Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? (2963 Views)

What's Special About Iphone? / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 / What Is So Special? This Browser Costs 80,000 Naira On Google Play (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Epurogonogono(m): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
Parachoko:
Which Android Phones are you comparing with iPhones?

Any except the transsion phones
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Epurogonogono(m): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:

I'll do just that, bro.

First, iPhones aren't only popular in Nigeria. They are popular everywhere; iPhones take the crown as the most sold device in the world.

iPhones are expensive because:

Apple only releases flagship devices (apart from the SE series that will soon be discontinued) every year, and they use premium materials to build these devices.

Apple build their flagship pro models using steel, which is more expensive and durable than the aluminium frame used in other flagship devices from other companies, including Samsung.

Samsung's S22 Ultra and Fold 4 are more expensive than the iPhone 13 Pro Max, but they use an inferior build frame when compared to the iPhone.

Although their screen is brighter and nicer than the iPhone's, of what benefit is it when it's put in an aluminium frame that isn't strong enough to protect it, especially when it's a curved display?

This is not to say that iPhone's screens aren't nice. They're actually amazing too.

If you think iPhones are expensive to repair or maintain, you should try repairing a Samsung flagship 's screen.

Apple ecosystem is just so amazing. If you have an iPhone and a Mac, or an iPad, you can answer your calls from your iPad or Mac, if someone calls your iPhone that's in another room.

Also, if you are browsing a website on your Mac or iPad, you can continue from there you stop on your iPhone.

You can copy texts or media files from your iPhone and paste them on your iPad or Mac

You send a text message to an iPhone user and instead of your airtime, data is used.

The phone just works! You're sure that you can pick your phone up and expect it to work pretty fast, without hanging or anything.

You don't need to close apps before your phone works super fast. Most times, I go back to an app I opened 2 days ago and I get to return to where I stopped using the app, without the app reloading. Crazy, right?

Apps have advanced functions than on Android:

1. Twitter space on iPhone has a search bar where you can find spaces you want. The one on Android doesn't have a search bar. You only get what Twitter shows you.

2. I can hardpress a WhatsApp chat and read the message someone had sent to me, without it telling the person that I read their message. Same works from status updates.

3. I can install good shortcuts like "R+ Download" and download videos from any social media app without needing a third-party app.

4. I can airdrop a 1GB file or more in matter of seconds. Yes, I mean seconds!

5. Video recording on an iPhone is just amazing. You won't understand what I'm saying until you record a video on a recent iPhone and a recent Samsung device, and then compare.

Battery life from iPhone 11 series upwards can compete with any Android phone out there with bigger battery Mag.

My iPhone 13 Pro Max lasts me almost a full day on heavy usage. Battery life is better than even the Samsung S22 Ultra.

Processor on this phone is still the most powerful on the market right now. Imagine what the iPhone 14 Pro's processor will be like.

Resale value is good, because not only are iPhones durable because of their build, but Apple also gives software support for almost 4 years after you buy a phone.

I'll let you know of other iPhone advantages, if I think of any.

Twitter on android, see the search bar.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by tecnolad(m): 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
Epurogonogono:

Twitter on android, see the search bar.

Not the general search bar bro. Click on spaces (the microphone icon at the bottom-middle of your phone's screen) and then watch the search bar disappear.
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Hakeem12(m): 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:

I'll do just that, bro.

First, iPhones aren't only popular in Nigeria. They are popular everywhere; iPhones take the crown as the most sold device in the world.

Apple only releases flagship devices (apart from the SE series that will soon be discontinued) every year, and they use premium materials to build these devices.

Apple build their flagship pro models using steel, which is more expensive and durable than the aluminium frame used in other flagship devices from other companies, including Samsung.

Samsung's S22 Ultra and Fold 4 are more expensive than the iPhone 13 Pro Max, but they use an inferior build frame when compared to the iPhone.

Although their screen is brighter and nicer than the iPhone's, of what benefit is it when it's put in an aluminium frame that isn't strong enough to protect it, especially when it's a curved display?

This is not to say that iPhone's screens aren't nice. They're actually amazing too.

If you think iPhones are expensive to repair or maintain, you should try repairing a Samsung flagship 's screen.

Apple ecosystem is just so amazing. If you have an iPhone and a Mac, or an iPad, you can answer your calls from your iPad or Mac, if someone calls your iPhone that's in another room.

Also, if you are browsing a website on your Mac or iPad, you can continue from there you stop on your iPhone.

You can copy texts or media files from your iPhone and paste them on your iPad or Mac

You send a text message to an iPhone user and instead of your airtime, data is used.

The phone just works! You're sure that you can pick your phone up and expect it to work pretty fast, without hanging or anything.

You don't need to close apps before your phone works super fast. Most times, I go back to an app I opened 2 days ago and I get to return to where I stopped using the app, without the app reloading. Crazy, right?

1. Twitter space on iPhone has a search bar where you can find spaces you want. The one on Android doesn't have a search bar. You only get what Twitter shows you.

2. I can hardpress a WhatsApp chat and read the message someone had sent to me, without it telling the person that I read their message. Same works from status updates.

3. I can install good shortcuts like "R+ Download" and download videos from any social media app without needing a third-party app.

5. Video recording on an iPhone is just amazing. You won't understand what I'm saying until you record a video on a recent iPhone and a recent Samsung device, and then compare.

Battery life from iPhone 11 series upwards can compete with any Android phone out there with bigger battery Mag.

My iPhone 13 Pro Max lasts me almost a full day on heavy usage. Battery life is better than even the Samsung S22 Ultra.

Processor on this phone is still the most powerful on the market right now. Imagine what the iPhone 14 Pro's processor will be like.

Resale value is good, because not only are iPhones durable because of their build, but Apple also gives software support for almost 4 years after you buy a phone.

They even get more than four years. I have been a die hard android supporter for a while, recently switched to iPhone xs and I’m loving it.

High quality apps, top notch software - hardware integration. Apple AppStore is better policed than google playstore, hence apps with better optimization.

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Prinzton(m): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
Having been a user of both, and finally pitching my tent with for flexibility I would say Apple has never introduced anything innovative into smartphone development from IPhone 1 to date as it strives on stealing other companies achievements (innovation). and markets on its existing platform.

Apples marketing strategy has been claiming to sell to the upper class using the less quantity high price tag to retain value. But Google, affordability.

tecnolad:

First, iPhones aren't only popular in Nigeria. They are popular everywhere; iPhones take the crown as the most sold phone
Samsung has the crown and record of most sold phone in the world.

Compare other flagship android devices

Aluminium is more expensive than steel and light weight as regards weight of a premium smartphone

Samsung is apple's partner as her screen manufacturer.

You're right on this cos the screen would buy an iPhone on same level.

Apple ecosystem is just so amazing.

Until apple goes open source then you'll understand this. Stock OS from the Nexus and pixel supercedes and other flagship

I can airdrop a 1GB file or more in matter of seconds. Yes, I mean seconds!
Android does this

Google does this via Google services for as long as ever possible which Apple does not. The more reason you get affordable older devices.

Cc: Atheistsandproud

7 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by kingPhidel(m): 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
High security than any brand.
Even CIA can’t access your iCloud when the person dies because of third party agreement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by tecnolad(m): 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
Prinzton:
Having been a user of both, and finally pitching my tent with for flexibility I would say Apple has never introduced anything innovative into smartphone development from IPhone 1 to date as it strives on stealing other companies achievements (innovation). and markets on its existing platform.

Apples marketing strategy has been claiming to sell to the upper class using the less quantity high price tag to retain value. But Google, affordability.

Aluminium is more expensive than steel and light weight as regards weight of a premium smartphone

Until apple goes open source then you'll understand this. Stock OS from the Nexus and pixel supercedes and other flagship

Android does this

Google does this via Google services for as long as ever possible which Apple does not. The more reason you get affordable older devices.

1. Please use iPhone's airdrop feature to send gigabytes of data and do the same for any Android device using nearby share or Xender. Please come back and share the speed result.

2. Steel is stronger and more durable than aluminium.

3. iOS cannot be open source for obvious reasons: Apple likes exclusivity and they also don't play with security. This is apart from wanting to enjoy the monopoly.

4. iPhone 6s was released about 7 years ago and shipped with iOS9 installed on it. It got as far as iOS 15. Kindly name one 7-year-old Android device (on Android 6.0) with Android 12 today. I'm happy to know

5. Kindly refer to the data below so you see that Apple iPhones are the most sold currently.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Chaos14temp: 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:

1. Please use iPhone's airdrop feature to send gigabytes of data and do the same for any Android device using nearby share or Xender. Please come back and share the speed result.

2. Steel is stronger and more durable than aluminium.

3. iOS cannot be open source for obvious reasons: Apple likes exclusivity and they also don't play with security. This is apart from wanting to enjoy the monopoly.

4. iPhone 6s was released about 7 years ago and shipped with iOS9 installed on it. It got as far as iOS 15. Kindly name one 7-year-old Android device (on Android 6.0) with Android 12 today. I'm happy to know

5. Kindly refer to the data below so you see that Apple iPhones are the most sold currently.
i have to argue that 3 and 4 with you
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by tecnolad(m): 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
Chaos14temp:
i have to argue that 3 and 4 with you

I love arguments because I love to learn. Hit me oga mi grin

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Chaos14temp: 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:

When i was learning a bit of hacking i learnt its not that hard to hack icloud and time machine on apple and did you know that apple checks all users phone for illegal content, even though its for security reasons they still get your info
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Chaos14temp: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:

Ios creates the os and only iphones use it so they have to be careful while creating the os. So that it will make most of the phones in the line still usefull like what would happen if iphone 6 stoped at ios 10.
android developers aren't really bothered with this because the know most flagship phones can still handle the heaT
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by tecnolad(m): 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
Chaos14temp:
Ios creates the os and only iphones use it so they have to be careful while creating the os. So that it will make most of the phones in the line still usefull like what would happen if iphone 6 stoped at ios 10.
android developers aren't really bothered with this because the know most flagship phones can still handle the heaT

This point doesn't bring solid arguments against what I have said. To be honest, it's confusing too.
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by tecnolad(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
Chaos14temp:
When i was learning a bit of hacking i learnt its not that hard to hack icloud and time machine on apple and did you know that apple checks all users phone for illegal content, even though its for security reasons they still get your info

Every phone maker monitors for for one reason or the other. But it's better on iOS then on Android, where any app can monitor you immediately you give it some permissions.

However, apps are sandboxed on iPhone, so they don't get access to your personal data. iPhones are the most secured out there (after Blackberry died)

About iCloud: it's still the most secured out there.

4 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Uchiha14: 10:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:

Every phone maker monitors for for one reason or the other. But it's better on iOS then on Android, where any app can monitor you immediately you give it some permissions.

However, apps are sandboxed on iPhone, so they don't get access to your personal data. iPhones are the most secured out there (after Blackberry died)

About iCloud: it's still the most secured out there.
Drive is more secure its very hard to hack since the will hack you back
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by tecnolad(m): 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
Uchiha14:
Drive is more secure its very hard to hack since the will hack you back

grin cheesy Google drive? It's not that secured. Did you know that you can get paid stuff for free, if they're uploaded on Google drive? You only need to use a Google dork string.

I'll tell you how:

Search for whatever you want and add "site:drive.google.com" to it, and you'll be welcomed with many Google drive accounts that contain that file you're looking for. I mean accounts that were passworded by their owners o.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

photoshop crack site:drive.google.com
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Uchiha14: 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:

This point doesn't bring solid arguments against what I have said. To be honest, it's confusing too.

Only one phone uses ios so they have to be careful no.4
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by tecnolad(m): 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
Uchiha14:
Only one phone uses ios so they have to be careful no.4

No. In the tech world, things get obsolete quickly. Apple could have chosen to not support the iPhone 6s for about 7 years.

Samsung S6 edge was released the same year. It didn't get that much support. Most Android phones only get 2major OS upgrades.

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Auskyd(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hakeem12:
They even get more than four years. I have been a die hard android supporter for a while, recently switched to iPhone xs and I’m loving it.

High quality apps, top notch software - hardware integration. Apple AppStore is better policed than google playstore, hence apps with better optimization.

Xs ayama lol.
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Auskyd(m): 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
GodWrites:

You gotta use it first to understand. Android, you will take 50 shots before you get the right one. Iphone, 1 shot and you have gotten what you want. For me, that's a deal breaker cause time is money.

50 shots? Which Kain cap be this? Maybe 50 shots on Infinix or Tecno. Can't fault you if that's what you've been using lol

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Uchiha14: 11:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:

No. In the tech world, things get obsolete quickly. Apple could have chosen to not support the iPhone 6s for about 7 years.

Samsung S6 edge was released the same year. It didn't get that much support. Most Android phones only get 2major OS upgrades.
since they own the os they make sure every single part of the phone works very well with the phone. android developers don't have that time so they only make it better and compatible but they only test with pixel phones
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by GodWrites: 7:22am On Sep 05, 2022
Auskyd:

50 shots? Which Kain cap be this? Maybe 50 shots on Infinix or Tecno. Can't fault you if that's what you've been using lol

Exaggerated, yes! But you understood the message.
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Auskyd(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2022
GodWrites:

Exaggerated, yes! But you understood the message.

I am still struggling tho, cos on flagship androids, one shot will always do the trick for you. Even budget phones like the pixel 5 and 6a will take stunning pictures at first take.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Prinzton(m): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2022
Auskyd:

I am still struggling tho, cos on flagship androids, one shot will always do the trick for you. Even budget phones like the pixel 5 and 6a will take stunning pictures at first take.

It seems they never heard of OIS

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by GodWrites: 10:13am On Sep 05, 2022
Auskyd:

I understand that there are some pretty cool Andriods... But the consistency of iPhone is unbeatable. See, I'm currently using an Android. Redmi Note 10 pro to be precise. But that doesn't make me biased.
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Auskyd(m): 10:26am On Sep 05, 2022
GodWrites:

I understand that there are some pretty cool Andriods... But the consistency of iPhone is unbeatable. See, I'm currently using an Android. Redmi Note 10 pro to be precise. But that doesn't make me biased.

I feel you bro, but even that your Redmi doesn't qualify for a top tier android when it comes to pictures sha. Gaming, everyday functions, it will very good and smooth. Cameras? Not so much. The iPhone will give you crappy pictures sometimes. Take from someone that uses both on a steady. Sometimes the HDR is just useless and you have to take it again to achieve what you want.

And iphone pictures always have this tint I can't describe to them. Very annoying.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Djwike(m): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
Were can i find blackberry z10 screen in onitsha

1 Share

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Grandmeister(m): 6:27am On Oct 23, 2022
tecnolad:

I'll do just that, bro.

The 6s got 6 years of os update and currently going on 7 years of software update.
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Grandmeister(m): 6:29am On Oct 23, 2022
Prinzton:

Android does this

Stopped taking your post seriously when you said aluminium is stronger than steel.
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by fredie107(m): 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
Allison012:
Most people buy iphone for paparazzi not more.there is nothing an iphone does than an android can't do and beyond.

Infact I have the almighty Dynamic Island on my Redmi

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Prinzton(m): 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
Grandmeister:

Stopped taking your post seriously when you said aluminium is stronger than steel.
Sir,
I never said stronger but lighter as regards to weight of premium devices and has a superior heat absorption over Steel.
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Kunlegzy(m): 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2022
Grandmeister:

Read his post again, this time slowly
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Elxandre(m): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
tecnolad:

I'll do just that, bro.

Interesting points but you I believe stainless steel over aluminum steel is just a design preference for the sake of weight and aesthetics, which has its limitations too. Aluminum steel is just strong enough.

Also, my 12gb ram android doesn't reload apps after several days too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hurray BBM Now Available For Africa In Playstore / How Can I Transfer data From Android Phone to new Iphone 6s / How To Repair A Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card (memory Card)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.