Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? (1544 Views)

“My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed / I Still Masturbate Even After I Got Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Keeff: 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
I will try and make this as short as possible....... I'm in my late twenties and a university final year dropout (due to me not having a passion for the course I was given to study), now I always feel like I have wasted my life whenever I see the status of friends who were admitted into the Uni same year as me on social media, working in offices and living a really sweet life, some already traveling out and working in the office branch abroads.......I'm comfortable in my own little ways and I don't lack any basic things of life but I always felt I could have been up there with them and this always cause me grief and send me into depression.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by KVN1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2022
That's my shoe you are on Bro,but let us not be discouraged. Let us just keep grinding.
meanwhile,it is my birthday today?
Some should ask for my account number

4 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by faithfull18(f): 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2022
You should have completed the course since you managed to get to final year.

Those who compare themselves with others aren't wise.

You can always go back to school since you said you aren't lacking if you want to. Nothing is impossible. You don't have to work in an office to be financially buoyant.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by GboyegaD(m): 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2022
Why not enrol in NOUN for your course of choice?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Uyi168: 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
and you had to wait till final year before dropping out.

why do I have this feeling you dropped out because of bad results?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by frozen70(f): 1:49pm On Sep 03, 2022
KVN1:
That's my shoe you are on Bro,but let us not be discouraged. Let us just keep grinding.

I am still wondering why you left school at final year

You don't have passion for the course but you struggled to final year

Why not try harder, finish the level and sort out yourself

Tell me what you have achieved after dropping out
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by KVN1(m): 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2022
frozen70:

I didn't leave sch in final year. I deferred in my 2nd year due to finances
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by frozen70(f): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
KVN1:

I didn't leave sch in final year. I deferred in my 2nd year due to finances

Your third line read and on university final year drop out

Anyway, every thing is not about going to the university

Start thinking of what you want to do as a man that will put food on your table
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by ibechris(m): 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2022
Why are u complaining brother.

I was in your shoes also,although I was among the first 8 that graduated in my class in 2008. I read a course I never like but I tried my best to graduate with 3.39 and found myself in the bank after wards.

And today,I have left the bank with a federal job I also do not like.

But what did I do?
I created a side hustle that i like so much?

I make a lot from it without going out of my house.

My advice:
U have to create and invest yourself in what u like and turn things around. I am a family man with this situation in this country,no one will help u except u help yourself.

Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by ibechris(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2022
KVN1:

Hahaha

Happy birthday to u bro...more blessing.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by sisisioge: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2022
It will only get worse if you do not do something about your source of grieve....just go back to school to do the course you like. Even if its National Open University. Depressed people are really over thinkers....simple matter like this!

Honestly, it will get worse if in your late 30s, you find yourself in a position to seek paid employment and you are only qualified for secondary school education kind of jobs and your past colleagues are your boss' boss. Let's go dude!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by MonthlySalary: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
Forget what you see on social media. It doesn't reflect reality entirely as it ought to.

It's never too late to chose a different path and excel in life. Your life is in your own hands.
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by 2Radii: 4:13pm On Sep 03, 2022
Keeff:
I will try and make this as short as possible....... I'm in my late twenties and a university final year dropout (due to me not having a passion for the course I was given to study), now I always feel like I have wasted my life whenever I see the status of friends who were admitted into the Uni same year as me on social media, working in offices and living a really sweet life, some already traveling out and working in the office branch abroads.......I'm comfortable in my own little ways and I don't lack any basic things of life but I always felt I could have been up there with them and this always cause me grief and send me into depression.
See, well sha
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Keeff: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2022
GboyegaD:
how can I go about this please?
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Keeff: 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
sisisioge:
It will only get worse if you do not do something about your source of grieve....just go back to school to do the course you like. Even if its National Open University. Depressed people are really over thinkers....simple matter like this!

Honestly, it will get worse if in your late 30s, you find yourself in a position to seek paid employment and you are only qualified for secondary school education kind of jobs and your past colleagues are your boss' boss. Let's go dude!
can I get to do part time there?
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Keeff: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2022
frozen70:

no achievement whatsoever sir but I really do not lack a thing......I neither have a house nor a car but I have some little investments around that fetches me money
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Keeff: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2022
Uyi168:
and you had to wait till final year before dropping out.

why do I have this feeling you dropped out because of bad results?
the results were quite bad due because I never really wanted it and I didn't bother seeing it out
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by sisisioge: 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2022
Keeff:
can I get to do part time there?

Yes, it is actually part time. Just Google NOUN courses.
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Keeff: 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2022
sisisioge:

Yes, it is actually part time. Just Google NOUN courses.
do I have to write jamb to enter?
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by sisisioge: 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2022
Keeff:

I have no idea....please google to have all the info you need. Cheers.
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2022
GboyegaD:
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by frozen70(f): 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2022
Keeff:
no achievement whatsoever sir but I really do not lack a thing......I neither have a house nor a car but I have some little investments around that fetches me money

Ma'am pls not sir

Is alright
Keep up the investment that's the only live wire that you have for now

Tomorrow may be greater
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by tamcamp253: 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
Whoever you are wherever you are, may wisdom continue to be with you
faithfull18:
You should have completed the course since you managed to get to final year.

Those who compare themselves with others aren't wise.

You can always go back to school since you said you aren't lacking if you want to. Nothing is impossible. You don't have to work in an office to be financially buoyant.
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by GboyegaD(m): 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2022
Keeff:
how can I go about this please?

leody:

Boss please I need ur help I'm down pls

Go to education section for this information on this.
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2022
GboyegaD:

Go to education section for this information on this.
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Moshebolatan: 4:51am On Sep 04, 2022
No just apply... No entrance exam sef ... No physical classes.. u only appear during exams... The form was still out as of last month
Keeff:
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Stevenbright(m): 5:35am On Sep 04, 2022
Keeff:

You are your own biggest problem. Stop comparing yourself to others. Focus on what you are doing and find out ways to make it great!
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 04, 2022
[quote author=GboyegaD post=116329349]

Go to education section for this information on this.[/quote
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by DarkCaesar(m): 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
Moshebolatan:
No just apply... No entrance exam sef ... No physical classes.. u only appear during exams... The form was still out as of last month
wow sorry can I get a link to how I get the form
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Moshebolatan: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
Just type "NOUN PORTAL". U would see all u need there
DarkCaesar:
wow sorry can I get a link to how I get the form
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by nahr(f): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2022
I hope things get better for you, not having a degree doesn't mean that you can't make it.
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Acidosis(m): 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2022
I don't know your full story but, please, if you need to delete certain apps from your phone like LinkedIn and co, please do (if you honestly do not need them). You need to get your act together and don't allow social media mess you up.

I don't think getting a new degree will solve anything to be honest as it is not the main source of your worry. Lets say you get a B.Sc. from NOUN or UNILAG at 34, few minutes on LinkedIn will make you feeling like your degree is worthless and useless. By the time you see 19-year-old girls with 2 first class degrees from Wales and Oxford on LinkedIn, won't your worries return?!

You need to address the source of your worry, which is FINDING fulfilment in what you do. That is the most important step! It is not always about doing what you love as what you love is never stable. It is about loving what you do by being intentional. Ultimately, the goal is not to impress anyone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Were U Ever Beaten By Your Mother?? / Whether Married Or Not Married You Must Read This Story (photo) / Man Divorces Wife, Sues Her For Giving Birth To Ugly Chidren & Won $120,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.