Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? (2941 Views)

What's Special About Iphone? / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 / What Is So Special? This Browser Costs 80,000 Naira On Google Play (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Epurogonogono(m): 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
It's no news that the iPhone is a very popular brand of phone in Nigeria and almost everybody aspires to own one, but the thing that baffles me is why this is so.

Whenever I ask, the answers I get are always about its superior camera quality and security. Does that mean that android phones are lacking in this aspect? (I've seen androids with very good cameras and security).

iPhones are very expensive to maintain and repair compared to androids and the batteries of most iPhones are usually not as good as androids'.

Please, is there anything special about iPhones that makes them so popular in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Moh247: 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2022
Look, for peace of mind get an iPhone, Samsung or the other top brand and run away from all this transsion phones

On O.S both are pretty much the same but IOS is more fluid while Android has more app, in terms of Battery Samsung edges iPhone abit, Screen resolution I prefer iPhone

10 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Allison012: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2022
Most people buy iphone for paparazzi not more.there is nothing an iphone does than an android can't do and beyond.

10 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Uchiha14: 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2022
Apart from os and camera it has nothing to offer
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Flora2Sweet: 11:18pm On Sep 03, 2022
Resale value is top Notch... unlike Android

11 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by arthurwillia(m): 1:24am On Sep 04, 2022
Epurogonogono:
It's no news that the iPhone is a very popular brand of phone in Nigeria and almost everybody aspires to own one, but the thing that baffles me is why this is so.

Whenever I ask, the answers I get are always about its superior camera quality and security. Does that mean that android phones are lacking in this aspect? (I've seen androids with very good cameras and security).

iPhones are very expensive to maintain and repair compared to androids and the batteries of most iPhones are usually not as good as androids'.

Please, is there anything special about iPhones that makes them so popular in Nigeria?

I’ve been using iPhone ever since I drop my blackberry z10 in 2017.. all I do is upgrade to the next one.. transfer my files from one phone to the other and continue from where I stop. I don’t need to start editing anything, all my servings from previous phones enters the new one..
I’ve never had any reason to drop my phone with engineer for repairs or anything except changing the screen when it fell. My phone doesn’t hang.. but battery Dey die sha oo. So everywhere Charger lol.
So what’s special is just the stability for me. Value for money

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by arthurwillia(m): 1:26am On Sep 04, 2022
Uchiha14:
Apart from os and camera it has nothing to offer

Lol what are you saying? It’s like saying apart from assist and goals there’s nothing Messi can offer. What else do you want? Lol

4 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Uchiha14: 6:59am On Sep 04, 2022
Flora2Sweet:
tell that to oneplus phones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 04, 2022
IMO,i feel everyone should go for what he desires.am a big fan of Steve Jobs(may his gentle soul continue to rest in peace) but i only like their macbooks,ipads and air pods,i don't like iphones,WHY?.Am a fan of big batteries on phones and i don't really fancy camera.
my own observation is that most people that buy iphone buy it for paparazzi/show off,they don't usually go for their specs that suit their lifestyle in phones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by phr0nesis(m): 7:55am On Sep 04, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
IMO,i feel everyone should go for what he desires.am a big fan of Steve Jobs(may his gentle soul continue to rest in peace) but i only like their macbooks,ipads and air pods,i don't like iphones,WHY?.Am a fan of big batteries on phones and i don't really fancy camera.
my own observation is that most people that buy iphone buy it for paparazzi/show off,they don't usually go for their specs that suit their lifestyle in phones.
All iPhones from 11 upwards have good batteries. Infact iPhone 13 pro max has the best battery of all flagship phones.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 04, 2022
phr0nesis:

All iPhones from 11 upwards have good batteries. Infact iPhone 13 pro max has the best battery of all flagship phones.
good batteries indeed!!!
iphone introduced 3000mah+ around 2019 or so when sammy and the rest have started dishing out 4000mah+ since like 2018.so because i wan use 3000mah phones,i go dey spend big moni on phones when other phone brands offer better ones with less price.well,am not here for phone wars,my own is that iphone is a no-no for me.

7 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by GodWrites: 8:06am On Sep 04, 2022
Epurogonogono:

You gotta use it first to understand. Android, you will take 50 shots before you get the right one. Iphone, 1 shot and you have gotten what you want. For me, that's a deal breaker cause time is money.

4 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Kyase(m): 8:08am On Sep 04, 2022
Allison012:
Most people buy iphone for paparazzi not more.there is nothing an iphone does than an android can't do and beyond.
Boss
iPhone smooth die
I be android person, because I like my freedom but ehn iPhone sweet die
I Dey use both (iPhone and Samsung)
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by phr0nesis(m): 8:10am On Sep 04, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
good batteries indeed!!!
iphone introduced 3000mah+ around 2019 or so when sammy and the rest have started dishing out 4000mah+ since like 2018.so because i wan use 3000mah phones,i go dey spend big moni on phones when other phone brands offer better ones with less price.well,am not here for phone wars,my own is that iphone is a no-no for me.
iPhones currently have better battery uptimization. The 4000 mAh of iPhone 13 pro max outlast all the 5000mAh flagship android phones. I'm not an iPhone user nor a fan.
I once made this battery argument with iPhone fan boys and ended up losing the argument.

7 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Epurogonogono(m): 9:31am On Sep 04, 2022
phr0nesis:

iPhones currently have better battery uptimization. The 4000 mAh iPhone 13 pro max outlast all the 5000mAh flagship android phones. I'm not an iPhone user nor fan.
I once made this battery argument with iPhone fan boys and ended up losing the argument.

I know that iPhones have started making good batteries but the fact remains that android phones are the pace setters when it comes to this and android phones would make a lot more better batteries before iPhones would come with batteries that are just one level higher than the highest one they currently have.

When it comes to innovation, androids beat iPhones. Androids are constantly coming up with new features, functions and designs which iPhones would later copy.

iPhones are too restrictive (some iPhones don't support SD card).

What I've also noticed is that a lot of people who buy iPhones just buy them to feel among, especially young ladies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by blazepascal(m): 11:38am On Sep 04, 2022
Pple tend to respect you more if you use iPhone that's the advantage grin
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by phr0nesis(m): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2022
Epurogonogono:

I know that iPhones have started making good batteries but the fact remains that android phones are the pace setters when it comes to this and android phones would make a lot more better batteries before iPhones would come with batteries that are just one level higher than the highest one they currently have.

When it comes to innovation, androids beat iPhones. Androids are constantly coming up with new features, functions and designs which iPhones would later copy.

iPhones are too restrictive (some iPhones don't support SD card).

What I've also noticed is that a lot of people who buy iPhones just buy them to feel among, especially young ladies.

I agree with you 100%
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Flora2Sweet: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2022
Use both and thank me later
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by SergeantTitus(m): 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
Most people who use iphone know nothing about phones. Most especially the ladies. The just use it for taking pics and chatting that's all lol. Most times I see Iphone users as dummies.

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by SergeantTitus(m): 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
GodWrites:

You gotta use it first to understand. Android, you will take 50 shots before you get the right one. Iphone, 1 shot and you have gotten what you want. For me, that's a deal breaker cause time is money.
Lol. Part if what I'm saying. Only dummies use iphone. If you're half smart, you don't need 50 shots to get a perfect shot.

4 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by SergeantTitus(m): 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
Kyase:

Boss
iPhone smooth die
I be android person, because I like my freedom but ehn iPhone sweet die
I Dey use both (iPhone and Samsung)
Says someone who uses samsung galaxy s2 and iPhone 7 grin

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by lyriclekidd(m): 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
arthurwillia:

I’ve been using iPhone ever since I drop my blackberry z10 in 2017.. all I do is upgrade to the next one.. transfer my files from one phone to the other and continue from where I stop. I don’t need to start editing anything, all my servings from previous phones enters the new one..
I’ve never had any reason to drop my phone with engineer for repairs or anything except changing the screen when it fell. My phone doesn’t hang.. but battery Dey die sha oo. So everywhere Charger lol.
So what’s special is just the stability for me. Value for money

Transferring of files to the next phone and continuing
where you stopped is the easiest thing for Samsung to do. Infact you can transfer your whole Samsung phone to an iPhone if that's your next upgrade, which I'm 80 percent sure iPhone can not transfer your whole phone to a Samsung.

7 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by lyriclekidd(m): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
Flora2Sweet:

This is the only reason I feel iPhone is better in Nigeria, most people using iPhone in nigeria don't even know much about the phone, but they know they can add money and upgrade to a better iPhone or collect money and downgrade to a lower iPhone. Samsung resale value in Nigeria is trying but I believe they can do better.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by tecnolad(m): 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
I see a lot of ignorance in this thread, but I never get chance to reply una

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by general111(m): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
Wetin i sabi??
Make i waka pass with my infinix
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Epurogonogono(m): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:
I see a lot of ignorance in this thread, but I never get chance to reply una

Please enlighten us, we are here to learn.
That's why this post is a question.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by asainco(m): 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2022
I've read every comment in this thread and not one single iPhone user was able to answer the question...

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by GodWrites: 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
SergeantTitus:

Lol. Part if what I'm saying. Only dummies use iphone. If you're half smart, you don't need 50 shots to get a perfect shot.

And smart people use Andriod... I think bacteria have more neurons than you.

6 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by tecnolad(m): 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2022
Epurogonogono:

Please enlighten us, we are here to learn.
That's why this post is a question.

I'll do just that, bro.

First, iPhones aren't only popular in Nigeria. They are popular everywhere; iPhones take the crown as the most sold device in the world.

iPhones are expensive because:

Apple only releases flagship devices (apart from the SE series that will soon be discontinued) every year, and they use premium materials to build these devices.

Apple build their flagship pro models using steel, which is more expensive and durable than the aluminium frame used in other flagship devices from other companies, including Samsung.

Samsung's S22 Ultra and Fold 4 are more expensive than the iPhone 13 Pro Max, but they use an inferior build frame when compared to the iPhone.

Although their screen is brighter and nicer than the iPhone's, of what benefit is it when it's put in an aluminium frame that isn't strong enough to protect it, especially when it's a curved display?

This is not to say that iPhone's screens aren't nice. They're actually amazing too.

If you think iPhones are expensive to repair or maintain, you should try repairing a Samsung flagship 's screen.

Apple ecosystem is just so amazing. If you have an iPhone and a Mac, or an iPad, you can answer your calls from your iPad or Mac, if someone calls your iPhone that's in another room.

Also, if you are browsing a website on your Mac or iPad, you can continue from there you stop on your iPhone.

You can copy texts or media files from your iPhone and paste them on your iPad or Mac

You send a text message to an iPhone user and instead of your airtime, data is used.

The phone just works! You're sure that you can pick your phone up and expect it to work pretty fast, without hanging or anything.

You don't need to close apps before your phone works super fast. Most times, I go back to an app I opened 2 days ago and I get to return to where I stopped using the app, without the app reloading. Crazy, right?

Apps have advanced functions than on Android:

1. Twitter space on iPhone has a search bar where you can find spaces you want. The one on Android doesn't have a search bar. You only get what Twitter shows you.

2. I can hardpress a WhatsApp chat and read the message someone had sent to me, without it telling the person that I read their message. Same works from status updates.

3. I can install good shortcuts like "R+ Download" and download videos from any social media app without needing a third-party app.

4. I can airdrop a 1GB file or more in matter of seconds. Yes, I mean seconds!

5. Video recording on an iPhone is just amazing. You won't understand what I'm saying until you record a video on a recent iPhone and a recent Samsung device, and then compare.

Battery life from iPhone 11 series upwards can compete with any Android phone out there with bigger battery Mag.

My iPhone 13 Pro Max lasts me almost a full day on heavy usage. Battery life is better than even the Samsung S22 Ultra.

Processor on this phone is still the most powerful on the market right now. Imagine what the iPhone 14 Pro's processor will be like.

Resale value is good, because not only are iPhones durable because of their build, but Apple also gives software support for almost 4 years after you buy a phone.

I'll let you know of other iPhone advantages, if I think of any.

15 Likes

Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Parachoko: 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
Epurogonogono:

Which Android Phones are you comparing with iPhones?
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Epurogonogono(m): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2022
tecnolad:

I'll do just that, bro.

iPhones are expensive because:

Apple only releases flagship devices (apart from the SE series that will soon be discontinued) every year, and they use premium materials to build these devices.

Apple build their flagship pro models using steel, which is more expensive and durable than the aluminium frame used in other flagship devices from other companies, including Samsung.

Samsung's S22 Ultra and Fold 4 are more expensive than the iPhone 13 Pro Max, but they use an inferior build frame when compared to the iPhone.

Although their screen is brighter and nicer than the iPhone's, of what benefit is it when it's put in an aluminium frame that isn't strong enough to protect it, especially when it's a curved display?

This is not to say that iPhone's screens aren't nice. They're actually amazing too.

If you think iPhones are expensive to repair or maintain, you should try repairing a Samsung flagship 's screen.

Apple ecosystem is just so amazing. If you have an iPhone and a Mac, or an iPad, you can answer your calls from your iPad or Mac, if someone calls your iPhone that's in another room.

Also, if you are browsing a website on your Mac or iPad, you can continue from there you stop on your iPhone.

You can copy texts or media files from your iPhone and paste them on your iPad or Mac

You send a text message to an iPhone user and instead of your airtime, data is used.

The phone just works! You're sure that you can pick your phone up and expect it to work pretty fast, without hanging or anything.

You don't need to close apps before your phone works super fast. Most times, I go back to an app I opened 2 days ago and I get to return to where I stopped using the app, without the app reloading. Crazy, right?

Apps have advanced functions than on Android:

1. Twitter space on iPhone has a search bar where you can find spaces you want. The one on Android doesn't have a search bar. You only get what Twitter shows you.

2. I can hardpress a WhatsApp chat and read the message someone had sent to me, without it telling the person that I read their message. Same works from status updates.

3. I can install good shortcuts like "R+ Download" and download videos from any social media app without needing a third-party app.

4. I can airdrop a 1GB file or more in matter of seconds. Yes, I mean seconds!

Battery life from iPhone 11 series upwards can compete with any Android phone out there with bigger battery Mag.

My iPhone 13 Pro Max lasts me almost a full day on heavy usage. Battery life is better than even the Samsung S22 Ultra.

Processor on this phone is still the most powerful on the market right now. Imagine what the iPhone 14 Pro's processor will be like.

Resale value is good, because not only are iPhones durable because of their build, but Apple also gives software support for almost 4 years after you buy a phone.

I'll let you know of other iPhone advantages, if I think of any.

Okay grin grin.

Thanks for the comment, I research about some of the advantages you listed
and see if it's really worth the hype.
Re: What's So Special About The Iphone Brand? by Boogyman557: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
Holly Gram cool iPhone is popular because it's the TICKET to alot of Nigeria Girls PUSSYYY..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN N3500 Data Plan, How True? / Which Memory Card Brand Is Best Recommended And Where To Get It / What Phone Can I Get That Gives Brilliant Picture Quality??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.