Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi (41314 Views)

Pictures From Peter Obi's Town Hall Meeting At University Of Abuja / Mama G & Others Arrive Venue Of Margaret Obi's Town Hall Meeting In Enugu / Pictures From Peter Obi's Town Hall Meeting With Anambra State Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Moh247: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
rickyrex:
learn to keep shot those disjointed mandible of yours. i no blame you nah free data cause am

Ok Is that all or you Wana wail some more

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Wipper7000: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
Naajjii:
Is it really Town hall meeting or funds raising meeting hiding under tall hall meeting to Cash out? these Obidient people hmmm.
Well since they don't have structure to win let them use this chance to cash out before reality sets in.
Nobody will work very hard in the USA and come give that money to some stupid people talking nonsense and bouncing fake figures around. someone who just left pdp and some people are celebrating him to be their messiah. I dont know why some Nigerians dont think. Its only in Nigeria people has free money. Not in America. Nothing is free in America. Let me know how many pay the fees to listen to the nonsense when dem finish

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Kagd10: 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2022
Demolakay:

Dis foolish jolt, ur still running around on nairaland Abi. It's d mod dat banned me, give u chance.

Soo in ur stupidity, u dnt know dat d general meeting of d NBA is rotated abi? was d last one held in Lagos? ur brain is dirty.

U said obi only commission federal government project, bt ur attributing d Eko Atlantic city project, which is a private sector funded project to Tinubu. Are u dis daft?
U said dey are attributing Innoson to Obi, bt ur attributing all investors in Lagos to Tinubu. Ur a mad fellow OOO!!

In one of d early morning thread, u say d achievements of Peter obi, wit pictures, bt d Tinubu thread only has headlines, no pictures attached, nd ur still ranting. Sho fe gbo ku ni?

U jst stay online ranting lyk a baby deprived of breastfeeding. nd na person born u ooo!!

Peter Obi supporters and stoopidityyyyy, 5 & 6

How's Eko Atlantic which is Tinubu's Lagos project in partnership with an investors similar to a private individual business like Innoson? You dey mad? Tinubu could as well go claim Elizade Toyota car . You dey mad?

Same way you miscreantttss claimed elementary school built by missionaries. You dey mad?

2 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Themandator: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
Naajjii:
Is it really Town hall meeting or funds raising meeting hiding under tall hall meeting to Cash out? these Obidient people hmmm.
Well since they don't have structure to win let them use this chance to cash out before reality sets in.

Your candidate no get this value.....

If him get make him supporters try am

Na value make dem out price... The event is not for everybody
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Wipper7000: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
Owopariola001:

Awon "We want it look like people are rushing for Obi"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLryiAU4F7s
cheesy cheesy

The Diasporans can pay sha. We the local go collect.

And by 2023, we'll still vote for Tinubu. cheesy cheesy
Bro nobody will pay a dime in America to listen to nonsense. You mean after working in the cold and weather , some will come and give that money to Obi fool....my brother na lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Themandator: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
omenka:
What sort of rubbish question is this? Are Peter Obi and his deputy incapable of spending their own money on their own project? Or don't they believe in themselves? Are they paupers?

Make una stop this rubbish abeg. Y'all said Obi is a billionaire, let him stop being such a stupid skinflint and finance his own project.

Nonsense.

It is not there project and this is a proof that they both have value

Let Tinubu and Shettima stage one in that venue for the same fee
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by julaion: 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
Rozross:
Peter Obi can deceive everyone but not me, he should rest and leave politics alone. Someone that’s still fighting obiano over money remittance issues, a very silent corrupt individual.
Suffer. No dey tire you
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Wipper7000: 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
Esseite:
Its called fund raising and the audience completely understand.. the main question should be if the others organize theirs, would people be willing to pay?
Nobody will pay. you mean I will bring my $250 to listen to nonsense . people in diaspora has bills to pay please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by desiredhome: 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2022
grin grin
donbenie:
You don't know anything..
Stop displaying crass ignorance..
Every politician and supporters in America,knows what fund raising meetings are for..
Start improving your knowledge..
Stop displaying your ignorance kid.....
This is Nigerian politics not American politics....
You are doing fund raising, thought your principle said that is a wast of money/extravagant life........

In Father Mbaka's voice........ grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by sonso: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
[quote author=Naajjii post=116313306]Is it really Town hall meeting or funds raising meeting hiding under tall hall meeting to Cash out? these Obidient people hmmm.
Well since they don't have structure to win let them use this chance to cash out before reality sets in.[/quot

All the organizers are Igbos.
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Wipper7000: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
BATified2023:
if he can charge his supporters whom he claim to love 5k dollars then what will he charge people not supporting him?
I bet you, his supporter will not #50 to listen to his nonsense because they have bills to pay
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by ShaqFu: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
Ishilove:

cheesy
Nairalanders say he is the lesser evil. My own is why must we even vote any kind of evil in the first place? Unfortunately, there is no desirable candidate. Just the same old recycled set
It's because there is no other choice. Remember what they say about choosing between the devil and the deep blue see? Well for me I don't believe that. I've seen first hand in this country of ours, we are plagued with devils. Almost everyone is a devil and you find such devils in places of authority and the likes.

So for me, this election will be decided among three devils. So I believe it is wise to chose the devil you know, rather than the devil you don't know.

Don't forget when you know the nature of the devil you know, you know what he or she is capable of and how to deal with he or she.
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Throwback: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2022
Damoon77:
$5k in the US is just like our #5k in naija but the moment you put on exchange rate it becomes very big. That’s the Nigerian mentality

What manner of illiteracy is this?

How many professionals in America earn $5000 per month that a Mechanic or Electrician in Nigeria would charge N5000 naira for any quick repair?

$5000 in America is like our N3.5M.

That is why it is called exchange rate/equivalent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by PenSniper: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Peter Obi Na Nnamdi Kanu promax

To know how shallow 3rd class Obi-diots are .. it's unconstitutional taking money for Election overseas

How stupid are you not to read the Electoral law as a presidential candidate, when people now loose over name discrepancy and petty things

“Section 85 of the Electoral Act is explicit. Section 85 (a) (b) is explicit on that.

He and his followers are OBIZombies.
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by brown3: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Igbos see this as an opportunity to grab power, and rightly so. They have been marginalized in terms to holding on to the number one seat for years.

However Igbos are known to be sentimental and tribalistic, the cabal knows that if you give Igbo man president, he will be worst than Buhari, as he will put only Igbo men in vital position. Check all through history, any time an Igbo man had any positions, it becomes an all Igbo affair. Igbos are not Nationalist, thus leaving power for them will be a major disaster. The average Igbo man thinks all other people are fools and they are the smartest and most intelligent people.

Peter Obi's movement is another Ponzi scheme that must be shunned. He is on a personal agenda/Igbo agenda, and history will vindicate me again if he wins.

Shun Ponzischeme

SgtPonziHater
PO is your next president, I Know you urchins are afraid because you don't want to lose your 30k monthly payment, you urchins should collect as much as you can collect from bullion van criminal.
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by sylve11: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2022
Okwyjesus:

Over sabi. The meeting is meant for supporters not nuisances.

grin grin cool
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by plaetton: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
richie240:
Data as revealed to u by them.or u sit down in d corner of ya 2-by-2 'shade' yarning dust biko?

Oshey 'mista logistics'!
$5000 (#3.5 million) for a (las-las) 4 hrs 'town-hall meeting', and someone is still wondering how d albino was able to own a £10 million pound house in UK.

Na bcus of warped thinking like ds dey cause every tom dick and chibuzor use Una head to cash out, sotey sarki (twitter wotspopping) sef follow join.

Ndi-Igbos sef!
cool

The experience is from the last townhall meeting we organized for Peter just about 2 wks ago, in a much smaller setting.
Again, it is fund raising call for donations.
Logistically, it also makes sense. These townhall events are held in rented hotel halls that have a strict capacity limit.
If the hall has a capacity limit of 300 people, and 10,000 people are eager to come, other a lottery, the best thing to do is to allow 300 paid donors to event.
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Amalekki: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
Sowore is there, he is a valid option considering the pool we've had and still have. Enough with the hypocrisy. Peter Obi was not a kid during military time when real patriots rose to be counted, including a Sowore in his 20s and even the likes of Tinubu, Olisa Agbakoba, Gani Fawehinmi & numerous others. Where was Peter Obi's love for Nigerians then? Conveniently minding his own business?
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Demolakay: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
Kagd10:

Peter Obi supporters and stoopidityyyyy, 5 & 6

How's Eko Atlantic which is Tinubu's Lagos project in partnership with an investors similar to a private individual business like Innoson? You dey mad? Tinubu could as well go claim Elizade Toyota car . You dey mad?

Same way you miscreantttss claimed elementary school built by missionaries. You dey mad?

Weyrey! elizade motors has been existing bfor Tinubu became elizade started in 1976. Oponu gaan ooo!!!

Was it Lagos state funds DAT was used to fund d Eko Atlantic? or privately funded? ori é tí gbale!

Ur jst a lout, inconsequential, mumufied fellow
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by CheapHomes1: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
seunmsg:
Baba wey no dey give shishi dey charge $250 for townhall meeting. Anyway, Farooq Kperogi is returning the favor. If you no go give shishi, e no dey pay shishi. Guy man no fit dey job guy man grin grin grin

Seriously though, why is Peter Obi charging as much as $5000 in some instances for his town hall meetings in America? Is this dude scamming Nigerians? Is he cashing out all in the name of presidential contest? What exactly is the registration fees for?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02gTWGb76hg4cVJM19rnhXhdKruKCX5UYR6VpgEac5YAYJAwgDqDLd44pkLFRhh9hel&id=47904265

There's nothing wrong with raising funds for election. In the same america, politicians do publicise their fund raising activities. The problem though is to disguise it or call it another name. If I were a Nigerian in the US, I don't see the wisdom in going for a town hall meeting to listen to a Nigerian presidential aspirant when am not going to vote even if it's free how much more being asked to pay. How will his lecture benefit the folks in the US?
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by eaglechild: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2022
seunmsg:

The flier is there for everyone to see. Why is Peter Obi charging as much as $5000 for his town hall meeting in America?
Is Peter Obi African coalition for good leadership? (The organisers that is clearly written on the flyer)
Is the venue free?
A town hall meeting is typically organised by a person/group who calls a guest speaker to give a lecture.
The venue /facility used is paid for by the organisers who invariably charge a fee to offset the expense.

It should not be paid for by government funds ideally.

We need to start thinking more critically in Nigeria and not be swept away by petty sentiments.
In any case the excess can be used to find the campaign.

That is how a sane clime operates and NOT leveraging on State governor's to use tax payers money to fund presidential campaigns.
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by TrueNigerian300: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2022
Kagd10:

Farook kperogi has criticised Tinubu the most. So now that he's calling out your miscreantt of Peter Obi, you're crying?

On a side note, I saw some envious people who were crying about Tinubu project that was listed with articles backing them up. These people were crying despite the fact that articles were dated.

Tinubu projects litters everywhere in Lagos just as his Eko Atlantic city where the recent NBA held for example.. why didn't it hold in Anambra for example?

Tinubu's Millenniums schools, Lekki trade zone, Lekki seaport, BRT etc..

Not to mention the fact that Tinubu ensured Lagos thrived despite Obasanjo seizing Lagos allocation for several years which Osinbajo recently talked about. Lagos' economy today is the 4th largest in Africa, thanks to Tinubu.

Meanwhile, Peter Obi has no legacies at all. Apart from converting Amaku general hospital into teaching hospital and commissioning federal roads built by federal government even as he confirmed that he was fully paid by the federal government in the attached below..

Peter Obi got nothing tangible to his name. His followers are even claiming private sector such as Innoson for Peter Obi. Imagine if it was Tinubu that was claiming the business of private individuals in Lagos such as Elizade cars?

Peter Obi's supporters are so shameless. Claiming individual people's private business such as Innoson and the returned elementary schools built by missionaries which were returned back to the missionaries and also, Anambra state university (Ojukwu university) which was built in the year 2000. Shameless people..

Meanwhile, see what has become of the Amaku general hospital which was converted into Anambra/Ojukwu teaching hospital.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-teaching-hospital-in-ruins/

The joke is on you all.

Ignore those morons...they cry over everything.
To the obedients are you foolishly saying no one must criticize your mini god. Farouq is a social critic and critisizes anyone at every opportunity most time with data to backup his claim, even though he is sometimes mischevous. Now, Obi asked fools to pay 250 to 5000$ to listen to the rubbish coming out of his mouth with so much distorted data and you are crying someone is calling him out.

You are a slowpoke if you think Obi is a saint and deserves not to be called out when needed.

2 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by 2Radii: 3:58pm On Sep 03, 2022
Massiveglory:
I do not even believe this until it is confirmed. But if a charge was given in the USA and people are filling the hall, then it means obi is a phenomenal candidate.
No body will pay $250( Usd) to come listen to a nobody.
If this is true and people are filling the hall to pay their hard earned money, then Peter obi has something to give.
Hmmmmmm

So because it is obi now, its normal and needed

But were it to be other candidates, they wil be tagged brokes and corrupt, raising money for elections grin

Laslas, all of u(Bats, Obidients, Atikulates) are all hypocrites grin
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Konjiboii: 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2022
Even if them want $100k we go still support PO, my own be say I no want PDP or APC at all.
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Kagd10: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2022
Demolakay:

Weyrey! elizade motors has been existing bfor Tinubu became elizade started in 1976. Oponu gaan ooo!!!

Was it Lagos state funds DAT was used to fund d Eko Atlantic? or privately funded? ori é tí gbale!

Ur jst a lout, inconsequential, mumufied fellow

Another gibberish from the dummbbbbb Ipob brain. Point is it's a private individual business. Tinubu could as well as go claim them if we're going by it. He could even go claim private companies. Uselesssss people.

Eko Atlantic city isn't a private individual business. It's Lagos' government project partnered with investors.

1 Like

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Masterito(m): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2022
I hope this government and APC dey impress you.
Rozross:
Peter Obi can deceive everyone but not me, he should rest and leave politics alone. Someone that’s still fighting obiano over money remittance issues, a very silent corrupt individual.
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by franugo(m): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
muykem:
Nigeria electoral law forbids political parties from raising funds from abroad to use to finance their electioneering campaigns or elections.

“Section 85 of the Electoral Act is explicit. Section 85 (a) (b) is explicit on that.

Lol, that's why it's been structured this way I believe. His supporters realise that much more money is needed if obi is to emerge victorious next year and they see no issues in raising funds by paying such amounts to hear him talk ....what I don't understand is why it pains some people, God knows we pay more than this to watch some entertainers come and jump around like brainless monkeys
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by amaridigital(m): 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2022
Owopariola001:

Awon "We want it look like people are rushing for Obi"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLryiAU4F7s
cheesy cheesy

The Diasporans can pay sha. We the local go collect.

And by 2023, we'll still vote for Tinubu. cheesy cheesy

Check the names of the organizers of that fundraising event in Atlanta and you will find no Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani on the invitation card. This obi-dirty project is purely an IPOB project. Sorry for those dumb SW yoots who have been brainwashed by IPOB already. He no dey give shi shi but he dey collect dollar from him maye.

1 Like

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Gatewisdom(f): 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2022
Obi is our man.
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:09pm On Sep 03, 2022
topcatking:

This is for all the idiots who talk without first thinking.

Obi did not set up a meeting , neither is he hosting a meeting. Obi was "invited to SPEAK" at the meeting.
So, how are the entrance fees ascribed to Obi?

Make una dey think o

cc: seunmsg
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2022
omenka:
What exactly has Obi ever financed on this fantasy project, tell me.

Everywhere, you hear people donated this and that. What is Obi and his wife chick doing with their money? Why must they keep learning on people with alot less means than themselves to finance their project?

The only reason the ipob man is reluctant to spend his money is because he himself knows he stands no chance, so any dolt willing to contribute money to them can be their guest.

Pathetic.

Peter Obi has donated hundreds of millions to schools and businesses around Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Insecurity: Smart Adeyemi Weeps On Senate Floor / El-Rufai Responds To A Tweet Asking Him To Employ Shehu Sani (Screenshots) / Igboho: Yoruba Nation Must Happen To Enjoy Electricity Like Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.