Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? (1569 Views)

“My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed / I Still Masturbate Even After I Got Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by StrikeBack(m): 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2022
Keeff:
I will try and make this as short as possible....... I'm in my late twenties and a university final year dropout (due to me not having a passion for the course I was given to study), now I always feel like I have wasted my life whenever I see the status of friends who were admitted into the Uni same year as me on social media, working in offices and living a really sweet life, some already traveling out and working in the office branch abroads.......I'm comfortable in my own little ways and I don't lack any basic things of life but I always felt I could have been up there with them and this always cause me grief and send me into depression.
none of your friends are living any sweet life. Sweet life is not pictures.
Sweet life is not what you see people post on social media.

Know this and know peace
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Ikembah81: 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2022
GboyegaD:
Why not enrol in NOUN for your course of choice?
Good evening sir how you doing? sorry to bother you... I am in my lowest moment on earth this is my first time of begging online i pray its my last, i have seen instances of you helping people and i pray to be lucky and i hope you see, this i don’t know if you can help me with anything to eat on .... I’m in school writing exams and haven’t eaten anything since yesterday night only drank garri...even if it 500 yo get noodles with I will appreciate it.
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Esthered: 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
Acidosis:
I don't know your full story but, please, if you need to delete certain apps from your phone like LinkedIn and co, please do (if you honestly do not need them). You need to get your act together and don't allow social media mess you up.

I don't think getting a new degree will solve anything to be honest as it is not the main source of your worry. Lets say you get a B.Sc. from NOUN or UNILAG at 34, few minutes on LinkedIn will make you feeling like your degree is worthless and useless. By the time you see 19-year-old girls with 2 first class degrees from Wales and Oxford on LinkedIn, won't your worries return?!

You need to address the source of your worry, which is FINDING fulfilment in what you do. That is the most important step! It is not always about doing what you love as what you love is never stable. It is about loving what you do by being intentional. Ultimately, the goal is not to impress anyone.

I deleted LinkedIn from my phone in 2018 when I almost suffered depression because I thought everyone had left me behind.
I saw my fellow colleague in my former company who was an account officer claim account manager on his profile on LinkedIn.
Since then till date, I don't do Instagram, Twitter..... I log into Facebook once in a month. Too many lies that can make a hardworking person feel inferior.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Acidosis(m): 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2022
Esthered:

I deleted LinkedIn from my phone in 2018 when I almost suffered depression because I thought everyone had left me behind.
I saw my fellow colleague in my former company who was an account officer claim account manager on his profile on LinkedIn.
Since then till date, I don't do Instagram, Twitter..... I log into Facebook once in a month. Too many lies that can make a hardworking person feel inferior.

Good move, Esthered! LinkedIn is the home of fibs and half truths. It's not worth sacrificing one's mental health for. And yeah, some research papers have confirmed a link between professional social networking site and depression. Imagine getting sick over someone else's lies/truths and self-imposed titles.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by emmaodet: 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Esthered:

True.

I avoid Facebook and other social media like a plague.
Feel more comfortable here on nairaland because everything seems sane. I guess due to it been anonymous and people can’t really upload status and videos so nairaland is a bit quiet than other social apps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Esthered: 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2022
emmaodet:

True.

I avoid Facebook and other social media like a plague.
Feel more comfortable here on nairaland because everything seems sane. I guess due to it been anonymous and people can’t really upload status and videos so nairaland is a bit quiet than other social apps.

Same here.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by Ikembah81: 12:27am On Sep 07, 2022
GboyegaD:
Why not enrol in NOUN for your course of choice?
sir pls help me, I am using my neighbors phone to come online I sold my phone to pay my school fees As you help me doors of unlimited favors will open for you.
Re: I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? by GboyegaD(m): 3:26am On Sep 07, 2022
Ikembah81:
sir pls help me, I am using my neighbors phone to come online I sold my phone to pay my school fees As you help me doors of unlimited favors will open for you.

At this time, my hands are tied.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He was caught doing this / Gay and Lesbian Couples Can Now Marry in the UK. Blessing or Curse? / Would You Refuse To Marry A Guy Cos He's Not Fine And/ Or Tall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.