal as they come.

You are clearly bereft of all common sense and truth. Try to be less foolish next time, and please, Piss off!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 5:19am On Sep 04, 2022
JAMANZE:
What of the longest km of road he built with three bridges from Isi aguata through Aguluezechuwu ,Ogboji, Akpu and ajali with dual drainages. Peter obi is next to God don't let anyone deceive you

Your words are truth. Abeg kindly modify the God aspect ejoor, doesnt seem right at all, Infact it was a wrong call. Kindly refrain from such statements, if you are a believer ask for forgiveness, if not still do abeg, no allow passion make you blaspheme God.

Obi will transform Nigeria if he is able to conquer all the hate and propaganda against him, and he will by Gods grace. All this campaign of culumny against his person will end in praise.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 5:34am On Sep 04, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Nah it doesn't work that way, we are in Lagos, you can only lie to fools. Alaba is where you find mainly Igbo traders, Alaba is not a highbrow area of Lagos, a lot of substandard products in this market. This market contribute to our importation problem in Nigeria. There are thousands of malls and plazas owned by foreigners and people of diverse tribes. Alaba is a microcosm, when it comes to tax revenues or IGR in Lagos. The luxury hotels, banks, oil conglomerate head offices, blue chip companies, and thousands of service and product based businesses across Lagos provides the accumulative IGR. Stop miseducating the public. Your business is peanuts when it comes to businesses in Lagos. All these talk about owning houses in Lekki is all lies. Igbos mainly do small businesses in Lagos.

And the trophy for most tribalistic igbo hater goes to patriotsleague. We get the point now, Igbos are the most useless things on the planet. Job well done. You can now go and take a nap. I just hope you haven't suffered a heart attack because of this thread.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Patriotsleague: 5:37am On Sep 04, 2022
Truthdeypain:

Yes all the Europoeans, chinese, Americans that live in Jos, Calabar, Enugu, Lagos, portharcourt, Owerri, and all across the third world countries and the rest of the world at large basically ran away from their countries because it wasn't good enough for them.

It's an insult to call your lots illiterates. You are just plainly stupid and hopeless. Bunch of propaganda machines, spreading false and illogical roadside arguments to feed your popular hate culture.

You see white you call it black, you see black you call it white. You are clearly stupid and listen I make no apologies, come up with reasonable arguments next time, this format don cast since.

Even an slowpoke knows that 20 shoe makers cannot live together and expect to offer services to one another. As they are able to fix their shoe problems each to himself. Lawyers do not look to fellow lawyers as clients, they must must go outside their profession to do same. Each market is unique and must be explored. Beyond that who are you to tell anyone where and how to make a living. By the way each tribe has its vices so no need to garbage along with you on that. You are as tribal as they come.

You are clearly bereft of all common sense and truth. Try to be less foolish next time, and please, Piss off!
Those people you call do not sell gala in go slow, they don't sell fake goods in alaba market, and they don't sell fake drugs, they don't constitute nuisance, selling even where not authorized. Foreigners come with real money, create real businesses that creates jobs. What you people do is import, which is bad for our economy and one man business. It only benefits you and your families. Nnamdi Kanu and Ojukwu are the most foolish people that ever lived, for destroying the destiny of igbos, turning your lands to a desolate region, filled with cannibals and terrorists. My point is no one needs your services in Lagos, can't you see that Lagos state government is clamping down on illegal shops?
You need Lagos, Lagos even want you out, because you people sell fake thinking everywhere and deface the city.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Patriotsleague: 5:40am On Sep 04, 2022
Truthdeypain:

Lols. Your rage is real man. I can see the fumes from your nose. grin grin The lies you have to tell yourself to be alive. It's not easy to be you man. There no hope for you, you'll die a hater, no need to preach. The envy in you is deadly you can kill another fellow, that's if you haven't done so many times already. You really spent all your write-up not making a constructive argument but simply raging like a wild bull with your hateful rhetorics because somebody pushed your mumu button by revealing someone's success story.

Keep hating bro. Your life must really suck, at this point all i feel for you is pity, i just wished you found some time to channel all this hate into something meaningful. Shame on you and your Kind!
I hate people who are against Nigeria, anyone who makes themselves an enemy of Nigeria, will die. No mercy for traitors. Am more successful than all your family put together, stupid nuisance.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Patriotsleague: 5:42am On Sep 04, 2022
globemoney01:

Shut your ignorant mouth, Obiano's arrest by EFCC was purely witchunt and that is why nothing came out of it. He was arrested because he stopped Malami and his gang from rigging Anambra election. How can you foolishly say a governor with Immunity was invited by EFCC. Listen Obiano is one of the finest Nigerian Governors ever, if you dont know his achievements then check the thread below.. He is not a media man. He has gone to EFCC cleared his name, travelled and still returned to Nigeria to campaign for his wife for senate so stop saying what you dont know.
https://www.nairaland.com/7043711/did-obiano-work
You Obi supporters always lying spreading propanganda, this is what is destroyed your people and states. Continue.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 5:45am On Sep 04, 2022
post=116308340:

Dumbo I can't remember saying that Awka flyovers was done by Peter Obi

Kindly stop exchanging with that paid agent. It's their format you should know better, they operate the 3Ds, Debunk, Discredit snd Demonize.

That's how they go about their cheap blackmail and propaganda. Don't try saving a lost soul. Do your duty and ignore the agent.

2 Likes

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 6:00am On Sep 04, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Those people you call do not sell gala in go slow, they don't sell fake goods in alaba market, and they don't sell fake drugs, they don't constitute nuisance, selling even where not authorized. Foreigners come with real money, create real businesses that creates jobs. What you people do is import, which is bad for our economy and one man business. It only benefits you and your families. Nnamdi Kanu and Ojukwu are the most foolish people that ever lived, for destroying the destiny of igbos, turning your lands to a desolate region, filled with cannibals and terrorists. My point is no one needs your services in Lagos, can't you see that Lagos state government is clamping down on illegal shops?
You need Lagos, Lagos even want you out, because you people sell fake thinking everywhere and deface the city.

There is no cure for hate and bigotry. Imagine trading with you a couple, you seem to be descending more and more into your shallowest points of rationality. Betraying more and more envy. Quite disgusting, if you ask me. You are most unreasonable, and it's best for my psyche to ignore you. Maybe some other time I'll be a more willing customer grin grin

Here's a fact you can chew on bro. The sun will continue to rise in the east.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Patriotsleague: 6:08am On Sep 04, 2022
Truthdeypain:

There is no cure for hate and bigotry. Imagine trading with you a couple, you seem to be descending more and more into your shallowest points of rationality. Betraying more and more envy. Quite disgusting, if you ask me. You are most unreasonable, and it's best for my psyche to ignore you.

Here's a fact you can chew on bro. The sun will continue to rise in the east.
Your tribe are the kings of bigotry, only Igbo lands today in the whole Nigeria is where they kill non igbos, only igbos stays in Igbo land. Is that not why you want your biafra, so only igbos will be in it?

Then everyone else will chase you back to your beloved Biafra. You people are the biggest bigots in Nigeria, you hate Hausa, hate Yoruba, kill Hausas in igboland. You are very foolish if you think we Nigerians do not know that igbos are the most selfish bigots in Nigeria. The bigotry that plunged you into war in 1962, you are still deep in bigotry,look around Igbo land, do you see other tribes there?

You need other tribes, other tribes don't need you, that's why you move everywhere like refugees, because nothing in your region.

This is the definition of bigotry, you can't coexist. Retarded brains.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Obamaofusa: 6:20am On Sep 04, 2022
babajero:
E shock you abi? Peter Obi is different from your cash doling corrupt politicians. That is why non of your corrupt politicians have been able to accuse him of corruption.

Everybody knows that HE Obi tried but he did not do much projects like you are projecting.
There is a reason all states and governors have information sectors and they always make use of news platforms.They even do periodic magazines to reel out the different strides of the govt.
You have not posted any verifying evidence to show that HE Obi did many projects in Anambra during his tenure.
To most people here,you are just making jokes if you dont post a kind of medium to support the pictures you are posting.
If any newspaper clip you post is false,we would see another from opposition parties or his antagonists that will counter the news.
The ones shown and posted by Tinubu supporters are factual and a truism compared to these 'from the blues' being posted by you.
Let us see supporting tabloids for all you have posted.
Anambrians will not be angry with Obi if he had done these few projects you posted.
Some were on nairaland here calling him a curse and bad omen to Anambra.
Nobody did that to Tinubu even his traducers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 6:22am On Sep 04, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Your tribe are the kings of bigotry, only Igbo lands today in the whole Nigeria is where they kill non igbos, only igbos stays in Igbo land. Is that not why you want your biafra, so only igbos will be in it?

Then everyone else will chase you back to your beloved Biafra. You people are the biggest bigots in Nigeria, you hate Hausa, hate Yoruba, kill Hausas in igboland. You are very foolish if you think we Nigerians do not know that igbos are the most selfish bigots in Nigeria. The bigotry that plunged you into war in 1962, you are still deep in bigotry,look around Igbo land, do you see other tribes there?

You need.other tribes, other tribes don't need you,.that's why you move everywhere like refugees, because nothing in your region.

This is the definition of bigotry, you can't coexist. Retarded brains.

Ever heard the maxim "res ipsa loquitur" it means the thing speaks for itself. I will not speak of what a hospitable and wonderful people Igbos are as I may seem biased. I leave that to peeps who encounter, live, do business and transact with IGBOS on a daily basis.

Contrary to your propaganda, there are lots of non statesmen resident in Eastern states with properties and facilities to their names. Including yorubas, hausas and every tribe you can think of, Igbos are perhaps even more friendlier to strangers than to their kin and kith.

Igbos voted for OBJ, YARADUA, GOODLUCK, ATIKU. Every reasonable facts and indices indicates O contrari to your postulations. Stop the hate. Nobody in this world has more reasons to hate yorubas than myself I have gone through terrible experiences of life too numerous to document, but I choose not to judge the rest by the actions of a few. Here i am playing defence, not like I cannot write-up fifteen pages of worse hate speeches.

Be having sense, it may not be too late for you.

1 Like

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 6:54am On Sep 04, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

All these barefaced liars that lie without any iota of conscience and intelligence, point out specifically the projects of Ngige and Obiano that were mentioned.

You people have become epitome of falseness and deceit that nothing about you is straight again. Crooked individuals.

Even when Peter Obi projects and legacies are staring you in the face, you are still blinded with perpetual darkness of lies.

You never see anything sef you dey complain. Even if Jesus and Mohammed endorse Peter Obi, they will still fly their propaganda. Man must chop grin grin
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 6:59am On Sep 04, 2022
Michdear:
Op bravo,I really love what you are doing here,this is what I was expecting all these while from Peter obi supporters,fact and please do not mind those guys talking about how those projectS are not economic viable,they are just trying to be smart,education ,health ,infrastructure development are key development goals,APC and PDP should come and give their own records too let see,meanwhile as a Yoruba person I won’t tolerate some tribal abusive comments from either any Igbo to Yoruba ,this ugly set of people are dangerous instead the tribalistic PO supporters to post something interesting g like this to convince more people to support obi,he will be out there throwing shades and curses in a very undeplomatic way same goes to those Tinubu supporters in particular too.you guys are so lazy that you can’t even engage in a civil conversation and disagreement without cursing out. Mad people everywhere

If only everyone was as reasonable as you. grin grin
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Truthdeypain: 7:06am On Sep 04, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Who is agbado candidate and what's my business with him/her?

How can I shut up and show you something at the same time? Pls grow up.

Can you pls name the "many industries" that he attracted?

This guy you must be a troll, If you are not I don't know what you are. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by IfnobeGod20: 7:08am On Sep 04, 2022
Patriotsleague:

I hate people who are against Nigeria, anyone who makes themselves an enemy of Nigeria, will die. No mercy for traitors. Am more successful than all your family put together, stupid nuisance.
Like the man below that doesn't believe in one Nigeria. I also join you to hate those people. How would you say you don't believe in one Nigeria and still want to be her president. In the name of Jesus Christ, it won't work. Please continue praying in your closet that God will disappoint those that doesn't love Nigeria.

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by vikiphy89(m): 7:14am On Sep 04, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Importing is killing our economy, others are innovating, manufacturing, processing, make money in a way that develops your economy, not just importing substandard products. Alaba and small shop business contribute less than 2% of Lagos state revenue, the prime real estate zones in Nigeria, Banana Island, Asokoro, Maitama, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Lekki phase1, are mainly owned by yorubas, Hausas, deltans mainly, you people are just loitering with the crumbs, areas like Ibeju Lekki inner zones etc is where you see Igbo drug dealers buying lands now, yorubas and Hausas own the main Real estate values in prime areas in Nigeria, who owns the banks, yorubas, deltans, Hausas, who owns big manufacturing, the Okoyas, the Jimoh Ibrahim's, Dangote, Otedola, Alakijas. Blue chip companies, designation of head offices by companies in Lagos, ports, and good tax system is how Lagos makes its money not igbos. Igbos need Lagos, that's why Alaba men must appease APC, otherwise they can move them out, people are queuing for that space. Stop bragging on crumbs. Importing is bad for Nigeria economy. We all must invest in manufacturing, processing. Stop being so greedy and self centered. Manufacture, produce, process, and mine natural resources, and employ teeming Igbo youths, committing suicide via carrying drugs into Malaysia, Indonesia, it's only desperation that will make a man risk his existence for money. This is why so many Igbo youths have turned to terrorists under Ipob. Invest in what will give your people jobs. This is what Lagos has done, created an economically viable state, well empowered police trust fund, good security, freedoms, liberty, tolerance. Bigotry always never does a people good. You sound very myopic and uninformed.
The one your said baba banned since how have that improve the economy. How much was rice when they were still importing? Now that Nigeria brought their stone rice how much is it now? Did the closing of border in any way helped the masses or they use it to frustrate some people and allowed their political friends to do their import.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Patriotsleague: 7:36am On Sep 04, 2022
vikiphy89:

The one your said baba banned since how have that improve the economy. How much was rice when they were still importing? Now that Nigeria brought their stone rice how much is it now? Did the closing of border in any way helped the masses or they use it to frustrate some people and allowed their political friends to do their import.
What's my business with Baba?

If he retires to Daura, follow him. Talk like you have sense. Am talking of the entity, we all will die this entity continues. Talk with some sense.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Patriotsleague: 7:42am On Sep 04, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Like the man below that doesn't believe in one Nigeria. I also join you to hate those people. How would you say you don't believe in one Nigeria and still want to be her president. In the name of Jesus Christ, it won't work. Please continue praying in your closet that God will disappoint those that doesn't love Nigeria.
Tinubu is talking based on the experiences with the igbos and Hausas, civil war etc. He said he doesn't believe in one Nigeria, he did not say he did.not believe in Nigeria, this is different from Obi's son standing on the national flag and obi demanding the federal government release Kanu, a known ipob leader that commanded the killing of Nigerian security operatives and innocent igbos were kidnapped by his urchins and prisoners Ipob released from jail. Tinubu did not say he didn't believe in Nigeria, he said he didn't believe in 'one Nigeria', if you understand English, you will understand the difference. Tinubu is absolutely correct, you can't force all states to be one, but we can live in tolerance under the laws of the nation. True federalism means, every nation will determine its destiny. We don't have to be one, let's just obey the laws, in true federalism states have their own laws. Focus on your region, Tinubu is right, igbos hate yorubas, Hausas hate igbos, you can't force love. Tinubu is a realist, not people living in an illusion, believing Obi will come with a magic wand. It's the systems that carry out the work. Tinubu is absolutely right. He believes in Nigeria, but based on our history, one Nigeria is a myth. Mediocre hypocrites like you can't understand. We don't have to be one, since we want secession etc, let's focus on true federalism.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by CheapHomes1: 8:03am On Sep 04, 2022
Truthdeypain:

This guy you must be a troll, If you are not I don't know what you are. grin grin

I am a concerned citizen
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by oyatz(m): 8:27am On Sep 04, 2022
Tortedad:
QUESTION

How old was Amoda Ogunlere when he stole the Identity of Late Miss Bola Tinubu in order to travel with her traveling Documents?

ANSWER

87 minus 70 that’s 17 years because the late Bola daughter of Baba Kafaru Tinubu would have been 70years today according to her documents which Amoda now possess as his own. Amoda was 17years when he transformed into Bola Tinubu may her gentle soul Rest In Peace. Amen

Many of you are NOT intelligent at all.

1) Amoda was born in 1935

2) Amoda would have been 17years in 1952.

3) So Amoda used Bola's traveling documents to enter the US in 1952?
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by oyatz(m): 8:34am On Sep 04, 2022
PresidObi:

The unseen audio IGR argument again grin

Go and tell an old dying widow that cannot get healthcare in Ikorodu about IGR figures and see how she will curse you.

The General Hospital in Ikorodu and LASAMB Ambulance Services at Ikorodu are far better than everything in Anambra State
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by oyatz(m): 8:36am On Sep 04, 2022
post=116305050:

Peter Obi transformed Anambra education sector.

These schools are PRIVATE Catholic Schools.

You never fail to tick the box for legendary propaganda.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by descarado: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2022
majamajic:

I said he really tried , why u find faults in the statement ?
Yes I do.
Every other thing you said after your first comment is hogwash
Disappointed honestly.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by majamajic(m): 10:39am On Sep 04, 2022
descarado:

Yes I do.
Every other thing you said after your first comment is hogwash
Disappointed honestly.

Me and peter , we live 2km apart in village . grin grin I head his campaign group too

So deal with that too
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Benchilwell: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2022
Verysmart101:

When did Peter Obi leave office? Wasn't it in 2013 and u left in 2009? Dumb brain
very dumb brain, he left when obi was just 2 years governor.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by globemoney01: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2022
Patriotsleague:

You Obi supporters always lying spreading propanganda, this is what is destroyed your people and states. Continue.
What is the lie and propaganda in what I said or when you are ignorant you call everything lie and propaganda
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by Magnoliaa(f): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
shaybebaby:
I have hun and also read the link you provided in the other thread.

Sorry about the delay in replying..shopping, afternoon nap( a must on weekends cheesy) etc.

So I read up on Pandora papers and whilst not a good look, not exactly a smoking gun. A lot of prominent people use shell companies to hide their funds and avoid tax. Whilst not illegal, it is immoral.

I guess two things I'm mulling are

1) what was the exact nature of the transactions he sought to conceal I.e were they legal and simply to avoid tax obligations or were they illegal?

I guess the mitigating factor here ( might be myopic of me) is that the trusts were all set up before his tenure as governor, not during- which would lead to me to assume he did it to conceal funds appropriated from the public purse?

2) Should we overlook the fact that he failed to declare these interests? I mean compared to what we know these government officials get up, some I've seen up close and personal, this is small in comparison but should it be dismissed on that basis?

Not entirely certain. Thank you for the brilliant write-up in response to my question. I aprishate gidi gan.

Okay... Happy Sunday, dear. cheesy

So you're Yoruba sef? I had no idea o. But anyhow, ko t'ope.

Below is an interview by PO himself addressing the claims in the Papers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-kgC_oqdA

I hope you've got time? I have not even finished watching it, but it seems he's addressed all of it to the 20-minutes mark. I can't say if he revisited the issues towards the end, but the allegations in the paper were put to him first within the first minutes.

Now, it is his words alone, and I take that wholly, until there is conclusive evidence showing that he used the trust company to launder money or evade tax, etc. Trust companies are used for savings, investments, and real estate plannings. So since he said the company was never used for illegitimate purposes, then the only purposes it can be used for remains legitimate. As I said, his words. Nobody can tell if he's telling the truth or he's lying... it becomes an individual thing whether you choose to believe him or not. And given his track record of integrity, I am inclined to believing him. This one, to me, is a subjective area. There is no way I can convince anyone otherwise or make them change their disposition or reservations... so you're at liberty to believe what you want about him concerning this trust issue after you've judged things yourself and examine who he is. smiley

He mentioned the company being legitimately opened for him alongside other clients of where he worked.

Now, I don't fully know how assets declaration works. He said he only declared assets COMPLETELY owned by him. 100%. Totally... he claimed he couldn't declare shares he owns together with others in a business... He talked about that at the 11:30 mark. He's an economist - one. And maybe if I see another factual economist brings a faulty reasoning or idea out in his explanation... cheesy. I'll confirm for myself too sha. If you truly cannot declare assets that are from shares in a company... because others have shares in that company too, and the company borrows money to do business, so while Peter Obi was managing the company, does he own those money and the assets of the company? That was the reason why he did not declare some of his assets. He owned them together with others. Listen to his explanation for more clarification.

So, is it a *small issue* that should be dismissed? No. I think it is a non-issue rather that shouldn't even be given a consideration at all. He has consistently been cleared of misinformation about mismanagement of funds from the 250 million naira in his aide's convoy to SABMiller. The reasons are as clear as daylight and simple as ever... only a perception spin on these things can turn them into what they are not.

Caveat: About 10 eminent Nigerians were mentioned in the Pandora Papers and only Peter Obi, as far as I know, has presented himself to newsmen for the interview above and a clearance of himself. He CAME OUT to CLARIFY his name being mentioned in potentially destructive files. That is a big green flag to me.

How many government officials do you know who willingly present themselves to the public and securities for investigation and scrutiny?

Person wey dey petition police and EFCC say make them come look into him matter. grin

4 Likes

Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by descarado: 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
majamajic:

Me and peter , we live 2km apart in village . grin grin I head his campaign group too

So deal with that too
Describe the way to his house from nwagu agulu.

This one no dey Google so don't try checking.
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by IfnobeGod20: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Tinubu is talking based on the experiences with the igbos and Hausas, civil war etc. He said he doesn't believe in one Nigeria, he did not say he did.not believe in Nigeria, this is different from Obi's son standing on the national flag and obi demanding the federal government release Kanu, a known ipob leader that commanded the killing of Nigerian security operatives and innocent igbos were kidnapped by his urchins and prisoners Ipob released from jail. Tinubu did not say he didn't believe in Nigeria, he said he didn't believe in 'one Nigeria', if you understand English, you will understand the difference. Tinubu is absolutely correct, you can't force all states to be one, but we can live in tolerance under the laws of the nation. True federalism means, every nation will determine its destiny. We don't have to be one, let's just obey the laws, in true federalism states have their own laws. Focus on your region, Tinubu is right, igbos hate yorubas, Hausas hate igbos, you can't force love. Tinubu is a realist, not people living in an illusion, believing Obi will come with a magic wand. It's the systems that carry out the work. Tinubu is absolutely right. He believes in Nigeria, but based on our history, one Nigeria is a myth. Mediocre hypocrites like you can't understand. We don't have to be one, since we want secession etc, let's focus on true federalism.
Your denigration can't change a bit of anything in my life. It just shows your level of maturity.
However, this is the problem I have with some of you. Somebody plainly said, he doesn't believe in one Nigeria but you that wasn't in his mind want to interpret what you presumed was in his mind. Don't help him to interpret it to suit your narrative. He said that because of political inconvenience as at that time, when he never knew what the future holds.

You know the difference between Tinubu, Obi and Atiku, the latter two are not bastards that always sell their race because of political relevance. Have you seen Atiku not supporting the ideology of the Hausas and Fulanis? Not possible. Did you recall when he wrote comment to condemn the killing of Deborah but after seen the reaction of his people he immediately deleted it. For Obi, he may not talk or say anything but he will indirectly support his people but come to Tinubu from day one he has not closely identify with Yoruba but always in defence of his political relevance. Anything that will dent his political relevance, he will fight it dirty but to support the ideology of the Yoruba, he will not. When Sunday Igboho was agitating for Yoruba nation liberation, instead of him to keep mum or show solidarity, he started attacking him, just because of his political interest. He always forgot that he is first Yoruba before he is Nigerian. In Yoruba adage, they often say, it is only a bastard that uses left hand to show the direction of his father's house. Tinubu in many instances have shown such disdain for Yoruba. You will never see him fronting Yoruba course but always at the forefront of political course that will only benefit him.

Below link will also clear your doubt of the misinterpretation you gave to what he plainly said.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/24/apologise-for-saying-you-do-not-believe-in-one-nigeria-apc-chieftain-to-tinubu/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjHtfaCwvv5AhWdQ_EDHaxwD0wQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3pWQn6-csa2_3rqN-91dBN
Re: Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State by majamajic(m): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
descarado:

Describe the way to his house from nwagu agulu.

This one no dey Google so don't try checking.

Nwa agu , I do come there to eat local chicken with red oil , ( ndu nese okwu bar ) , I buy ukwa there too if am going back to lagos , there's GUO buses to nkpor on the right , go up small u see madonna catholic church that's close Dora akunyili family house , go up small u see late Igwe ejidike house before awgbu junction , need I go more ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Copy Of The Petition Against The Deputy Senate President / Florence Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Played Politics With My Husband’s Death / Abdulrasheed Maina's Mansions Seized By EFCC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.