Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi (41320 Views)

Pictures From Peter Obi's Town Hall Meeting At University Of Abuja / Mama G & Others Arrive Venue Of Margaret Obi's Town Hall Meeting In Enugu / Pictures From Peter Obi's Town Hall Meeting With Anambra State Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by omenka(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2022
SmartPolician:
I think the organizers are using it to raise funds. Who will pay for the hall, refreshments and other logistics to be used for the so-called town hall meetings, Peter Obi? You guys must be jokers because even flying around from one city to another costs a lot of money.

Anwyays, I am sure the organizers have a better explanation for it. Attendance no be by force. If Farook doesn't attend, many Nigerians are eager to do so as we have seen.

I still maintain that Labour Party needs a lot of money because you cannot win elections in Nigeria when you are running against money bags. Tinubu and Atiku will use money to buy up all the voters. If charging privileged Nigerians in America is a way of raising funds for Labour Party in order to have enough resources to win this election, so be it!
What sort of rubbish question is this? Are Peter Obi and his deputy incapable of spending their own money on their own project? Or don't they believe in themselves? Are they paupers?

Make una stop this rubbish abeg. Y'all said Obi is a billionaire, let him stop being such a stupid skinflint and finance his own project.

Nonsense.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by greenermodels: 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2022
This is standard practice for presidential contestants in America,

Trump to headline a $580,600-per-couple fundraiser, the most ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 2020/02/13

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiXy9Puwfj5AhWTHOwKHTHGAGkQFnoECA0QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-to-headline-a-580600-per-couple-fundraiser-the-most-expensive-of-his-reelection-bid%2F2020%2F02%2F13%2F144b75b2-4e7a-11ea-a4ab-9f389ce8ad30_story.html&usg=AOvVaw2wYORvRuW1MTvwy3M-iY4M

5 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Naajjii: 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2022
seunmsg:

Town hall meeting/lecture.
It's fund raising in the name of town hall

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2022
SmartPolician:
I think the organizers are using it to raise funds. Who will pay for the hall, refreshments and other logistics to be used for the so-called town hall meetings, Peter Obi? You guys must be jokers because even flying around from one city to another costs a lot of money.

Anwyays, I am sure the organizers have a better explanation for it. Attendance no be by force. If Farook doesn't attend, many Nigerians are eager to do so as we have seen.

I still maintain that Labour Party needs a lot of money because you cannot win elections in Nigeria when you are running against money bags. Tinubu and Atiku will use money to buy up all the voters. If charging privileged Nigerians in America is a way of raising funds for Labour Party in order to have enough resources to win this election, so be it!

But the way Peter Obi talks, don't you think it is a waste of money?

The man portrays himself as very frugal. Are there no cheaper halls in that area? Are there no cheaper ways to communicate whatever information or agenda he has?

A man who claims to hate waste should be more resourceful.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by seunmsg(m): 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2022
omenka:
The Obi brand is nothing but another Biafra-like franchise used to con unsuspecting members of the public out of their hard earned money, especially Igbos.

I pity those falling for the scam.

Exactly what came to my mind when I saw the flier. Obi is now using the same Nnamdi Kanu format. Make so much noise on social about secession/presidential ambition that can’t be achieved. Once gullible folks from the SE buy into it, start a town hall meeting series in western cities to raise funds that are then diverted for personal use and never accounted for. Same shit, different toilet.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2022
Fake propaganda news.Anybody can print fliers.Nigerians have decided already to vote Peter Obi that is why he is been attacked by every other party and candidate with propaganda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Omesbrit(m): 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
That's what it means to have value & competence.Non was forced to pay. Let your candidate bring his price as low as $100, let's see how many Nigerians will pay for it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by wickedJezibel(f): 12:18pm On Sep 03, 2022
omenka:
What sort of rubbish question is this? Are Peter Obi and his deputy incapable of spending their own money on their own project? Or don't they believe in themselves? Are they paupers?

Make una stop this rubbish abeg. Y'all said Obi is a billionaire, let him stop being such a stupid skinflint and finance his own project.

Nonsense.
rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2022
SmartPolician:

This is for all the idiots who talk without first thinking.

Obi did not set up a meeting , neither is he hosting a meeting. Obi was "invited to SPEAK" at the meeting.
So, how are the entrance fees ascribed to Obi?

Make una dey think o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by SmartPolician: 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2022
omenka:

Nonsense.

You are spilling trash. Obi cannot singlehandedly finance his election because he's not going there to loot. I don't know why it's difficult for you blockheads to understand.

It only takes someone who plans to go in and empty the treasury like Atiku and Tinubu to finance their campaign alone. That's because they will recover their money the moment they get there. This is no-brainer!

Even though Trump is a billionaire, he still asked ordinary Americans to support his election campaigns and recount requests. This is how a sane society works and that's exactly what Peter Obi wants to make Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by BlazinGlory40: 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2022
seunmsg:

The flier is there for everyone to see. Why is Peter Obi charging as much as $5000 for his town hall meeting in America?

And are the people paying for it complaining?

3 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by RenaissanceGuy: 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2022
It's the organisers who should be blamed for the ludicrously high ticket cost, not Peter Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by Period007(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2022
Tinubu pays people to listen to him
Atiku pays people to listen to him

People pay in dollars to listen to Peter Obi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by LadyExcellency: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2022
omenka:

Nonsense.

Why is Donald Trump, Clintons, Bushes, Joe Biden etc soliciting for campaign money in USA, while most are billionaires? All Western Politicians are sponsored.

Peter Obi is doing what is obtainable in civilized societies. Politics is the peoples project. Government of the people by the people and for the people.

10 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by richie240: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2022
There's no group of ppl that revel in self-deceit like u guys, walahi!

If he wan raise funds, then come.out and say so, which wan be money for 'lectures'?
Well.I'm not surprised sha. Even sarki (twitter wotspopping) that has spent a great deal of his adult life dissing u guys still use Una brain take cashout, how much more obi.
cool
Okwyjesus:

Over sabi. The meeting is meant for supporters not nuisances.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by BATified2023: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2022
Okwyjesus:

Over sabi. The meeting is meant for supporters not nuisances.

if he can charge his supporters whom he claim to love 5k dollars then what will he charge people not supporting him?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by omenka(m): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2022
SmartPolician:

You are spilling trash. Obi cannot singlehandedly finance his election because he's not going there to loot. I don't know why it's difficult for you blockheads to understand.

It only takes someone who plans to go in and empty the treasury like Atiku and Tinubu to finance their campaign alone. That's because they will recover their expenses the moment they get there. This is no-brainer!

Even though Trump is a billionaire, he still asked ordinary Americans to support his election campaigns and court cases. This is how a sane society works and that's exactly what Peter Obi wants to make Nigeria.
What exactly has Obi ever financed on this fantasy project, tell me.

Everywhere, you hear people donated this and that. What is Obi and his wife chick doing with their money? Why must they keep learning on people with alot less means than themselves to finance their project?

The only reason the ipob man is reluctant to spend his money is because he himself knows he stands no chance, so any dolt willing to contribute money to them can be their guest.

Pathetic.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by MaliCampus: 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2022
omenka:
The Obi brand is nothing but another Biafra-like franchise used to con unsuspecting members of the public out of their hard earned money, especially Igbos.

I pity those falling for the scam.
Lolz.Leave Yorubas alone na. Go and support your Buhari.Shey na by force?

1 Like

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by BigIyanga: 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2022
seunmsg:

The flier is there for everyone to see. Why is Peter Obi charging as much as $5000 for his town hall meeting in America?
Event organizers are the ones charging the money. Also, this is a way for organizers to cover the cost of hosting such events.

1 Like

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by BATified2023: 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
greenermodels:
This is standard practice for presidential contestants in America,

Trump to headline a $580,600-per-couple fundraiser, the most ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 2020/02/13

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiXy9Puwfj5AhWTHOwKHTHGAGkQFnoECA0QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-to-headline-a-580600-per-couple-fundraiser-the-most-expensive-of-his-reelection-bid%2F2020%2F02%2F13%2F144b75b2-4e7a-11ea-a4ab-9f389ce8ad30_story.html&usg=AOvVaw2wYORvRuW1MTvwy3M-iY4M
I guess Peter obi is contesting in America too?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by richie240: 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
Hehehehehe....I trust Una to always add twist to d narratives. grin grin

He shd've kukuma say he's charging them $5,000 (#3.5million) to feed them for 3hours (max) nah.
grin

SmartPolician:
I think the organizers are using it to raise funds. Who will pay for the hall, refreshments and other logistics to be used for the so-called town hall meetings, Peter Obi? You guys must be jokers because even flying around from one city to another costs a lot of money. Anwyays, I am sure the organizers have a better explanation for it. Attendance no be by force. If Farook doesn't attend, many Nigerians are eager to do so as we have seen.

I still maintain that Labour Party needs a lot of money to win this election because you cannot do so without spending money when you are running against moneybags. Tinubu and Atiku will use money to buy up all the voters. If charging privileged Nigerians in America is a way of raising funds for Labour Party in order to have enough resources to win this election, so be it!
Na like this 'money for logistics' d albino take make am for life on top Una heads sotey one of his houses for UK worth £10 million pounds.
grin grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by citygarden(m): 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2022
We told them peter Obi is a guy man, but the Obidient will not listen. Let see how far he goes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by BATified2023: 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Fake propaganda news.Anybody can print fliers.Nigerians have decided already to vote Peter Obi that is why he is been attacked by every other party and candidate with propaganda.
what about this?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by SmartPolician: 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2022
omenka:
What exactly has Obi ever financed on this fantasy project, tell me.

Everywhere, you hear people donated this and that. What is Obi and his wife chick doing with their money? Why must they keep learning on people with alot less means than themselves to finance their project?

The only reason the ipob man is reluctant to spend his money is because he himself knows he stands no chance, so any dolt willing to contribute money to them can be their guest.

Pathetic.

If Peter Obi opens a crowdfunding account and seeks people's support, I will gladly give my widow's mite.

Go kill yourself.

Thank God it's my hard-earned money.

10 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by hedonido: 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
seunmsg:

I understand that you need to pretend to be retarrded as a necessary requirement in order to effectively function as a Tinubu/APC supporter.

Otherwise you would know that Peter Obi isn't the organiser of these town hall meetings. He is merely the invited lead speaker. The organisers levying attendees are doing so at their own instance, as a contribution or what have you to the movement. Peter Obi isn't charging anybody or demanding anything. You know this of course, but your pseudo stupidity as a Tinubu supporter wouldn't allow you reason straight.

9 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by JackHamma1234(m): 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
Oga I'd you no wan go dey your dey, no one I'd forcing you to attend. Just hold on and wait for your BAT community meeting where brown envelopes are shared at the car park. No be by force. You can always watch it on CNN and question him live as much as you want. Focus on the activities of other candidates ohhh yes they have none, as they all await PO to comment first then verify and misquote. LP/OBIDATTI All the way. Infact LP for Lagos, for Abia for rivers for Sokoto.
seunmsg:
Baba wey no dey give shishi dey charge $250 for townhall meeting. Anyway, Farooq Kperogi is returning the favor. If you no go give shishi, e no dey pay shishi. Guy man no fit dey job guy man grin grin grin

Seriously though, why is Peter Obi charging as much as $5000 in some instances for his town hall meetings in America? Is this dude scamming Nigerians? Is he cashing out all in the name of presidential contest? What exactly is the registration fees for?

Lalasticlala Mynd44, how Una take see am?

4 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by 00FFT00(m): 12:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
Una don cry finish?

1 Like

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by MaliCampus: 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2022
They can't campaign for their Drug lord and Boko boy without talking about Peter Obi.

If Peter Obi likes let him charge $10k I will pay and listen to him.
ABI make I go listen to Agbado and cassava, farmers we make more money,we inherited speaking in tongue from the Bible.,lolz NEVER

7 Likes

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by omenka(m): 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2022
richie240:
Hehehehehe....I trust Una to always add twist to d narratives. grin grin

He shd've kukuma say he's charging them $1,000 (#700k) to feed them for 3hours (max) nah.
grin

Na like this 'money for logistics' d albino take make am for life on top Una heads sotey one of his houses for UK worth £10 million pounds.
grin grin
The Obi campaign trail is riddled with ipobic criminality. No way it can be saved.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by 00FFT00(m): 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
BATified2023:
what about this?

Renault Omumukri
Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by richie240: 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
Keep on fooling ursevs.
So in d whole of obodo amelika none of d zombidients can offer their property as a venue for d 'lecture' abi.
grin

hedonido:

I understand that you need to pretend to be retarrded as a necessary requirement in order to effectively function as a Tinubu/APC supporter.

Otherwise you would know that Peter Obi isn't the organiser of these town hall meetings. He is merely the invited lead speaker. The organisers levying attendees are doing so at their own instance, as a contribution or what have you to the movement. Peter Obi isn't charging anybody or demanding anything. You know this of cause, but your pseudo stupidity as a Tinubu supporter wouldn't allow you reason straight.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ticket For Peter Obi Town Hall Meeting In USA Costs $250-$5k - Kperogi by brown3: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2022
omenka:

Nonsense.
PO is Nigeria project and we the youth are ready to finance the project. Go and die if you don't like that way

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari And Team Pictured Enjoying Breakfast As They Prepare For Lagos Rally / Why Buhari Took Off Face-Mask In Daura – Lauretta Onochie (Photos) / No More Business As Usual, Buhari Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.